So I am 10 episodes into ZZ and so far I am enjoying it

So I am 10 episodes into ZZ and so far I am enjoying it.

Is ZZ Gundam sucks some shitty meme??

ZZ is excellent patrician as fuck, yes it's just a terrible meme parroted by delusional edgy Zeta fags.

ZZ is very enjoyable until the last 14 episodes or so where it becomes absolutely awful.

My only real problem with ZZ is the writing is a little spotty and forced at times.
COUGHRasara'sdeathCOUGH

not an anime

Better than zeta not that it means much as tomino is a hack

I much preferred it over Zeta.

it's a meme

It has best girl, of course its a great show

Judau chose poorly

We live in a world of memes

It's terrible if you absolutely loved Zeta because of the non-serious tone of the beginning. The last episodes are still shit though.

I hated ZZ, but more Haman was the best thing ever.

All gundam sucks. Trash franchise.

Have fun with Moon Moon

Lady Haman will show you the way

It's pretty terrible because it's supposed to be a comedy, but most of the "jokes" aren't even funny, it's just slapstick.
Well, I'd much rather rewatch ZZ than SEED or god forbid IBO for what it's worth.

You forgot to mention 0083

I guess I did.

This, it's a work of art.

Yes, it's a shitty meme.

The reason people get pissed off is the difference in tone early on. And there's, like, one incredibly bad episode. (Moon-moon!)

It's good.

Haman a shit

Sup Forums everybody.

Yeah, it's not bad, just average. The tone shifts too much, the narrative is pretty much nonexistent and Tomino clearly was busy with CCA during the last part of the show. People are just mad as fuck because it doesn't deliver as a sequel to Zeta.

Also all girls are best girl.

It starts extremely slow compared to most Gundam series is the biggest problem. Like it takes them about 8 episodes just to leave Shangrila and then another 8 or so episodes before the plot really starts kicking off with tons of pretty stupid hijinks in-between with every character stumbling and bumbling around in slapstick situations. It's definitely not one of the better U.C Series but as always Sup Forums can't handle any idea that isn't an extreme so if it's not a masterpiece it must be straight dog shit with nothing redeeming.

Also as always most of Sup Forums including /m/ and all the shitty sub boards doesn't actually watch anime, play games, read the news whatever and just parrot the most oft-repeated shitposts as fact so good luck getting an accurate read on literally anything here

>ahh Haman-sama!

>Tomino clearly was busy with CCA during the last part of the show
How much did he even have to do with it? From what I know it was mostly written by other guys while Tomino was busy with CCA, he pretty much just set it up to be a goofier iteration of his initial grimdark script.

Reported for posting something that isn't anime

>How much did he even have to do with it?
Considering the drop in quality of the last part? I expect that he didn't do much beyond the last episode, which is still the weakest finale of any of his Gundam shows.

A character that was considered revolutionary as a female antagonist character at the time would probably just feel standard nowadays both design and personality wise.

Zeta's finale was a piece of crap too

Best lad

The ending is shit because the originally planned one basically got repackaged as CCA. The only difference was that ZZ was going to end with Axis successfully getting dropped on earth.

I have mixed feelings about this since CCA gave us based Amuro, but the original ZZ ending sounded more interesting.

Zeta finale is fantastic you dumbass.

ZZ as whole is a severe repackage.

The legend goes that Char was originally supposed to appear and challenge Haman for leadership of Zeon in it but that the script was rewritten when the movie was greenlit and his parts were given to Gremy Toto who was made some sort of illegitimate heir to the Zabi's instead. One of the Gundam manga tries to elaborate on this by heavily implying that Gihren had some sort of affair with one of the Toto's. Anyway that's stated to be the reason why Char appears in the opening of ZZ despite never actually showing up in series.

If I had to guess when the rewrite happened it was probably around the whole return to Moon Moon and Tigerbaum colony arc where the show takes this weird detour back into slapstick land before the final arc probably to fill time and distract while the scripts were being reworked.

Cool shitpost, 5/10 for expected lack of elaboration cause you haven't seen it

It was fucking shit, man what a finale Paptimus sitting there like some immovable retard in The O a mobile suit he mentioned earlier how it was very ultra mobile and constructed for close quarters engagements.

