How often do seiyuu actually remember the shows they worked on? Not counting big roles like Luffy or Goku's of course

How often do seiyuu actually remember the shows they worked on? Not counting big roles like Luffy or Goku's of course.

I like to imagine an autist fan going up to a seiyuu and saying "Do the thing from x!!" but they don't remember what it is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fs3bXmPVy-U
seiyuu.kakkokari.net/course/income/
careergarden.jp/seiyuu/salary/
breadmasterlee.com/2012/08/30/terashima-takuma-in-ijime-connect/
youtube.com/watch?v=6675cXycTDw
pastebin.com/EvntSeCV
youtube.com/watch?v=tNoN4oPPMnM
youtube.com/watch?v=0MUhYxDmYtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Not being fan of seiyuu with few roles.

Seiyuus neither know nor care about the anime they're working on. They learn enough for marketing purposes around the time of the show's airing, but take no further interest in it. They're not otaku. They go in, get handed a script, decide which of their three slightly different voices they'll use because none of them have any range, and then they read the lines out.

>only doing it for the paycheck

i hate those guys that see this line of work only as a means to make a quick buck

I don't think they remember all the projects they worked on, only the most recent and the big ones.

t. Girlish Number fan

What I'm wondering, does anyone have any examples of this?

I want to live in a world where seiyuus don't matter and animators are the real well-paid stars of the show.

What I gathered from watching Tokyo Encounter is that Nakamura forgets about most of his roles while Sugita remembers most of his and is a seiyuu otaku.

>Hanakana at the recording booth

youtube.com/watch?v=Fs3bXmPVy-U

Sugita's memory is amazing his vidya knowledge is ridiculous.

>animators
I would rather say the writers / creators of the source material

What, you want your chinese cartoons to sound flat and monotonous?

They both get paid peanuts for voice acting and animating, you stupid fucker. It's the extra jobs that seiyuu do that allows them to make more money than animators and why people idolize them. Do you want animators to sing and dance, go to events, host radio shows, and do commercials all while they draw for several hours? Do you want your precious animators get killed because of overwork?

[citation needed]

ayy lmao

You're right that singing and appearances are important, but popular seiyuu do get paid more for their voice acting work too.
Yes. the other shit helps push them to popularity, but if they get there, the voice acting money isn't peanuts.

Suneo seiyuu gives speech act when Giant seiyuu died.

>he thinks some shlog should get more money for shitting out scripts last minute than the people who actually spend the most time and effort to actually bring the ideas into existence

Nana proved you wrong even in this year.

Some seiyuu don't even meet the other cast right? But fans expect them to be great friends.

>seiyuu worship
Disgusting. I could do better voice acting than most of them anyway, including little girls parts. It's the animators, music and visual directors, and writers who deserve all the praise. But because they aren't (not) cute females no one gives a shit. Fuck you, take this shit back to /jp/.

I think most seiyuu record together.

t. butthurt inbetweener who couldn't become a real animator

>Seiyuu shaming

Sup Forums is truly dead.

>Some seiyuu don't even meet the other cast right?
That's only how it works in America.
In Japan, the voice actors record their parts together.

Good animators tend to be promoted to higher paying jobs as well, eg animation director.

Sound directors are fucking absurdly well paid though.

seiyuu.kakkokari.net/course/income/
careergarden.jp/seiyuu/salary/

Absolute noobs can earn around 1.8 million yen per year while the most popular can earn at most 3x as much. Assuming this is all voice work only in anime and they are cast as regulars and they voice in 10 anime per year.

>I could do better voice acting than most of them anyway, including little girls parts.
No you can't and your voice acting will be garbage like any English dub. I've seen native Japanese speakers fail at voice acting and if you think a stupid gaijin like you could do a better job than native speakers, you're delusional and ignorant.

animators are not cute

Please vocaroo it.

They usually record together in anime or drama CDs. It's games where they usually don't record together.

