Remember when people actually liked this arc? Those were dark times

Remember when people actually liked this arc? Those were dark times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kqjt8928kT4&t=1h09m17s
youtube.com/watch?v=GdRRgfgeVUg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thats the best arc.

Use the catalog retard

Suck my dick /vg/

Most suspense moment in the franchise.

Indeed. I can't stand cell arc. It has the best concept, but it's just so poorly executed that it pisses me off.

>Gohan taking up the mantle?
Great.
>Not focusing on gohan AT ALL until post-time chamber?
A completely fucked way of handling it. Additionally, going the "I don't want to fight anyone" route doesn't really work when you think about how gohan acts after the saiyan arc. He's super gung ho about fighting frieza and is up for fighting the androids. So, it makes no sense that his character shifts so drastically in order to keep the transformation dramatic.

The entire situation surrounding Cell's absorption of the androids was also awful. If he was such a big threat, why did they even bother fighting android 17 whose energy CANNOT BE FELT AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE SEARCHED?

Goku can teleport virtually ANYWHERE, so there is ZERO REASON to fight them until Vegeta and Trunks leave the time chamber. Hell, Goku could've teleported the androids away while Tien and Piccolo were doing their things vs Imperfect Cell.

It's worse since Cell is the only arc that tries to take itself 100% seriously, so these flaws become way more glaring than if it were half comedy like Buu or have a bunch of comedic bits and odd character quirks sprinkled throughout that make it flow like Namek.

People don't like the Android/Cell Saga anymore?

This is DBZ not DBS.

Nope.

>Everything could have been prevented years before it happened but happens anyway exclusively because of MUH SAIYAN BATTLE JUNKIE PRIDE
Goddamned monkeys.

That's the last good arc of dbz

I liked it for Cell.

Android/Cell arc was the best outside of Namek.

Also, I prefer that it took itself almost 100% seriously. It fit what's going on much better than what Super is trying to do. In fact, most of DBZ (non-filler) took itself very seriously when it came to villains and fights, until goofy-ass childlike Majin Buu came along. And guess what? He was the worst of the main villains.

Fight me, you contrarian fucks.

Cell was a good antagonist (not villain).

A lot of people liked that arc, you're not really taking a bold stance there

it sucked

Barely anybody likes the Cell arc.

lol

It was actually pretty hype until Cell started voring cyborgs, Satan being the only saving grace after that.

here I am!

I think both of these sagas are great.

In fact, lately I've been thinking about Buu saga, I actually find myself enjoying it more as time goes. Not to mention great animation.

Cell saga is amazing. Has the best fights, story, and character designs in the entire series.

Goku is a good protagonist who is not a hero.

Him saving Earth is a side-effect of beating strong guys who get him excited.

First time he actually fought specifically to save the Earth was Buu Saga.

Nah man. That shit got me hard as a kid when I saw 18 getting it.

Gohan was not gung ho to fight frieza because he had a boner for combat. He wanted to fight him because freeza was a threat to him and a million others. The shit he pulled just pissed gohan off. Same with the androids. He wanted to save the earth not enjoy fighting.

Piccolo fought 17 to kill him and prevent cell from absorbing him.

It's still better than Buu's and anything in Super/GT.

>First time he actually fought specifically to save the Earth was Buu Saga.
And that was after fucking up a lot of times beacause he didn't want to save the Earth and let the next generation do the job.

The Buu Saga is full retard anyway.
>Buu is so strong! He killed Majin Vegeta, who is my equal now! Fusion is the only way to win!
>LOL jk, I can go SSJ3
>LOL I could've killed Buu as SSJ3 but I didn't do it because I want to let the next generation do the job even though I still get all the limelight

The Buu Saga is where Toriyama starts breaking down. To compare it to Star Wars, Buu saga is Toriyama's Return of the Jedi: still solid, still feels like it belongs with the original but with just enough flaws that they can't be overlooked and a harbinger of things to come.

>Building up Gotenks as Earth's final line of defense
>He's a meme
>Gohan's "I am here to kill you" moment
>Can't catch an earring
Goku is smarter than we are giving him credit for. Pic related is exactly how he felt.

It doesn't go to shit because of the voring, it's just the point where the arc starts sucking badly.

Still better than MUH SAIYAN PRIDE.

And Goku actually is proven right time and after time. Look at how everyone became a jobber and only he and Vegeta are the ones who keep at it. More and more stronger and more dangerous things keep popping up and had it not been for them everyone would be dead 10 times over already.

No wonder he gave up on his family and decided to fuck off with Uub.

There's also Pan too who's like the first half-breed that finally inherited the battle junkie saiyan genes. Just took him two generations.

Said no one ever.

That's the best arc.

Goku versus Cell is legit my favorite fight in the entire serie, mostly because of the respect factor involved.

If you're retarded, sure.

The franchise should have ended with Frieza's defeat on Namek.

