I've just watched Code Geass for this first time

I've just watched Code Geass for this first time.

Pretty incredible. I think it's only the second time an anime has made me shed a tear. Was there a shit storm on Sup Forums when it first aired? If so, anyone have any screencaps?

Code Geass thread I guess.

Fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S65S1Ze-bJo
youtube.com/watch?v=U3vMp3lIpp4
youtube.com/watch?v=o8LPK6nh0rU
youtube.com/watch?v=hIOVvMdC0H0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>being brought to tears by garbage
Pathetic.

I've got a soft spot for redemotion arcs, sue me. Though it wasn't so much that as it was when Nunally suddenly realized Lelouche's reasoning at the end

CC best girl

Just in time for the Code Geass 10th Anniversary event next weekend, where it looks increasingly like they're gonna announce a new Geass anime.

world end or colors?

Almost a decade late. But glad you watched it. I watched it alone in 2011 and loved it. Too bad Agito is pure shit.
>Tears
Agree, but I know girls that cried at the ending.

I wasn't on this site back then. But CG was the first anime I watched start to finish and what really got me into anime in general. It's a great series.

JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOO

I really hope is not an adpatation of the shitty edo sci-fi bs spinoff.

I watched it last year for the first time.

I mean, the narrative was among the most stupid things I've ever seen, but it was entertaining in an 'amusingly bad' sort of way.

Must've been great to watch while it was airing.

Dozo:
youtube.com/watch?v=S65S1Ze-bJo

>Captcha: malta Cornelia

Why on earth would it be? There'd be no point in advertising the Akito and Oz casts alongside the original series cast if that ere the case.

Plus, I don't think Sunrise would do that. No mecha to milk.

Thing is, despite how many flaws Code Geass has, especially considering R2, I still fucking love it. It has a ton of heart and energy. It's one of the most enjoyable shows out there in my opinion.

It sucks, and you're gay.

Newfag first trainwreck with noodle persons.

You're not?
Pft, what a faggot.

>Was there a shit storm on Sup Forums when it first aired?
Every week, if not every day. It was an age where "keep it in one thread" wasn't a thing yet, so it swept the board all the time.

This isn't from when it aired, but you can have it.

>Thing is, despite how many flaws Code Geass has, especially considering R2, I still fucking love it. It has a ton of heart and energy. It's one of the most enjoyable shows out there in my opinion.
Exactly this.

So anyone here ever had the Code Geass feel again with a new show? By that I mean, you look so fucking forward to it, everything else is a blur. I mean, several good shows have aired from now and then, but none that have me riled up so much I just need to watch the second episode as fast as possible.

don't let the trolls get to you, i cried the first time and have teared up on each subsequent watch. this shit is a goddamn masterpiece.

ALL HAIL LELOUCH
ALL HAIL LELOUCH
ALL HAIL LELOUCH

It's because of those tracks being used with the right timing. Writing is indeed garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=U3vMp3lIpp4
youtube.com/watch?v=o8LPK6nh0rU

i'm afraid i'll always be chasing the code geass dragon with new anime

my biggest fear is that nothing will ever match up to it

>Was there a shit storm on Sup Forums when it first aired?
Yes.

It rekindled my enthusiasm for anime after slogging through Kiba and passively dropping El Cazador out of ennui. Made me remember how it felt to be ENGAGED by a show.

Aquarion Evol.

Maybe Symphogear.

Sword Art Online S2.

Code Geass may not be my favorite anime, but it's the best one

Code Geass is a masterpiece and only shit eaters disagree.

Honestly, I think most of them are the people who just use the word trainwreck to fit in, and think that its inherently a negative.

I actually didn't care by the time the end rolls around, way to much garbage in between the main storyline.

>meme character
>best anything

Also they put all of the actual fun stuff in the specials.

Code Geass created such a shitstorm that the entire board was all Code Geass threads 24/7 while it was airing

IMOUTITS

She was certainly best ass.

Have to bless creayus for their commitment.

just R2

Why are there two Hime-samas in this image?

It's not even a question. I've basically never seen a criticism of CG that amounted to more than "le trainwreck so bad it's le good chode gayass".

I wish I was here to see the threads when this episode aired.

