Explain to me, why does Sup Forums love Shirobako so much?

Explain to me, why does Sup Forums love Shirobako so much?

I tried it when it first aired, and I was so bored I dropped it midway through the 3rd episode. Give me one good reason why I should give it a second chance.

Do you enjoy bullying red heads?

just watch paranoia agent episode 10

not really no.

I want to fug all the grills in shirobako

The explanation is clear to everyone. You're a crossboarding fag with no taste.

Back to your Flip Flappers thread with you.

YAY DONUT GANG 4 LYFE HAHA

Any anime with female characters is SHIT
I haven't enjoyed anime since Kaiji ended

is that monthly salary or yearly? because it looks ridiculously high for monthly, and ridiculously low for yearly.

annual. did you even read the words or just look at the numbers

It's okay user, not everybody has to enjoy the same things

Just watch the shows you like :)

>Annual Income Revised

What does annual mean, user?

right, I feel stupid.

in my defense, I did read the fine print below and didnt see the answer there.

how the hell do people live on those sums of money? Are you trying to tell me that I, fresh out of uni, earn almost as much as an executive producer

how the fuck does a part timer make almost the same as a full time production assistant?

Since it's a picture of Zuka, I'm going to assume some dick sucking is involved

Those are some pretty shitty wages

This makes no fucking sense.
The tradeoff Nips make for their low salaries is cradle to grave security a position in a respectable company offers.

Anime doesn't have that? Why is this so low? How can they even eat? This isn't the third world they have real living expenses that are not cheap and in some cases, like Tokyo, world famous for being expensive.

(You) try too hard to fit in

lol I trool u #baite

>fresh out of Uni
>making 70k a year
I don't think so.

If you're an animator in Japan, yeah.

Why is Yano so scary?

60K and yeah, I do make that money fresh out of uni. I did have a student job in the field previously for experience, and I did graduated a prestigious uni with good grades which definitely boosted my income, I know I am earning very high salary for a newly graduated worker, but still - the guys at my work who have 3+ years experience earn more than this "Executive" to say nothing of the executives.

>Cute legal age girls doing cute things.anime

Why is Misa ahead of Aoi?

How bout I give you no good reasons.

Wow Rinko-han makes more than Kantoku

Because computers are a form of skilled labor that you have to train for.

Anyone can be a producer if they have the right personality.

But she makes less and it looks like the chart is supposed to be sorted by wage.

You guys like donuts or what?

Anime's wages are low and all, particularly for the bottom rungs, but I'm going to bet you're in a lucrative business not really worth comparing to niche cartoons in the first place.

I really liked the show but I can never understand why it gets so much praise it gets.
It's literally just sol with cute girls creating anime.
I know that's all we need to watch something but still.
Erika a cute.

You just have shit taste, OP.

>It's literally just sol with cute girls creating anime.
nailed it right there. that's a formula for greatness.

Also posting cutest girl

yes, I do work in a very lucrative industry. but still its amazing to me this disparity. how the hell does someone at executive levels earn so little? what how the hell are those in the lower levels even pay rent? Those animators are making less than minimum wage! (~12K annual here, and its nearly impossible to live here with that money) how do they even afford basic things like food and shelter?

>tfw still have loads of goth-loli sama images from the threads but rarely get to use them anymore.

Have a rare Rinko.

Added to the collection

I'll hand you a better res of that one too.

>implying Diesel-chan wasn't best girl

The way she said Oi-chan-senpai was the best thing.

It's for people that are interested in anime as an industry, as it breaks down a lot of what goes into making an anime. It's also structured very well and has a lot of great payoffs later on in the show. Add in cameos/references from like, every important real life person in the anime industry and tons of meta anime history jokes, it's very enriched in otaku culture. Also cute girls.

Getting into blogshit territory, it's literally the story of my life as a professional artist and I empathize with the characters so much, it's basically an anime about me.

>It's for people that are interested in anime as an industry
No, it's really not. That's a minor part of the enjoyment at most.
> Add in cameos/references from like, every important real life person in the anime industry
Either there were dozens of background cameos I didn't notice, or you know very little about the anime industry.

> Kaiji
What males? Crying like little girls cry babies

>No, it's really not. That's a minor part of the enjoyment at most.
Speak for yourself then, because just following Aoi throughout her day interacting with industry people and watching them play out the creative process had me excited every episode. That's very much a personal thing and it doesn't appeal to everyone or even most people, but it really hits home with me considering my own work.
>Either there were dozens of background cameos I didn't notice, or you know very little about the anime industry.
You're right, I exaggerated quite a bit there, but there were still a lot. You can look it up for yourself, but a lot of the minor cast has at least some tie to real life people, and they add a lot of nice details like basing parody studios off the locations of the real life studios they're parodying and shit like that. Referencing places is pretty common in anime, but it's still a nice touch.

Cause it's faster than initial d

Never forget

Don't watch it if you don't enjoy it.

The fuck, I didn't know Canaan was a Philipino.

You know it.

Why is she so beautiful?

Incidentally, the guy on the right, who was always causing trouble for the studio in that episode, was voiced by the same guy who voiced Tarou in Shirobako.

She isn't. She's from a conveniently unknown mideast country.