That said, Android/Cell Sagas were worth it for 18.

In the end Krillin won.

It was good for side characters. It was the last moment side characters like Piccolo and Ten Shinhan are relevant and even Android 16 gets a pretty great fight.

If you think about it, Cell is probably the character with the most potential (in terms of power) in all of Dragon Ball.

If you think about it, nobody cares.

Buu Saga should've followed Toriyama's original ideas and have Goten take up his father's role. When you look at the Z fighters, Goten looks so out of place.

Everything after Frieza is shit but Cell/the Androids is definitely the shittest.

Goten was a mistake and no one knows what to do with him. He's little more than Trunks' fusion material.

Which is a shame because he's kid who spent least time with Goku, in fact, he first met him only when he was 8.

Exactly.

Go fuckyourself you turd.

Perfect Cell barely qualified as a villain once he achieved perfection. Destroying the army that attacked him was self defense and he only really caused some mischief when he took over the TV stations.

>not liking the best arc
lol faggot

Did you forget the part where he wanted to kill everyone on the planet for shits and giggles if he won the Cell Games or something? I swear the "did nothing wrong" meme has gotten out of hand.

He only tried to self destruct and kill everyone when he reverted back to Semi-perfection. Perfect Cell is a higher form of being beyond petty villainy.

>being a Cell fanboy
I don't understand this meme. Regardless, it was Perfect Cell who announced the Cell Games and laid out the rules.

I'm not a Cell fanboy. I just recognize that Perfect Cell's actual acts of villainy is a tiny list. Call it bad writing. Call it an atypical antanogist. It doesn't matter.

Cell Games was just there to force people to face him at their peak of power. It is a fucking tournament. Literally nothing wrong with that. Perfect Cell is just Goku level obsessiveness with fighting without Goku level innocence. Semi-perfect Cell is a paranoid coward willing to kill himself and everyone else if he fails.

The Android/Cell arc was the worst thing to ever happen to DB.

Imperfect Cell knew he was out-powered by almost every relevant character, and played it safe and smart until he was strong enough to catch Android 17 and a weakened Piccolo by surprise and then absorb the former. Semi-perfect Cell was a cocky, brash asshole obsessed with eating 18, until Vegeta appeared and kicked his ass, but still smart enough to manipulate and fool a Saiyan with the promise of a good fight. Perfect Cell was basically a (even more) sociopathic Saiyan who gave two shits about anything that wasn't having fun testing his new powers, unless he actually met someone powerful enough to make him his bitch, in which case he went nuts. Super Perfect Cell had simply gone off the deep end after Gohan humiliated him, and went kinda nuts as a result.

You're kinda nuts.

Dude, Cell is Cell, semi or perfect are just transformations. It's pointless to differentiate between each transformation's "acts of villainy".

Why didn't Goku just teleport Cell into the Time-Chamber?

Right and so what was preventing him from fighting cell who, you know, was threatening to destroy everyone ok the planet and the universe?

He definitely fought but for him to really lose his shit and crush someone he has to get angry. Otherwise hell fight for sure but hell still have his inhibitions. Thats why cell was trying to push his buttons.

>two humans with some Red Ribbon tech in them manage to surpass the evil galactic emperor feared across the universe for his power
Fucking stupid

I'd that this is arguable...

Although, it's for certain that it set the stage for complete dominance by the Saiyans and their transformations though, and it unfortunately resulted in the rest of the cast being unimportant. At this point, only Piccolo has some semblance of importance, and it's mainly due to how wise he is due to having fused with Kami.

Hide and seek Cell was pretty shit, and then the good guys making terrible choices through the entire arc.

No in he manga Gohan literally says he refuses to fight cell. But as we can tell from previous arcs gohan has no real problem with fighting for the sake of others. This plot point was only used so the transformation would be more dramatic but in reality it was just poorly written

>Hell, Goku could've teleported the androids away while Tien and Piccolo were doing their things vs Imperfect Cell.

androids don't have power levels so he wouldn't be able to sense them.

Also, Goku is a saiyan and most likely secretly wanted to challenge Perfect Cell.

where is all this cell saga hate coming from?

Cell saga to me was the best saga, hands down. You could tell this was the last serious arc and all the characters got awesome fight scenes. Nothing beats Tien, whos clearly outclassed in every way in this arc keeping cell fused with 17 down until 18 can flee. Piccolos hellzone grenade was the shit. Vegeta's Final flash was a fucking cannon. Goku's instant transmission kamehameha was great. And nothing beats Gohan turning SSJ2 for the first time and showing glimpses of it in the hyperbolic time chamber. When he's been beat the hell out of by Goku and says "wait...lets keep going!" and flashes that inner potential we've seen thoughout the series and then when he just snapped and ran though Cell for a while....The shit. I love how he doesn't even flinch when Cell shoots a kamehameha at him and calmly shoots the biggest kamehameha to date.

