Interesting historical events you've never heard of

>Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were United States citizens who were executed on June 19, 1953 after being convicted of committing espionage for the Soviet Union. They were accused of transmitting nuclear weapon designs to the Soviet Union; at that time the United States was the only country with nuclear weapons. They also provided top-secret information about radar, sonar, and jet propulsion engines to the USSR.

>For decades, the Rosenbergs' sons Michael and Robert Meeropol and many other defenders maintained that Julius and Ethel were innocent of spying on their country and victims of Cold War paranoia. After the fall of the Soviet Union, much information concerning them was declassified, including a trove of decoded Soviet cables, code-named VENONA, which detailed Julius's role as a courier and recruiter for the Soviets and Ethel's role as an accessory. Their sons' current position is that Julius was legally guilty of the conspiracy charge, though not of atomic spying, while Ethel was only generally aware of his activities. The children believe that their father did not deserve the death penalty and that their mother was wrongly convicted. They continue to campaign for Ethel to be posthumously and legally exonerated.[6]

Plz give me some interesting/weird/important historical events mostly unknown nowadays or that aren't being teached at school. From 0 B.C to this last century

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/439060/vladimir-putin-1999-russian-apartment-house-bombings-was-putin-responsible
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Dickstein_(congressman)
youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
upi.com/Archives/1985/08/28/Soviet-media-hints-Samantha-was-murdered/3545494049600/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident#Operation_Paul_Bunyan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1945_Katsuyama_killing_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident
youtu.be/8lMOL7GaPWI
youtube.com/watch?v=-4j3TBC8Z8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(((Rosenberg)))

There was a schizsm in the East Roman Christian Church that created the Nestorian Church. They spread eastward into Asia and converted a lot of people to christiananity. they had a lot of luck with the Turkic people and the Chinese.
I suspect they mightve been what created Islam

My history teacher in 5th grade refused to cover this because they were jewish. Teacher was a yid herself.

The false-flag apartment bombings of 1999

nationalreview.com/article/439060/vladimir-putin-1999-russian-apartment-house-bombings-was-putin-responsible

I was never told about this, wow how could the nazis do this

Here's a drawing by Picasso of both.
Guy on the right remind you of someone?

their execution is mentioned in the opening pages of The Bell Jar

>I suspect they mightve been what created Islam
hurrr, ya think?

Yeah he's a soiboi
>the bell jar
WEEWOO WEEWOO FAG ALERT

>you've never heard of
quit assuming you stupid fuck

user, thinking is a dangerous thing, CNN said so

Interesting,thanks! will learn more about it

>tfw you're so effective at recruiting useful idiots that you don't even need to kill them after they've served their purpose

Nuclear weapons are a spook

James Joyce?

Samuel Dickstein
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Dickstein_(congressman)

>events you've never heard of
>memeflag

Are you dumb, or just trolling?
Billy Joel sang a Number 1 world hit about that, that literally everybody knows!

youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

lol I'm not american, I can assure you that 99% of people in my europe country never heard of this Rosenberg's case. It isn't teached in school even in the cold war segments we learned during our cursus. And I suspect that at least 50% of millennial americans never heard of it too

On a related note, when the Soviet archives were made available in the 1990s they also showed that Senator McCarthy was completely right that the US government, and the Hollywood establishment, were riddled with Soviet infiltrators.

I read somewhere that McCarthy's activism started when a CIA whistleblower came to him and told him that there were communists everywhere and no one was doing anything about it. So McCarthy started naming names, and at first got recognition for it because someone was finally having the balls to name the (((communists))). Then the CIA realised where McCarthy was getting his information from, and instead of just shutting down the source started feeding him false information, which would lead McCarthy to discredit himself.

Makes you think when you realise that maybe McCarthy wasn't the alcoholic bully the media painted him as, but one man fighting against a corrupt system who turned to drinking after the traitors managed to discredit him.

>99% of people in my "europe country" never heard of this american espionage case from 70 years ago
wow this is truly some HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE. there is a WAR going on for your MIND.

>Plz give me some interesting/weird/important historical events mostly unknown nowadays or that aren't being teached at school. From 0 B.C to this last century

the gold rush was a fraud,
pimps funded the underground railroad
founding fathers fucked their slaves men and women,
Rosenbergs were patsys the real spy escaped back to Moscow

all the news has been fake for at least 100 years, most historical moments photos the past 100 years are CIA photo ops

I was talking about myself on this particular story but still
How old are you?
Ask anyone around you about it in the next days and see for yourself

Grade school kids should be taught about Samantha Smith, a 12-year-old who became a symbol of peace during the Cold War in the early 1980s. She wrote a letter to Yuri Andropov and he wrote back and invited her to visit the Soviet Union.

