Two years later, what does Sup Forums think of FSNUBW?

Two years later, what does Sup Forums think of FSNUBW?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jnCDIMfirw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's my last resort if I ever want to watch Fate

It's fucking trash.

BORING

why is it fucking trash?

I know it's coming so

>I don't know how to get into Fate because i'm a retard! WHAT DO?

Read the VN, all three routes are necessary to complete F/SN as a story
Fate, UBW and HF

>But i'm a fucking retarded shitposter and don't want to read

You should still read it but:

Watch 2006 anime
Watch UBW 2014
Watch the upcoming Heaven's Feel movies that are coming now in 2017

The order cannot be changed and routes cannot be skipped.

So congrats, you now finished F/SN. If you want you can follow it with the pseudo sequel, Hollow Ataraxia.

Do whatever you want with the rest of the franchise in whatever order you want

>B-b-but now I want to get into Tsukihime
Read the VN

>But i'm a fucking retard and I don't want to read
>Also i'm 12 and it looks ugly so I don't want to read Tsukihime

You should still read it, but you have the manga as an alternative, the manga is an incredible adaptation of the first route while adding things from the 2nd and 3rd one to make it more of a self conclusive story. You'd still need to read the VN if you want to get Tsukihime but you'll have basic knowledge if you read the manga

Just like Fate you can play the Tsukihime pseudo-sequels though be warned there's an order to be followed

+DISC>KT>MB FT>MB AC ver.B >MBAACC

Congrats now that you've finished

>And what about Kara no Kyoukai?

1-Read the novels, they're really good
2-Watch the anime movies(in release order), they're lacking compared to the novels but they're still really good. If you ever feel like you don't understand something then it's because the anime handled it poorly or cut that explanation(happens a lot)

You know what's a great idea for the first episode of a series? 50 minutes of magicbabble and other wanking over how servants work. Really gets people hooked.

It's better than the literal hours of this shit + boring as fuck school scenes that the VN had, but not by much.

The FSN anime is also lacking compared to the VN though

And?

>best route

It can't have been two years since it finished airing. I refuse to believe it.

Slow but still watchable at first, ending got unbearable. Should have been 13 episodes.

Better than the average LN/VN adaptation. What people complain about is like 10% of skipped internal monologues or slice of life scenes, which is absolutely fine compared to other TV ports.

Most secondaries that come from Fate/Zero though will like the Heaven's Feel movies much more, since it's a "continuation" of the hijinks of Zouken, Kotomine and gives closure to the Sakura storyline.

So yeah, I liked it. HF remains my favorite route though.

Good adaptation of a SHIT route

>archer
>uses swords
disgust for plebs

The show itself is good and well made, but the route they are adapting is retarded.
>Saber weak as shit
>Saber jobs to chink with magic
>Gil jobs to Shirou

>Gil
>Not jobbing against everyone due to his arrogance

>knight-protector/mother Saber
>bossy Rin
>hypnotist lolidom Ilya

If Shirou didn't already have a femdom fetish from the mommy issues of growing up without one, he sure has it after stay night.

He doesn't job in stay night. Would hardly call being defeated by Sabre with Avalon "jobbing".

HF is even worse than UBW in that regard.

Alright, in Fate he does use most tools at his disposal (save the chains). It's too bad the route itself has to be the most entry level and wastes so much time on lore dumps and explanations.
It's the only satisfying end to Girugamesh's rampage.

Yeah and that in the end makes stay night my favourite, even with all the bullshit. I watched Zero before UBW and both in sequence, so for me the final battle with Gilgamesh had been hyped up for ~48 episodes before I got cockblocked.

Of course I already knew the ending, but I still felt fucking robbed.

>tfw hitting reply too soon

Anyway the anime just drove home my dislike for the UBW route, finales wrap everything up and are extremely important, fucking it up that bad is just bad.

Too bad the adaptation of stay night was made by fucking deen

What's wrong with UBW route?

