Is there a war anime that isn't overly grimdark, and actually realistic? Pic not related

Is there a war anime that isn't overly grimdark, and actually realistic? Pic not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/index.php?title=Grimdark&oldid=357337#Common_grimdark_themes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That pic was dark and depressing. I remember when I watched this and was legitimately shocked at what was implied. I felt pretty terrible for that little girl.

Definitely check out:

Shitai wo Arau
Kowaku no Toki

How is civilian rape overly grimdark when its a common by product of war?

It's not implied, the girl got raped and this becomes a subplot.

Now, this chick is also presumably 13 - 15 given speculation of the show.

Rape is already pretty edgy but that's taking it to a whole new level. Hard to believe.

Sora no Woto

The original Mobile Suit Gundam along with War in the Pocket are good war anime if you don't hate mechs.

Don't listen to this idiot. Doesn't paint a realistic picture of war at all, but retards here like it because of moeshit.

>Hard to believe.
You've never picked up a history book before, have you? That shit is bloody tame compared to actual history.

>and actually realistic

>can I have water that isn't wet?

>realistic war anime
>not grimdark
1d4chan.org/index.php?title=Grimdark&oldid=357337#Common_grimdark_themes

>because of moeshit
It's liked because of the universe it manages to build up in its short run. Now fuck off.

>realistic anime for realistic viewers such as myself

Did you not hear about the American troops who gangraped and murdered a 14 year old girl after killing her family? People do terrible shit in warzones

War and terror are probably some of the weakest genres in anime because the necessary horror and violence are much better depicted and felt with real actors and real locations.

>actually realistic
>not grimdark
I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking for...

I'm not sure pic related really counts as a war anime

Am I right in assuming that OP wants a story that glorifies war and is not realistic or something that's realistic and not actually about war but has it in a background setting? Kind of like if Non Non Biyori was taking place during World War II?

I think he just wants cool people doing heroic deeds and has sniffed so much glue that he thinks that's realistic.

Makes sense. So more glorified and less realistic then.

>Hard to believe
You should watch "The Act of Killing", great documentary.

Strike Witches

What is this from? Google gave me nothing.