Sup Forums btfo!

Black men are given harsher prison terms than white men convicted of the same crime, new study finds

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5094207/Black-men-given-harsher-prison-terms-white-men.html

>dailymail

fantastic argument

Yeah because criminal history has no effect on a sentence.
>1 post by this ID thread incoming

Well, you have to make a good example out of niggers.

As they should be.

It's a well known fact that niggers are slower learners.

Repeat offenders get harsher sentences.

That's because White men can afford better lawyers and actually know how to behave in court.

Criminal history
Can't afford private lawyers

Pretty easy to explain desu.

>New study finds.

I'd say you're right in the first part of your post: people with more money afford better legal representation.

Hell, OJ spent millions of dollars on lawyers and he got away with two murders.

It's more based on wealth than skin color.

Second time/Multi offenders typically receive harsher sentences.

Blacks also are the highest multi offenders. Any questions?

Came here to post this.
/thread

Good

They sate that the disparity cannot be explained by prior criminal history.

Black men are repeat offenders

So then you have to wonder what percentage of violent offenders in each race killed without remorse. If more blacks commit violent crimes without caring at all for the victim, then the harsher sentencing would be completely justified.

(((((New study finds))))

One would think all of that example setting would have changed their behaviors by now. Talk about slow learners.

However, in a just society under the rule of law where each person is equal under the law, sentences should be applied on a case by case basis. This is not to say that I don't agree with you however, I'm just pointing out the argument. I think that sentences should be applied looking at factors such as race and religion so long as certain groups continue to commit a disproportionate amount of crime. That is not the current law, however.

>niggers do crime
>its the hwuite mans fault!!

pottery.

I was referring to what statistic to look for. If more blacks show a lack of remorse for their actions, obviously as a whole, they will get harsher sentences.

Well normally you punish a repeat offender harder

>repeat offenders
>good/bad behaviour
/thread

under-rated

Aggravating circumstances

Plea bargaining involves trading what to sentence for how long and what to not press in exchange for guilty plea.

Poor people cant afford as good lawyers as rich people.

Black people in aggregate are poorer then white people.

So black people in aggregate getting harsher sentences can be explained through economics.

They’re more likely to be repeat offenders, and are more like to piss of the jury by being rude and obnoxious during the trial.

>not controlling for past crimes
>not controlling for behavior in prison
sage this liberal bullshit
everytime

They say that but it can. Also multiple infractions. For the same crime my ass.

When Johnny Tryhard in whitopia gets sentenced for selling weed, he gets hit for possession, intent to sell, selling, what have you.

When Jamal Szechuan in nignogia gets sentenced for weed, he gets possession, intent, selling, plus gang activity, firearms, 5kilos of coke, priors, etc etc.

>Get the fuck off me! Ain't even do nuffin! *starts running*
Woah, I guess judges don't like that? Nah it must be racism

I've argued against this thread 5 times now, and I'm getting extremely efficient at it.
>architect.jpg
It comes down to the following factors, none of which are to do with race:
>repeat offenders are punished harsher - blacks commit more crime and hence more likely to be repeat offenders.
>behaviour in court - since they are dumber they tend to behave worse in court, hence more likely to piss off the judge.
>wealth to afford good lawyers (blacks are dumber, hence tend to be poorer, hence can't afford top lawyers like whites can).
sage in all fields plz.

From the creators of "Women earn less money for the same work" came "Niggers get more prison time for the same crime".

I don't believe either of those

These are all good points to raise, and should be raised and stated when they say that the differences cannot be explained by prior history alone.

>Circumstances of individual cases not included
Headline should read "Black men commit more heinous crimes than white men, new study finds"

Which is 100% subjective.
I state the disparity can be explained by prior criminal history.

But blacks commit more crimes.

