Who here /dumb/...

Who here /dumb/? I tried watching Gatchaman Crowds because I loved Kuuchuu Buranko and I watched 5 episodes not understanding what anyone was ever saying ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0I9LQ2EOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

did anyone even watch this?

I watched it for the soundtrack. Helps that the characters were cute, too.

both seasons yeah.

I didn't watch Gatchaman Crowds so I wonder how can it be more confusing than Kuuchuu Buranko?

That's normal.

What's hard to understand? Seriously.

Also, make sure you download the extended episode. Ep 11 was rushed and half of the episode is a clip show. They later released a full version and an extended ending.

The best way to understand Gatchaman Crowds is to imagine that everything are allegories to the internet.

It's a ok series hajime is really loveable

.....and then things get really dark in the second season

>It's a ok series
The show's great.

If you imagine the entire show taking place on Sup Forums circa 2013 or so, it's cool.
>moot is surrounded by yes man mods, so he hires a new mod to clean up the shitposting (MESS) and to get everyone else to decide for themselves. A troll shows up to destroy the earth by starting a flamewar and is defeated by literally ignoring him to death.

It's a complete subversion and then the second season is a subversion of everything in the first season.

Gotchaman Crowds threads were something else. I still remember them fondly for how thought provoking they were and for the relative lack of shitposting.

the extended ending is bullshit, it took something that everyone with some sort of brain already understood and drags your nose through it

Dangers of social network bullshit.

>The best way to understand Gatchaman Crowds is to imagine that everything are allegories to the internet.
This. S2 is basically tumblr vs Sup Forums.

Why did you forget him, Sup Forums?

I thought it was about mob mentalities and Gamergate

I remember everyone endlessly going
>okay, now the next episode we'll have some action or something happening
It was like having blue balls every week until the end of the show.
>having a high budget hero show literally called Gatchaman where the heroes barely fight and it's about what it means to be a hero

I still remember everyone thinking that Ruri was a naive fool for not going full Light and then an actual Light took over and things got worse.

>dangers of social network
>show ends with tricking Facebook to play Farmvile with gamification to save the world.

>S2 is Tumblr becoming literally Hitler to elect a meme president who goes full communism because people are lazy fucks
Free shit wooo

Close. It's about collectivism.
The first season was about individualism and that you need to have believe in the power of the masses even if they're overly apathetic to the suffering of the world and nothing can ever change. Hajime is the fresh new blood that motivates everyone and Berg hides in the shadows and is defeated at the end.

The second season is about how the masses can be moved through small actions (Ruri being saved rather than not die for his ideology) and that individualism will always be defeated by collectivism and the need to fit in. That new Gatchaman (forgot name, but I remember hating her) immediately brings division, helps the main villain into power and is overall useless. The shota is loved and accepted by everyone and becomes a villain by being on TV in the spotlight, then is defeated by not really fighting him individually but as a collective.

>He's a trap
>why
>cuz he likes to wear a wig
>the internet makes fun of him
>but then goes 'meh whatever, it's his hobby to dress up, who cares'

The first season is basically this comic.

How sad were the threads on the last two episodes of s2 are they archives anywhere?

Tsubasa! That's her name
>starts off wanting to do some fireworks (art)
>gets discouraged
>goes into politics
>forgets her passion for her art
>goes full Hitler

There wasn't much sadness and more rage mixed with acceptance that it was a good show and we had to move on. Like all shows that aren't cancerous, they would stop having threads once the season was over.

You basically proved my point.

Good?

GATCHAMANNNNNN

>watch first episode
>ehhh idk if this show is any goo-
>GAGAGAGAGATCHAMMAAAAAN

youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0I9LQ2EOA

I loved GC and everything, but I try not to think about it too often. I'm still grieving over the loss of my S1 folder.

Time to dump my Gatchaman folder from years ago then.

I really feel like Gatchaman is pertinent even more these days.

It was the timing at the end of episode 1 that really sold me on the show. That, and Hajime.

Hey, thank you, user! You're the best!

>loli Hajime lookalike
>threads full of theories that Hajime somehow went back in time or whatever

Holy fuck how can someone miss the point of Gatchaman so much. Did you even watch the second season?

>Hey, thank you, user! You're the best!
No problem.

>Did you even watch the second season?
Did you?
Though, I'd rather like to know what I got wrong rather than you just going retarded claiming I didn't get the point of S2. Unless, of course, you're just mad at the image itself rather than what I said.

>Trump 2015-2016
Memetic warfare.

I wouldn't even know where to start besides telling you to rewatch the whole thing. You genuinely have even the basic shit completely wrong.

So you have nothing to say. Cool.

The soundtrack was god-tier, of course, but for nostalgia's sake I have to go with the world-healing instrumental version of Music Goes On, which is named "M27" on the Galax extra soundtrack.

>I wouldn't even know where to start
The first defense mechanism is being put forth, I see?

>The best way to understand Gatchaman Crowds is to imagine that everything are allegories to the internet.

