Okay, this has fucked me up for months. Is Japan watching us...

Okay, this has fucked me up for months. Is Japan watching us? Do they know that this line is a big meme here in the west? Because I know for a fact that it isn't one in Japan, and there's no way they'd randomly reference this line from an old Gundam show out of nowhere.

This isn't even the first time I got this impression from an Onuma show. It's happened before with practically all his other stuff. I am CERTAIN that he pays attention to the big western memes and sticks them into his shows for our sakes. This guy is looking out for us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FI0_w_kI2XA
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-25/silver-link-announces-original-anime-project-for-10th-anniversary/.106870
track3.mixtape.moe/moywhd.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you sure that was what was said? Fansubbers and CR adding memes to their subs isn't new.

>Is Japan watching us?
Well, they actually do lurk in english sites and translate our comments and put them on blogs.

It was but it's probably just coincidence and OP's autism.

Yes, I can speak Japanese and I even went and compared the line to the line from Zeta. It's the exact same line. I just left the sub in the picture so people could know what I'm talking about.

If anything the fault is on CR for missing the meme and not translating it as "I came here to laugh at you."

I'm confident at this point that Onuma himself browses Sup Forums. Let's not forget that the Watamote anime was made specifically because of this board.

If I told you that he specifically browsed this board during the production of Watamote, would you believe me?

I believe you so hard that I literally just said that myself.

>Is Japan watching us?
Pic related basically confirmed it.

Yes they are

I just thought he was a Gundam fan because of the Dendrobium Timo that appeared in the last 2 eps The Stamen is my favorite Gundam so I love him for that atleast

Go check his interviews when Watamote was airind a few years ago.
I believe he mentioned himself that the he browsed Sup Forums for a good bit.

We really are the most influential board on the site.

And you just know this guy is still here. He might be reading this very thread. He might be one of the people who posted. He might be Lelouch. Shin Onuma could be ANYWHERE on Sup Forums.

>a garbage director and the most hack of Shinbo's merry band of fuckwits is browsing this board

Is that supposed to be something to be proud of?

youtube.com/watch?v=FI0_w_kI2XA

>garbage

Maybe in your fantasy land, buddy. Come back when you're making as much money as mhim.

>garbage
Woah, fuck you buddy. Anne Happy was great you get your trash ass excuse for individual opinion forming cognizance the fuck out of here.

But... wasn't Watamote shit? Didn't watch it myself, but I was under the impression that it was a disappointment.

In all seriousness, who are Shinbo's other proteges, since you imply he has a "merry band"? Onuma is literally the only one I know of. The other ones must not be very good.

Uh, no? Are you retarded?
>"I didn't watch it but it's bad. I feel like waltzing on in and giving my opinion even though my opinion is based on fucking nothing."
This is the state of neo-Sup Forums.

It was great.

>He might be Lelouch
I can only suspend my disbelief so far.

Everyone directing shows at SHAFT.

user, how do we know OP is not actually him? How do we know you are not actually him? How do you know I am not actually him? Trust no one, suspect everyone.

>it's been 8 years and Oonuma still hasn't made an anime as visually creative as ef

Not my personal opinion. Like I said I didn't watch it. Relax.

The last Onuma show I watched was Tasogare and that was fucking half a decade ago. Is it worth watching his other work?

Maybe he will be put in charge of this.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-25/silver-link-announces-original-anime-project-for-10th-anniversary/.106870

It's hard to relax when you just mosey on in with the "Hey guys wasn't it shit"? Who appointed you official shit-reminder? Because quite frankly you do not have the authority.

I don't know, you sound like a lazy asshole who doesn't bother watching more than one or two shows a season.

Outside of SHAFT itself, the other notable one is Hatakeyama, who's done Sankarea, Rozen Maiden, and Rakugo.

...Shinbo is literally the only director at Shaft. Are you high?

track3.mixtape.moe/moywhd.webm

You are really underestimating the popularity of Gundam. While stuff like 親父にもぶたれたことないのに is so famous that even 3DPD people reference it, 君を笑いに来た is really famous line among Gundam fans. Sugita once casually referenced that scene on radio too, so going "hurr must be Sup Forums reference" (just like with any random appreatance of a simplified four-leafed clover) is retarded.