Unpopular Opinions Thread

TWGOK was a masterpiece up through the Goddess Arc and Keima was a fantastic MC

NGE was shit and both rei and asuka are queens of shit.

Kyoani has never produced a worthwhile anime. Hyouka was their best but it was still just mediocre.

>starting with a popular opinion
Even while being right you're still a faggot, baka OP

I thought twgok was shit. I dropped it like three chapters in. Cringy wish fulfillment and an unlikeable mc.

Nah most people think TWGOK is shit.

You must be a faggot too
You and OP were made for each other

Black Rock Shooter is an enjoyable anime with a somewhat good use of cgi

I actually hate Dragonball. I hate the plot, characters, development, and think it might as well just be a meme.

I recently find chink battle manga to be better than nip battle manga.

One of only two anime I have ever dropped.

"no"

The monogatari franchise is awful, and a complete bore to sit through, and the includes season 1 of bakemonogatari.

Natsume Yuujinchou is a better Mushishi.

Madoka and Psycho-Pass were both garbage.

Anime today is about as good as it was 20 years ago.

Cute girls do not make a show better.

CG should not be used to render mechs in anime, ever.

The beginning of Naruto was genuinely great, creative, and entertaining, and had better character writing than the vast majority of shows, even if it was intended for kids.

Manga is more enjoyable than anime.

since when? it's widely agreed that twgok is a masterpiece pre-goddess arc

Manhwa artists tend to be better at drawing. I don't think the stories are necessarily better, though.

I don't like it either.

Some of your points I like and some I very much am angered by. I don't know what to think. But manga being better than anime isn't an unpopular opinion at all, it's default.

Madoka is a masterpiece, ESPECIALLY if we include Rebellion, which was a perfect conclusion to the creation fable bringing it full circle. People judge it by >muh SHAFT and >muh grimdark mahou shoujo so subversive but why it's good has literally nothing to do with either of those things.

>manga being better than anime isn't an unpopular opinion at all
Depends where you are and who you ask.

>Manhwa
That's gook, not chink.

I genuinely, non-memeingly, think Monster is overrated shit.

I have never liked or saw the appeal in Gainax and Trigger shows.

Monster was pretty good.

I think the main series is fine, but holy shit Super just might be the worst shonen currently running (in both manga and anime).

I like Psycho-Pass Season 2 more than the movie

The OVA is amazing, the anime is shit. Character design was uglier in the anime and the story is way more weird.

Bleach was a masterpiece

Fairy Tail is actually a pretty solid shonen.

The first season of Kaiji is in at least the top 3 of anime.

The goddess arc was actually the best part. It really brought the series together. It fell apart afterwards, though.

I don't like Yotsuba

ARC-V is the Evangelion of card games

Why?

The top tier of American television (HBO, etc) is better than anything Japan has ever released (animated or otherwise).

Movies are a different matter, although I'd argue they haven't been relevant since the 80s.

user-kun and I have the same opinion on it, I'm happy.

Both seasons of Hamatora were criminally underrated

American television is 100% better at drama, but I think Japan still has a few niches that it does really well. How many TV shows are there like Mononoke or Mushishi?

ITT: newfags pretend to know what is popular and what isn't on Sup Forums

I thought a lot of people liked Kaiji?

Chihiro deserved to win because she was the most logical choice for the MC.

No, it's a lie. Everyone HATES HIM! Sup Forums HATES HIM!

Nanoha didn't go to shit after A's

>chink battle manga
Name some? Other than your pic I only know Feng Shen Ji and Blood and Steel.

You're right. It was always bad.

> American television is 100% better at drama

Drama, by which you mean the foundation from which all stories are told? In every medium of art ever devised?

True, I'd agree America is better.

>Manhwa artists tend to be better at drawing.
Nah, it's just that you see a thousand manga artists for one gook artist.

Calling anything a top 3 on Sup Forums is pretty brazen, especially since I legitimately mean ALL of anime. I really think it's the gold standard for tight thriller-like plotting in the medium.

I know this is a meme but I feel Kaiji is perhaps one of the most relatable characters I've ever seen in anime. inb4 I HATE IT!

loli is pedo

Let's be honest, all of our favorite anime series don't compare to something like The Sopranos if we're talking about depth. Anime has never come close to that level, ever.

The title's right there in the pic you quote.

I loved the side characters in Gurren Lagann, and I hated the main cast.

SoL is the only genre I can really get into.

Kyoani wouldn't be my favorite studio if it weren't for Yamada.

