How badly is this going to flop?

How badly is this going to flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RODNLawkA7s
aoyamahiroyuki.com/post/150897791919
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/13-1/nhk-documentary-confirms-hayao-miyazaki-starts-working-on-his-new-hand-drawn-feature-film
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's going to sell well because Dragon Ball Super fans will check it out.

>yurishit
Very.

Even if it only sells 1K, kyoani will still make money through other means.
Kyoani's business model is flawless.

They're not getting any extra money from this. They were just contracted to adapt the series.

>Dragon Ball Super fans will check it out.
what

>How badly is this going to flop?
Well, their worst adaptation flop is Nichijou , so...
That means worst comes to worst, the DVD sales would bomb but Sup Forums would worship it more than usual to compensate.

Phantom World is their worst adapted flop. Nichijou isn't even a top 5 KyoAni flop

No where near as much as you want it to.

It just screams 1-2k

I don't really want it to flop. But it's obvious it won't do well. I'm afraid it won't sell enough to even rank

Sup Forums cares about nothing but sales sales sales all for the sake of some cheap shitposting.
The discussion are so much better now but the shitposting are just plain effortless. Can we not go back to making some actual cancer instead of anticipating bad threads?

At least there is something to remember by

>Phantom World is their worst adapted flop. Nichijou isn't even a top 5 KyoAni flop
No, Phantom World doesn't count because it is their own property.

You said adapted flop. Phantom World is an adaptation. And even then AmaBuri sold less than Nichijou.

I thought they were going to animte Violet Evergarden. It's good to see that they are going to animate something out of their editorial.

I'm a pretty big KyoAnus licker myself but I can't get myself existed for Violet, it's not the type of show I would watch. Hopefully they just make a movie out of it and get it over with fast.

Never doubt Godani, user.

reddit tier post

>You said adapted flop. Phantom World is an adaptation. And even then AmaBuri sold less than Nichijou.
No, what I mean is that there is a clear difference between KyoAni as a boss and KyoAni as a contractor. The difference is night and day. Dragon Girls is a contract job so you compare it to other contract jobs.

And if you want to use AmaBuri as the example then it is fine too. Because Sup Forums loved that show as well.

Again, you said adapted flop without making any distinction on whether or not it was an owned property. You were literally in the wrong here.

>Again, you said adapted flop without making any distinction on whether or not it was an owned property. You were literally in the wrong here.
I feel no need to explain because we are in a KyoAni thread, and anyone who know anything about KyoAni know what I mean when I say Adaptation. KyoAni readily go at their own IPs with a hacksaw and barely respect the source material.

If you want to argue with me about definitions, I am not interested. I know what I said and it is your problem if you don't know the rules by now.

I'm a KyoAni fan and we don't use "Adaptation" to refer to non-KyoAni owned series. You're just a retard.

>I'm a KyoAni fan and we don't use "Adaptation" to refer to non-KyoAni owned series. You're just a retard.
Then what magical word do you use?

Contracted work.

It's going to flop a lot harder than my doujinshi.

the charm of the manga is in the designs and style, neither of which kyoani will match because they literally cannot do anything but moeblob
it'll flop harder than hard

That "charm" has been seen before and it's nothing special.

Stop this shit, KyoAni, literally nobody ever do this.

3K at most

More like 1k. The manga isn't popular. The VAs aren't popular, or at least not enough to boost sales; 2 of them are still very green as well. The publishing label isn't all that popular either. And I can't see this having even decent production values either.

It's actually a pretty big thing in Japan. Head over to the idol board /jp/ some time.

I hate the whole using 2D to shill 3D idols thing with a passion.

>not famous
>therefore it won't work in any other meduim
We said the same about Hataraku Maou, and Non Non Biyori. (I think we underestimated KonoSuba too)

The culture between people who loves to read is different from people who settle down with just watching something that was tuned with music and voices

>We said the same about Hataraku Maou, and Non Non Biyori.
Did we? Both of those companies belong to Kadokawa, and the anime adaptions had decent budget too.
>The culture between people who loves to read is different from people who settle down with just watching something that was tuned with music and voices
>LN fags
>people who love to read

It'll probably be yet another case of them making something good from a bland source material
>wahh they're going to ruin this LN/manga that I didn't even know existed till the anime was announced

Yup. Hataraku Maou was outright reported as a sleeper-hit. Not a single person in Japan looked forward to it until the first episode came then so did the numbers
Non Non Biyori is a litteraly "what" and I remember the first KonoSuba spoiler thread where almost every post condemned it for its awful cancer jokes. "hurr failure party + one normalfag XD"
(Not sure about its original popularity in Japan)

Either way, I would rather not shitpost over sales. It's gotten too stale for my taste

Depends on how it'll be handled, honestly. I can see part of the manga readerbase giving it a chance if Kyoani decides to be faithful. Takemoto should nail it quite well if he's still as good as he was in Amagi.

Either way, since it's Pony Canyon's adaptation it'll be quite interesting how Kyoani handles it.

To be honest VEG set the bar too high and while I'm optimistic I don't think Kyoani can't live up to what we were given with that PV.

I hope they do, it's not like this manga is anything hard to adapt though I'd still prefer it if Doga Kobo or SilverLink was the studio.

It will win an Oscar and become Kyoani's next BIG thing.

I really don't expect shit, it might look nice but seems like another one of those pretty but boring ass shows they usually make.

Danna ga nani has a special place in our heart.

I don't think it will even look pretty. The adaptation is from an irrelevant author so I don't think Pony Canyon gave them a lot of budget, and the production is probably rushed since they worked on Hibike 2 and Koe no Katachi.

Hibike 2 has had some QUALITY and they actually outsourced finishing and in-between animation to third parties, something that hasn't happened for a TV anime of theirs in a while. Since this isn't one of their series and they're basically doing this as a favor to PC, I can see them getting sloppier/not caring much.

