Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kuLOUufHdaU
youtube.com/watch?v=XrpdFmb0EMc
youtube.com/watch?v=hvW_ZllJBIo
youtube.com/watch?v=BUOr36X6qJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Will be shit

Why is a japanese guy blonde?

It will probably be shit but that outfit is pimping.

pls be fake

CG looks good. Could be cool.

Would watch

Looks Good.

>Fullmetal Alchemist
>Clear western setting with western characters
>Played by Japs

>Ghost in the Shell
>Clear Japanese setting with Japanese characters
>Played by White people

>Death Note
>L, who is clearly a British Autist
>Played by a suave Black man in Seattle

at least Willem Dafoe is Ryuk

All the Japanese people pretending the be English is just off putting.

Also looks cheap, like most Japanese movies.

>no one bitching about whitewashing

clearly is a 1 way thing for dumbass weebs

>whitewashing
>they are asian
Dumb motherfucker.

Plus there's a difference between a movie from a insular country with a modest film industry and small selection of foreign actors that speak the language and a fucking Hollywood blockbuster.

second post

and literally one post above yours

>at least Willem Dafoe is Ryuk

because no make up is required he was probably the cheapest option.

>asian cast in an anime/manga series where the setting makes it blatantly clear that the culture and characters are white and western-oriented.

Looks bad. Gonna be SnK live action boogaloo all over again.

See

I don't think anything can be as bad as the Live action SnK trainwreck

did they film it in yurop?

looks ok, maybe it'll be as good as the rurouni kenshin trilogy

also

It's backwards world for Japan.

Ghost in the shell should have an asian woman playing as major and this movie should have a blonde young male as lead.

It looks like shit. The CGI is garbage. This will be as terrible as the SnK live action movie, and that is saying a lot.

Hiromu Arakawa will probably ironically enjoy it, though. Remember that omake where she and her assistants were discussing which actors should star in an FMA live action movie?

> No German MC

nani?!

I remember that omake. IIRC, there was even an assistant who questioned why Japanese actors would portray European characters.

It's about time! What took them so long this should have been done years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=kuLOUufHdaU

British autist with bushy black hair and skinny? Fuck, could've done that job.

Willem Defoe simply stands around with gloves and a feather boa and the job is done.

>there was even an assistant who questioned why Japanese actors would portray European characters
Exactly, though they all agreed Al would be CG and Roy Mustang should be played by pic related. Too bad Oikawa is old and fatter now.

Death note is actually the least offensive of the three, since they're changing the setting.

At least I think they are.

They are, right? They're rewriting it to be based in the US?

Is Death Note going to be an Americanized version of the original manga's story, or are they simply taking the premise and dropping the notebook in America?

If this means an Ed and Al figma, let it be.

The Death Note one is excusable in that they're changing the entire setting to be set in America.

It'll be ok, but nothing special.

The sad reality is that things like this, the Gundam Franchise, and others like Attack on Titan need to be collaborations where actors from various countries can be pulled in to form the cast.

FMA is meant to be largely a parallel Europe/Germany, and thus should have a largely Germanic cast with some other Europeans mixed in, while the only Asians should be those playing the Xingese characters (if they're to even appear within the story).

And yet, if this were made by Hollywood, they'd probably just make it another whitewash like the fucking Avatar movie, including the Asian characters.

But the CG looks good, do guys even know what good CG looks like?

Worse yet, why can't Japs into hair that isn't clearly hair sprayed or a wig?

Looks like shit, but thats just what you get with a japanese live action budget.

Make those lazy-ass germans learn some japanese and put them in the role please. Asians already have an important role outside of Amestris and this just make people confused.

Is going to be set in america but I doubt they will change the story, or at least I hope so

Why can't Japan do good CGI?

It looks awful.

L's initial plot for figuring out where Light is doesn't really work with how big US is and the advent of social media streaming.

Why does it look like it's from the same producers as the Shingeki no Kyojin movie? Literally same effects.

Because no hollywood budget?

I think it is or else why the fuck is Light
s last name Turner?

Then why not try for more practical effects?

Hell, is it that hard to get some bigass dude to just be in the armour?