>Spend the entire time in court being belligerent
>spend your entire time in jail leading up to the court date fighting guards and other inmates
>too broke to afford bail or a decent lawyer

>THE SYSTEM IS RACYSS

This.
Niggers get harsher sentences due to the fact that they're usually on fucking felony probation and whatnot when they eventually do get locked up.
That has EVERYTHING to do with it.
And I'm willing to bet they're bullshitting on a portion of this "study"
I'm willing to bet they're adding up all of the time for all of the charges and just stating hurr durr he got 22 years for armed robbery or some dumb shit.
When in reality he stole a car, pistol whipped the clerk and muh dicked the underage slurpie machine after giving it crack cocaine.

Each theft is identical
Each assault is identical
Each GBH is identical
Every crime is identical

Women do get lighter sentences for same crime. Thats true.

Nogs do not, in fact they get less time for the same crimes. The disparity is because when a nog gets arrested and charged they wont just have a charge relating to the crime, they will get other relating to them being violent morons. So a theft charge with other violent crime charges will get more time cos they dun more crime.

I have not looked at article but I did look at the stats for the USA and the UK writing my thesis, i went in thinking it was true about blacks getting more time for same crime, came out understanding it

women generally get less time cos they have kids btw, but the halo effect is very real for pretty girls

what circumstances lead to the judgment on degree of the prison penalty?

quality of lawyer?
previous crimes?
remorse of criminal?
conduct in court?
gang affiliations?

a lot of this is money and social class, not racist judges.
of course they will cry systemic racism, but other than stealing bread or violence in self defense, i don't know what crime is debatable.

>Jamal's been busted 12 times for possession
>"It just can't be explained"

The difference is that the crimes perpetrated by blacks are often far more violent and senseless than the ones committed by whites, even if the technical terms they use to define their crimes are the same.

Clearly it's time for the niggers to leave.

Men get harsher sentences than women but I doubt you will ever want that changed.

Black people are treated worse by the justice system, that is a fact that Sup Forums does not want to admit.
However, men are also treated a lot worse than women are. And that's something that most lefties, especially feminists, won't admit.

Gee if only that were a variable that can easily be adjusted for.
You're also ignoring that the criminal history is itself affected by racism (and sexism) since white women can get away with warnings for the same thing that a black man would get charged for

but it's not just for violent crimes. Or are you saying that black people are punished more harshly because they are less remorseful for smoking a joint?

Because they often have a prior history of crime.

are they repeat offenders?

>What is recidivism?
- the post -

thats because they all have priors on their records. GUARANTEE they just look at a particular crime on a 1:1 ratio and do not factor in any previous charges. i guarantee it

Jesus Fucking Christ is Sup Forums literally the dumbest community on the internet? You fucking retards THEY ADJUSTED FOR PRIOR CRIMINAL HISTORY IN THESE STUDIES

>MUH GUARANTEE
I guarantee that you are a complete fucking idiot who can barely tie his own shoes. I guarantee it

>These disparities were observed “after controlling for a wide variety of sentencing factors,” including age, education, citizenship, weapon possession and prior criminal history.

REMINDER
Whenever sociologists are confronted by the works of behavioural psychologists on racial intelligence that show blacks are less intelligent than whites on racially neutral tests like raven's progressive matrices, they claim that there are hidden variables which are culturally/socially derived which account for the difference and cannot be explained by such crude statistical analysis

BUT
when you control for those exact same variables to look at how blacks are sentenced to longer prison terms on discretionary judgement by judges and juries, suddenly you can preclude the existence of hidden variables that might explain the discrepancy like differing cultural attitudes of respect towards the judicial process, contrition, personal responsibility, family support, etc.

instead its PROOF OF INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM XDDDD

>it's another "Sup Forums proves that they are literally retarded and uses this retardation to justify their racism" thread
Thanks, it's the only reason I come here

>White men plead guilty and get lesser sentences

>Black men refuse to accept guilt and get higher sentences

This is what the report actually says.....

>African-Americans are incarcerated at a rate of more than five times that of white Americans

That's irrelevant. As usual, they misrepresent the facts to give the impression that blacks are being locked up everywhere for NO REASON other than white racism/oppression. This is really becoming a huge problem. Under Obama they were already practicing "catch & release" a lot with violent black criminals (still are) and now they're trying to make it so that blacks don't even get punished (and kept away from innocents) for their evil at all.

Where's your argument though?

