Syncro was a mistake

Reposting the best duels of the series according to Japanese Jump readers

20th Selection Results

Top 2 duels for each series:

DM:

1. Yugi v Atem (7673 votes)
2. Yugi v Kaiba BC (2975 votes)

GX:

1. Judai v Kronos Grad Duel (4233 votes)
2. Judai v Yugi (3783 votes)

5DS:

1. Yusei v Jack End Duel (4969 votes)
2. Yusei v Aki Fortune Cup (4270 votes)

ZEXAL:

1. Yuma v Astral (3784 votes)
2. Yuma v Vector (2829 votes)

ARC-V:

1. Shun v Sora (3729 votes)
2. Yuya v Sawatari Miami Championship (3325)

Literally all of my favorite duels. DM and GX are especially good.

God, I used to be so hype during the Standards Arc. Yuya/Sawatari again, Yuzu/Masumi, Shun/Sora, Yuya/Gon, that short Gon+Yuzu tag duel thing, the invading forces of Fusion fucking almost everyone up, then ending with that brilliant Yuya/Reiji.

Why did it all go so wrong

I guess this is how the 5D's fans felt after episode 64?

By the way, all series had equal amounts of votes and didn't compete with each other.

When voting for your favorite duel on the V Jump website, you had to vote for 1 duel from each series, or else your vote didn't count. It doesn't indicate whether one series is more popular than another.

So essentiallly Astrograph and Chrono are upgraded versions of timegazer and stargazer.

oem.dek and zarc.dek is getting shitton of support

and they will print cards from the top duels?
well GX and Arc-V got shafted then

They can just do retrains, just like they just did with Gandora.
A Flamewingman retrain would be great. Don't know what they could do for Sora vs Shun.

pretty sure oem can be classified as zarc deck

I love how all the dragons look alike magicians support dark spellcasters.

literally dragon cosplayers
>yfw new nekroz

Thanks to black fang magician, OERD and OERaD are now one step easier to bring out without having to waste too many resources.

I believe a Rise Falcon retrain with the anime effect and some Rank-Up effect will be made.

how?

It's treated as an XYZ dragon type, so you just have to find a way to increase its level to 7.

Its not actually treated as a XYZ monster, the name is just treated as "Xyz dragon" in order to support Zarc.

sorry senpai, it's treated as an "XYZ Dragon" monster as in the name (Dark Rebellion "XYZ Dragon")
it's not treated as the XYZ card type, or a dragon-type monster

>(This card is always treated as an "Xyz Dragon" card.)
"Xyz Dragon" is different than Xyz monster, OERD and Raging both require an Xyz monster as a material to use their effects

is this the same guy on dng who thought that white wing magician would make it easier to summon Crystal Wing since it was treated as a "Synchro Dragon"

Really? Damn, that sucks.

why weren't fluffals Yuri's archetype instead of Sora's?
using fusion to turn cute stuffed animals (like some of the performapals are) into horrying messes (like yuri is "BECAUSE I HAD NO FRIENDS")

And they're a better fusion deck than predaplants

A Chimera retrain would be nice since it's kinda underwhelming for it's requirements.

although they can bring out zarcs dragon

>(1) Once per turn, when a card effect that targets a DARK Spellcaster-Type monster(s) you control resolves, you can negate that effect, then, destroy this card.
>DARK
>Spellcaster

Heck it doesn't even support the deck other than being a tuner source. It fits in OEM though.

>Special Summon on "Supreme King Dragon King Zarc" from your extra deck. (This is treated as a Fusion Summon).

Pendulum Fusion?

Apparently.
I wonder though, is Zrac gonna have a strict condition or can i use poly on the magicians and Dragon's mirror secret tech?

>vfd
How unfortunate

because Yuri is a predator, he hunts down everyone and turns them all into cards

Every thread until this show dies.

Top 10 Worst Rated Episodes on Nico:

1. ARC-V 122 - 6.1%
2. ARC-V 130 - 7.3%
3. BTOOOM 7 - 7.6%
4. ARC-V 121 - 8.8%
5. ARC-V 129 - 9.6%
6. ARC-V 118 - 10.3%
7. ARC-V 127 - 11.8%
8. ARC-V 19 - 13.6%
9. ARC-V 120 - 13.8%
10. ARC-V 123 - 14.6%

All other series had both duels involving the MC.
Yuya only managed to be in one of the duels.
His entire theme that sets him from the other MC's is to showcase the most fun and exciting duels that can be played.