Screencap this.

>favor to PC
Stop this. There is no such thing in buisness. They contracted this because they didn't know that KnK is going to be as big as it was and they needed a finicial stability for 2017. Also they always outsourced for movies.

Regardless, this certainly won't be another Nichijou or Hyouka in terms of production values.

>bait haremfags with Phantom World
>bait romancefags with VEG
>bait monsterfags with Dragon Maid
>constant yuribaiting
Will KyoAni ever care more about adapting a good story than trying to pander to a specific audience?

I don't think this will be Nichijou or anything KyoAni will ever be Nichijou except the next Yamada movie perhaps. This will get the same Amagi treatement.

Don't blame them that none of the LN authors can write worth shit.

Is there a torrent of translated manga? Like hell I'm gonna read it on bato
fuck

I mean, I personally think it'll do decent, to be honest. Also, >implying most authors in Japan aren't "irrelevant"

Please just don't turn Kobayashi's Maid Dragon threads into constant KyoAni-shitposting where everyone falseflags as haters or retarded fanboys.

Not everything has to be about the studiowars.

This author has been getting a push lately and he's still as irrelevant as when he first started.

The manga is somewhat boring, I did have a few chuckles though. If the adaptation doesn't keep its viewers entertained the threads will be mostly shitposting, and knowing Hackemoto, you better start bracing for it.

On Dynasty Reader you can find all the Chapters of it currently out Translated. If that's the question you were asking, that is.

Or it could end like Regalia the sacred stars where there's almost nobody left to shitpost.
Seriously, there is no need to try to bait KyoAni-haters and -defenders all the time just to increase posting activity for a thread.

100k sales and opening new era of LewdAny

There will be at least some since it's a KyoAni show. Even Phantom Sales had a thread almost at all times when it was airing.

Nobody does that, they still come anyway.

>best episode is when the MC turns into a male
Yuri was a big mistake

I want a preview already.

Monthly Action has a few gems and they decide to adapt this garbage. Why not go full lewd and give KyoAni Tsugumomo to adapt instead of what surely be a TMS QUALITY production?

t. girlish number watcher

Eh, I disagree. I find it pretty nice and comfy. Then again, I haven't been reading Manga for several years, so maybe that's why I think that. Or maybe I have low standards. Who knows.

>bait romancefags with VEG
bait Sup Forums with being a retard

This. The real redeeming value would be how KyoAni adapts it - as with K-On and Nichijou.

This was pretty funny.

Hoping they go the Nichijou route, change things up a bit but not make it mostly original like Keion.

Why is Kyoani so controversial?

This had me laughing for a while

cute

this is some quality garbage ass shit here user

damn the new american dragon jake long looks preddy guud

It gets an adaptation from Kyoani and now I am a lifelong fan of this manga.
Should I read it, though? Would I like it?

It has its moments but overall it's very average.

Are you retarded?

Dude. Stop replying to obvious bait.

How do you get from this...

...to this?

>...to this?

You have a cute girl in love with the main human character. The fact that the human is a straight female doesn't change anything, because it is just a justification for why they didn't actually fuck like rabbits.

Anyway, it sounds like the editor liked what he saw so it was fine. She probably got away with it because she had a decent resume of prior publications already at this point, so the editor trusts the quality of her work.

>didn't actually fuck like rabbits.
She'll take any chance she can get.

>seeing a maid out of cosplay

Wait..."She"?

>adaptation of kinda beloved manga from famous author who get some anime adaptations already
>How badly is this going to flop?

>adaptation of some self-published LNcrap that literally no one knows about
>Oscar-winning masterpiece! Next Kyoani's magnum opus!
What's wrong with you guys?

WHO FUCKING CARES?
I mean I know Sup Forumsermins care since they are studio wars retards but I'm asking regular Sup Forumsnons, not lowest of low subhumans.

Don't add fuel to the KyoAni-shitposting.

>kinda beloved manga
Literally no one cares about this manga, not in Japan nor the west.

>from famous author
COOL isn't even top 10,000 as far as mangaka go.

TMS does excellent animation, the issue is that what subcontractor that they are using.

At least we know well who Cool Kyoushinsha is.
Pretty sure you can't name the authors of Chuu2/Phantom World/VEG LNs without google.

>TMS used to do excellent animation*

TMS is shit tier studio these days

No they are not.

They still do, Hiroyuki Aoyama (after being out of the studio in for a year from June 2015-June 2016 (Chizu for 8 months and Zexcs for 5 months), because Bones wanted him to do more Space Dandy but Aoyama said no) even begged Miyazaki to bring Ghibli back from the dead.

aoyamahiroyuki.com/post/150897791919 (the 3 guys form the left came from Bones, Shoujirou Nishimi from 4C is on the right, all who have been laid off from their respected studios, he brought them and other laid off animators from those studios over to TMS for something)

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/13-1/nhk-documentary-confirms-hayao-miyazaki-starts-working-on-his-new-hand-drawn-feature-film

No they are not.

They still do, Hiroyuki Aoyama (after being out of the studio in for a year from June 2015-June 2016 (Chizu for 7 months and Zexcs for 5 months), because Bones wanted him to do more Space Dandy but Aoyama said no) even begged Miyazaki to bring Ghibli back from the dead.

aoyamahiroyuki.com/post/150897791919 (the 3 guys form the left came from Bones, Shoujirou Nishimi from 4C is on the right, all who have been laid off from their respected studios, he brought them and other laid off animators from those studios over to TMS for something)

>ruined character designs
>typical kyoani filters
It probably won't flop too much desu, but they still ruined it

huh

You mean improved, you kyoanihater.

No, Kyoanifag. They just samefaced the characters AGAIN