She won!

She won!
She motherfucking won!!
The childhood friend,older sister type, non obvious first love interest won!
She was the monster/Yokai competing with principal(read boring and normal) human girl and the other ounmiyouji girl, she was older than MC, was almost allways the one to show she liked him since the begining, and yet she won.
Best girl won.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaLxj92jptc
youtube.com/watch?v=7xfk8gJxLWA
youtube.com/watch?v=Syz1h3-scxk
youtu.be/WzwCiXzQXyU?t=34s
youtube.com/watch?v=P1Eo0GfNTBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best opening.
youtube.com/watch?v=XaLxj92jptc

Yura was the best choice for glorous nippon damashii. Tsurara can rape the 4th heir.

Was it axed?
The author answered all the questions, but ending the great fight in 3 chapters felt kind of rushed.

he rushed it yes

I forgot why its been so long but he said he got to finish it a bit like he planned

that plus all the omakes that followed up wrapped up the story very nicely, which is more than most axed series can say

Is this manga good? I wanted to pick it up years ago but never got round to it.

Did they ever address the implication that the original human personality was being overwritten and ultimately killed by the youkai personality?

Sometimes it happens. See: Hentai Kamen, where the sexy chinese girl beat out the plain conservative "main girl".

good manga

last volume was rushed but it was not entirely bad plus the omakes tried to close up any plotholes left

The 2 personalities ended up becoming the same, he just became more cocky when he transforms, remembering everything that happens in his night and day form, he would sometimes just transfomr and keep talking like nothing happened before realising he bacame taller because "ah, it's night already."

noice

I think it was because he wanted to spend time with his newborn son.

Yeah I was extremely happy at that end. Mainly because I wrote off Tsurara as never winning from chapter 1=

It also created some great situations with Kana(human girl) being all dere and stupid(not in a bad way, think doujikko) in front of the night form while being just friends with daytime Nura, Yura(ounmiyouji) thinking foundly of day nura as a friend and being pissed off by the cocky new form although knowing perfectly it's the same person she can depend on, and of course Tsurara Loving both of them and allways trying to protect him under both forms.

Yep, one of the best endings and pairing ever. I didn't think it would happen tbqh but it did.

It's great how the ending was so perfect almost nobody complained about it.

>Kana(human girl)
>dere and stupid
You don't like her that much, eh OP?

so was the curse is lifted?

The fox and Rihan said so.
Best human Ryuuji was still alive and kicking in the Omake, and Nura seems like he's going to marry Yuki Onna.

> Ryuuji
the father or grandfather? man I need to reread this one day.

The Ounmiyouji guy who allways used tricks and kept lying through his teeth to any opponent he had so could defeat them and be smug about it.
He was Yura's big brother and the head family's son, the curse hit the Keikein too, making all the men born in the principal family die young.

>defeat them and be smug about it.

>"I'm gonna attack you from right"
>"lol no, it was left"
>"this time from left"
>"lol no, guess from where"
>"yup, from above. Now I'm gonna use my strongest technique to attack you relelntlessly for 3 minutes, if you surveve these 3 minutes, it's your win"
>"Haha fuck you! I just needed 3 minutes to draw my barrier"
That guy was redpilled as fuck.

>Karasu Tengu in the back being ok with Rikuo plowing his daughter or any girl in the clan as long as he gets a heir
>even his wife

Is he drunk or something?

Drunk on power.

Almost perfect. They could have actually kissed when they were trapped in the classroom. That would have made it perfect

What a waste. It got popular only because of picrelated and when she was mad unpure and got tossed out from the cast every hype for the series got extinguished pretty fast.

Kekkaishi was better

Proper scans never

Nah, Nurarhyon had better art and a more charismatic cast.

>a more charismatic cast.
Yeah. I remember most of the cast from Nurarihyon than Kekkaishi.
I should really get around to finishing both series though.

and a way more satisfying ending.kekkaishi ending was more "well all loose ends are tied up now, bye"

The story was complete shit that derived into standard shounenlike boredom and due to the massive cast none of the characters had barly any progression at all, some of them like the no neck youkai going into "i'm a murdered lol" with no backstory or real meaning and it ended in one fight. It's a One Piece with youkais, nothing more

Kekkaishi went more Seinen that got boring with bureocracy and politics but at least it had good progression, character development and the fights actually felt like climaxes instead of random encounters (Nuranyhon was pretty much pairing similar types in villain-goood guy fights). The entire progression of the MC from a good for nothing into a reliable strong guy is similar to Elric Fullmetal

Both series remind me of the other even though they aren't that similar though

Yes.. the plot was resolved, so it ended. What were you wishing would happen?

