Why are you so lonely, Sup Forums?

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-gen-y-guide/201702/the-2-reasons-why-so-many-people-are-becoming-lonelier

>The General Social Survey found that the number of Americans with no close friends has tripled since 1985. “Zero” is the most common number of confidants, reported by almost a quarter of those surveyed. Likewise, the average number of people Americans feel they can talk to about "important matters" has fallen from three to two.

>Mysteriously, loneliness appears most prevalent among millennials. I see two compounding explanations.

> "If you’re lonely, you transmit loneliness, and then you cut the tie or the other person cuts the tie. But now that person has been affected, and they proceed to behave the same way. There is this cascade of loneliness that causes a disintegration of the social network."

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/does-diversity-create-distrust/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Im fine thanks. Why isnt Hillary in jail?

I’m not married, and I’m getting too old to have kids. I’ll be alone forever.

We need to end eliminate high school, create new colleges that are inexpensive and don’t have any of the current bullshit so you can get in and out without debt, and women need to focus on making themselves attractive to men (not being whores, being feminine, cooking).

I don't trust other people because of daddy issues and the one person I fully trusted was a ho who broke my heart.

I have two people I consider friends. Enough for me, Gute Freunde zählt man an einer Hand (good friends are counted on one hand)

>prevalent among millennials

Well, nobody wants to be friends with miserable people.

>the one person I fully trusted was a ho who broke my heart

Excessive Loneliness leads to either insanity or enlightenment, most people go insane and kill themselves though. I want to see a world like that.

Coward

loneliness is a social construct

>I’m not married,
>and women need to focus on making themselves attractive to men (not being whores, being feminine, cooking).

Have you every considered that maybe it's you that is the problem?

>trusting a woman

you played yourself

Don't bother, he's just a sexless virgin incel

My grandmother used to tell everyone in her family that you can't trust anyone, that she had no friends and her only friend was the man sitting next to her (her husband, i.e.my grandfather),

I think she was right, and the older I get the more I find the idea of friendship frivilous and immature.

yea thanks I know that now
fuck off

Have you ever considered that social epidemics are grounded in many different types of people and behaviours happening concurrently?

>implying your generation is any better

because i'm a man that wears red nail polish and sits at picnic tables staring at children.

It's because overstimulation (more people living in cities than ever, increased online presence) has caused people to view all relationships as disposable and temporary. Why go through the time and energy of developing real friends when acquaintances you can feature on social media are so much easier.

Im lonely because I shit my pants a lot.
I had a date once and took a really pretty Mexican girl down to the beach and shat myself in my shorts. She saw it slowly rolling down my thighs. I started crying and apologising over and over, I was sitting on a towel so I stood up and wrapped that around my waste and started peeling off my spiked shorts but there was shit everywhere and it got all over my hands and my shorts to my knees. the girl was recoiling and walking backwards and I raised my hands to beg her to wait and stepped forward but the shorts around my knees made me trip and my hands landed right on her chest smearing shit all over her.
She started crying too and literally ran off, I think she blocked my number and email.
Since that day in 2008 I’ve never dated anyone again.
I just play vidya and shit my pants at home. I don’t even care that I do anymore. No one will ever want me.

Friendship kicks ass with a good partner. You would be amazed what you can do with collusion.

Well, you can always find love with a scat fetishit (I typo'd on purpose).

Frendship is a waste of time, when the normie starts a family he will stop giving a shit about you
Propably want say hi if he saw you in the street

I'm a millennial and I'm kind of lonely. I've stuck my dick in crazy a few time and got a few STDs and it wasn't worth it... I'm not lonely when I play online video games or browse Sup Forums. I'm only lonely when I go to school/work/whatever in the real world and honestly toonami had it right... the outdoors is overrated.

Because of my depression. I don't feel like seeing people, for me and for them : I'm so fucking bored of these retards, and I disgust them by my lack of joy. So fuck everybody.

read "bowling alone"

It explains how as communities become more diverse racially that people trust each other less. The reason people are lonlier and more depressed despite over all material quality of the average American increasing is due to the collapse of what once were homogenous white communities. Things like the worship of Hollywood super hero's replacing religion, internet, and videogames have worked as stop gaps to mask the utter disintegration of strong communities America had as early as 20 years ago. Diversity kills communities.

You can find joy in video games and honestly that's enough for living. Just sit back and relax. Online communities are probably the only thing keeping a lot of people from putting a bullet in their brain. That's how I feel at least.

This. I never really valued the friendships I did have and when they disappeared I realized that they aren't really replacable. I've been a lonely social outcast ever since, with no hope of getting any back.

I'm lonely and I like it.

