I see this pose in so many anime...

i see this pose in so many anime, is there any significance in the Japanese culture relating to looking at your hand before and/or after a big event?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9GLl6kI4hQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the obvious example

It shows how fucked up they are.

but in >pic related
he is about to go on a mission that will endanger his life, and in the 1997 berserk anime guts does that after killing someone in the first episode if i'm not wrong...

Its a hand

It's the
>"Oh shit, what did I just do"
pose

To check if the hand is shaking; if it is you clench it into a fist to stop it. Basically they're checking their resolve.

>I'm so fucked up

If it's empty, unmarked, they're thinking about the plot and resolving to do shit about it. If there's something on their hand, something in it that just slid out of their grip to the floor, they're thinking about consequence and ruing that shit they did.

Most likely checking to see if they're shaking out of nervousness. Otherwise I have no idea

They're looking at themselves to see if they're the same person because a big change just happened.

in classic cinema after someone gets in a fight and someone ends up dead and other situations like that they look at their blood covered hands and its a striking image, it seems japan forgot about having the blood and now find looking at hands symbolic of the same thing

Just taking a finger inventory

i look at my hands all the time

>When you about to bust a nut but ur mom comes back

>MC reaches his hand towards the sun and clenches his fist as if to catch it

My personal belief is that when an animated character stretches out there hand it can mean so much.
This can be true especially the way you can see his hand flexing with the rain pouring down you know that he himself is trying to find out so much more than he actually knows.
This is also true because of the symbolism that has to do with the unmarked unharmed hand.
There can be so many meaning full things about hands in things like media coverage and anime.
One way to tell if it truly is symbolism is to see if the unmarked/unharmed hand is of a male or female characters hand then if you add in how they themselves would react to such a scene (the one that is happening in order to make them stretch there hand out in the first place then you can easily find out what it is that this could mean I've studied the meaning of hands in different cultures such as japan and Dubai there are oh so many things But in my opinion you OP have just looked way the fuck to deep into the bull shit why are you still reading go to bed user.

JoJo reference?

blood on their hands and all that jazz

It's the first person view of this.

You're staring at your hands, not believing what you just made them do

The hand represents you, it's like watching yourself in a mirror without the mirror.

Strange, my hand usually represents someone else.

Witty.

Its not really a culture specific thing OP but humans see their own hands alot and it can easily remind them that as a human they are different than beasts but say after murdering a bunch of people or so those very hands can show as a reminder that their humanity or self can be just a much as a monster as any beast and thats an easy way to show as such.

What

something like this
it's like 'Did I really do this?'

Thinking about that theory his friend told him on how if your hand is bigger than your forehead, you have cancer,

The animators may be fans of Bob Backlund.

Introspection.

It's a jojo reference

Forty keks for the smart man.

>is there any significance in the Japanese culture relating to looking at your hand before and/or after a big event
wat

It's basically a gesture which says
>am I really going to do this/did I really do this/etc, with these hands of mine?

Hand's are the most difficult part of a person to draw, so when they focus on the hand, it's just to show off their animation skills in order to make the series seem more like """art""".

Your hands symbolizes your actions and what you could do with them.

Source?

Because hands are your primary tool with which you do and touch stuff. Your hands are the first part of your body you can easily look at, they're a stable presence.

If you're feeling really existential then your hands are the first thing you look at to make sure you are still there.

Of course the obvious reason is if you are in shock but your hands are shaking then you know something is wrong. For example, if you've ever just found out someone close to you died and you just feel numb but your hands are shaking then it's indicator you are reacting on some level despite your conscious blocking it out. Goes for any traumatic experience really.

How do you count your fingers if you are using them to count though?

Use your toes

It means "what have I done?"

Holy shit you are a genius.

"Should I fap before doing this? Will I have time afterwards?"

Correct.
So many clueless anons.

The day where someone succeeds will be interesting.

>am I really going to do this/did I really do this/etc, with these hands of mine?
This. Think "blood on my hands" etc.

> nobody on Sup Forums can follow basic logical symbolism
This actually explains a lot.

>Goddamnit, why is it still november?

>blood on their hands and all that censorship
FTFY
there are lots of rather infamous cases of blood in hands being censored off, leaving a character looking at an empty hand for no reason.

So who else looked at their palm after seeing this thread?

Hands are symbolic of the works you wrought.
The character is contemplating either what they have done or what they will do soon.

I like when they talk about writing something on your palm with your finger to calm down

>""""""

How do you fail to use quotation marks correctly?

Fucking kill yourself.

> he hasn't seen ASD demos

Like, MAN. That's the first idea that comes to mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=o9GLl6kI4hQ

Lack of originality, sticking to the anime routine.

> two girls look at each other and stumble
> awkward pause in silence (var.: background sounds become louder)
> they burst into laughter

KILL KILL KILL KILL

Even Flip Flap has this shit.