Flip Flap

What's your opinion of girls who are also delinquent boys?

Other urls found in this thread:

pablo.sblo.jp/article/177725248.html
imgur.com/a/NvGqV#QPcKh8v
inspired.jp/
inspired.jp/bgart/
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=9074
twitter.com/FLIP_FLAPPERS/status/790501048431484928
twitter.com/rute_wayward/status/799970420296298497
twitter.com/FLIP_FLAPPERS/status/799248387690274816
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As long as she can Rockona my Cocona, I'm all for it.

Speaking of, Sup Forums sings, get in here:

Fuck the police!

Studio Pablo posted a blog.

pablo.sblo.jp/article/177725248.html

For pic related they used the same "Harmony" technique as in Kill la Kill.

also apparently episodes 8, 10-13 will have a different background studio

Is this a real place in jp? Did't mentioned here: imgur.com/a/NvGqV#QPcKh8v

I couldn't find it. The stone seems to carved with みずいろ公園 (Mizuiro Park) but the real stone is not aligned like this. The scene is too generic to identify.

I guess their artwork doesn't lend itself to Sci-fi cityscapes. Dropped for 10-13 is weird though.

First Yuniko, now Pablo, what is going on?

Some really fantastic art so far. A bit disheartening that Pablo won't be involved with the mentioned episodes, though.

It seems like there will be a major style change towards the end. Something like reality itself being PI and they end up in OP-style "real world". Twintails loli is probably involved. And they used this opportunity to save budget.

>You'll never get this ending
>By the end of the show they'll be having showers together and casually chatting in the tub about school and shit. It will be very cute and will definitely happen ;_;

>OP is futuristic

It could mean that they want to crank the Sakuga up a notch. As nice as Pablo BGs are, they don't lend themselves well to crazy webgen camera movements like you see in the OP.

I really really want a happy ever after end for Cocona and Papika. I just want the show to end like pic related, with the two enjoying each others' company, preferably with Over the Rainbow playing as a final ED.

New studio might be this one:
inspired.jp/

Why do delinquents wear mask?

To avoid identification when they cause trouble for the establishment.

Any source, reason or justification on that?

Papika! Taima!

dude PURE ILLISION lmao

DELET

Where did this trend about removing the second E in "delete" come from? It sounds crossboard as fuck.

the last E is not necessary

back in the day japanese delinquents use to get high with paint thinner and it fucked up their teeth so they wore the mask to hide their mouth. nowadays they just wear it as a kind of dress code.

Flip Flappers are listed there (production participiation):
inspired.jp/bgart/

I wonder if they were credited in existing episodes.

oh ok thanks

Aren't Pablo also responsible for the art direction on this show?
It'd be weird for them to not be doing backgrounds for the most important episodes.

Unless it just means they'll be focusing more directly on their other role.

The art direction has been altered. Pray I don't alter it any further.

which papi should there be more fanart of?

Brain problems-chan

Papino!

All of them. I want an orgy with Cocona lost in the middle.

Papia is the most cute

dude phantom world not even top 3 lmao

AR where they actually do "something fun".

Dude forced memes and animation lmao

fuck off, terlposter

I love the voice filter they use for the KKK guys

dude stalker threads lmao

I can't get over how pretty long-haired Cocona is.

>puts on sukeban outfit
>hair immediately grows a foot longer
PI magic

I can't get over how fluffy Cocona's hair is.

Her idea of hell is being forced to eat carrots?

So this is the studio that did backgrounds for:
>Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
>Sangatsu no Lion
>Anohana
>Noragami
>Sword Art Online
>Symphogear

>Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
No wonder it feels so similar

Pretty solid pedigree

She can dress them up with hearts but Imouto is still pretty cruel.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=9074

They also did (some of) Rolling Girls and Madoka Magica backgrounds which had similar aesthetic.

An inspired guy already was the Art Director for 03.

The idea is that one is forced to eat too much, while the other is deprived of food.