>THE 1 REASON
>BECAUSE WOMEN ARE FUCKING FAT NOW
supply of skinny women is so fucking low, the whores can do whatever they want and we just have to take it, so most of us would rather just play vidya and be a little depressed

this exacerbates the 80/20 rule (which is naturally probably closer to 60/40) to something like 95/5.

i have no idea how to fix this problem.

I don't like other people. Taking walks with my doggo is nice though.

This is also how I feel. Lonely and I learned to like it. I really want to let others know that it's possible to enjoy lonely. Maybe it's slightly masochistic, but it's nice once you get there. Kind of like buddah.

This is another one of those things where people confuse "alone" and "lonely".

lol pants shitter

>trusting anyone in 2017

I see your flag. Fellow CSA here.

>TFW It was my friends who pushed me out and stop associating with me after I had kids, despite me still making the effort to hang out as if I was still childlress.

Cunts don't appreciate effort.

Honestly I hate it. It ruins my life.
I have to wear diapers which is hard because I got really fat

It's hard not to be lonely when you are a solipsist.

You can be around people and still be lonely. You can be alone and not feel lonely. It depends on your personality.

>why are you so lonely
People don't care and those that say they do are lieing. Therefore cut the bullshit maintain superficiality but keep to yourself save yourself the trouble.

this. I sometimes go out with my friends, but can only think of wanting to go home during

unfortunatly, this desu

IF SHE BREATHES
SHE A THOT

This is partly why the Alt-Right will grow.

This. The general apathy I experience on a day to day basis with my peers and family is enough to want to end ones life. Everyone has just stopped caring about anything meaningful.

Everybody has a stick up their ass about something, or is on their phone all the god damn time. It's impossible to have a conversation.

Have you tried not shitting your pants?

>enforce hyper individualism and atomization of society
>destroy families
>break apart organic social structures
>why are you lonely goy?
fuck off jew

when was the last time you watched TV?

Alone=/=Lonely!

This. The idea of loneliness as something negative or be sad over is retarded, most things people coencide as negative is made up by others to be negative, dont be a sheep.

I personally have 2 very close friends, alot of "friends", but i really dont ejoy people so much

based flag ftw

oh god, is this real? no results on google

>2 very close friends + a lot of "friends"
>lonely
Just wait until you have neither, maybe then you'll grasp what lonliness actually means

>hyper individualism
Wat? This society destroys individualism at every step. You have to think what everybody else thinks goy

Get with girl who isn't fat. :^0

True. I'm my own best friend

You are both right and wrong at the same time.

You need hyperindividualism to destroy the previous society. Then you need to enforce normalisation on the newly formed sheep whilst maintaining the illusion that they are special, that they are worth it, that they can pursue their dreams and they don't have to listen to anybody but their hearts.

I'm not lonely, I have thousands of friends with me at all times. They are never too busy to spend time with me and I can always count on them to make me laugh and I try to do the same for them.
Their names are varied and some are unpronounceable but I call them all user for short.
I have a feeling that one of these days they're going to get me killed but who wants to live forever anyway?

I never said i FEEL lonely, at times i do, but the kind of lonliness youre talking about is kys tier, you either become a superwizard or kys.

But why do you shit on yourself?

I´m kinda leaning towards the latter honestly.

I had a best friend since elementary school but he turned into ass cancer at the drop of a hat. I don't have too many good friends atm because partily me not trying and mostly because for a while cunts just used me to indulge in their addictions which farted trust issues in my eyes. Anytime I be nice and write someone being cancerous off as "just joking" they double down and make my day feel shitty. I haven't had genuine fun with cunts in a while.

If you could read you might have noticed where I said the skinny ones are in such high demand they can—and do—get away with being completely slutty/evil cunts. :^)

i'm doing loneliness plus a /fit/fast for 40 days like jesus and buddha. it is tough going. although i say things to about 5 people a day, it isn't a conversation, just transactions like buying coffee and water. on day 17 now.

>wrapped that around my waste
kek

"Hell is other people"

I'm not sure it counts if you're still talking to people on 4chung

Think about it, you are talking with your hands the same way that dead faggots do their whole lives

yeah, i guess so. this is social in a way, it is interaction with other people

There are good women out there... I assume... But to say you make the choice of playing video games and being depressed is too much. I am in the same boat with women but I take time out of vidya to get in good shape and socialize with my close friends as much as possible. I'm increasing how attractive I am, I'm improving my social skills, that way if I do find a good woman (possibly gonna have to move to Poland for that, and I'm Polish so its okay) I'll be ready.

That's what life is all about give it your best shot literally utill you die. Dont let anything break you even reality LOL.

What if you become both insane and enlightened? Because I'm feeling as if this crippling lonliness of mine is causing both things.

JESUS HIMSELF SAID THAT!

>trusting a cunt

Are you young or just dumb? Women are for fucking, only men and dogs can be true friends. Women lack the emapthy for loyalty and friendship.

