Miyazaki and Anno

How are these two best friends? Anno is like the King of Otaku scum, why hasn't Miyazaki forced him to commit sudoku yet?

miyazaki is tsundere for otaku

>be on desert
>dress in black

They must be overheated as fuck

He saw Anno's talent obviously.

who the fuck wears suits in the desert is miyazaki retarded

>desert
That's probably just a sand dune.

They're in the Sahara, baka.

I thought Ikuhara was Anno's best friend.

>Rich fuck who is considered talented wants to hang out with another rich fuck who is also considered talented to beat each other off about how great they are
Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Miyazaki doesn't hate modern anime for the stories, he hates modern anime for the lack of talent and skill. Few animators have a clue on how to draw objects in motion, or impact scenes without overdoing the special effects.

They've known each other way before Anno was prolific.

It's because they both know that they're hypocrites and share the same self-loathing,

On another note Miyazaki hates Eva. But I'm sure Anno does too nowadays.

Both of them are faggots who likes to conplain about everything

I bet it is because Anno still pretends that all the otaku pandering he does is "ironic" and "satire"

If you can't see the love they have for animation and even the fandom in their complaints then you are missing the point.

No one dedicated their lives to something while t the same time speaking about it so much if they really hate it. Its obvious they love their fans even if they disgusted by their stupid.

because anno directed NGE and EoE which is very good and matches up to miyazaki's work.

They're best friends? I thought it was always a condescending senpai-kohai relationship.

I thought this too

Anno has never said anything like that.

Who cannot love Anno?

IS THAT THE MEMEBOY POSE?

is this a jojo reference?

But look at all the weight he lost. It worked

>Miyazaki doesn't hate modern anime for the stories, he hates modern anime for the lack of talent and skill.

Don't put words in his mouth, fanboy.

Does any fag here have the rotoscope image with Miyazaki and Anno?

Anno is the closest Miyazaki will have to a talented son. See Goro

Jesus christ fuck off.

Easy, both are hacks.

>you're a faggot
-Hayao Miyazaki

Black is actually better.
They share the same hatred for Otaku community.

Anno doesn't hate otaku.

>Anno is like the King of Otaku
Is this true though?

The kind of guy that befriends a dud that would wear black hoodies in the desert.

Miyasaki is Anno's surrogate father, Ikuhara is his boyfriend.

Without Miyazaki Anno wouldn't even have gotten hired as the guy emtpying the bins in an anime studio

>Look at this pathetic otaku scum
>Lets bully him

His wife refers to him as one of the 4 otaku kings.

Anno was already working as an animator before Miyazaki hired him on Nausicaa.

Who are the others?

Piggie, Bony & Sleepy aparently.

>On another note Miyazaki hates Eva.

And Anno doesn't care for most Ghibli movies and considers them too safe and sexless. In fact the only Miyazaki work that means anything to him is the Nausicaa manga. But they both have a lot of respect for each other, an working together on a face-to-face basis means they know each other better than just the stuff they've made. The same can be said of Oshii and Miyazaki, Oshii is like one of Miyazaki's harshest critics yet they're both good friends.

There's actually quite a few relationships like this in the anime industry. Tomino and Nagano have a pretty similar relationship with one another to that of Anno and Miyazaki, and they both take dumps on each other and their works from time to time. But Nagano considers Tomino to be like his father, and Tomino sees him as one of his favorite proteges.

Anno liked The Wind Rises though. According to him, Miya-san always walked on a cloud a little upside the world but despite his age he took a serious risk with The Wind Rises

Why is Sup Forums so tsundere to Anno and Miyazaki?

This is coming off the top of my head but I read somewhere a while ago that Anno worked on Nausicaa with Miyazaki back in the early 80's. I think he was the key animator for the sequence towards the end involving the giant "warrior" and the massive explosions. Might be wrong and/or very unrelated.

They are best buddies.

Well the Ghibli movies are really safe which is why it's hard to take anything Miyazaki says seriously when he tries to shit on the whole industry.

Because they speak what's in their minds instead of following Japanese "politeness"

They speak the truth

And what is it?

>Anno liked The Wind Rises though.

He liked the ending, and that had a lot to do with the message, not the actual movie.

>According to him, Miya-san always walked on a cloud a little upside the world but despite his age he took a serious risk with The Wind Rises

I remember that from the TV special too. Miyazaki was really insulted when Anno said that, if it were anyone else but Anno who said it he might have killed them.

TATAKAE OTAKINGGG

"anime is shit and you're gay"
- Miyazaki

How often do you think Miyazaki just cold murders members of his staff? Ghibli must be a really high-risk work environment.

He truly is a wise man

He liked the stuff he worked on? What a surprise.

>eva

I though every person involved in the anime industry was strictly forbidden from having a relationship.

of course not, for most it just happens naturally

This documentary was better than 99% of his actual movies

He did manage to overwork his very successor to the point where he got a brain aneurysm that killed him after slaving away on Princess Mononoke, so there's a lot more truth to your statement than you realize.

>Miyazaki was really insulted when Anno said
But why?

Because Miyazaki is more interesting as a person than any of his movies combined.

Sure, but when you reach King status you're granted an exception, and get your own toddler wife. Legend has it that if you reach God level you get your own hand selected harem.

Miyazaki and Takahata don't like each other's works either. Miyazaki talks like he hates Takahata but he really values him.

Has Miyazaki commented on Your Name's success?

He's too busy being the greatest to have noticed its existence.

by implying he's wrong, you're doing the same.

I gurantee he hates it.

He hates it when backgrounds are traced from photographs, and using things like lens flare or digital filters.

So I doubt he cares and doesn't give a shit about it as a movie either.

How do you know he doesn't like that?

Not him, And I don't know. but have you seen him uses those things?

Nope, but I don't think that means anything.

That's why he came out of retirement again.

If he doesn't use something it's a good clue that he doesn't appreciate it. If he saw value on it he'd take advantage of it.

Does anyone have the one where the interviewer asks him if there's one anime in particular he considers trash and he answers "your favorite anime"?

I think that's a stupid assertion. Either way not reasonable grounds for claiming he hates it.

Because IRL human interaction is not like this, autist.

That documentary for the Wind Rises spent half its time showing the Ghibli staff shitting all over Takahata.

I'm pretty sure he dislike movie. It's really just average flop TV anime story, but because of big name normal people in Japan praise it at second coming of Christ. I support Otaking opinion. And Koe No Katachi is more "art". I think Your Name is real reason why M is back

>And Koe No Katachi is more "art".

It's a fucking manga adaptation.

>I think Your Name is real reason why M is back

That documentary was filmed months before that movie even came out.

It's still definitely more "art" - whatever that may entail.

I can all but guarantee that Your Name is irrelevant to Miyazaki. Do you think the greats of live action cinema give a fuck about Deadpool or whatever else topped the box office recently?

>I can all but guarantee that Your Name is irrelevant to Miyazaki. Do you think the greats of live action cinema give a fuck about Deadpool or whatever else topped the box office recently?

I agree, but I think the most apt comparison for Your Name is The Force Awakens. A product of nothing but marketing and rehash, hailed as a masterpiece by most people because of how hard it panders to them.

Deadpool was actually a great movie and somewhat of a middle finger to this whole superhero movie trend.

>Deadpool was actually a great movie
But yeah you get my point, the example movie doesn't matter. There are great movies which sell like shit, and shit movies which make bank. Same applies to anime.

Problem probably that anime industry is so small that there is only 8-10 "Big Names". Everyone others are so small and will stay in their shadows forever unless some miracle happens