>Researchers: We controlled for prior criminal history
>Sup Forumstards: YEAH BUT THEY DIDN"T CONTROL FOR PRIOR CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECKMATE!!!
What the fuck do you think the "argument" is you illiterate retard?

No, literal nigger, we're used to these same bullshit arguments. There's an anti-white/pro-black agenda in this country, if you hadn't noticed. That's the only reason this shit is being put out. It's a lie. It always is.

>We controlled for prior criminal history
As these anons pointed out, it's subjective:
Especially that last one, it really btfo of your stupidity.
Just gonna ignore those ones and pretend they don't exist?

Is that corrected for multiple offenses? Kind of like a frequent flier program for thugs.

Correct answer/sauce?

Obviously RPM but what test?

OKay let's go through them you fucking retard
>Black people who smoke weed are so much more violent and senseless than white people smoking weed
Any evidence that the black thefts, drug possessions, etc are worse? Or just a racist hunch you've got?
>even though the researchers accounted for prior criminal history and even though the gap persists in whites/blacks with zero criminal history I'm going to say it's because of prior criminal history with literally nothing to support my retarded view
....but you're arguing against yourself now. This study only talks about the fact that black people get longer sentences than white people FOR THE SAME CHARGES. But as this Sup Forumstard helpfully pointed out, an additional issue is black people receiving stacked charges for the same actions.

Any more retarded statements you want to throw out to prove what a giant fucking retard you are or can we all agree that you're functionally illiterate and incapable of rational thought?
I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU IDIOTS????

The editor was on TV the other night and said Britain voted to leave the EU because it was sick of having to foot the bill for 'tinpot little countries like Lithuania' at the same time as they flooded the UK with their lowest classes
Sounded cool

>implaying thats a bad thing

>>Black people who smoke weed are so much more violent and senseless than white people smoking weed
The study isn't based solely on people who smoke weed though?
Why am I even arguing with you, you are a nigger, lol. We should make that illegal and lock you up, to be honest.

one possible reason is because they're repeat offenders...

Don't forget to control for courtroom behavior as well. Once you do this, the disparity is ~3%.

>thank you based alt hype

i've sat on the jury for both a white and black defendant. the white guy was wearing a suit, appeared remorseful, and respected the judge and court. the black guy wore jeans hanging off his ass, slouched in his chair the whole time, and sucked his teeth every time the judge spoke to him. this kind of behavior affects both judge and jury decisions. my race is a fucking embarrassment.

you know black cock is easy to get in america you don't need to shill for it here

I thought harsher sentencing was due to previous criminal history

They're adjusting for future potential.

>the same crime.

Because crimes often happen in the exact same circumstances

The study controls for that I think. Though I don't think it controls for court-room behavior like this guy said

>Black men are given harsher prison terms than white men convicted of the same crime, new study finds
What is repeat offender?

lol good

this. also what about the follow up study as far as returning inmates. if whites serve a prison term and get released, how many relapse v. blacks. hmmm..

First of all, the study could have any old methodology. We have no idea how they balanced the numbers. For all we know, these scientists could be funded by some leftist college that wants a certain result. Basically what I'm saying is that numbers could very easily be manipulated.

Secondly, the 'same crime' could be very different between person to person. First degree murder varies significantly from case to case. So just because the're convicted of the same crime doesn't mean the crimes they committed were truly equal.

The burden of proof is on you nigger, if some "new study" is based off compelling evidence, than the NAACP should sue the govt and win.

Unfortunately there is likely no real evidence of systematic institutional racism. Because that shit is illegal.

Correlation doesn't equal causation.

I can't find any mention of "repeat offence" or variants of that phrase in the study. Why?

How many times we go through this? By and large, niggers have less money, and can afford lesser defense attorneys. Fucking idiots.

