Me:

Me:
>Hey Schopenhauer, it seems like my country, Sweden, was just made a lot worse by choosing to stop being an ethnostate and in the past our sense of national community inspired a pride in building our nation together. Since you're so wise, do you have any input on this?
Schopenhauer:
>you're just butthurt about being a loser and should get your own accomplishments instead.
Soyboy:
>Oy vey, nazis btfo. This is irrefutable proof that we should increase immigration.

He also said that women can't think for themselves and are only interested in art to impress men.

> applause for the destruction of the working class intensifies

Seems to know his shit then

Nationalism is realising that you are just a drop of blood in the chain of your people. You are the historic continuation of a thousand people before you and the beginning of a thousand people after you. It's no coincidence that you were born in your nation, and it's no coincidence that your nation exists the way it does.
A nationalist takes duty before taking pride. The Schopenhauer shit is a fucking strawman.

Schopenhauer was smart, but he was also a NEET who never married or had a family and dated teenagers in his 40s.

sounds like fun

National-pride is best because it's something you can share with everyone and all be proud of together. It's better than being some self-important autist who just brags about all of his objectively-average accomplishments

Lol, that’s just your slave morality

you're missing the bit about being a latent homosexual

That's not what he meant, you fucking buffoon
If your team is winning but you have made any significant contributions, you're proud that your team is winning. If you're actually getting shit down and scoring a bunch, then you can be proud of yourself. It's not hard

*haven't

"The man who is endowed with important qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes."

Yea, so wouldn't that me that seeing the flaws in your countries immigration policy instead of blindly supporting it because your nation is doing it is a good thing?

Yeah it's more about the way it's used as an "argument" by anti-whites nowadays.

Just because Schopenhauer has an opinion, doesn't lend it weight. Schopenhauer's opinion on nationalism was formed from his time in which national identities and demographics weren't under full assault, so it's really not relevant to the situation of my people in a time when our national identity is being dismantled.
Also, it does not follow that a man, by having pride in his own nation and people, is unable to have pride in other, more personal achievements and accomplishments. Is pride some tangible and finite feeling only capable of being expressed in a limited quantity?
Why does Schopenhauer value excessive self-criticism and self-negation? Why does he value deconstructionism?
I would argue that the miserable fool is he who casts aspersions on others with differing viewpoints based on fanciful strawman narratives concocted out of a false sense of superiority.
Finally, I'd argue that Schopenhauer's sentiment is inherently subversive and traitorous. It would seem from his statement that he values personal benefit, personal profit, and personal accomplishment over his own nation nation and people. Is this assessment is correct, how can we view Schopenhauer as moral? Is he not, however indirectly, advocating egotistic opportunism?

This.
He also said that to make a point about people claiming patriotism to keep people from critisizing their state
Just like swedecuck being proud of modern swedcuckia (and at the same time despising old sweden) because they are so T O L E R A N T

>The left can't m...

Yea i think the point is that you become proud from the accomplishments and hard-work of your nation working together to become the best version of itself for the prosperity of it's citizens and their future decedents , it's not pride for the sake of it, its a goal to become proud and to stay that way through achievement. If your nation is doing great and all of it's citizens are happy, fulfilled, protected, productive, safe, secure. then why shouldn't you be proud, as long as you don't listen to the jews you would have much to be proud of.

Of course the thread on Schop gets no attention lol. I hate you assholes.

His essay "On Women" is fucking nuts. My gf hated it lol

>As for Schopenhauer, Hitler boasted “I carried Schopenhauer’s works with me throughout the First World War. From him I learned a great deal,” apparently that he “glorified will over reason.”

Paying shills to create content isn't a 21st century invention.

It's the exact thing you would see some lefty try to meme, except it'd be accompanied by a poorly drawn comic.

He doesn't criticise nationalism as a strategic choice, he criticises people that make out of nationalism their personality because they have no personal qualities and achievements, they are basically followers.