Let's talk about SpaceDandy

Let's talk about SpaceDandy
Why this anime is so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RXB26d8qcN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw you still have ~7 episodes of season 2 you haven't watched

God the show is so fucking good but I love having the feeling that it will never end.

Because it does not pander to waifufags, moefags, yurifags or haremfags. Instead the creator got total freedom to produce and animate whatever the fuck they wanted to do, and it was good.

Enjoyed quite a lot and thought it was a very fun anime. Also its artistic direction was really top tier. One of my favourite episodes is A Merry Companion is a Wagon in Space, Baby.

This will be a future classic.

There was fanservice tho

It felt more like comedy for than anything else.

>Monster of the day formula with new adventures every episode with a few overarching plot points and a perfect mixture of fanservice/silly episodes and serious episodes
>Amazing art direction and animation by industry veterans and webgen animators
>Nice soundtrack
>Good premise

Boom 10/10 anime.

The creators, rather than pander to some specific easy weeb market or adapting some preexisting work just did what they wanted and had fun. And as a result, so did we.
Art was top notch and a visual treat.
Music was fantastic and good outside the context of the anime.
Writing was zany, often unpredictable and sometimes even emotional.
It was truly dandy.
Anyone else reminded a little of excel saga?

It's just so dandy. And in space, no less.

watch it through to the end
its worth it

I watched the first episode a few days ago and was bored the entire time

i dropped season 1 at episode 6. It was really childish and stupid. I dont see what all the hype was about...

idiot, its not fanservice if the director intended boobs and butt from the outset

watch season 1 finale faggot

Nah, Its just not my kind of show.

S2 is generally believed to be better than S1.

I didn't like the show's ending, but it's been a while since I watched the second cour so I may just need a rewatch.

Favorite episodes?

I think the alien Loli in season 1 is a classic. Almost impossible to not enjoy that episode.

the one with the race that turned into a mindfuck

I think that episode was the most universally well received episode in the show. My favorite episode is probably the ramen one. It's funny, it's flashy, it's got great action, but it wraps up with a pleasant, touching finish. It's everything that's great about Space Dandy. The other ones I love are the plant world episode and the munagi fishing ones, both of which are departures from the dandy formula, and take big risks that pay off handily.

Calendar bullying.

>I think that episode was the most universally well received episode in the show
Limbo wants to have a word with you

It's shit.

Kill yourself.

Great argument, fagtron; you sure convinced me with those hot onions.

The season one ep with the doggo and the space surfing. It also had my favorite song from the series too.

youtube.com/watch?v=RXB26d8qcN4

This episode is probably the most perfect one of the show.

It isn't

Each episode had something to pander to practically all of those fags mentioned though.

Hello L-eddit, how did your tea party with Sup Forums go?

I would like you to point wich episodes you are talking about

It was fun, we also watched One Punch Man and Re Zero

Loli and plants for moe, scarlet and dead planet for waifu.

Space Dandy is reminiscent of the shows that got me into anime in the first place. Everything, from the writing, the animation, the music, the voice acting, it all just meshes perfectly, like the stars just aligned one day and the perfect team was assembled for one project.

The one where he dies and meets Poe, I think that's the one

>That Limbo episode
Anime is truly an artform

Fuck I can hear this dude's voice just by looking a the picture.