Say what you want, cell saga was a great end to the series. Buu saga was pure shit, but cell saga was classic DBZ with an amazing ending. If only Gohan had actually taken over instead of becoming a total jobber...

All I remember is he was fighting cell and he literally told him he could only bring out all his hidden potential when enraged. I remember them fighting. He went into the ring and fought him. Youre misremembering.

Gohan was supposed to be the new protag but retards wanted Goku back

>I could've killed Buu as SSJ3
This part is wrong. He admits that Buu wasn't using his full power.

Who the fuck likes Gohan? He shit even before growing up.

OG Fat Buu = Super Buu and the only difference is that Super Buu has full control of his power. Prove me wrong.

>Gohan's "I am here to kill you" moment
this, the buu arc was the death of every character that wasn't goku that was gohans last chance and he fucked it up
I enjoyed the cell arc dbz could of legit ended there
>smug cell
>Android 17 vs Piccolo
>The androids in general
>Vegeta being cool but still getting cucked
>ssj2
>Goku not killing the threat
>Goku getting checked by Piccolo for being a shit dad
why don't you guys like the arc and which one is the best in all of z

Fuck off, everyone liked Gohan in the cell arc. He only lost fans because he stopped training and is now weak as shit.

Gohan doesn't refuse to fight Cell, he just says he doesn't want to, which is perfectly in line with his character. I doubt he was thrilled about all of the battles on Namek.

I remember when I didn't like it all that much.
Dragon Ball Super is so fucking bad however, that it has given me new appreciation for all of DB/Z and even GT.

Gohan didn't refuse to fight, he just didn't want to use his full powers because he had little control over them and was worried what he would do with them.

And in the end he was correct, his lack of control almost got the entire planet destroyed.

>who is not a hero.
>Him saving Earth is a side-effect of beating strong guys who get him excited.

This is a load of horseshit. Goku was more than willing to fight to help people and protect earth independently of whether he could get a good fight or not.

Read Dragon Ball sometime.

I'm gonna post some screenshots and maybe some posters of my favorite art of DBZ.

I really liked Cell saga and Namek saga style art. Saiyan Saga was a bit TOO 80s for me, it was Hokuto no Ken as fuck.

Cell saga in my opinion had the best style of art ... and yes I know that's the saga where Superfags get all their handful of "bad" drawings.

Side note: Dragonball died when they reduced the size of everyone's hair.

That arc was literally 10/10 until Gohan started fighting.

Superbly done fight scene. Hardly see this nowadays in the anime industry since it's geared to cuteness.

1 reason why Namek will be one of my favorite arcs.

This isn't true at all, most people love that arc. The ones that hate it are a vocal minority.

Saiyan>Cell>Namek>Androids

A perfect summary of DBZ during Dragonballs' zenith.

The darkness representing the maturity of the anime, the light representing the raw power of the heroes.

Such shit taste. The Androids where the most exciting refreshing villains in DBZ. Their character design alone was one of the best.

Reminder.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kqjt8928kT4&t=1h09m17s

Also, the Android saga had one of my favorite fights where Vegeta got BTFO the hardest.

One reason that DBZ excelled was their wise use of repeated frames.

Lightning fast battles used the same few frames to give a realistic fight at high speed, saving time and money to create better quality art and animation for other scenes.

DB Super was all over the place ... they tried to do too much with too little time.

old DBZ promo art was awesome

I'm going to congratulate myself on this trips.

Now. Another uses of a still frame but only Freeza moves a tiny bit, smoke frames repeat as usual, while Goku is VERY well drawn and yet still, saving money and losing NO quality of art.

kek someone actually made this

People are fucking retarded man, fuck em. Android/Cell really was the best saga.

Aand I'll congratulate myself on these wonderful dubs.

Here is another very epic poster art.

The feel that DBZ is giving you is oozing from the art..

No doubt about it.

Any of you guys have that promo pic of goku in frieza saga torn clothes just after going super saiyan?

I learned to draw people with that.

the Hit Song collection CDs also have god-tier art.

it's a really bland arc before cell youtube.com/watch?v=GdRRgfgeVUg

The artist did a magnificent job rendering Vegeta.

It seems Toei can't hope to compete with it's past self, even in still frames.

Now if only there was a perfect torrent of Dragon Ball Z out there

The QUALITY of yesterday's DBS was really on a tier of it's own.

you mean of episodes or art?

God, that color palette, beautiful.

Could it be this one?

There's a lot of promo art (thankfully of course).

Made by the same talented artist. You could guess that their skills grew as the anime went on.

Super is 60+ episodes in .. we see nominal improvement. Besides Vegito having 7 fucking fingers as he uses goku's teleportation technique.

episodes. DBNL's is good though so I can't complain

>Could it be this one?

Nah, just found it actually thanks.