It's bad, it gets good around the time they get on Earth, then it gets bad again and becomes fucking awful in the last few eps (to give you an idea, somebody dies tripping over fucking thin air). Chara Soon was silly as shit, Bitcha and Mondo were horribad, Glemy was lame, and Puru was the absolute worst (pretty ironic considering that her appearance marks the beginning of what would arguably the best and only genuinely decent part of the show).

Characters from Zeta were completely disrespected: Fa's treatment in the first few episodes of the show was so bad I was genuinely happy when she bailed. Bright of all people was overwhelmed by a bunch of undisciplined children and had this stupid bitch Emary thrown at him to test his love for his wife. And holy shit don't even get me started on fucking Yazan: what Tomino did to him was a fucking insult.

Haman couldn't save this shit even if she tried. Doesn't help that the show plays up her obsession with Judau so much without ever giving it a proper context or justification.

tl;dr fuck this shit, at least Kamille was there

I don't believe Tomino was ever really behind the old ZZ script. For one there's an iteration of it that was scrapped before the ending of Zeta (given Emma was to live in it) and not during the first cour of ZZ. He didn't want to correct it by padding the series (much easier than rewriting it entirely) and leaving the originally planned conclusion for a movie (see Ideon). ZZ could have ended in a sequel hook while tying up some side plot for a decent final battle. I don't know, I'm not Banrise, but burying it entirely was not inevitable. The draft that we know of isn't missing anything CCA has considering only Char and Amuro are essential while having an established side cast so it doesn't turn into Quess and Hathaway.

How the fuck did this grunt become the main villain again?

Seeing how quickly Kamille recovered from brain damage, I choose to believe he faked how serious his injuries were so he and Fa could run as far away from the new group as possible.

>tl;dr fuck this shit, at least Kamille was there

Zeta & ZZ Novels fix this by having Paptimus killing Kamille

ZZ novels aren't a sequel to Zeta's.

>Emary thrown at him to test his love for his wife
I was kind of relived when the La vie en rose blew up

>And holy shit don't even get me started on fucking Yazan
still salty

Beecha best nigga in ZZ.

ZZ is really shit until they get to Earth.

>at least Kamille was there

Uguu

>traitor scum with inconsistent as fuck characterization who sullied the Hyaku Shiki with his unworthy ass
>best anything

Most gundam series are just boring. The ones with any action or anything resembling something enjoyable to watch are called "not real Gundam".

He's characterized good as fuck, in a show where for every dumb thing he thinks up there's the rest of the crew who thinks it's no biggie, and/or a try-worthy idea, and/or still wants his dick.

I'm trying to get into gundam since I'm running out of stuff to watch on my backlog. The only one I watched so far was 08th MS team, and I liked it a lot. Which one should I watch now?

hair down Haman was pure sex

0079,TURN A rest is rubbish

This user knows what's up. Though Haman is pure sex in general, really.

Watch Xabungle next, OP, it's way more consistent and fun. Like the silly bits of ZZ but a whole series, also way more creative. The best silly Tomino.

I enjoyed ZZ. The first 10-15 episodes were terrible to be honest though, they take too long to set up the plot.

People hate it because they watched Zeta before so they expected ZZ to continue the edginess.

ZZ is bretty gud although the first half of the show is kinda hit or miss

The ending of Zeta is literally the only thing good about that show. Seeing that threeway fight to the death was amazing.

Too bad the rest of the show is fucking awful.

The weakest part of the show is the last when they let the kids manage the ship.

>Is ZZ Gundam sucks some shitty meme??
yes

ZZ a best

Mashymre deserved a better end. he was a good boy

ZZ's finale might be the single most nonsensically written part of the franchise. with a better finale id dare say it was a decent show cause the arcs on earth were genuinly exciting, but jesus lord tomino any episode 37 and up is seriously the worst shit hes put into a gundam show barring maybe the final 4 episodes of G-reco where even the budget shit on itself.

ZZ is trash, could be salvageable in a remake if they dont retcon a certain characters death like ZZ did.

Its alright if you didnt just watch it right after watching Zeta

>Shitting on Zeta, which is probably one of the best Real Robot shows ever made
No wonder I avoid Sup Forums mecha threads.

ZZ is retarded to no point, ZETA wast literally the best gundam show.

>PTSD and death is EDGY in a war centric show
kys.

>Is ZZ Gundam sucks some shitty meme??
No but if you're enjoying it so far you'll probably enjoy the rest of the series.

ZZ is hated because people liked Zeta and wanted more of that.

This. That lousy traitorous bastard ruined my hyaku shiki