>Do people who go through multiple rounds of auditions and spend dozens of hours in recording studios and probably similar amounts if not more practicing the script over a period of months all while promoting the show publicly remember the experience?

Actors in general are very passionate about what they do, and while I'm sure there are some seiyuu who do it as a stepping stone into other related careers, I think you would be surprised how much people care about their work.

I wanna turn a young animator into a single mum!

Never forget.

I'm sure if they had fun they'd remember, though I mean asking somebody like Koyasu if he remembers a small role he did isn't a good idea since he's been in so many shows.

Made me drop Kokoro Connect

Depends on their personality. Some can remember a lot of their roles if they have passion for everything they've done.

Too bad the bullies are still active and still gets jobs.

Some years ago I asked Halko Momoi about a cover of Happy Material she did and how it came to be and she remembered the production process and stuff, I think it's just a question of caring and how forgettable the stuff they do ends up being.

That being said, I hope Ueda Reina never forgets about Bakuon.

If Tiffany Grant, a western VA, became attached to Asuka and collect a bunch of crap of her, imagine Japanese VAs who are far closer to the production line.

A lot of them must not care, you can see the fakeness in many of them, but they are not fucking robots incapable of feeling emotions.

I mean, I work with marketing, one of the most mercenary works around, and yet I know plenty of people who get attached to projects they participated in.

Unlike him, they're actually great at voice acting.

clearly you need to send more dick pics.

it just wasn't enough.

First Komatsu Tokyo Encounter got subbed, didn't know she had braces. I like her voice

she's a real qt.

She has nice hair. Also a nice ear

she has great hair, yes

Do you like crazy Yuu?

since that incident, kanemoto gives me a massive boner though. i don't even care about the kid that got bullied, but i want to hatefuck her bad.

I was actually kind of surprised that Aoi still remembered the Cantonese lyrics for Hero Story to heart. And that what's a long time after she was done working on that show.
But yeah, Hayami and Aoi do remember old roles. They talk a lot about those in radio.

fuck off aoifag

>they're actually great at voice acting.
You mean great at sucking dick, right?

Who bullies him?

not being a weeb here, but japanese voice actors (even the bad ones) are trained professionals, specifically in the voice department, whereas non-japanese voice actors mostly just kinda stumbled into the jobs. i am absolutely positive there is miles of dick being sucked in the japanese entertainment industry, but there still is a real difference in quality.

Terashima and Kanemoto. There was an incident back when Kokoro Connect was airing. Go look it up.

breadmasterlee.com/2012/08/30/terashima-takuma-in-ijime-connect/

Hisako Kanemoto and Takuma Terashima

God dang bullies................ No good.

Gi(a)rlish Number reminded Sup Forums that real people are narcissists.

How could they think this would be funny?

Terashima aside. Kanemoto is a very technical voice actress. Her voice range is limited, but her acting range is very wide. She's no Chiwa Saito that can literally do anything but Kanemoto is very good at what she do.

In hindsight, years after the bullying, it was pretty funny.

This is the first I'm hearing about it and I'm bootymad as fuck.

There was also the time he got bullied during the blazblue centralfiction stream. [spolier]he genuinely does a lot better than I'd expect out of a voice actor, apparently actually plays the game[/spoiler]
youtube.com/watch?v=6675cXycTDw

pastebin.com/EvntSeCV

>A few moments later;
>Ichiki: The people I just cannot stand are Terashima Takuma and- (low frequency shock) ooowwww
>Kanemoto: (laughing) Chief! Chief, come back! (he fell to the side out of pain)

every fucking time

I imagine that it's par for the course to remember out of occupational obligation like if they have to do a movie or sequel in the future. But the ones who have a passion for it will remember everything.

How often do you actually remember the tasks you did at work? Not counting big projects of course.

I like to imagine an autist coworker going up to you and saying "Do the thing from x!!" but you don't remember what it is

Considering they go through hundreds of auditions, remembering the few ones they manage to pass is probably pretty easy, especially after spending several months at recordings and the next few months promoting/following the finished material.