"Smith attracted extensive media attention in both countries as a "Goodwill Ambassador" and became known as "America's Youngest Ambassador" participating in peacemaking activities in Japan. She wrote a book about her visit to the Soviet Union and co-starred in the television series Lime Street, before her death at the age of 13 in the Bar Harbor Airlines Flight 1808 plane crash."

The Soviet media hinted she was murdered:

upi.com/Archives/1985/08/28/Soviet-media-hints-Samantha-was-murdered/3545494049600/

Part of the buildup to getting Americans involved in World War 1 was a propaganda campaign aimed at making Germans seem like monsters.

A main story?

Germans stole corpses and ran them through 'corpse factories' where they were put on meat hooks and run through an assembly line, ending with the bodies being boiled and chemically treated. TO MAKE SOAP

read this book, it'll change your life

they just started having McCarthy take down people they didn't like and the communists stayed untouched,

funniest shit is how Allen Dulles spent more time advising the Kremlin than he did advising the White House, before he became CIA director

Kennedy was assassinated to cover up hundreds of similar cases.

2 stories not important at all but still

> In 1842, a society was established in Germany, the Verein zum Schutze deutscher Einwanderer in Texas—the Society for the Protection of German Immigrants in Texas, or the Adelsverein. The goal was to organize a mass immigration movement to colonize the Republic of Texas, thereby creating a new German state in the heart of America. By 1847, over 5,000 German immigrants had made their way to Texas and established five settlements. Another 2,000 immigrants arrived by 1853. However, the New Germany didn’t happen, mainly through a lack of business sense, mistrust among the members, and losses through land speculation.

>In 1647, when Manhattan was a Dutch colony called New Amsterdam, a married barber-surgeon, commissary of stores, and respected explorer named Harmen Meyndertsz van den Bogaert was caught in flagrante with another man—a black slave. Sodomy was a capital offense according the strict Calvinist faith practiced by the Dutch at the time. Pursued by the authorities, Van den Bogaert broke out of custody in Fort Orange and fled with his lover to an Iroquois village, but was tracked down. In the ensuing struggle to capture him, a shoot-out occurred and a longhouse was set on fire. He was literally dragged away by the posse and returned to Fort Orange. He got out a second time, but drowned in the second escape attempt, possibly making him the first victim of homophobia in North America

>teached

kys

Wtf are you talking about, I didn't say it's hidden knowledge but mostly unknown nowadays, it's 'forgotten knowledge' you emotional freak

So, you are talking about things 16 year olds do not know?
That will be a pretty long list, starting with how to shave and end ending with how to piss in a straight line.

Here's one for you Sup Forums, my father used to live down the street from them and walked past their house everyday for work. So, when they got arrested they dismantled the house peice by peice and my father happened to be walking past as FBI agents all dressed up in suits and ties were ripping side panelling off the house.

>yuropoor detected
this is one of the most famous espionage cases in US history. We hear about it non-stop. I still love you though, keep up the good work!

You gave me a chuckle teuton

Ask any 25/30 years old and see for yourself

That is interesting.

>how to piss in a straight line
wait, what? I keep pissing in parabolic arcs!

thanks a lot

Mig-15's had Rolls Royce Nene engines.
The titanium used to make YF-12's (SR-71's) came from the Soviet Union.

lel surely we are not that good on the cold war and US history in general, but I suspect american education is spending far less time teaching the 2000 years of europe's history events compared to us

world history was an elective when I was in school, no longer mandatory. I took it anyway
So you're right, we really don't teach history

wtf how is this possible? This is the most evil thing to do and they do it on purpose

I mean we have mandatory US History, but it goes like pilgrims, slavery, revolution, slavery, slavery, slavery, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, holocaust, holocaust, holocaust, holocaust, MLK, feminism, AIDS

any other amerisharts wish to confirm?

> The Ottoman Empire's Sultan Ibrahim I had 280 of his concubines drowned in the ocean after one of them slept with another man.

>Mexican General Santa Anna had an elaborate state funeral for his amputated leg.

>Before the mid-19th century dentures were commonly made with teeth pulled from the mouths of dead soldiers.

>Roman Emperor Gaius made his beloved horse a senator.

>After Pope Gregory IX associated cats with devil worship, cats throughout Europe were exterminated in droves. This sudden lack of cats led to the spread of disease because infected rats ran free. The most devastating of these diseases, the Bubonic Plague, killed 100 million people.

