Gundam Thunderbolt Season 2

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-17/gundam-thunderbolt-anime-gets-2nd-season-next-spring/.108958
Making Gundam great again.

doesn't the manga go stupid though? well more 4k

Oh fucking hell.

I don't wanna see the fucking dumb ass space buddhist animated. Fuck.

I mean, I get that it's alternate UC, but fuck me man.

FUCK YES!

God praise the Soviet Union.

Fucking loved the OVA. More Royal Teens when?

Fuck Zeon.

Why? I can't even find the season 1.

Yay for more country music.

The only Gundam that didn't give me cancer.

I guess this will become another 4k production?

So who are the bad guys?

Federation or Zeon?

Both.

How soon before they reach the really retarded parts of the manga?

Of course Zeon. Killing like 3 billion or more people in less than a year is something that the Federation cannot topple, even if they had colonies full of baby-rape farms.
And it wouldn't surprise me if Zeon already had bigger and more grandiose baby-rape farms.
Because whatever evil thing the Federation might be capable of, Zeon always does it even worse and more brutal.

>So who are the bad guys?
>Federation or Zeon?
In UN, humanity as a whole. What happened is that for some bizarre reason, the UC universe just kept fighting the same war over and over, for almost an eternity, until humanity got knocked back into Mad Max level desperation and people start eating each other to survive. All because Sunrise couldn't let them have a different war.

Flemming is the MC we need, but not the one we deserve.

It's an on and off war for 30 years.

Fuck
Yes

The Feds are the good guys, least that's what I got from watching Thunderbolt.

Shame about the captain lady. Hot piece of arse Flemming will no longer get.

That's amazing news

>It's an on and off war for 30 years.
It shouldn't even be possible for the war to last that long without CHANGING to a different war. And yet, UC is stuck with Space WW2 running on repeat.

Yes, we have wars in real life that are a consequences of wars that came before, but at least there are ideological and methodology changes. UC is stuck with the same war with minor differences.

>It shouldn't even be possible for the war to last that long
should've listened to your teacher in History instead of playing on your gameboy

>It's the Earth Arc

It's shit famalam.

Just give us the Atlas MG Bandai.

>I will be forced to look at that atrocious Gundam design again
Literally looked more childish than the megazord in Powerrangers.

>should've listened to your teacher in History instead of playing on your gameboy
Then you completely missed the point of my post. But I guess that is normal for someone who thinks it is proper to play games during class.

>le contrarian

Just admit you're tsun for Sexual Thunderbolt.

>Because whatever evil thing the Federation might be capable of, Zeon always does it even worse and more brutal.
This is what feddies actually believe

>contrarian
There are people who actually liked that blocky as fuck thing? The reason why the show is good is the animation. I cant see anyone with a shred of taste being favor of that Gundam design.

There are both good guys.

Go back to SEED, Hirai, your rice racer "Gundams" look like ass compared to the rugged classics.

Yeah, he forgot to tell you to read the current newspaper as well since we still have that shit happening RIGHT NOW. It's always funny seeing idiots like you complain about things due to their own ignorance. Stop shifting the goalpost, your initial post was bullshit.

>Implying blocky=bad

Why do you post webms with a focus on the shows animation quality? Just further elaborates how much better this should could be if it wasnt for the 90s level powerranger mechs.

Feddies and their gay GM's do not comapre to the cool boy Zeons and their zaku's.

But why? First one was a prety self contained story.

Because you want me to, even if you don't admit it to yourself. I'm a vegan, I can see your inner mind.

Only seen G-reco, IBO and this.

What's this suppose to signify?

It's the Zeong from the original Gundam series which you should watch. Though to be precise it's the mass produced Zeong which is one of the things that makes Thunderbolt an alternate timeline UC because in the main UC continuity they never got to mass produce them.

Meanwhile Johnny Ridden shill not getting anime.

still*

Ridden, Matsunaga, so many Zeon aces, and what does Sunshit do? Tell Char's asinine story AGAIN. Talk about being some chickenshits, the kit sales on a Ridden-centric UC series would have bankrolled the next Gundam series alone, but those mewling clods are terrifed no one will care about UC unless Char Aznable is somehow in the picture, even if they pull a shitty Unicorn clone game to make it happen. Disgusting.

Watch the original and find out.

Series or movies?

Series. The movies skipped a bit too much.

Watch the TV show then watch the last movie.

Cheers.

>potential to succ
>12 ep = spread budget
It might be shit so no high hopes for me. The series would be fine with just those 4 episodes.

>I will be forced to look at that atrocious Gundam design again

>SEED

Actually you are right, the FAG and Psycho Zaku wouldn't look out of place in the CE with those ridiculous backpacks.

Wait, it's a full serie?
Fuck yes. I would have been fine with 4 shorts again too but this is fantastic

What's the best subs of December Sky?