This is how it is for every japanese movie. Their acting is hammy and they literally can't afford to make anything look decent. People in japan can stomach this kind of film, so that's who they're made for. They're not thinking about an international audience.

You'd think they'd go for smaller scale productions, then.

I don't think they actually put effort in these live action adaptations, they probably just make them for a quick buck. Which is a shame because they can actually be good when put effort like in the Kenshin live actions which were made mostly using wires and practical effects.

They typically do smaller scale productions. It doesn't magically make quality go up nor budget increase.

It actually looks good but what are they hoping to accomplish with the story? Tell some trumpcated version that captures the heart of the tv series?

Well it looks like Ed is older so maybe it will be some kind of "what-if" story following the brother's years after they've lost their body's

What the FUCK

i did not see this coming

They can, as we've seen in their video games. But for some reason, those people never go into movie effects.

But will it have "that" scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=XrpdFmb0EMc

it could always be worse

youtube.com/watch?v=hvW_ZllJBIo

That didn't all too bad from the trailer, but I heard the actual film just didn't feel like Harlock at all. Though of the many anime characters to be made into live-action, they did seem to get the look right.

Unlike say... Dragon Ball Evolution.

Why didn't they just do 3DCG like Gantz:O? That movie looked great

What will be the Japanese name for Edward Elric?

Full CG Alchemist

NOOOOOOOO

Same as usual, which will just seem bizarre as Ed and Al are supposed to be Aryan as fuck, super-Aryan considering their eyes are gold instead of blue/green.

The coat looks pretty nice, actually looks worn instead of all clean and pristine as shit as most fanworks tend to make it look.

Shame that Al just looks like some 90s CGI abomination. Would it have killed them to just use props for some shots and save the CG for bits where it'd be too complex for a costume?

Make a appointment with a doc,doc

youtube.com/watch?v=BUOr36X6qJc

Winry's gonna be ugly as fuck, isn't she?

I don't know how film casting works, but is there a possibility that the black guy we've seen isn't actually L? The scene with him on the podium reminds me of the Lind L. Taylor part, like he's just gonna get killed and the real L will mock Light.

hollywood whitewashing doesn't look so uniquely bad afterall

Why they always choose baby face faggots to star those movies? Even if it gets completely out of the character most of times?

Example: Otokojuku movie with babyface Momo

In most case, Whitewashing in Hollywood movies sees more changes than just the race of the characters, names and all that shit are altered to fit the new setting.

This is just basically a cosplay movie.

Not sure what to say about the Ghost in the Shell movie, since the setting is meant to be a weird melting pot of Japan and other cultures. Yet they're apparently keeping the Major's full name instead of something that would be fitting of someone who isn't one-iota Asian.

You do know Ed is like 16 right?

Sup Forums - Anime, Manga and Live Action

>at least Willem Dafoe is Ryuk

I just hope Raimi isn't writing the script. He'd have him verbally brutalize the new L.

What would be wrong with that? Hamfoe is best Foe.

Dafoe's a great actor and all, but you watch Spider-Man recently? He'd never get away with those lines today

>OUT AM I, YOU KIKES?

Here is what i don't get. Why does Hollywood purposely go for shit like Akira or GTIS when shit like FMA is just as if not more popular and has a lot of Caucs in it? They don't have to Whitewash anything, they're already White. Speaking of GTIS and FMA, Scarjo would actually be perfect for Riza Hawkeye.

fuck off, Sup Forums

From what I understand, a lot of it has to do with the film rights for those two being held by American studios for YEARS. Like, when the originals first came to the states, many studios were scrambling to secure film rights for their own adaptions because god forbid a movie from another country be popular in the US.

"Either we make it, or at least produce a turd no one can salvage!"

But yea, you'd think something like FMA which is still going pretty strong even after concluding 6 years ago would be the one to get an American adaption.