I kinda liked that part. Wasn't very polished but still.

>Both series remind me of the other even though they aren't that similar though
Maybe because they were both the unconventional series at the time?

Woah. Picked the fuck up.

>like the no neck youkai going into "i'm a murdered lol" with no backstory or real meaning and it ended in one fight
You didn't read the manga, did you?
Because in the anime it's not explained, but in the manga we get some 2 or 3 chapters for his story :
He was allways stealing money from the rich people to give it to the poor à la robin hood, he went often to see a courtesan/prostitue who was allways scared he might someday get caught and beheaded. His friends/nakama/accomplices got caught and tourmented, then tortured by youkai until their death. Kubinashi then goes on a rampage and becomes himself a youkai hunting the people who killed his friends for revenge.

Same for Kurotabou, Aotabou, Tsurara, Ounmyouji guys, Nura pa and grandpa, as well as some other charachters, all of them got their backstory revealed.

I actually read the manga and didn't watch the anime, I don't even think the anime even reached that far.

It's 2-3 episodes (I think it's actually far less than that) for what should be a somewhat important sidekick. What I mean by it is that the "backstory" starts in the fight and ends in the fight, I don't remember it being mentioned before and it totally isn't mentioned afterwards, so it completely looks like a pointless backstory to justify a powerup, it has no real meaning or weight behind it

It's that nonexistent depth that made the story bad, really shallow stories that don't connect with each other and are never mentioned again (like the supposed bar where the youkais hang out)

Same sort as Katekyo Hitman Reborn, "lol the rings makes you stronger, lol the boxes makes you stronger, lol the flames" and so on.

Maybe it was because the series was going to get axed or the author didn't actually want to go far deeper so it devolved into a standard shounenlike boredom

I thought the point of the story was not to explain a power-up(he didn't get any power-up, he was just fighting alone and found it easier for dealing with small fry) and more about explaining the reason he fought, as his whole charachter was about the duty he gave himself because of his debt to the second. He never really fought in the front lines and was allways eighter in the back of the hyakki trying to assist Rikuo or in the main house protecting Rikuo's mother, not because someone ordered him to do so, but because he wanted to protect the people dear to Rihan, exactly because he felt so endebted to him(and not to his son)
It's given even more importance at the next chapters.
If you're looking for a real sidekick, you have Kuroutabou with some 10 chapters to explain his backstory, Yuki onna, Zen, Hiihi's son, Yura and so on.
Kubinashi was not in his attack squad, he a different kind of role.

If you're angry about power-ups, you should have choosen Aotabou, but his skulls were allways here since chap1.

> his skulls
It was the orphanage kids' bones.
Fuck, he was supposed to be the funny guy ;_;

Also, fuck you for reminding me.

Tsurara won?

I have a few hundred chapters of reading to do.

You can just read the last Omake chapter if you want.
I recomend reading the whole story as it brings a nice closure to a great story.

It was glorious.

>It was the orphanage kids' bones.
Seriously!?
Maan, I didn't realise that, now I feel really stupid.

>Chuunibyou for Youkais means to hate youkais and thinking of yourself as human
This makes me smile.

More like an implied victory.

But I guess it's better than nothing.

HEAVILY implied victory in the 10 last page of the whole serealisation.

Hagoromo Gitsune was the one putting the curse on them and by the end of the manga she became Hagomama chill-sune, so I guess she lifted it.

No way. Nurahyon was good, but Kekkaishi is a league above it.

MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOUR DICK

Just finished the anime last week. Glad to hear Rikuo ended up with best girl.
Any chance of a third season?

Not really.

It's dead, jim. Read the manga if you want to ever know how the story ends. You get to see more of Best human boy Ryuuji and second best human boy Kyoutsugu.
Also, Kurotabou's story is great.

I've never heard of this manga. What is wrong with her eyes?

She's Yokai.

She's a q.t.

OP1 is the best

youtube.com/watch?v=7xfk8gJxLWA

I'm complaining about it. It's bullshit that the author caved in to all these Tsurara fags.

S2's first OP was even better

youtube.com/watch?v=Syz1h3-scxk

Damn, Hiroshi was great at drawing girls.

Nothing?

Author was a Tsurarafag himself, like 80% of the world. 15% were Yurafags.
Ienaga was absent for more than 3 quarters of the story, so she became almost irrelevant.

The author only caved in when the fags started bearing down on him. Else why would Kana have mattered so much on the one-shot and in the beginning?