Did the drug addict commander chick die at the end? She wasn't shown in the ending scene like all the other main characters.

Is it? I thought it was regular UC. Is it stated to be Alternate UC or is it another case of fans crying "It doesn't fit so it's alternate"?

I find it to be a great design. Just not a good Gundam one.

Her second in command shot her before the ship exploded. How could you miss that?

>watching a series made for old people

Will the soundtrack be able to compete with season 1?

Thunderbolt S1 had one of the best OST's in years.

>inb4 retards won't like it, "because it's too olschool" , just like with SEED/ SEED D

SEED D wasn't old school, it was shit, or rather it became absolute shit after a certain point because the start still had promise.

I dunno, I found Ridden's manga to be COMPLETELY incomprehensible. This isn't to say it's bad, I'm just saying that I've read it forward and backward and I still don't understand what's going on.

I hope you know that the man who did the bulk of the gundam designs from CE was Okawara. Hirai was the sameface character designer.

She was shot in one of those regions that characters in movies often survive and her body drifted into space before the ship exploded. With how conveniently the shittier characters survived I don't see why she couldn't be asspulled back into the story. The writers set up for it to be possible anyway.

The space monks were doing battlefield cleanup. They apparently found and saved her somehow and now she's brainwashed by their newtype swag leader.

If you squint and ignore some stuff like the heavy redesigns (and they are redesigns and not variants, same model number and everything) and out of place tech like the e-pack (distinctly different from the E-cap) then it mostly fits. In an interview the author straight up says he got permission to write whatever the hell he wanted without worrying about how well it fit the UC setting and that while writing he changes or adds whatever details he wants with it.

how is thunderbolt old school at all? it's like nothing e lse

FUCK YEAR

as long as we get more of this then im happy

You mean tragedy?

[Spoiler]His scientist waifu woke up from her coma but has mentally regressed to a child like state. She currently has the mind of a 5 year old and has confused Daryl for her dad because of the artificial limbs.

That's pretty sad and also my fetish

> just sitting in the void of space, jackin it

Those Cockpits must smell awful

> that whole Telling the story backwards

Iz dat sum railgun?

maybe

Ridden's manga is basically:
>At the end of oyw the chimera corps was formed of oldtype and augmented human aces as an anti newtype unit.
>Chimera corps had this badass baseship that could design and shit out nrw ms parts within a few days.
>At the end of the war they fucked off and hid the ship while johnny got badly injured covering their escape and wound up with amnesia.
>Years later several major factions are trying to get their hands on the ship both because it is a possible treasure trove of ms tech that has yet to be rediscovered and because it contains a biological superweapon in the form of a plant that can overgrown and spread so aggressively it can quickly render colonies uninhabitable.
>The man favored to be the next EF president feels that all these conflicts in uc are caused by leftover resentment from the early colonists being lower class forced into space.
>He wants the super weapon to pull a reverse cca by forcing everyone back to earth so they can make a fresh start at expanding into space.

Both and neither. In UC, there's no black and white. Just different shades of gray.

Zeon as an organization often has noble goals, they just get fucked over by evil/extremist leaders who do terrible things in the name of said goal or are just using the organization to amass power for themselves.

I know Io is gonna be coming back, but what about Daryl?

Does he get a new Psycho Zaku, or is his story pretty much over?

>pew

Sidelined for now since the secrets to his zaku are stuck in the crazy bitches head

Agreed. Zeon Zum Deikun had very noble goals and wanted to settle things with Earth diplomatically, but the Zabis arranged for his murder to make a martyr of him and start the One Year War in the first place to suit their own power hungry goals.

Neither side is really good or evil, but fuck the Zabis, and fuck the Titans.

forgot my spoilers. good thing it looks out of context. Railguns are neat though

titans dont get enough credit for being dicks. I only just found out about them

>titans dont get enough credit for being dicks.

What? They are known as THE dicks of early UC. They just had sexy uniforms and kickass ms designs.

And why post rezel when discussing titans?

Also, ECOAS is the true bro-tier uc faction.

they just werent talked about enough in the later series is all.

Probably because the gryps war was immediately followed by the neo zeon war which took all the attention and the EF sort of swept the whole titans thing under the rug and ignores it. They also didn't use titans ms much afterwards either and adopted the AEUGs stuff in bigger numbers instead.

Basically the titans were one big embarrassment for the EF that they tried to distance themselves from.

thats probably it then. still havent finished watching Zeta

The thing I'm most worried about is if the plot will make any sense.
Thunderbolt S1 was a hypercondensced adaptation, very little explaining, which isn't really needed when using the One Year War as backdrop. The rest of the manga has an all-new conflict and faction that I don't think can be handled in the same way or with the same quality.

One of the things I like the most about Thunderbolt was it show don't tell approach to the characters motivations and backstories, but I don't know if they can keep that up when moving to a story with more new political information, not just character drama inside a well known conflict.