Man, so fucked up

Man, so fucked up

Why do I love rape scenes so much?

Good, but overrated

it's pretty bad and dumb
the only good parts were with sarah
there's hardly anything "fucked up" about it compared to some other stuff

Worth watching. They should've done away with fucking crazy Hamdo a long time ago.

Japan needs to stop with the love interest disappearing by the end in their shows. It kills me every time.

All the 14 year old edgelords love this shit.

Not an argument

It's not good, it's edgy shit.

As brought up in a lot of threads about this garbage, the show tries to sell itself as "realistic" when it's just edgy.

Kid soldiers, forced breeding (on teens if necessary), someone that's totally fucking insane somehow leading an army.

It's just not believable.

Sorry I couldn't make out what you were saying for the buzzwords that kept being Repeated over and over

It's hard to believe that someone is defending a mediocre and edgy show like this one. When will you people grow up and realize that the same anti war story has been done many times before, and better.

The show treats many of the situations depicted with a great sense of respect towards the severity of it all. It's exactly why this show is remembered at all over the hundreds of other anime that depict "edgy" material.

The show's problem is that Hamdo is not portrayed with the kind of nuance needed for a show like this. I don't mean that he needed to be sympathetic, and lord knows we didn't need a flashback depicting his rise to power. Just that the character really needed to be more grounded.

I also understand that the time travel stuff is a minor cog in the overall story, and there are many easy ways to rationalize its existence as well as why it's seldom used, but the fact that the show never addresses it at all takes it down a peg.

Great direction and atmosphere overall though. Despite its flaws, I think it's a show every anime fan should watch.

Next thing you will be telling me is that elfen lied is deep and thought provoking.

I have only one good recommendation for people who like this show:

Watch more anime. develop your taste more and you will see, that most of the retro anime were mostly anti-war shows, that didn't need shock factor, to get their message across.

got too real for me when they left a 10 year old kid hang outside a battleship from a roap in oppressive heat with no food or water for over a day, this after torturing him some

had to drop it, thikn that was ep 3

"Edgy" is bad. Anything lighthearted is good, at least if you're a total pleb. For reference:

Berserk, Grave of the Fireflies, Gungrave = Edgy
Hamtaro and SD Gundam = Good

good call, the next episode a chick gets repeatedly raped by nasty old soldiers until she is preggo - not even kidding.

And everyone wants her to keep the babby.

Except everything you mentioned actually happens in the real world too.
Just because you live in a safe zone doesn't mean it's not real.

ART SECTION: 7/10
General Artwork 2/2 (interesting setting)
Character Figures 1/2 (generic)
Backgrounds 2/2 (basic but fitting with the feeling of the series)
Animation 1/2 (basic)
Visual Effects 1/2 (basic)

SOUND SECTION: 7/10
Voice Acting 2/3 (corny but fitting with the feeling of the series)
Music Themes 3/4 (not great but fitting with the feeling of the series)
Sound Effects 2/3 (ok I guess)

STORY SECTION: 6/10
Premise 2/2 (interesting)
Pacing 1/2 (erratic)
Complexity 2/2 (rich context)
Plausibility 0/2 (none)
Conclusion 1/2 (cheesy)

CHARACTER SECTION: 6/10
Presence 1/2 (generic)
Personality 2/2 (rather cheesy but well founded)
Backdrop 1/2 (generic and simplistic but it’s there)
Development 1/2 (overblown but it’s there)
Catharsis 1/2 (overblown but it’s there)

VALUE SECTION: 5/10
Historical Value 1/3 (still remembered by some as an interesting retro title)
Rewatchability 1/3 (low because of too much overblown drama)
Memorability 3/4 (extremely tragic to the point of easily remembering it)

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 3/10
Art 0/1 (looks lazy)
Sound 0/2 (sounds meh)
Story 1/3 (interesting themes but presented childishly)
Characters 2/4 (tragic but otherwise typical)

VERDICT: 5.5/10

The doctor who gave her the option to abort didn't seem like a bad guy. I think what's important is that the show never once treats Sara as a bad person for wanting to scoop out her rape baby. Since abortion is one of the three political issues every normalfag bases their partisanship on, it's easy to forget that it's actually a pretty complicated issue.

great insight mate

Hamdo was so fucking retarded that bitch should've killed him and taken over. But that's what happens when you present all the stuff so superficially.

Welcome to war torn Africa my friend; funded and aided by capitalists that wanted their resources for pure profit.

I'm working on this anime. Had a long break after episode 9, but recently finished episode 10 and barely started on episode 11.
I think it's really good, especially the art, it looks amazing. The music is also good, and it's interesting, but I'm scared of watching more because I fear how it will end. And now at the beginning of episode 11 the main character repeated the lie he told the girl right after she called him out on his lie, which is why I didn't finish episode 11. Will have to force myself through it soon. I want to be done with this anime so I don't need to think about it. Not because it's bad, but it's annoying to have anime you only have a little left of that you haven't finished.

I enjoyed it. I felt sorry for Shu, I don't think he'll sleep right ever again. I never got why it's called edgy, it never makes light of anything and it never falls into exploitation.

>Le I have nothing to retort so Imma gonna use the good old watch more anime / you have bad taste

You can fuck right off ty

I like watching the child sex.

we voted Obama as president for 8 years so the last one does occur

I didn't vote for no nigger coon. Must have been someone else.

Why didn't the kids just overthrow Hando?

They outnumbered him and would have the backing of Hando's 2nd in command and two rival nations.

I don't understand how it didn't happen sooner.

Only part that bothered me was the kitten.
That shit was just senseless.

Sup Forums has been slightly down on Now and Then lately. You can say what you want, but when it first came out I used it as a gateway anime for my friends and acquaintances with great success.

Mad men run the show in Africa because they also happen to be very good at conquest. From the interactions between Abelia and Hamdo, you can surmise that there was a turn in his character at some point, and he gave in to paranoia.

More like overrated shit

That's something you have to wonder about for real life too.

Kids are said to be pretty cunning. Why don't they overthrow these dictators often

Why did Abelia even follow Hamdo anyway, he was pretty much insane.

Basically this I generally appreciate a show that shows restraint in flashbacks and backstory, but I can see why some people would find it under explained.