Death Note

Will he do a good job?

Yes.

Unless the job revolves around killing other negroes or stealing bikes, no.

WE WUZ DETECTIVZ AN SHIT

>Nigger stopping a man from killing criminals around the world.

And they say black people don't look after their own.

he was cool in Atlanta

Don't know how that matters for this though

I'll laugh my ass off if he's actually the decoy that dies in front of the public but we know that won't happen

Looks like a thug

Why not Jim Carrey or Johnny Depp? Black people would work better as the shinigami.

Its fine. L died in the anime as well.

He wasn't the first to die through.

HE'S BLACK , GUYS! THAT'S THE JOKE!

Also i thought Death Note was entry level, like Nurutu. You fags care about this and know who the characters are. Funny that.

>smart
>pale as fuck
>kinda autistic
>socially awkward
>shitty stature
>cast a fit and good looking black guy
for what purpose

He will be great i guess, but it all depends on the script and the overall writing of the movie. If those two things suck then even the most L looking guy couldnt save it.

> good looking
Seriously?
I don't really find him handsome.

Trump go back to Sup Forums

I wouldn't know maybe you should ask

Seriously, he's not good looking.
Look at his face.

This is real? Haah what were they thinking?

It's set in America for this movie, not Japan.

They are adapting it, it's not set in Japan anyway.

Japan takes American stuff all the time and changes the races of the characters.

Wow, the two look exactly alike. I am impressed at Hollywood's casting decisions yet again.

Wasn't L a Brit?

I think he was a European or something, but it really doesn't matter.
It's an adaptation.

Yeah and Light was Japanese, not a white guy.

The setting's been completely changed.

Anti-racism is just a code for anti-white.

who cares? death note was never that good and the adaptation will likely be worse

as the whole of I can confirm he is not attractive

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.

This movie is set in the US where 13% of the population is black. If we randomly assigned a race to the roles in this movie there would be a significant chance that one of the major characters would be black.

So you hate black people?

kill yourself

So you do hate black people, good to know.

I think he will if he has a good script, he's a good actor.

But we all know the script will be all kinds of retarded

>black people
>not fugly
t.nigger

>nigger L
>No Zac Effron Light
NO, it'll be trash. I don't even want to hear of it.

>Doesn't want a black guy as L
>Fine with a (particular) white guy playing Light

Don't you see a bit of hypocrisy in your post?

This got way more 'darker' then I hoped for the thread to be.

>who cares? death note was never that good and the adaptation will likely be worse
Death Note is one of the best selling anime, manga and jap live action franchises ever.
It is universally praised by everyone who is not an autistic twat.

Fuck off if you honestly think sales figures equates quality. Even if it did, Berserk is one of the best selling and critically regarded manga and just got completely shit on by Japan themselves so the US can do what they want at this point.

Zac Effron was perfect for the role back in the day and unlike most other vapid Hollywood cunts, he has read and loves the source material.

Yes.

It's not that good. The writers think they're cleverer than they really are

Is he the magical negro from the book?

There is not enough time in a movie to tell the story or go between the conflict and thinking ten steps ahead that the manga/anime cover.

>Even if it did, Berserk is one of the best selling and critically regarded manga
Not really. It has been slipping for the last 7 years and has less sales per volume than fucking Rokudenashi Blues. It hasn't even crossed 50 mill in what 30 years now?

cool didn't know that, then let's just say critically regarded, my point still stands

Sure, I can agree with that. But couldn't L's actor be the same?

He doesn't even look like L.

I was actually thinking of this when I saw the pic of him at the podium. Not outside the realm of possibility, it looks like more or less the same scene.

I love them as much as they love white people.

If this movie was about ensuring that everyone looked the part it would be filmed with an entire Japanese cast.

If we're going by that then Zac Effron is just as poor a match as Light by the virtue of not being Japanese.

When I heard that they're Edge of Tomorrowing I became hyped. Taking the concepts and changing the settings and at least some aspects of the mythology. Maybe changing Shinigami to Demon and having some occultism thrown in there.

I'm looking forward to his portrayal of L.

He kindof is, though.

So case by case? Individual by individual?

I think he was actually supposed to be mixed or something, but it doesnt really matter considering they wont have a cast of japanese people chilling in america.

>If this movie was about ensuring that everyone looked the part it would be filmed with an entire Japanese cast.
A lot of the cast isn't Japanese though.

I find him handsome, I think he'll do great.

I'd agree with you save for the fact that this is a more teen oriented movie. Those just suck in general.

