Why battle school harem anime are so despised by anime fans in general?

Why battle school harem anime are so despised by anime fans in general?

Because anime fans have shit taste.

because digibro told me so

By anime fans, I assume you mean MAL and reddit, because Sup Forums actually likes them.

Because they're for underage faggots who haven't seen more than 10 shows.

Julis a shit.

Claudia a best.

FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT

Because it's the most blatant "give money pls" crap a studio can put out

>have a bunch of big dumb fight scenes (bonus points if they're in some kind of fighting school)
>put in a bunch of sexy girls and have them all lust over a gary stu MC that is smart and powerful enough to be better than everyone else but bland enough to self-insert into
>introduce an interesting concept or two, but never do anything with them past occasionally saying they're there so you can pretend it's deeper than it is
>collect otaku bucks

Not to say they can't occasionally be entertaining or anything but Battle Harem is the retarded offspring of the worst aspects of Shonen and Harem anime and I can see why people often say they hate the genre as a whole.

Because its lazy and all the same.

What would I give for a battle school harem that is SoL oriented instead of focusing on the over-elaborate yet not very imaginative "plot" involving terrorists, family troubles, the big tournament, whatever.

I'd watch that, if only because it would be different.

Name a single example of a good battle scool harem anime. If you're struggling to think of any, then that should be all the answer you need.

So, Inou Battles?

Rosario+Vampire

MAL and reddit is over there

Because they are not even bad, they are mediocre.
Because they think that breaking the fourth wall allow you to do the cliches you pointed out.
Because it would be better if they were full harem or full battle, instead of doing a mix.

Mahouka

how would you know what they like/dislike unless you've been there faggot? Quit projecting your bullshit onto everyone else.

>cheap sell
>degrade women
>universally bland and/or hilariously overpowered MC
>little to no characterization on any fronts
>poor writing that goes nowhere out of any comfort zone
>standard tropey shit
>predictable plot
>enough plot armor to clothe the red army

>>universally bland and/or hilariously overpowered MC

(sarcasm) We sure love our retardly dense and weak protaganists dont we user. They are sooo much more relatable and fun to watch.(/sarcasm)

The characters aquire their power trough training shown offscreen. Beside most antoganist are either stronger or overpowered to match it.

>degrade women
Every harem anime ever you dimwit

>little to no characterization on any fronts
>poor writing that goes nowhere out of any comfort zone
>predictable plot

Almost every anime ever

Not liking strong MCs, not liking everything. Why watch anime at all user? Go watch some western cartoon network and disney animations.

It's one of the few genres which is exclusively targeted at straight men

So normalfags, women and moefags hate it

Great argument my man. Now explain why "everyone does it lol" is a good thing.

>everyone does it lol

Its not at all, be is asterisk war, rakudai kishi no cavalry, seikoku no dragonar, seirei ssukai no blade dance or any other harem battle academy show. They are all same shit. But we still watch them despite knowing they are exactly what said. But here is the thing, we love that shit, we crave it, japan eats it up like its made of gold and they love it. Despite their flaws they have a charm to them. Even tho its a overused genre and has minimum to no creativity we still like watching them because its all we get, thats all we gonna get unless someone creates a better genre for us to use as escapism. But like pointing out what we allready know and have dicussed a million times triggers me. We need a better argument against harem/academy/isekai shows other then overpowered MCs and poor plot. Because those two arguments can be applied to why 70% of all 2000+ animes are bad and hated.

i like them, they're fun

Entry level anime fans who hate fan service, which battle harem is full of.

Because there is no point in making them now that pic related exists.

Mediocre series that went downhill and has one of the worst sequels ever.

Sekirei

>color wars
Good times. I miss those threads.

Liking tits and violence is just as entry level as freaking out when you see tits and violence in your Filipino zoetropes.

If Japanese viewers were as obsessed with self-insertion as Westerners think they are, all-female shows like Love Live would not be nearly as popular and numerous.

