Left: Anime heroines of 2007. Sweet, loyal, supportive, mature women

Left: Anime heroines of 2007. Sweet, loyal, supportive, mature women.
Right: Anime heroes of 2016. Fake, smug, bitchy, selfish, terrible.

How did we fall so far these past 10 years?

>Fake, smug, bitchy, selfish, terrible.
So the right on is Sup Forums?
It's an improvement actually.

>fall
This is a rise.

Left is submissive and boring, right is opinionated and interesting.
How is this a fall again?

Submissive? She slapped Sana in the first episode, baka.
Also, Myself;Yourself aired when I was 20, so I have nostalgia for it because it aired when I was still young.

>slapping people
What a fucking cunt

Have you seen Myself;Yourself? AOTY 2007.

threatened by women who aren't submissive and well behaved are we? You will die a virgin.

>tfw I've seen it but I don't remember the plot at all

Yes, being well behaved is a good thing. Didn't we learn this in kindergarten?

Well behaved people aren't interesting characters.

I'm not "threatened" I just have no reason to care about or cheer for someone who's rude or nasty to or looks down on everyone they meet.

Dropped her show after at ep 1, never looked back.

Nanaka is actually for true alphas because she's crazy. Sana probably warded off multiple murder attempts during the 10 year timeskip.

I watch anime to escape. If I wanted to see some talentless teenager with no skills or work ethic at all complain about the world not groveling at her feet, I'd go on kikebook or go outside.

I don't need this in my anime.

Left: Anime harem MC of 2007. Sweet, loyal, supportive, gentleman, respects women.
Right: Anime harem MC of 2016. Dumb, smug, cunt, selfish, terrible, is rude to women, has no manners

How did we fall so far these past 10 years?

>muh safe space

Thanks for playing along with my thread, user

I like right better in both cases, I'd rather have a girl with a slightly bad personality than none at all. Although, it's not quite a fair comparison because Kazumas anime is actually good. And I'm glad he's no white knight faggot, it's rare you see a guy in any japanese medium who isn't a pussy worshiping bitch. Even fucking Luffy follows the archaic code of "never do bad stuff to a woman ever no matter how horrible she is".

>You will die a virgin

Where do you think we are? You obviously don't belong here, get out

>loyal

Good one m8

Well, I'm neither sweet, nor supportive, nor mature, so I guess I can relate to the right one more.

Are you a grill
And non-loyal people are bad

No, I'm a guy

But seriously though, I've always had more fun with people who are more like the right one than the left. That's why I post on Sup Forums instead of some other community.

Myself;Yourself pretty good remember watching that shit when i was 15

You were a child of fine taste.

I want to punch Chitose's fartbox with my tongue

You seem rude and nasty and looks down on people with that post user.

> wanting to be force-fed the same shit over and over

that archetype still exists but it's not as popular as it was in the early-mid 00s

Before I say anything, I really enjoyed shows like Toradora, but I feel like studios keep trying to tug at that nostalgia and ride that wave of success

I am, but only to Chitose.

2007: Wish fulfillment trash aimed at 13 year olds
2016: Realistic character written by Based Watari.

I was 20 when Myself;Yourself aired, user, and I thought Nanaka was a fascinating character with a beautiful character arc.
What do you have to say to THAT, punk?

There are people in their mid 20s/30s who think Sakurasou or Shigatsu are good drama anime.

If you enjoy characters like left more than right, it's probably because you yourself have the personality of a cardboard box.

Dude... that's a little rude. We can disagree without resorting to personal insults.

He does have a point.

being a self absorbed smartass is not a personality

Yes it is?

Nope. Sorry. Nanaka is a deep character and a labor of love. Chitose is a meme girl.

lol

What is "SPIRIT COOKING" anyway?

?

btw, if you like meme girls, that means you're a meme too.

>muh Watari

meant to

That Myself;Yourself was a standoffish psycho that, although extremely loyal, threw a 10 episode bitch fit just because the MC didn't recognize her more grown up self.

>That Myself;Yourself
*That girl from Myself;Yourself

Right > Left

We've come far

>loyal
>psycho
>loyal psycho
>emotional and sensitive

You're making her sound perfect, user. Kind of backfiring on yourself.

She was violent. Not even played for comedy, actually violent.

Did she do anything violent besides slapping Sana for being a jerk in the first episode?

I don't know, it has been 9 years. All I remember is she was a bitch and twincest elopement.

>Sana for being a jerk
All he did was say what up.

Same with . It was so empty that I only remember girl from OP-pic being best girl and that there was no kissu.

I know I watched the left one but I don't fucking remember whats it about. Can someone refresh my memory.

Bless the Chitose