I agree. Stop trying to pull our leg OP.

great animation
youtube.com/watch?v=jnCDIMfirw8

I think that Sakura is a shit

Now that things cooled down, let's talk about UBW (the new version that is). This series simply works on every level and is a work of art. From the cinematography, the fantastic score by Hideyuki Fukasawa, the themes and characters. I love how serious Miura takes his world and manages to keep you on the edge of your seat for 26 episodes. From that beautiful opening where we see the inferno to Shirou meeting Waver in London.

Miura delivered a work of art, but is misunderstood. I think that audiences and critics simply don't like (or are incapable of) using their brain while watching a movie. The story is told through it's visuals, but in this day and age you need 10 minutes of boring exposition of every single detail without people getting confused.

Time will be kind to UBW and Miura. Who once and for all proved he is one of the best directors of all time and maybe the very best walking this earth. Thank you Miura, thank you for everything.

You might be thinking this is some weird parody. But I mean every single word. Too bad his genius is misunderstood.

I'd rather just point people towards Extra/CCC

How good is the translation of the KnK novels? I love the movies and got myself the bd box after seeing the last one in a cinema.

why is shirou so fucking useless

Blame Kiritsugu. He didn't teach Shirou anything worthwhile except strengthening and projection, skipped the basics and ignored the typical magus modus operandi (magus life and civilian life are separated).

Now I'm going on a bit of a rant here, but when the Zero secondaries complain about Shirou being weak they should look to no other than their hero (of justice), Kiritsugu for being a bad (ultimately good, in truth) teacher at that.

unlimited budget works

Sounds great to keep ADD secondaries out, why are you complaining?

She is indeed.

>Watch 2006 anime

>Watch UBW

Read the VN.

Ha ha, yeah, that sounds ludicrous, who would believe

>1st episode aired 4th October 2014

It's kinda shit, way too embellished and the terms they use for Nasuverse lore are dumb, but it's better than nothing.

There was an official translation of the first chapter that is pretty good (pic related), but the company went defunct before they could get to everything else.

It finished airing in like august 2015 or something though, which is what he was talking about.

Last time I checked KnK was only translated until vol 3
Or is this one of this go learn nip moments?

Also, this
come to think of it, the barrier of entry to his hellhole is absurd

The whole thing has been translated for years

It's all translated, but if you're a TMfag you should be learning Nip anyway because
1) The translations for everything Nasu are shit
2) Mahoyo
3) Tsukihime when it comes out

Tsukihime, FSN, KNK and Mahoyo. That's it.

And Extra CCC. I guess Grand Order as well now tha I'm at it

>Grand Order
but why would you want to play that shit with a good translation

The anime? Because the anime was baller. The movie was garbage though.

To enjoy the fanservice in events, and apparently Camelot and America were good. Then Babylon is supposedly ridiculously large

Frigging Garden of Avalon Too

Ok guess I know what to read this winter

>HF is even worse than UBW in that regard.
No, it's not. Gilgamesh decapitated Sakura and disemboweled her. He was jumped by the shadow when his back was turned but Sakura WAS dead.

>"What is it, Your Majesty?"
>"Oh, just that if he skinned the beast himself, I have high hopes for him."
Seeing the wry smile on the King of Heroes' face, Tine realized what those words meant. This Heroic Spirit — the epitome of strength — hoped that the archer standing before him possessed strength to rival his own. Surely he would have condemned an ordinary Heroic Spirit who relied on the power of a Noble Phantasm to swat aside his treasures as irreverent.
Tine was reconfirmed in the belief that the bowman under her gaze was a fearsome enemy. He was, after all, sufficient to give this great and proud king "high hopes."

It's not though.

Retards like you just make a big deal out of it because you can't understand that people might NOT WANT to check the VN.

1-Play the VN
2-Watch the anime in order

That's literally it, there's no mistery about it. It would take you less than a week to finish the first anime if you dedicate it 1 hour a day, which is nothing.

WHAT THE FUCK IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS

5 years since Zero
10 years since FSN anime
16 years since Tsukihime