Dude who made that graph just wanted a brown girl.

>I want to fug all the grills in shirobako
Me too.

Shirobako is definitely in my top 10, but I have to admit that I kept getting triggered by the lack of noses.

Just don't watch it then

It's a good show, and you should watch it.
If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Salaries like that is what you get from 25+ years of flat inflation.

hipster faggots, shitobako was mediocre. Best part is that idiots actually the believe the industry is like that shit show depicted it.

Please enlighten us on the anime industry then, I'm sure you know a lot more about it than people who make anime for a living telling a story about making anime.

>why does Sup Forums love Shirobako so much?
Because most of Sup Forums doesn't have shit taste approaching your level.

>It's literally just sol with cute girls creating anime.
First, slice of life isn't a genre, your retarded is showing. Shirobako is a dramedy.

Second, it gets praise because it's incredibly well paced, directed, designed and animated, and to top it all off it's a beautiful and heartfelt loveletter to the medium. The reason Shirobako is truly great is because of how it serves as a self-portrait for the show's creators. The thematic goal of the show isn't to accurately illustrate how the anime industry works, or to be funny, or to have cute girls, or to make you feel things, it's to communicate why these people (the characters in the show and the creators of the show) have such passion for their work, why they love it despite the many, many hardships, and the show accomplishes this beautifully. If you can't appreciate this, then you're just tone deaf.

>Give me one good reason why I should give it a second chance.
How about because go fuck yourself.

Aoi-chan wouldn't like foreign guys.

Hell, I think there was an entire episode dedicated to the different characters answering why they chose their line of work.

If I had to name one thing I disliked about it, was how Aoi's own reason didn't feel that developed towards the end. She spends a good amount of the show pondering why she wants to work in the anime industry, and by the end of the second half, when she gets some alone time and starts to think it through (there's that scene with the bear that tells her now is the time to climb up and see things from a height), all she comes up with is "I want to make anime".

I understand, it doesn't have to be more meaningful or insightful than that. It's a story about a highschool anime club that eventually, through their own means, end up working to make anime together. She gets to work with her friends doing what they all like, but I was still left with a sense of "That's it? That's all you have to say for yourself after all you've been through?"

I still love her. Oi-chan best bako

Me and Oi-chan.

>special shampoo

pick one

Just come back to it when you get tired of superpowers that doesn't make sense, master plans that go nowhere, wasted fantasy worlds, and all that shit that you're watching right now.

You'll love it by then

SAMPLE
Easily Diesel

Holy shit Aoi and Misa have insane bodies.

I would say the show resonates more for me because of this.

There's not some great storybook reason that she loves her work, no dramatic moral to the story, because those things, more often than not, don't actually exist in real life. I think that's the whole point of her character arc. The whole time she's trying to come up with some rational, logical reason for why she's doing this, but at the end of the day there isn't one, it's just gratifying for her individually. Personally, I think this is a very important message because it reflects a greater truth. Society teaches us that all people should hunt for some great calling, some great meaning, but that is only so much bullshit. She ends up realizing that happiness is to live in the present, to just do what makes you happy, regardless of whether you completely understand it, and in this realization she is liberated.

>People that dislike shirobko actually exist
This is truly a scary world.

>agreeing with a tripfag

What a strange picture, they included that boy side character and gave him tits for some reason.

yeah i agree with you
Sup Forums should only like masterpieces such as re zero
there is no place for other anime here

Diesel=Oi>Zuka>Ema

What about Mii-senpai?

Who?

Aoi always felt like the weakest character to me. As much as I enjoyed her antics in the moment she honestly just didn't have that much depth as a person. Quite frankly not a whole lot of characters did, but it wasn't that big of a deal because there were so many of them and attention was usually spread out among them (sometimes being spread too thin and "main" characters like Misa often not appearing for several episodes at a time).

I still love the show for it's atmosphere, hectic pacing, and overall character, it's just that Aoi got so much attention personally that her plainness was much more apparent. In a roundabout way I guess it's possible to argue that plain people often do exist in real life too so maybe it's not that big of a deal but those were just what my initial thoughts were.

I guess the part-timers don't have the same advantages, like the company paying for health insurance, transports, meals. I don't know if this is a thing in the anime industry but I think it's pretty common in japanese companies.
So the position as a production assistant is still more interesting (probably).

It isn't that expensive actually if you don't live in Tokyo itself but in its periphery. Then the rents aren't that high and the only really expensive thing is the transportation. And usually your commuting fees will be payed by the company you work for.

I want to massage Andou's legs.

The show certainly didn't have deep characterization, but I felt like it was effective. Aoi, as the protagonist, is the endearing but mostly just normal so that we as the audience can relate to her. It's a standard archetypal protagonist. The story is about her traveling through the world of the show meeting wacky characters, and she is our rock as we go on this journey with her. She's not super interesting on her own, though I did find her journey of self-discovery compelling. She is usually playing the straight man, or our emotional arbiter, illustrating for us how we are supposed to react to events.

In general I felt the cast had very strong characterization, though again not deep, it's not like the show was intended to be an intensive character study. Mostly the characters succeed in being distinct and impactful. The sheer number of criss-crossing arcs going on and how clearly they are rendered is almost unprecedented.