But they aren't on the internet. And that's why its dumb.

I mean what are you supposed to say to someone who doesn't even understand the basics of a show beside telling them to just watch the whole thing over again. Then again I think I recognize that user from the threads and he's just as dumb now as he was then.
I mean what the fuck is
>then is defeated by not really fighting him individually but as a collective.
This didn't even happen.

I'm sorry, but S2 was very clearly about the need for independent thought in the survival of a democratic system and about the tyranny of the majority feared by Tocqueville. The moral wasn't that Gerurururu was defeated by collective action. The moral was that the atmosphere and social pressure to conform that he created was dispelled when Hajime used her final plan to shock everybody into taking the time to think carefully about their choices.

Broadly, in human terms, it was about that. Specifically it was about how Japan embraced militarism and brutality prior to WWII.

The entire ost was great. I still remember everyone being endlessly hyped when it was released on the apple store and then we all got to listen to the soundtrack while using the ost's labels to predict what would happen

>huuuuurrrrrrr they're not on the internet

Mess = shitpost
JJ = Moot
Gatchaman = Mods who clean up the MESS and stick rigidly to moot for all decisions.
Ruri = Sup Forums
Rest of the world = Facebook
Those anarchist who were given power who ransacked the city who's name I forgot since it's been years since I watched the show = Sup Forums
etc

I used to have an image of this but I can't seem to find it.

>This didn't even happen.
Ah yes, the election to vote him out didn't happen. Though I could have phrased it better, since I was trying to be witty by phrasing it as a subversion

What is a tyranny of the masses, but collectivism?
Geruru was defeated by Hajime suffering on national television and suaing the masses with pity. Flow and emotion made people change their mind. Not individualistic thought and desires but emotion is what defeated Geruru.

The first season showed the masses in an optimistic light while the second season showed how the masses were easily dissuaded to do anything.

>Specifically it was about how Japan embraced militarism and brutality prior to WWII.
Not to mention that old grandfather war veteran even saying that what was happening was like when he was younger.

How hard did you rage at this moment?

You're probably the guy who was trying to force his muh tumblr shit during the second season too.

Extremely. I remember everyone endlessly raging at this part.
>lol bitch, you're gonna conform and shit, fuck your individuality.
Everyone really hated Tsubasa.

Probably.

I watched the entirety of both seasons and I didn't know what the fuck was going on in S1. I still don't know, 2bh. I still enjoyed it.

We shouldn't have mocked poor Tsubaka. She was suffering from a real disability.

>I'm retarded, an actual airhead
It's funny. I just noticed it now. Hajime is an airhead but is only pretending to be stupid.
Tsubasa is an airhead but is actually stupid, pretending to be smart.

Wow, you sound particularly autistic. It's just a show.

And this is just a discussion.

>Not to mention that old grandfather war veteran even saying that what was happening was like when he was younger.

Yes. I'm saying that's the theme of the show because they said that was the theme of the show. When that old man spoke it is as if they took hold of you, the viewer, by the shoulders, and sat you down in the real talk chair.

Not terribly subtle but I understand how you have to play it when it comes to war guilt. No pussyfooting. I respected that.

The entire point of the ending was that showing the horrible result of their collectivism shocked everyone into actually taking a step back and considering their vote for themselves. How did you get "lol collectivism always wins it wasn't their real opinions" out of that?

Is Gatchaman Crowds 'smart' anime? I don't get why OP put it next to Trapeze of all things.

Considering how much Japan loves to deny their past mistakes the fact that they just came out with it is pretty impressive. Especially with how nationalistic anime usually is.

There's been a recent surge of anti nationalism over the years. You can even see it in Yuyuyu which also references WW2 militarism.

Also, it's ironic because S2 was funded by the government.

It's smart in the sense that it invites the watcher to contemplate and discuss the more intellectual aspects without beating them over the head with obtuse and pretentiously utilized symbolism, and even though each season has a clear message, it doesn't go out of its way to make you feel bad for interpreting it the 'wrong' way. It's also universally relevant to democratic-tinged civil societies and the current era of social media.

Well said.

First season was goat. Second had an unbearable lead.

Same director.

>Hajime was a great protagonist
>Tsubasa was an unbearable piece of shit
Wow, it's like they subverted themselves intentionally or something.

I'm sorry if I'm not watching this for scholarly analysis. Didn't enjoy it so I just stopped watching.

I want a 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' remake with :
Berg Katze as Frank n Furter
Hajime as Janet
Sugane as Brad (he's got glasses too)
OD as Riff Raff
Rui as Magenta
Jou as Rocky
Utsutsu as Columbia
Rizumu as Eddie
Paiman as Dr Scott
JJ as The Narrator

Wow, this show was actually 2deep4u

>tfw we got crowdsshit instead of something like casshern sins or yoru no yatterman or even more like the 90s ova

what didn't you get? yeah there's a lot of analyzing but it's not that hard.