On the whole thing about GTIS, I'm worried they're focusing too much on the Major's past, which has never really been the point of the series, not even 2nd Gig focused that much on it beyond connection her to the Individual 11 guy.

how about something easier?
make it real armor with someone wearing green screen suit in it

Cant wait for all these manga/anime > movie adaptions to be released. Im gonna watch all of them ALL OF THEMno sarcasm

This actualy looks good

>I'm worried they're focusing too much on the Major's past, which has never really been the point of the series

Honestly ididn't even like when they did that in the anime version. The original Manga all Shirow tells you about her is she is a Cyborg and her name is Motoko Kusanagi , and it's implied even that maybe an alias. There is a mystery to her character it's not all spelled out for you and that's just fine. Here they seem to be going with some bullshit lol amnesia/stolen memory story line.

That coupled with the bullshit slowmo wall running

Only thing is, Al is fucking huge, easily 7 feet or so considering he's as tall as Armstrong (if not taller, been a while since I've seen anything with them side-by-side). So not only would they have to get a taller motherfucker (and in Japan, that's a needle in a fucking barn full of hay), they'd probably have to redo the armor in a way that would be easy for the actor to move in, but still carry that sent of weight Alphonse had despite being literally empty inside.

Why can't they just get a whiteguy to play Ed?

>a country of cosplayers and they can't even get a decent fucking wig that isn't piss yellow fake looking and inaccurately wavy

When I read the headline that said "CGI Al," I was expecting the worst. Doesn't look too bad. Actually looks more promising than GITS.

My first thought after seeing the trailer:

THEY"RE RAPING HIM!

Eh, SAC only made it the focus in 2nd Gig, and only for a few episodes. While they did reveal how she became a cyborg, they were smart enough to leave the in-between open to anyone's guess. We know Batou harassed her about changing appearances, suggesting Motoko has had many aliases throughout her life.

But yea, the movie feels like it's going for the "They stole and hid your life from you!" and then it'll be the Major going after Section 9/whoever her handlers are, and then probably some cliché ending of "I'm a ghost. I don't have a name anymore."

As for the slow-mo, that's not really a bad thing, so long as it's not done for every single action scene. It is neat that they're being somewhat faithful in the visuals, though that could easily backfire and just feel lazy and uninspired.

BTFO

Hard to say since we only see him for like 2 seconds. Once he's shown moving, then we'll know what to think.

I don't mind the idea of CG too much if they can avoid making Al not move like someone who shit themselves while wearing those attack dog suits.

And it's a guy

Not like you have to see the movie yourself or anything.

City feels lifeless

Basically this, whoever did costume design was fucking on point, everything else looks shit though.

To be fair janny forgets this one all the fucking time.

I've lost count of how many Aio Honoo threads I've had deleted.

>short sequences which basically showing nothing
>cut japanese text with black background
>rinse and repeat
Absolutely boring.

Nice coat.

user, you realize cities are not alive right?

inb4 Mortal Engines post

I'd watch this.

Why are movie executes hell-bent on raping our childhood memories
>God damn you!God damn you all to hell!!!

>tumblr
>not posting the original

Fucking millennials, why are you so hellbent on raping my childhood memories.

You guys forgot 1 major thing:
This movie is based off an anime. Granted, they are German, but still, you're asking more than you should. Don't get me wrong, I was a bit annoyed when the Flash got the West family turned black but I got use to it. You can't really complain, even as a fan, you have no part on this over than getting a movie ticket and watching it.

Here's the real questions:
1. is it going to be 100% Japanese?
2. Are they going to do a new story line? I say no, because it's Japanese and they know how to (for the most part) stay to the original.
3. Will the dubbed be the original VAs or completely different people and/or people that sound similar? Or are we looking at Megaman dubbing?

before you guys get your pitch forks and fire to this movie, lets see more trailers. You know there will be by January. So we can't get mad YET. For all we know there will be some style changes. We know Roy will be in it, so lets see how that turns out. MOST of the people from the anime will be in it, that's a given.

Do we get to see Shou fuck up his dog and daughter? Or maybe a "flash back" or something

>So we can't get mad YET
The fact that this is being done at all makes me made, I can do whatever the fuck I want.

What are you mad about user?

READ NIGGA READ

>inb4 a tiny spelling mistake makes the entire message of the post incommunicable and you didn't know exactly what I meant.

It's amazing I can even type with how much liquor is inside me.