>The Aztecs made human sacrifices to the gods. In 1487, at the dedication of the temple in Tenochtitlan, 20,000 people were put to death.

Disgusting

Who covered up the JFK crime in the new leaks?

It's true, and I had a high quality school(for public school anyways).

You have fucking nothing mandatory on europe's wars/Kings/christian religion/events during 2000 years??? I mean it's YOUR history and YOUR ancestors. And all this history is the reason why usa have been made possible to exist. It's a fuckin damn scandal, no wonder why there's a lot of self hating leftists and angry minorities, it's all coming from that, they don't have the larger perspective

>because many Oppidae in Europe proved actually pretty hard to conquer, Gaius Julius Caesar razed them and ordered the celtic population not to settle on hills anymore.

hahaha, nope and nope.
We walk out of our history classes knowing about the underground railroad, or Arthur Ashe and Keith Herring (famous AIDS deaths) instead of Charlemagne or Kaiser Wilhelm

they go over it pretty thoroughly in our schools actually. They always go "did they actually do it tho??? well never know. red scare paranoia!!". meanwhile every kid in the class with a functioning brain knows they did.

> In the 13th century 30,000 children went on what is known as the Children's Crusade. They were convinced God would allow them to take back the Holy Land without incident, but most died on the journey or were sold into slavery.

>Upon dying, some pharaohs were sealed into their tombs alongside their living servants, pets, and concubines

> In Medieval times the accused often faced a "trial by ordeal," where they were forced to stick their arm into a vat of boiling water. If their arm emerged unscathed, it was believed God protected them, thus proving their innocence.

>Animals were put on trial in medieval times and routinely sentenced to death.

>In the 1970s Pol Pot's communist regime brainwashed thousands of Cambodian children into becoming soldiers who committed mass murders and other atrocities.

> Peter the Great executed his wife's lover, then forced her to keep her lover's head in a jar of alcohol in her bedroom.

My hs history teacher would rant about Vietnam and call lbj a liar and traitor and praise Nixon, taught us more about the conspiracy theories about JFK too lul

oh, and one more thing
Americans are taught from a very young age to HATE FUCKING RUSSIANS. Not sure why, but they are considered a natural enemy. Might have been that whole cold war spat, but we are raised to hate them

unless you go to catholic school where we were told to "pray for Russia"

a reason for that was the "Murus Gallicus" (the Gallic Wall" against which roman Artillery was virtually useless.

one of my teachers slapped the television when LBJ came on in a video because she said she hated him so much, dead fucking serious

>> Peter the Great executed his wife's lover, then forced her to keep her lover's head in a jar of alcohol in her bedroom.
DEKEKING INTENSIFIES

they don't just hand out "the Great"s for nothing

> Peter the Great executed his wife's lover, then forced her to keep her lover's head in a jar of alcohol in her bedroom

Fucking savage lad

I’m phonefagging, so I can only recomend looking up the leo frank case and the birth of the adl and the second klu klux klan.

>be Pharaoh's 8 year old concubine
>He's 70
>He dies
>I now die too

>Peter the Great executed his wife's lover, then forced her to keep her lover's head in a jar of alcohol in her bedroom.
That's pretty metal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident#Operation_Paul_Bunyan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1945_Katsuyama_killing_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident

>Jim Jones was a big mover in west coast liberal politics. His "church" was used as muscle for the party in San Francisco and Jones held a minor city office for a while. His cults behavior shows the dangers of collectivism and one of it's bad ends.

>The United States and Allied forces were preparing to deploy mustard gas in Europe during the second world war. A cargo vessel made port in Italy carrying large volumes of gas but was bombed by Stukas raiding the port, this caused a massive gas release and massive civilian death toll. The records of this event are sealed until 2018. This information comes to me from a member of the merchant marine that had shore leave cut when his captian found out what the ship was carrying and deemed the risk of bombing too great.

typical American history lesson

youtu.be/8lMOL7GaPWI

This.

Damn it's a fucking shame, this is the most evil thing they can do, they really know how to make millions of lost brainwashed souls, this is their most destructive weapon

How do you piss in a straight line? This is some forbidden knowledge.

I had a crazy uncle that went nuts and left the family and they looked for him in the names of the Jim Jones follower deaths. He wasn't there. Turns out he was just in Idaho
>inb4 cool starry bra

>A cargo vessel made port in Italy carrying large volumes of gas but was bombed by Stukas raiding the port, this caused a massive gas release and massive civilian death toll.
fucking kek.