I knew it was going to be Tsurara like 2/3rds into the manga, and this was back when it was weekly.

Still doesn't stop author from being a faggot. Now look what happened, his series is dead. It's just like the Nanoha franchise which caved in to the y/u/rifags and now it's fucking dead.

Author decided to stop the serialisation despite the series being very popular at the time'it had to do with his family and health), and now after a long pause, he started making new works(there was a new 1-shot) and it seems like he loose his hand and still loves ink paintings like before, judging by them.

Ienaga was important at first, but so were Tsurara and Yura.

your tears are delicious

>he loose
Didn't* loose his hand.

Winning is in her blood.

Tsurara was the best choice, they were close to begin with and they needed some youkai blood back in the bloodline.

>Winning is in her blood
>Posts picture of her mother who didn't win the Nurarhyon or the Nura Rihan

I'm butthurt over Nanoha too but I'm fine with this.

Are you crazy?
If Nue taught us something, it's that Youkai and exorcists shouldn't mix, especialy those 2, unless you want to bring forth the apocalypse.

She's the most popular character in the series by far, and the only reason most people even start reading the manga in the first place. They'd have to be crazy, or Kubo not to make her win.

Yeah, the math is perfect, their kid(s) will be 5/8 youkai, it seems like it's better than having some 1/8 youkai kid that can transform for less than 3 hours a day(let's not talk about the consequences of being possesed at 87%)

I never read this. I think I tried a couple times but kept dropping it.

But a thread here got me re-reading Kenichi, so maybe I'll try reading this for my next older battle shounen.

>Those eyes
>That hair
>That snow white skin
>that personality
youtu.be/WzwCiXzQXyU?t=34s
>That backstory
youtube.com/watch?v=P1Eo0GfNTBw
>she even spent her childhood helping with housework and raising Rikuo
She's just perfect.

Kubo's move was not that crazy if you read the one-shot and was keeping up with the manga.

I've wondered if their child would be more Nurarihyonish with the hair and disappearing fear or more yuki onna?

The nura blood is strong, so I'm guessing their child would be more Nurarhyonish with the head and disappearing fear but with some yuki onna features like the eyes or hair color.
I think the fear would be the same as Rihan and Rikuo's, but maybe with the ice element added, " a presence so strong it freezes your blood and makes you want to look away" kind of thing?

No love for Yura? I would post a picture but apparently all my pictures are of Tsurara.

kek

I have some in my headpats and bullying folder.

She's also great, not as great as Tsurara, but she's also great.

>no doujins
>ever

What are you talking about?
I found 10 or so of them just by looking for "Nura" in some doujin website.

Yeah, I liked her a lot too, there was just an even better girl than her.

I really loved the art, manga was good too. Shame that the author next manga was axed (didnt liked that much anyway but is sad for him), when is he going to do another one?

Nura storytime when?

End was pretty boring though, worst part is that the mc brother have a better and more fun/interesting plotline. Still better manga overall but nura end is at least way better.

Most popular and best girl won in the most popular and best Youkai/ounmiyouji managa.
The yin and the yang are perfectly aligned.

Yeah, especialy the MC, he's one of the greatest thing the manga had.
Let's not talk about the end, the girls, the story and the fights. I wonder why that user even tried to compare.

Rihan>old fart>=Rikuo

Rikuo and Tsurara's son >=*

Best girl won? Time to read it?
Which chapter did the anime end?

Nurarihyon no Mago will always be one of the most painful "wasted potential" series for me.

The art was excellent; the setting was excellent; the characters (the Yokai side and exorsists anyways) were excellent; the villans started out pretty fucking well and its "Fear" battle mechanic was really fucking cool

Its just such a big fucking shame that the series lost all steam after the Kyoto arc. It got better at the end but the damage was already done.

Though Tsurara winning was one of the best ends in the history of Weekly Shonen Jump.

Too much time since i watched the anime but you should read the whole thing, art is great anyway and anime cut some parts.

I consider it.

Tsurara is just perfection.

This thread better not be a huge samefag fest because people not making a fuss about a clear pairing at the end of a manga almost never happens here.
Nurarihyon is ok in my book, and I might consider reading the manga if you people say it was so good.

Tsurara won man, what else can we ask for?

But her mother lost the Nurarhiyon-bowl and missed out on a chance to ss his son.

By the way is Tsurara some sort of asexual yokai creation or did she have a father?

Tell me about crazy eyes, why does she look manic?

demon

The intense cold of her heart fucks with her eyes.