SEKAI SAE MO

Wasn't an R2 level shitstorm but that is unrelated to the quality of the show youtube.com/watch?v=hIOVvMdC0H0

>Retarded MC and Shit girl won
>Meh Mahou Shoujo
>MAL Users top ten
Fucking kill yourself.

Then you never looked for it because if you had you would have found mountains of substantiated negative criticism. CG is full of plot holes and asspulls.

Found CG 4 years after it aired, was so sure there were plenty of great and fun shows like that lying around, how wrong I was.

reminder that kaguya is best girl

>Retarded MC and Shit girl won
Still a damn fun ride while it lasted. Personally I don't regret a minute of it.

>plot holes
Like?

I would put it in "Shit Sup Forums tries to make into the Code Geass, but ultimately fails". People should stop doing it, only leads to disappointment. Recent example being Re:Zero. As soon as it was over, nobody gave a flying fuck about it and outed it as garbage.

Like genius tactician MC needing years to figure out the be my slave command witch in itself circumvents one order per person rule. Plotholeception.

He was rarely in a situation where he needed someone he geassed to perform more than a single task. Not to mention he always had a conscience and felt bad about using his geass, especially on people close to him.
That said, there are not many straight up plot holes in the show because they just came up with random asspulled reasons for stuff.

You're retarded. Lelouch didn't want to turn people into perma slaves because of his conscience/pride until the final episodes where he went full madman because he wanted to become the greatest evil and then kill himself. Even though he did pretty evil things deep down he was ultimately a good person.

Hey guys, remember me?

sure I do Taro Shekelburg

blacked

why people hate Ohgi?

>Fucked a girl without any memories = Basically pseudo rape
>Fucked over Zero before you even can say traitor, just because of reveal that means nothing in the grand scheme of things, and is coming from the number one enemey
>Got the best ending, interracial married couple with nothing bad even though the guy have betrayed the MC, killed thousand of people and been a general dick overall

oy vey

>2nd time an anime has made me shed a tear
Is this your second anime? What was your first?

>with nothing bad
>WAH, WHY THERE IS NO KARMA JUSTICE REEEEE
fuck you fag, just because he killed so many people doesn't mean something HAS to happen to him

>Pretty incredible.
>made me shed a tear
Pick one.

>>Meh Mahou Shoujo
>implying SHIMPHOGEEAAAAAH wasn't fun as fuck
Take that dick out of your ass boy

About to play Lost Colors for the 1st time.

Who's route should I go through first?

TEAM DEATHMATCH

Suzaku

And I hate him because nothing bad happen to him. Fuck you too fag.

I am glad you enjoy Macbeth version japan

colors ALWAYS.

keeping it in one thread shouldn't be a thing on here, because that kind of thinking leads to general threads and the concept of board zeitgeist disappears

Creayus is a God and CC is undoubtedly best girl, the others don't even compare.

>tfw C.C still has pizza ass in a non-canon spin-off.
>tfw you will never see her in official Britannian wear.

user, please, stop arguing over the internet.
Come, I've got the dinner ready for you.

user, I know you're lying.
Unless you're underagre of something because seriously, I only cried from Geass because I was a teenager at the time.

Watched it for the second time recently, and I didn't cry at all.

But I will say, it's still as good as it was back then.

Im 22. Theres a difference between crying and shedding a tear id like to think

SUZAK!!

>Ask a question
>Get answers
>Sperg out
I bet he was your fav faggot.

Kallen and Lelouch route are the best ones. So just save them for the end.

There are like two or at most three scenes in the show that I can see people almost crying for, if they're into the characters affected, but honestly...I had already seen a ton of other anime before watching Code Geass so for me this was definitely not the first time at all.

Tracks help, but the better parts of the writing helped too. Otherwise, he wouldn't care enough for the tracks to have any effect in the first place.

Number one enemy was Charles though and Zero had treated them pretty poorly too, nor did he try to explain stuff, so the betrayal wasn't that one-sided.

Half the criticisms are at least partially justified, the other half are just foolish. Like those who want the MC to be perfect in his decisions and not have any emotional baggage at all, despite being no older than 18.

Narrative was over-the-top as hell but it was done that way to be entertaining, period, rather than being an accident. It also could be pretty good at times too.

That's unlikely. It's going to be something different or else they wouldn't bother.