It's sad though. How do we vindicate McCarthy? Like, seriously, how do we do it? McCarthyism gets a bad rap, despite being absolutely right about everything.

IT IS ALWAYS THE FUCKING JEWS
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHY DID HE HAVE TO LOSE
youtube.com/watch?v=-4j3TBC8Z8E

>In the 15th century Romanian ruler Vlad the Impaler impaled 20,000 Ottoman Turks on long, sharp poles on the banks of the Danube.

>In early Rome a father could legally kill anyone in his family.

>After finding a 36,000 year old steppe bison preserved in the ice, Alaskan zoology professor R. Dale Guthrie and his team ate some of its flesh. Guthrie said "the meat was well aged but still a little tough."

>Child killer and rapist Pedro Lopez, known as "The Monster of the Andes," was convicted in 1983 of killing 110 young girls (though he confessed to killing 300).Lopez was released in 1998 after serving Ecuador's maximum sentence of 20 years. His whereabouts are presently unknown.

THE GAYS CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

well he didn't have to nut off like he did
I mean come on, Oppenheimer? Even if he was a commie, he's the father of the fucking bomb

embrace it!

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Checked. When will (((they))) be exposed?

The Rosenberg case is not addressed in most public schools and McCarthyism was actively demonized, when I went. Wake up.

>The Roman Emperor Commodus collected all the disabled and little people he could find and ordered them to fight each other to the death with meat cleavers in the Colosseum.

RAGE

Trostky lived in New York and was shipped back to the Soviet Union to lead the revolution. The British intercepted him and imprisoned him (since the Russian tsar was their ally) but still let him through in the end.

At the age of 18, Frederick the Great had to watch his best friend be decapitated on the orders of his father.

Peter III of Russia (who saved Frederick the great in the seven years war) was cucked, deposed and assassinated by his wife Catherina the Great.

In Poland we have about 9 years of mandatory history school. We have 1000 years of Poland to cover, we have ancient history, we have I war II war medieval times, Napoleon times, Charlamagene times, I'm too bored to post others but the only thing we don't get teached about I think is basically africa and asia.

Yeah, this sort of thing is almost never discussed, and, if it is, it is never revealed that they were Jews plotting against the goyim, you filthy rat.

CHECKED

Fucking kek, this meme has given me one of the best supplies of hearty laughs I can think of. Fucking masturbation machines.... fucking kikes.

This
US history was taught with emphasis on colonial era, slavery, civil war, woman’s right, civil right, WW1 and WW2, the holocaust. Cold War got skimped over with cuban missile crisis and mccarthy. Mccarthism was always left open with assumption that it was just a “scare” and no Communist infiltration happened.

>Rosenberg
OY VEY

What is this fucking cuckold video why are you watching this shit

What do they teach about the Civil War? Share me your book take and teacher take I will share mine after.

>Julius and Ethel Rosenberg

Why do Jews do the things they do?
Why do they constantly try and undermine their host nation

This.
>Muh colonialist racism
>Muh KKK
>Muh 6 gorillion
>Muh McCarthyism

Any attempt at whites to be free in their own homelands is attacked viciously. This is our *mandatory* education.

I always heard they were executed because they were Jewish and they were innocent
>soviet documents proved their guilt
imagnin muy shark

We spent more time talking about the "witch hunts" and how awful McCarthy was than we did on most wars.
Looking back, all my history teachers were closet commies.

slavery, slavery slavery slavery, slavery, Super Lincoln magically frees all slaves overnight, profit!

tribalism and greed

It is the reality we live in, thanks to the victory of the allied nations.

Threads like these are always about what isn't being taught at Amerilard "schools" not places with actual education tbqh
I fondly remember watching a documentary on the Rosenbergs, and craking jokes about how Hitler was right and a jews place is in the oven, afterwards with the lads

The entire family needed to be executed and everyone that would have had a slight inclination. These people literally threw the world into chaos.

Even I learnt about this and I'm not even an American.

>The Roman Emperor Commodus collected all the disabled and little people he could find and ordered them to fight each other to the death with meat cleavers in the Colosseum.

>Soviet biologist Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov attempted to impregnate a chimpanzee with human sperm, but failed in his quest to make a "humanzee."

>In 755 A.D. the An Lushan rebellion against the Chinese Tang Dynasty resulted in 36 million deaths, or one-sixth of the entire world population.

>In colonial America pregnant women didn't receive painkillers during delivery because pain was considered God's punishment for Eve's eating the forbidden fruit.

>Saddam Hussein was given the key to the city of Detroit.