Government votes that “animals can’t feel pain or emotions”

thelondoneconomic.com/news/government-votes-animals-cant-feel-pain-emotions/17/11/

Yesterday I did my usual morning cycle round the glamorgan canal bird reserve and saw a pack of 4-5 buzzards and a sparrowhawk launch a co-ordinated attack on a nest of crows in a tree. In answer to the crow's calls of alarm, loads of other birds joined in to harry them and see off the pack of buzzards, as it turned into a mini Battle of Britain. It was one of the more dramatic and beautiful things I've been lucky enough to witness, but what really struck me was the obvious intelligence and awareness on display as the birds worked together to attack and defend.
This ruling that 'animals are not sentient' is absolutely hecking bonkers, because they so demonstrably ARE. There's plenty of actual proper science to back it up, but anyone who's ever accidentally stood on their dogs tail or something could tell you without a shred of doubt that of-fucking-course animals can feel pain and emotion. Between this, the fox hunting thing and Trump's ivory trophy fiasco I just can't get my head around WHY our governments are so hell bent on making decisions that lack such basic empathy. I can't even see what real personal gain there is for them? Pay-offs/lobbying from shady business practises perhaps? Just seems like cruelty for cruelty's sake to me in the name of overturning policies made by past administrations.
My grandma used to like to say that "you should never trust someone who is cruel to animals, because they will be cruel to humans too" and I think there's truth in that. As the climate continues to change and resources become more demanding, shit will really hit the fan - and it wouldn't surprise me that this sort of thinking (so dismissive of actual evidence) will be a mandate for saying things like 'refugees aren't people either). Needs nipping in the fucking bud.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8ISzf2pryI
youtube.com/watch?v=4O7zkXjSQWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pain yes. Emotion no. You are projecting your own emotions onto the animal.

n-no, fuck you, my dog loves me!

your pet will eat if you if he has to.

please explain to me how animals have "empathy".

mortician here

cats will eat the fuck out of you if you die and they're locked in the house with you for a few days. with dogs it's a gamble, some will starve with their owners by their side until they die and other will eat the owners face. usually smaller breeds of dogs eat owners.

>animals can’t feel pain or emotions
So that's why niggers are able to rape and kill so easily.

>I have never owned a dog.

little faggots, I swear to dog

t. cityfag/never had a pet
Animals DO have emotions, just just in the same spectrum as we do.

>Smaller dogs more likely to eat owner
That's interesting AF.
Do you have any theory on why? Who cares if it's wild, we're just guessing.

Dogs = hero-bros
Cats = villian-scum

villain*

Well fucking duh. Animals aren't even aware they are going to die. They simply live off instinct.

Your grandma was a dumb cunt. The worst people to humans put animals on a higher standard. "We should genocide people they are horrible but not the doggos they have pure hearts teehee" I blame Jewish hypnosis through Disney films over generations.

That is fucking sick.
Ungodly.
Satanistic.

Everybody who has a soul and two eyes can see it.
"Eyes are the mirror of soul."

>animals don't have emotions

false
youtube.com/watch?v=B8ISzf2pryI

Most animals have emotions... It's advantageous for most sentient life to have emotions. Idk why that is so hard to believe

I have no problem with my cat eating me. I actually expect him to do it, should something ever happen to me.

On that note, it's fair game. Were the situations reversed, I'd eat him too.

That's our unspoken manly agreement.

Why do people act like it's the animal's fault that they can't secure their food.

They can't even open the refrigerator FFS. I always praise my dog if he catches me off guard and earns himself an extra snack.

>keeping dried food in the fridge

The cat would never "agree" to that you idiot. You can kill him at will.

>Literally cucked by a cat

Definitely.

If you ever had a dog, you can unsderstand they feel emotions. Not only that, they communicate them perfectly. With the sad faces, the happy ones, the emotions when they're expecting something ore trying to understand something, etc etc.

Also a cupboard. Didn't realize you needed an explanation for how a kitchen works.

comcast is a fag

Fuck off satan, giving me trips. I banish you.

mankind is an argument against itself and contrary to any and all postulations that sapient, technological life on this earth is at all objectively superior to there not being any get weaker by the day

This is the most kike headline Ive ever read.

Piero why do you think they're doing this? First animals then they rule WE arent capable of emotion. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING THE UK.

By the dog, the government is truly evil. It's none of the government's business to even decide whether animals are sentient or not.

>thinks animals don't have emotions
>bases this entirely on pseudo-science

>your pet will eat if you if he has to

Humans will too though...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571

next week government votes that ethnic french are animals

Animals aren't people. They are worthless eaters and non producers.

No fucking handouts for mutts, Amerimutts, and their hybrid spawn.

Fucken hell. Europe wtf?

Oh, did you determine that after you flayed your fourth neighborhood cat? Fuck off psychopath.

Not only do dogs have emotion, they can read human facial expressions and empathize with us.

Smaller dogs are psychopathic and dumb as rocks, that's why.

> animals are property.
Come to romania ya daft cunt. I know a bear you can explain that whole theory to.

oh my fucking god
that's hilarious
dogs are awesome

Crows can also read human emotions and remember faces, also they can pass on that knowledge to their offspring.

We share tons of DNA with the entire planet. But these people will all deny we have a clue what their nervous system does. Science frees people from tyranny and hardship so it must be denied.

>unironically and intentionally training your dog to be a little shit.

Well behaved dogs won't even think about grabbing a treat without permission.

>Emotion no.

This. How incredibly stupid does one have to be to not understand that animals experience emotion. Dog wags tail while playing ball with its human, happiness. Dog sits in corner with guilty look on face after doing something wrong. Smack a dog on the head and it growls in anger? Seriously, people are too stupid to figure this out?

Have these people ever ignored a dog that wants attention?

What else would you call a dog snarling and growling and showing its teeth?

Exactly
youtube.com/watch?v=4O7zkXjSQWk

A robot could be built with pressure sensors in a "tail", and could be programmed to react in "pain" when that tail is stepped on. Does that make that robot sentient?

and you'll also eat another person if hungry enough. doesn't prove lack of emotional capability

I'm tired and only just heard about this. Is this take on it correct:
British politicians are basically telling the public that if the UK leaves the EU they will permit broadly unpopular activities like fox-hunting?
The same treacherous politicians that are attempting to scuttle Brexit?
So they are trying to trick the public to thinking they have to stay in the EU so they can have EU animal rights legislation to protect the foxes?

Fear is an emotion.
Joy is an emotion.
Pleasure is an emotion.

All of which animals have, you fucking subhuman insectoid.

t. cuck

Touche, asshole. How do I know you or any other human is sentient?

>treat animals badly
>wonder why society is full of evil

Animals don't have a choice on how they survive, but humans do. Maybe karma is real.

Ohhhh spoopy