That calculation was for doing 10 episodes of anime each month, which would mean 2,5 episodes every week, ie. more than 2 regular shows with a character that appears every episode. To keep that number up every single season is fucking impossible for "absolute noob"; the site even says right afterwards that in the whole industry there are probably only around 10% who fulfill those specs.

i 100% do not believe they're all friends. there's entirely too many seiyuu for the work available, and the more prominent ones snatch up the lead roles all the time. there must be so much fighting and bad blood behind the scenes :3

While this might be true, some seiyuu truly care about the anime they are working on and are actual otaku.

she will make a fine baby momma

When and how did the pregnancy rumor start?

when she went on medical leave to give birth

This

He remembers some but most are forgotten
I don't blame him, he gets several roles every season

>when he got angry at kirino playing that fighting game

A co-cast in Utawarerumono also went on hiatus for health reasons.

!!!!!!!

you seem to be mistaking them with western VAs who are just in it to syphon as much money out of a show as they can

Let me hear it.

*tips fedora*

Here's a cute picture of Naobou, because why not?

>He can do a better voice than Saori Hayami.

Come on user we're all waiting.

youtube.com/watch?v=tNoN4oPPMnM

i like you naobro, you're not an obnoxious cunt like a certain other faggot in these threads

youtube.com/watch?v=0MUhYxDmYtk

Maybe not anime but generally everyone usually remembers their video game roles.

People like Hikaru Midorikawa remember a role they grunted a few sounds and lines for a video game some 10 years and are still waiting to be called back for new lines.
Although that may be just him.

It's been so long since the Kokoro Connect incident happened. Ichiki is in a better position now, he has 2 main roles this season

>going up to a seiyuu and saying "Do the thing from x!!"
I asked exactly this, except much more politely, and in jap, to my waifu's seiyuu when she visited as a guest at a local convention. It was easily the role she's most known for amongst the few of us that do know her, so she didn't forget what it was. She asked what my name was so she could say the line as if she was talking to me. It was surreal.

A lot of people have made some butthurt replies to your post, but you're right. Sure, a handful of VAs may care about one or two of their roles, but by the end of the day a job is still a job.

You're also right about a lack of range, or perhaps it'd be more accurate to say the presence of "voice stereotypes". It's not uncommon for me to think two characters have the same VA only to discover they're different VAs, purely because they fit the same "voice stereotype". The calm and quiet girl, the tsundere, the oblivious protagonist etc. There's as little variation in voices as there is in archetypes.

But of course their otaku followers would never accept this. VAs are almost like idols (and some of them ARE idols) so they need to put up a good front for their audience. So, as you said, they learn enough about the show/characters for marketing purposes and one or two interviews.

And before someone gets mad, let's be realistic here: some of the industry veterans have 100+ characters to their name. You don't believe they remember or care about every single one, do you?

There was an Ai Kakuma interview where they asked her about working with seiyuu from competing agencies where she pretty much said they're too busy trying to do a good job to worry about those things. Anime staff are too interchangeable for being a bitch to be a good long term career move, they can always hire someone more cooperative.

If you regularly conflate voices solely based on archetypes then you just aren't good with details

someone asked asa-nee about her hentai role when she hosted a convention panel. mad disrespect but i wish i had been there to witness it

The source material for my waifu is an eroge but there's no way I'd ask her to say anything lewd. It was really cute how she seemed a little worried when I mentioned the character, not knowing what line I was going to ask her to say.
Funnily enough, Asa-nee is in the the same eroge with her.

gotcha it's majikoi

The minor seiyuu probably remember all their rolls because they don't have as many. But for huge A-listers they probably can't keep track of every single seasonal anime they've done. Same goes for the B-listers who get assigned as background and side characters in everything.

Nah. I won't tell you the exact game/character, but I can tell you that the game isn't translated and you'll find it pretty quick going down the median score rankings list on erogamescape, so if you really want to find it you can go look there.