I feel both Tamako Market and Love Story are masterpieces, and they both enhance the other. Love Story gives Market the conclusion it deserves, and Love Story wouldn't nearly be as good if it weren't for Tamako's development in Market.

Junichi Sato isn't a very good director. I loved Tamayura though, despite the production disasters that were the movies and fucked the ending.

American television is about PERSONAL drama. It doesn't matter what type of story, there must be a PERSONAL drama, even though there many other types of drama that can be explored.

From an /m/ poster:
>The thing about Hollywood is that you've just got to have some kind of personal drama going regardless of the situation. Also romance sub-plot. Those two elements are there more often than not.

>The latest Godzilla films are the best contrast of this mindset.
>Annozilla: it's a major event, so you have a huge cast, an overarching view of things, how multiple parties react to the situation etc
>Legendzilla: camera follows some bloke who coincidentally ends up wherever zilla is all the time; half the film is about this bloke's personal drama

I unironically like Tokyo Ghoul and won't let some shitposting autism ruin it for me. But I do agree most of :re's plot points are somewhat retarded or blatant in execution with a ton of missed opportunities but the redraws in volume release sometimes do redeem the rushed weekly releases and a chapter marathon helps going through cliffhangers+plot.

>Junichi Sato isn't a very good director
This. I love the Aria manga, but I dropped the anime halfway through The Natural because I was so bored.

I somehow made it all the way up to Origination before dropping it for the manga.

I wasn't asking for the title. I asked them to name some other chink battle manga.

>Logical
Why though?
And I mean in long-term relationship, not hormonal puppy love that will be tested in a single year.

I have zero confidence in their relationship whatsoever.

Then you haven't been paying attention to how the story and the characters developed.

I personally think there are anime that are, but Sup Forums calls them pretentious because Sup Forums can't have a discussion about themes, framing, color palettes, symbolism, or any of that without dissolving into frothing retards.

i hate yuri with a passion. even shows with slight yuri content makes me drop it immediately.
yuruyuri, hibike! and even the last seconds of KLK when mako thought she was gay for ryuuko annoyed me to no end

im fine with fujobait though

Are you a fujo? This is important.

no just a simple straight male.

Would you say Madoka is one of those?

That's not an unpopular opinion, though.

Kaguya-hime is mid-tier Takahata.
Wind Rises and Ponyo are top-tier Miyazaki.

Those absolutely aren't "unpopular opinion".
kami nomi peaked during the goddess arc and continued to be quite good until that last retarded arc. It was logical for chihiro to win.
>First girl to actually develop feelings for keima by herself
>The most normal one
>First girl to make keima show remorse

Chapter 189, "The memory of my first love", never forget. ;_;

I'm still waiting for that damn Miyako arc, Wakaki.

I love The World God Only Knows, and have it all on my favorites list, shill it to high heaven, 5/5's and all that jazz
I think the goddess arc in the anime isn't that great though. recently rewatched it after having a blast with the original two seasons for the 4th or 5th time and almost dropped it halfway through
it's great in the manga though, which i think has a real drop in quality after the goddess arc
shiori best girl, with ramen girl second

>Wind Rises and Ponyo are top-tier Miyazaki.
I don't know about Ponyo, but my normalfag father who doesn't care about animation really enjoyed The Wind Rises. Said it was a solid A-.

I think we're forgetting something here

I found JoJo after part 2 to be extremely boring.
I read all of Part 3 and Part 4 and didn't really like the Stand of the Week structure and found a lot of the fights to be more far fetched and silly rather than clever. And I hate that the characters seem to forget their own abilities at times.

Don't know if unpopular but I don't like how in yaoi or yuri manga there seems to be only gender, everyone's gay and nobody has a problem with the protagonist being homosexual. That kind of manga/anime always feel like they take place in some alternative world japan.

I actually didn't really care the much about Jojo as a franchise till I slogged through part 1-5 and reached part 6. Part 7 is still my favorite but part 6 is the one that made me love Jojo.

Nagisa best girl.

This thread is not about objectively wrong shitposting, go away user

Flip Flappers is the most retarded anime I have seen in this year, and I am including Keijo.

Everything from the goddess arc onward was good because it told story and had development everything before was Just much more entertaining than it though

Evangelion isnt shit

>Papika!
>Cocona!
>Papika!
>Cocona!
>Papika!
>Cocona!
>Papika!
>Cocona!
>AMANAI NA

You are 100% right