Cowboy Bebop

I'm watching Cowboy Bebop right now.

Is it just a "space Lupin in the future" or does it actually get good later on?

Why don't you keep watching and find out, faggot.

>Does it get good?
Is OP a massive fag?

show is overall mediocre and decent at best

it follows a shounen-esque villain of the week formula and raises fairly cliche 'is life worth living' and 'maybe immortality is a curse' kind of questions. mc is a gunslinging self-insert that does whatever he wants and has a dark past.

it also has the kind of cult following that cant take criticism: everything is dismissed as "Sup Forums being contrarian"

What's your problem with "space Lupin in the future"?

>space Lupin
>not good
I don't understand.

>does it actually get good
No, they have the same cancerous dubfag fanbase too.

>it also has the kind of cult following that cant take criticism
You have to articulate some actual criticism for people to take first. Calling something mediocre only expresses you worthless feelings towards it and say nothing substantial about the show itself.

nah, you are just dumb

>Is it just a "space Lupin in the future"
those are some spicy implications you are making

It's style over substance anime. You watch it one day forget it next day. It has a cult following of toonamifags but they are irrelevant nowadays.

>Cowboy Bebop
>good show

when I watched it I imagined a dumb anime fangirl squeeling at the quips and "feeling" during the hamfisted emotional moments like the boyfriend yelling at her and it freezes on her sad face for 3 seconds.

>Sup Forums being this contrarian

The dub is actually good.

I agree with this.

There are some great episodes, and some forgettable ones.

>People replying
Nigga, what ya doing?

Whatever I want. I dont play by the rules

I think you listen to cowboy bebop more than you watch it. The soundtrack is one of the best in anime. Everything is made to fit with it.

I watched it again a few years after, and what made it good for me was the whole atmosphere of the show. The retro-futurist universe is what makes cowboy bebop great. I think that the cartoony adventure of the main characters is just an excuse.

>Does it get good.
No, just stop watching it.

It gets good once Fae and Ed leave the crew, Spike dies and everything turns to shit.

Yeah, pretty much this.

These.

>shounen-esque villain of the week
Bullshit, there's not even necessarily a villain, some bounties are way more broad than that. The rest of your points are just reductionist shit. Even if you had legit complaint about one aspect or the other the sum of it parts prevent it from being mediocre.