Yeah maybe trash ones. I can tell you right now if you find the right woman she can be your best friend for the rest of your life. I mean men are often garbage as well. Leftism has literally destroyed morality so a lot of people in general are worse now.

>Just play games and ignore the societal collapse like a good goy
>exercise is bad for you got
>if butt sex feels good than everyone should do it got
>Christianity is a made up religion, but respect the religious rights of these brown people we dropped next door

Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away, stop taking your soma and start pushing back

i was young

you should meditate

Because then Bill would be lonely. And lonely Bill is a bit... rapey.

Did Catalonia request Indian soldiers to fight Spain?

Though, I am sorry to hear that dude.

>No son you can't be friends, those kids are catholics, which are basically satan
>No son you can't be friends, we don't know their parents
>No son...
>bubbleboy.jpg
>Hey dad I've came out of my shell recently, could we-
>Hold on son let me text for a minute
I wonder why.

Helicopter parents should be charged with neglect.

>No son you can't be friends, those kids are catholics, which are basically satan
lol are you me

>just fate an American girl or go see a doctor.

I never said it wasn’t, faggot

You know what the worst part of being such a fucking social outcast is? It's that I have a twin brother, who didn't turn out like me. We went to the same daycare, the same preschool, middle school, high school, played in the same football team etc. Neither of us were favorised by our parents, we basically grew up under the same circumstances and the same conditions. Yet he has had several gfs, goes to parties at least every other week, has a job at a clothing store and goes out with friends several days a week. I have none of that and never have. You know how many parties I've been to in my entire life? Two. One was a class party, which honestly was the only reason why I was even invited, and the other was one that my brother hosted while our parents were away and he realised that he couldn't just kick me out of the house, so he allowed me to be there as long as I kept a low profile (i.e. "your presence is tolerated but don't make yourself seen"). Why does my life have to be so fucking unfair?

It certainly has nothing to do with the sterilization of culture and increasing reliance on technology. Automation taking the physical and human element out of simple things like ordering a hamburger. The fact people communicate more via text messages and instant messaging, not even taking the time to write letters or talk on the phone. Even the way our cities and buildings look: monoliths of glass that, inside, are smooth and featureless. Even cars have lost their unique shapes becoming indistinguishable smooth blobs.

It may seem minor but it all adds up. Your community is just like every other community. What you own is like everyone else's. You see no need to speak to anyone physically, you've got all of these faceless programs. Culture has become sterile and soulless. Community has vanished, people have been made to care not for their fellow people, where they live or where they come from.

Is it any wonder then why alienation is on the rise, especially among the first generation raised in the cold ideals of globalist identity, cultute and community erasure? But perhaps I'm wrong and it's all very mysterious and people are lonely because they're lonely and the underlying reasons are just hard to understand.

Loneliness is a meme just like love
Prove me wrong
You cannot

I use to have many "friends"
Slowly they all succumbed to drugs or ended up in prison. Some of them died from ODs, some murdered.
---I feel alone with my ideologies. Faceberg "friends" full of libtard shit.

You guys wanna be my friends?

I'm married and have kids. Still lonely.

I roll completely alone. Give someone else a chance to shit on you and they will. Be nice to someone and they will shit all over you.

Can't trust anyone these days.

Social media- relationships are more vacuous then ever and people can't be trusted

The answer is niggers.

scientificamerican.com/article/does-diversity-create-distrust/

Remember, we're the generation who couldn't stay out playing with our friends.

that's true. Just had this conversation yesterday with some boomer.

Told them how lucky they were to grow up when they did. She went on to tell me how they could run the neighborhood all day until night time. No worries in the world.

What kind of a faggot actually wants to be around people?

Back when I was growing up, I thought my Dad was a great Father, but looking back now I realize that he prioritized business trips over actually being around. We had to move around a lot because of his career. We moved twice, and on both occasions I lost ALL the friends I made in my life up to that point. Back in highschool, I only have 1 deep friendship.

When University started, I was out of state so I lost all my friends again. This time though, for some reason, I didn't managed to make ANY friends, let alone a deep connection. I've spent the last 4 years of college alone, and once I graduate, I'll lose all of my social connections all over again. I don't think I'll ever manage to create a deep relationship with someone ever again. Compound this that I've never had a gf, I will probably die alone. I really fucking hate society and it's degeneracy.

People are lonely because they value the shallowest of things like money and physical attractiveness.

the internet

>The General Social Survey found that the number of Americans with no close friends has tripled since 1985. “Zero” is the most common number of confidants, reported by almost a quarter of those surveyed. Likewise, the average number of people Americans feel they can talk to about "important matters" has fallen from three to two.
Damn that sucks. I have five friends that I feel like I can talk about anything with, along with mom dad and brother. Good luck Sup Forums making friends is hard.

I grew up with too many niggers and spics to have friends.

no:)