It's psychological torture because the act of overeating while a friend starves is emotionally distressing. It's also physical torture because overeating is excruciatingly painful once you pass a certain threshold. It was a legitimate torture technique back in the day.

That meshes well with the theory that it's going to be less lush and more fighty.

>Papiboy

Welp, I am gay now

Embrace it

Huh, you're right. Usually it says Studio Pablo, but in that episode Inspired is credited. However the backgrounds in ep.3 are clearly Pablo's work.

But then, I remember that FliFla twitter apologized at some point for incorrect credits. So I think the credit is a mistake, and Inspired should've been credited on some other episode.

objectivly right

gay4dicks

Is there a webm of the part in that picture? The way Cocona freezes for a second before leaning against Papika is cute.

I found the tweet, episode 3 credit is incorrect. It should say Studio Pablo.

twitter.com/FLIP_FLAPPERS/status/790501048431484928

Papia ist the most spooky and cute.

>being forced to eat carrots?
It might be metaphorical.

>because the act of overeating while a friend starves is emotionally distressing
Great point. Very appropriate for CocoPaps

>implying prostitution of cunnyboys isn't a much worse problem

twitter.com/rute_wayward/status/799970420296298497

shit
thats dark

hoverboard is kill

>That face
She fell in love with an idiot.

Me too.

am i the only one or had this place a very strong atmosphere to it?
We only saw it in the OP before so it seemed pretty important but i had a weird feeling about it... can't really describe it

shhh

This place is the equivalent of Terminal Dogma.

Check the samples, niggeros.
twitter.com/FLIP_FLAPPERS/status/799248387690274816

Also Cocona is a rabbit, so she should like carrots. It makes far more sense that the real torture is watching Cocona starve.

>watching Papika starve
Damnit, typo.

Shop one of them forced to read citrus.

>Uexkull in shades

Wow i think you understood me pretty well even though my post was a mess.
I really like place in Anime like Terminal Dogma, this tank in akira or even this thing in elfenlied that kept the loli in it, just those super secret underground facilitys with mostly disturbing stuff in it.
This scene in FLFL was a bit different though, because it already kinda felt like this, but without showing lilith or anythign fancy...
pretty weird

Yayacuck indeed.

It has the same impact, but with a totally different atmosphere. Where they're things that represent an external danger, something that can kill you if given a chance, this thing represents a more existential danger. It's so peaceful and sublime, but that's just shows its danger-- it slips right past your defenses and affects you on a very deep, emotional level.

My wife, Cocona, and her heterosexual best friend and dog Papika who likes to play dressup.

>cucked by a puppy

Yayaka so handsome she even flusters PI monsters.

And I'll bet you're wondering why Cocona always smells like peanut butter?

Go home Yayaka, you're drunk.

You say this every time, but it's wrong.
I am not Yayaka.

Hollo!

I think this is where Mimi died or at least where the Mimi's death took effect through PI mechanics.

We see clover flowers everywhere and the strange landscape and sculptures. This is almost certainly not natural, and one possible explanation is that this place is a total creation, or say overflow of certain previous PI events.

Immediately we've been shown an environmentally significant event of Mimi's death(?). Meanwhile the language of clover is "think of me", "happiness", "bond", and "revenge", which looks quite feasible as Mimi's wish that manifests as a sea of clover flowers that never fade. Nobody else as shown so far should have the power of creating such landscape.

Dude stop RPing. I responded because I thought you were just doing it so we could bounce jokes off of you but now I see you're an annoying autie.

Why is she so perfect?

No, you are an autie. Loser.

I almost think those structures could be the remains of buildings that were influenced by PI... like a nuke that turns the landscape into a bucolic dream instead of a vitreous smoking crater.

But the most unnatural is the living things, the flowers that do not fade.

Yayaka
Papika
Cocona

are those silly names even real?

Not sure what Yayaka is, but Papika is based on *papillion*, french for butterfly, and Cocona is based on *cocoon*.

Also Dr. Salto's name is based on a gymnastics term for a mid-air flip.