/GITS/

I've finally got around to watching ghost in the shell (1995), where does Sup Forums recommend I go from here?

You can never go wrong with Boku no pico.

You've seen the mountaintop, might as well kill yourself

SAC into the movies and then 2nd GIG

you can't go wrong with boku no pico

I recommend you go to reddit.

You are ugly and nobody likes you.

I'm on Sup Forums what do you expect

Not op but I finally got around to watch sac. I'm at episode 12 and it's great and all but i'm not blown away like i expected to be and like i was with the movie. So far I like the aesthetic and tone of the movie much more. Does sac get better?

Both seasons never reach the atmospheric and thematic heights of the original.
The plot is pretty great but SAC just never has the mesmeric quality of 95.

not as good as the movie- consider trying Lain and Technolyze, and then give up on anime cyberpunk because after the late 90s people lost the art over in glorious nippon

Lain is one of my favorites. I've been putting off Texhnolyze because it's so depressing but i might watch it soon if i get sick of sac.

The Matrix is much better than the whole of that piece of shit series.

You could watch the show, but it's a bit shit.

you go here

Plot wise, I think SAC is better. But you cannot simply compete with Oshii aesthetic-wise. Even the shitty Innocence movie looks great despite the early CGI.

I want to hug the Major and gently stroke her hair

So the plot picks up then? Like I said I'm on episode 12 and so far it's been mostly episodic except for the laughing man episodes which have yet to impress me but they do seem to be building towards something.

The laughing man is the overreaching plot. I kinda like how SAC is mostly Section 9 doing their cyber-police work while picking up clues about him.

Yeah I do like where it seems to be going. I was just expecting it to be more like the movie with a story more about philosophy than politics and police work.

For Adalt? Who's that?

>>/kek/

Just watch innocence, then both of the SACs and then watch the new movie and whatever whatever

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ARISE BEFORE I START WATCHING IT?!

Everything

Innocence is one of the greatest movies ever and the CGI is anything but "early"