How will he get the hair for the role?

He'll just get a big old afro and have twigs and candy and shit in it.

this wont work. alot of L charm came from pale skin and dark circle eyes with black hair and white shirt contrast.

I find it hysterical that they turned the only actual white dude in the original (first half anyway) Japanese while changing everyone else.

That said, his movie history doesn't give me hopes for how the portrayal will go. L was a weird as shit twitchy autistic genius and I can't see any of his lines coming out of this dude's mouth.

They're obviously rewriting everything, but I have the feeling he's only going to be L in name and role as opposed to anything like the original whatsoever.

Are you referring to the movie or the original work or both?

Death note is one of the best manga/anime of all time. You can say what you want and not like it, but its one of the most critically acclaimed manga/anime for hardcore fans and newcomers alike.

>L was a weird as shit twitchy autistic genius and I can't see any of his lines coming out of this dude's mouth.

This. It strikes me odd that so many people are angry that he's black instead of the fact that the character is completely different.

I'm actually looking forward to his performance. Maybe he'll surprise us all.

This is actually not a bad idea.
You should sell your idea to the producers.

Really? If anything what made him charming to me were his quirks more than anything else. Never cared about his appearance.

It should have been pic related.

original. Everyone to do with Watari's organization is from the West.

>the character is completely different.
But you don't know that yet.

>hear his voice without seeing his face
>he's obviously black based on his voice
>nobody in the movie acknowledges this fact

WE WUZ DETECTIVEZ N SHIEET

>Will he do a good job?
L being a nigger made everything worst.
Fuck Hollywood for their niggerization, first is capeshit now anime.

Nope. Neither would an Asian or white guy, though.

Fuck off with this jew propaganda bullshit.

There have been black superheroes since forever. Additionally, in what way is L being black a detriment to the story?

If anything this is the most realistic attempt considering the entire movie is being set in America with American characters.

Agreed. An aboriginal would make a perfect L.

Even fucking historical figures are not safe.

He looks very intelligent and inquisitive like L, I think this will be pretty good. Hype levels are rising

chapelle

>in what way is L being black a detriment to the story?
It's not, just let Sup Forumstards sperg in peace.

"Honor student" won't make sense in USA. American honor students aren't as isolated as the ones in Japan. They'll have to find another reason that Light's parents don't pay attention to him.

Eeeeh, he looks a bit too, "elegant", could be the word? Or mature?

Can't see him pulling off L's quirkiness and autism as well, which means they're gonna probably gonna be rewriting the character somewhat.

>set in America
>America is full of niggers
>even their president currently is a nigger
>suprised at a nigger L

This is what happens when you let niggers run your nation

I don't see why they just don't do more historical documentaries on pre-colonial Africa history. There's a lot of interesting stuff that that can be covered while at the same time putting some diversity on screen.

>Forgetting that they just make him out to be some edgy teenager that goes on to rant about how they don't understand him and his ideologies.

Jewish globalism meme.

>Disney Channel presents Death Note never happened

>Can't see him pulling off L's quirkiness and autism as well, which means they're gonna probably gonna be rewriting the character somewhat.

Good.

There were alot of things that pissed me off about L and how he allowed himself to die.

>There have been black superheroes since forever
Original nigger superheroes are okay.

>Additionally, in what way is L being black a detriment to the story?
Live actions are supposed to make fictional characters alive. None will be 100% accurate but at least try to be visually similar with the characters. If they want to shove niggers so bad they should've created an original character instead.

Fuck you and this netflix bullshit.

>Niggers only running the country for a little over a month left.

I would have wished for this only to have L in kingdom hearts.

>L's quirkiness
That ruined what it means to be an autist in real life. Also, go and watch him acting in Atlanta as Darius.

African history is not interesting as Europe and Asia's. That's why they keep shoving niggers in.

Quick, say that to Sweden before it's too lat-

Too bad this won't remove all the fucking niggers in America

I think so, at least N have now a reason to stop Light for killing criminals.

There's Egypt and the stories of the old city states.

>Black Hannibal
How will cucks defend this one?

How is a white guy being Light any more visually similar than a black guy being L?

white people and asians look pretty damn different.

What about the Nok civilization and the Zulu? There's a lot of interesting history there to name just a few. I remember hearing stories about that growing up in Africa. It was great stuff.

Besides, if you don't want black people engaging in historical revisionism you should at least give them an alternative.

I'm talking about subsaharan Africa and you know it.