Oh dear.

action cards were a mistake

The ability to enter any ongoing duel was also a mistake.

What can they even print from those top rated duels?

Other than retrains, from the Jack v. Yusei duel there's Mach Synchron, Fake Gardna, Triangle Warrior, Sneek Giant and Star Gatherer.

For Zexal:
Astral's RUM, RDM, and Number supports would further strengthen Utopia decks.
Yuma's Gagaga support would be great too.

So, new archetype, Ruribirds, Serena new monster (best Ruri by the way), Dawn of a Duel, Gongenzaka and Yuto, and Yuya/Zarc monsters, am I missing something else? Relevant that is

For GX there is Take Over Five, Cyclone Wing, Crazy Summon Gear, Desperate Battle, and Unfinished Time Box
Unfinished Time Box would be the most likely out of those to be printed. But they could do some retrain like Elemental Hero Gratitude Flame Wingman

>yfw WRUM Hope Force
>Target 1 "Number 39: Utopia" you control that has 2 or more Xyz Materials; Xyz Summon from your Extra Deck, 2 Xyz Monsters that are 1 or 2 Ranks higher than that monster you control. Then, detach 2 Xyz Materials from that target, and if you do, attach 1 of them to each monster Special Summoned by this effect as an Xyz Material.

The Ruri spammer is back?!

I want to give Professor Chronos a potion that will make him act like a perverted hyper-sexual gay guy who likes to dress in corsets, heels and fishnets,trying to rape his students and even the other male teachers. This would make him get expelled.

Does it appear like there'll be an Xyz Paladin and Fusion Paladin in the Structure Deck or not?

Please rumors, don't be false Extra Deck slots be 4: Fusion Paladin, Fusion Pendulum upgrade, Xyz Paladin, Xyz Pendulum upgrade

Holy shit I never realized how fun Zexal could be. This show has so much more heart and energy than Arc-V.

So, incoming Flame Wingman retrain? I don't thinking Neos played a single part of that duel.

>be me
>love cwsd
>get pic
My D is Diamond

If my memory serves right, Judai used Air Neos and took down Antique Gear Ultimate Golem in a stalemate, which led to Flamewing Man VS Antique Gear Golem.

Where's that user who always posts that dimension dragons deck list? They must be jizzing their pants right now.

>All this new support for magicians
>Still not a single magician that allows fusion summoning

What the fuck?

Shueisha doesn't do promos that aren't monsters.The only exceptions are Embodiment of Aphosis, Exchange of the Spitit and Stronghold the Moving Fortress, and those were over 10 years ago. Monsters only.

Black Fang is buff as fuck

Manga's DRXD and SVFD are Dark Anselion Dragon and Starve Venemy Dragon.

Retarded names but sick designs.

Chinmons

Post images.

If there's one good thing that came out of this shitshow it's that people have a greater appreciation for Zexal now

Level 7

Rank 7

Reiji about to get his ass slapped for a few turns before coming back.

So Yuya summoned them both out already? Are they still the same rank and level as their anime counterparts? Ah, shit, doesn't this mean they'll be in the PP19 and that they're pendulum monsters?

These two manly chindragons come into the club and slap your keikaku on the ass

What do you do?

What do they do?

Zexal was better than 5D's,too and had a cast that wasn't there just to suck Yuma's dick like Yusei's was. Jesus christ I rewatched the Yusei vs Z-ONE duel and literally after every single fucking move Yusei made his friends and the city citizens were talking about how amazing and skilled Yusei was.

>Saving my gif from 1 or 2 threads ago
Good, good goy

But I actually loved Zexal. It is probably my favorite spin-off.
Konami fears Synchros. Not that it matters, since D/D Orthros is a lvl 4 tuner pendulum without those silly restrictions. Then again, Clear Wing Waifu Magician is searcheable and abusable, so I guess that banish restriction is to avoid letting people synchro summon twice the same turn with her

>Ah, shit, doesn't this mean they'll be in the PP19 and that they're pendulum monsters?
I think it might be too late for them to be in PP19. They'll probably be volume promos.

Rage with Apocalypse, Armageddon, Ragnarock, End of the World, One world goverment and other doomsday cards.

I really like Yusei, but having like 80% of the cast admiring and praising him was a bit too much.
I guess Yuma's lack of skills in the beginning were thought with this problem in mind.