I also found this
>These analyses show that some differences exist, and describe the relative size of those differences, in the periods in which the differences were observed. However, the fact that certain sentencing outcomes may be correlated with demographic factors does not mean that the demographic factors caused the outcome. Therefore, the demographic differences in sentencing outcomes revealed by these analyses should not be interpreted as a finding that demographic factors caused those differences. Neither can the analyses presented in this report be used to explain why the observed differences in sentencing outcomes exist.
and this
>Because multivariate regression analysis cannot control for all of the factors that judges may consider, the results of the analyses presented in this report should be interpreted with caution and should not be taken to suggest discrimination on the part of judges. Multivariate analysis cannot explain why the observed differences in sentencing outcomes exist, but only that they do exist.

>A "racist hunch"

Holy subhuman Batman!

Fact is, multiple externalities were not controlled for in this study. The quant design is shit. Hence why it is in the DailyFail and nowhere else. So, the only real conclusion you can draw from this is that you are a very very large faggot. Now Fuckoff.

do you hate the daily mail because it actually reports your fellow niggers and paki's acting like total savage baboons?

Awesome unbiased study, completely fails to mention recividism rate

How many priors did the niggers have on average compared to the whites?

Anyone have that one thing written by a defensive attorney about his experiences with niggers?

The one about how they have absolutely no remorse, take no responsibility for their actions,openly mock victim's families in court, and basically show judges absolutely no redeeming qualities that could reduce their prison sentence.

This is the closest I could find

>In 2002, the Commission created a datafile which took a 25% random sample of cases sentenced in fiscal year 2000. This datafile looked more closely at [an] offender’s criminal conduct, including detailed information on the type of criminal history the offender had. Using this data (the Intensive Study Sample 2000, or ISS2000), it was found that 24.4% of white offenders had violent criminal history events, as did 43.7% of Black offenders, 18.9% of Hispanic offenders, and 23.7% of ‘other’ offenders

They all have the same priors?

Just like the "wage gap", I'm surreeee they took everything into account, like previous crimes committed.

that's because of priors, stupid OP shill. not really hard to figure out. doesn't mean "muh racism"

If liberals had the ability to learn they wouldn't be liberal. Ten years from now they will be spamming this shit thinking it's new.

I know the one you mean, I'll have a look for it.

there are so many reasons a judge sentences a person. priors are one big factor. another is whether or not the person has a family to support. another is whether or not they are respectful or disrespectful in court. another is aggravating factors, or the actual harm and damage the perp caused. so many factors and studies like these usually leave out a few key significant ones in order to rig up the results they want

some of these can be almost impossible to know about too

for example, with the infamous "cocaine sentencing disparity", that's a real thing. but why? it's because in the 80s black drug dealers were ruining neighborhoods by selling so much cocaine, so BLACK LEADERS lobbied the government for harsher penalties for these groups, including the possession charges, and they complied.

fast forward now and the left uses this stat as "proof of muh racism" while conveniently leaving out the real reason why in its talking points.

for all i know this "study" you cite was conducted in the same districts, or districts with a similar history

also in truth ghetto people are usually embroiled in a shitload of more crime than just the crimes they get caught for. so you end up with sort of a "al capone in jail for tax evasion" scenario, where the sentence isn't just about one crime, but about all of the shit everyone knows they do. maybe you say that's "wrong", but whatever, it's not racist.

the thing about this is that even if OP's study takes into account the priors (not sure if it does), you need to look at this on a district by district basis. there are obvious reasons why crimes are sentenced more harshly in, say, harlem new york, than they are in some fairly peaceful suburb. it's a matter of keeping public peace and ultimately necessary.

sooooooooooo with studies like these its always bad methodology. and OP's who cite them are always either 1) fooled by bad methodology or 2) themselves bad actors trying to spread a narrative they know is false

white people can afford good attorney. MORE IMPORTANTLY we cooperate with our legal counsel, unlike niggers that think their own attorney is a narc snitch etc.

don't act like a nigger and spend less time in prison. stupid fucking niggers

Black people are a lot less likely to get their shit together or show remorse in court.

it's actually a similar flaw in logic to the famous "wage gap myth". wherein they take ALL of the money from ALL of the people and compare them, without regarding other factors. here they take ALL of the people from ALL over the country, and compare them, without regarding any of the specific reasons why certain districts might require harsher sentencing guidelines. it's just dishonest activist research and it hurts us all