>Hey Nakamura, you know how you barely get any money to do those cool shows you want to do and most seem extremely underbudget, out of time and are mostly remembered for ideas rather than execution?
>yeah
>okay, we'll give you a shitton of money to make whatever anime you want but only if you do it about Gatchaman so it'll be good publicity for our shitty Gatchaman movie that no one will love
>cool, so I'll use all the money to get the best Seiyuu around, get the best CG to blend with a unique style, and have the story be more about the socio-political implication of the internet and what it means to be a hero rather than spend that money on fights

>2 months after the last episode finished airing
>hey Nakamura, it's the nip government, it seems your anime really boosted tourism in the place where you set up the Gatchaman Crowds anime, so how about we fund you another season?
>sweet, I'll use that money to make an anti-nationalism anime!

Context matters.

I did

I honestly preferred the first version of the ending. Skipping the entire final "battle" between Berg-Katze and Hajime was stylish. And it fit well with the way Crowds conflict was handled.

Monologe clipshows are kinda meh though.
I prefer the extended ending as it showed that Berg is a troll that is everywhere and everyone, so you can't defeat him. It also goes back to the theme of what makes a hero. Can a hero be a hero if he doesn't have a villain?

I prefer having both the monologue and the extended cut as two parts that give greater context.
>10 minute monologue of all the characters talking about how great of a person Hajime is and how she changed their lives in the spawn of a few days
It noticeably pissed a lot of people.

Can someone please explain me how does Berg Katze pee?
a) standing
b) sitting
c) both
d) It his species doesn't have bodily functions

Oups, wrong image.

Berg is a troll.

Hajime's role was mostly being a good influence on a screwed up hero team. Instead of a fighter MC or a mastermind MC, she was like a therapist MC.

It's like they took the power of friendship and removed the part where the hero beats the crap out of you first.

What character wears these heels? Are these Rui's?

>Hajime's role was mostly being a good influence on a screwed up hero team.
Yes and no. You'll notice that there are paragons of good, evil and neutrality in the story.
Hajime is the paragon of good.
JJ is the paragon of neutrality.
Berg is the paragon of evil.
Everyone else is grey and are influenced by them.

At the beginning of the show, everyone sticks closely to JJ's every word and refuse to do anything unless he vaguely hints it. He enrolls Hajime so that she might get the rest of the Gatchaman team to think for themselves and not rely on him. It's the reason why Berg turned evil.

Also, Hajime was clearly a mastermind MC but who hid her intelligence behind a noticeably fake facade of genki airhead. At the beginning of the show, she laments that the world would be more fun if Gatchaman existed and she seems extremely bored, despite going full airhead and autistic about her notebooks. When JJ selects her, she goes
>Adventure, fuck yeah!

There's a scene, back when it aired, that made everyone lose their shit.
It's when Hajime and Rui meet. At that moment, Hajime pulls a triple keikaku and it's amazing. She meets up with Rui who's dressed up in his trap outfit. Rui starts talking about how superheroes create dependency from the weak and if everyone is a hero, then no one is. Hajime starts ignoring that, starts playing with her NOTE to see if Rui notices it, calls him -kun and says that he looks prettier without makeup, showing that he's hiding his true identity thus creating a hierarchy over everyone else and is a hypocrite.

No one understands her in the show, but she shows clear insight and deep thought.

It's funny how a lot of the characters in the show wear heels.

>noticeably fake facade of genki airhead
I wouldn't call it fake. She still acts the same throughout the whole series.

It might not be ''fake'', as she's clearly enjoying it, but she's much smarter than she lets on. There's a moment in Insight near the end when Gerururu thanks her for deciding to sacrifice herself and you can tell by her unhappy deadpan face that she's holding back the fury of a thousand sun. It's the face of someone who hates what she's forced to do to save everyone and hates everyone for ending there.

Poor Hajime! Now that she has Katze inside her she can't have any privacy! Imagine when she's showering and Katze is staring at her. I don't think it's alright for a nice kind gentleman like Katze to see a young lady like Hajime naked.

Pffftt, you think too narrow. Imagine Hajime having sex as Berg shittalks the entire time and ruins the romantic mood.

yeah lad the OST was great

Generally, is Katze interested into seeing Hajime naked? Also, what would he say if she was having sex?

What would a troll do if it could say anything while a couple were having sex?
Imagine /s4s/ endlessly shittalking.

Imagine Hajime entering into a room full of naked men and Katze begins whistling and screaming 'You've got a nice ass, honey'.

No one can hear Berg unless Hajime puts her hands on her huge chest and lets him speak.
I'm pretty sure Hajime wouldn't even care if she walked naked in the streets.

Imagine if Hajime invited a male friend at her house and Berg began screaming 'I'm gonna rape you, sweet cheeks!'.

RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE
RAPE HIM
DO IT DO IT DO IT
YOU GONNA FUCK HIM AFTER HUH HUH HUH? FUCKING BITCH DO IT!