Why must the tuner always be the odd one out by having a shitty effect that completely defeats the point of it being a PENDULUM tuner?

Synchros wouldn't be competitive regardless since fusion and xyz decks are already geared to be able to have an endless stream of bosses being summoned with fodder that floats into more bosses/pendulum abuse.

>Top five duels in Arc-V are Shun vs Sora, Yuya vs Sawatari, Yuzu vs Masumi, Lancers vs Obelisk Force, and Yuya vs Meiru

I guess leaving Standard really WAS a mistake

Not just sucking his dick but Yusei was also incredibly bland had very little development and his "giftedness" contrasted with how he grew up felt jarring.

Like how am I supposed to relate to him growing up in slums and being treated like shit when he can build his own D-Wheel, he's super smart, he can talk no dueru anyone and convert them to his side, and he can utilize the power of an ancient deity to create new children's trading cards for him. He makes everyone around him look like useless chumps and that's what I hated most about his portrayal.

Yuya vs Jack was pretty fucking awesome.

Why does it have to banish itself? It's like GXfags within Konami are getting revenge on Ono by making the Tuners have terrible restrictions

>Duel writer who hates duels stopped trying after standard
>Director who doesn't give a fuck about long runners stopped caring after episode 97

It all fits. extending this show was a mistake.

>Be a Synchrofag
>See all this Fusion, Xyz, and Pendulum wanking
Imagine how it must feel to be a Ritualfag

She is a fucking Magician Pendulum which already makes her searchable as fuck with the new support and on top off that she will be abused to summon Supreme King Dragon Zarc. Can you even imagine if she didn't banish herself? We would have Crystal Wing, Zarc and maybe even Trishula in the same field in a single turn

Astrograph?

The fuck is this one?

What did I miss?

and you relate to a retard screaming KATTOBINGU while getting ragdolled like a dark souls corpse every time he takes damage?

All the Dimensional Dragons are getting Oricas and Gijinkas. As surprising as it sounds, Clear Wind is a pop idol and Starving Venom is a dominatrix while Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes are warriors

>Ritualfag
It's fine. I-It doesn't hurt. E-Everything is okayyyy.

You missed quite a lot, V-Jump leaked, go check the Org.

You got nekroz already. If you undo the banlist then they're still the strongest archetype ever made.

How are you going to get out a level 4 synchro for crystal wing, banish all 4 for Zarc, and get out 2 monsters with 5 levels for trish at once? Even if that was possible, it's certainly not practical.

You send xyz material to the graveyard regardless of it being pendulum monster or not.
Fusion (metalfoes especially) on the other hand-

Yuma is pretty flawed character to start with. He doesn't think things through and he's a terrible duelist, but he's very sincere in what he tries to accomplish. He makes efforts to improve himself throughout all of Zexal. KATTOBINGU also isn't some kind of brainwashing philosophy like KIZUNA or EGAO, it's simply his way of saying he's not giving up. Others characters see that and admire him for it which is what motivates them to be better people too.

So there's plenty to like about and relate to Yuma.

Damn Duel Links already got over a million DL in just 24 hours.

So, what does this mean for Odd Eyes Raging and Rebellion Dragons? Nirvana High Paladin is doable, Zarc is definitely doable but thanks to the requirement of having to use an xyz to summon those 2 they are not doable in pendulum magicians.

>Gave xyz extra perks to be competitive with infinite synchro recursion.

>Said recursion never gets made or made so bad its not worth using.

>He doesnt know about Phantom Knights of Possession

Its not a real card ya mook

>He thinks that card's state as anime only will be a permanent thing

1 archetype doesn't mean the mechanic is fixed or has the support that the other methods do

Trump girl is the worst offender.

completely free fusions every single turn you have scales. And it summons an infernity barrier on legs.

I wonder if Takahashi makes commision...

Trump Girl summons every Yuya fusion except Beast and Brave.

It summons Metal Claw, Rune, Vortex and even Starve Venom.

Even Gatling Ghoul once it gets printed.

Is duel links out for everywhere now, then?
last i checked it was only in like australia and japan

There isn't a single generic 2 material sync on vortex's level. Yet we got trump and every pendulm tuner still gets gimped because it might end up being broken with cards that doesn't exist yet.

Obviously. His name is credited on everything. He makes so much from royalties that he can live comfortably without doing anything.

This thing is fucking hilarious.