What am I in for?

What am I in for?

A slump in the middle and a beautiful ending.

Jesus Christ, I hate these threads. Just fucking watch the show.

Heart-shaped lasers and MC realizing he's been killing people after 40 eps.

"Me and my alien girlfriend" the series

I want Anemone to sit on my face.

Prepare for adults hardcore bullying a kid

The MC is awful for the first 25 episodes or so, with a few additional awful seconds in epiosode 31. If you can get past that, the last parts of the show is pretty good, with a few nice moments in the beginning too (although usually ruined by the terrible MC).

The surfing robots are less awesome than you'd imagine.

Best couple
They did nothing wrong

You're in for my favorite anime.

>only semi-competent robot show as far as I'm concerned. (Yeah, it's got magic alien hybrid backing but find me a robot anime other than Gundam that doesn't.)
>characters all have a cool backstory, and it doesn't just focus on the mains, all the time.
>intellectual Buddhist/Christian eschatology

Since 2006, I've lived for the sake of one day writing a story as original and as good as Eureka Seven. It's all I've ever wanted to do.

>only semi-competent robot show as far as I'm concerned.
>not macross

>only semi-competent robot show as far as I'm concerned
>intellectual Buddhist/Christian eschatology
Oh, boy.

Admittedly I haven't seen that. I'll keep an eye out for it on Netflix.

>HURR I greentext big words that hurt me

You will never see Macross on Netflix. The only series that has a US license is Macross Plus a short OVA.

You will have to find all the fan subs, its worth the effort.

>Netflix
Ironic shitposting, etc.

Boring garbage, horrible characters (MC, pink hair and the captain particularly), terrible pacing, show is double the length it deserved to be, fucking horrible unsatisfying ending

Seriously you'll want to kill yourself every time pink hair is on screen. Her "romance" with the cucklord makes absolutely no sense

Excuse me a moment; it would appear you didn't like the show. That's perfectly fine, it's okay to not like things.

But hating Anemone and Dominic should be a fucking crime and you should go to jail.

renton alone is what es so much better than ao

>liking someone who literally screams 90% of her time on screen
>liking someone who has no purpose but to obsess over horrible screaming bitch

a good time

Best girl by a landslide.

I had heard he was awful before I went in, so I had low expectations. Felt he wasn't nearly as bad as people make it seem.

he's a mopey brat that grows. it does drag in places but so much time is spent on it that it feels authentic.

Child abuse. All day every day.
And at the end of the day, very few good robot scenes.

I still need to watch the last 5-7 eps. Holy shit was the ending really good? I donĀ“t want to start it again.

Ending was worth the ride; don't watch the sequel though unless you can stomach what can only be described as a wish from the monkey's paw.

On the other hand, moe mom eureka and maybe five minutes of adult Renton being cool.

On the other other hand, what can only be described as fanbase trolling, acceptance of a contradictory metaphysics and 'featuring dante from the devil may cry series'

Then watch the sequel that everyone was begging for !

The greatest love story of all time.

fuck I should have watched it to the end. Maybe I will restart it.

Shit that becomes sorta decent after the halfway point.

Wet spaghetti, the anime

the start is strong and it builds until the episodes following rays/charles where it spins its wheels

The ending's worth the ride.

Infantile message about making peace with a genocidal invader that can and will hold a gun to humanities head for the rest of all time.
>inb4 sequel series and dewey was right memes
That's not what I'm talking about.
The sub coral are the fucking biological borg. We're literally brain food for them and their version of "coexistence" is fucking Empire.

There wasn't enough development between these two to justify how they ended up in the end.
Dominic went from pity to love and she went from scorn and pinning for Dewey to love and there's no fucking inbetween here.

>bumps thread

>not macross
>in a reality where delta exists

Yeah you're god damn right "not macross."

You're really going to invoke shitty sequels to defend Eureka? Really?

oh my god please no

In the end it's leagues better than most of the trash airing nowadays. it suffered from a lot of hate because it shares a lot of elements with NGE, but I felt a lot more satisfied with the series as a whole by the end of it. Every character grows and changes, it's a good ride, with not a whole lot of bad to say about it, unless you hate the mecha genre in which case you're barking up the wrong tree.

also my favorite anime of all time so im biased as fuck

It's also the last time we'll ever see a 4 cour hand drawn mecha, once a staple of the medium.

Oh snap.

Was it really the last? That's sad. The animation was good.
Hand drawn is dying, and 4 cour is dying/almost dead, so it's not strange that 4 cour hand drawn mecha is dead

>It's also the last time we'll ever see a 4 cour hand drawn mecha
IBO doesn't count? It's okay if it doesn't count.

I wasn't.

Bullyng

It's a good anime, one of the few that actually made me feel like I went there and visited their world. People bitch about the filler in the beginning but it just sucked me in more. Good music and styling overall.

I hated him when I watched the English dub back when I was younger, but I thought he wasn't so bad when I rewatched the series in Japanese.

I can't think of any gundam that has hand drawn mecha except for the famous cuts in Unicorn.

I honestly can't tell if IBO is tracing cgi wires or not. It does, though, not look like they're just doing the color carefully on a cgi model to jive with the hard drawn bits.

CHERRY BLOSSOM CHERRY BLOSSOM
Dewey did nothing wrong

He was a dick about it, though. And as far as he knew there was a significant risk, even the most likely outcome, that all of humankind would be wiped out along with the scub. And he thought that would be like winning in its own way, which isn't wrong but also is not cool.

Here's one thing to make watching the series more enjoyable.
If you didn't know already, many of the main characters' mechs are named after electronic drum machine models, specifically Roland TR-606, and TR-808.