A male character is not a vessel for self-insertion just because he has no outrageous or deep personality. There's not even any need to self-insert in the first place.

This

I can recognise you by the bs you constantly post

Love Live fanbase is like half female

battle school harem is best genre

prove me wrong! PRO TIP dekinai yo!

>But we still watch them
Speak for yourself. I haven't watched a battle harem since like Sekirei or some shit.

I summon Stellafag

Because this type of show has no originality. Gakusen toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi came out in the same season. The first episodes were the exact same.
>MC walks in on girl naked
>she challenges to duel
>she loses duel
>she's a fire wielder
>she's a princess

Setting was the exact same.
>school for kids who manifest weapon from soul
>fight in duels and tournaments

It doesn't get much more unoriginal than that.

>Mahouka
Not a harem.

I agree with these anons.

That said I watch them and enjoy them all the same. They're still shit though.

Exactly.

You know whats really funny. These guys that trash on harem or action anime all the time, but these are the same faggots that watch these boring SoLs with an all-female cast, and zero plot.

They'll watch the same derivative bullshit over and over again every fucking season, and say its good. Oh yeah, and not to mention these full on BL shows, and reverse harems that are almost never criticized to the extent that the harem genre is.

It must be feminism at it again, I guess. Men like this stuff, so all of the women and the nu-males have to shit on it.

This is not to say that I think harems or action shounen are great. I will judge everything equally based on the plot. But I find it hilarious that these guys that hate harems, but love SoLs have the gall to criticize. The shows they usually like bore me to tears constantly because they never bother to attempt at even a basic plot, because "that's not what the genre is about". It's about cute girls doing cute things!

Well shit man, maybe harems are all about tits and ass, you fucking hypocrite.

Because most adaptations of it are pretty lazy, and contrary as redditors like to believe, it's not a bad formula, but it requires good execution.

It's not that different from most battle shonen adaptations, since those tend to suck too from the same reasons.

These all-female shows are mostly watched and supported by men, and otaku have a long history of making works where the main characters are female.

Why do you think people who dislike harems also dislike battle shounen?

I don't hate them, I can completely understand why they are liked but at the same time every time I go to watch them I'm bored to tears, I would be fine if one was done right but both the fights and girls are so mediocre that I just get bored when i'm watching one.

>The shows they usually like bore me to tears constantly because they never bother to attempt at even a basic plot, because "that's not what the genre is about". It's about cute girls doing cute things!
Not everything needs to have a plot, but "cute girls doing cute things" is not what these shows are about.

You guys can all me a faggot, and I know at least one person will, but I enjoyed Asterisk and liked Saya and Kirin.

Yeah when you compare it to the other popular idol franchise Idolm@ster the female/male ratio is way different

This. The formula's not bad, but it has to be done right and it usually isn't.

This. But looks like it's already fall of battle haremtrash. Look at this season
>Sol, sol, sol, /u/, /u/, BL, BL
>no haremtrash
BL is future of anime

The harem genre as a whole suffers from chronic unoriginality, not to mention the MC's are often bland.

I watch every harem that comes out every season, and I enjoy them. But you have to be blind to not see the flaws.

You are not a faggot user. Saya and Kirin are cute

>implying I despise them
>implying Sup Forums or any anime community is one person
The point of harems is to get a harem end and most of them don't do that instead they become a love marathon between girls and there can be only one winner just because.

>implying harems aren't solely about the girls as well

And no before you even start, I like SoLs and harems you little fucboi.

You sound retarded considering the fujoshit flops from the previous seasons.

They hate battle shounen, they hate isekai, and they hate harems. The idea of a self-insert MC triggers them, and I'm not sure why.

God forbid, if the show has all of the above, its pretty much over.

I blame SAO mostly. It got way too popular for its own good, and ever since then, this whole genre has been shitted on.

I would say the only reason Re-Zero got popular with the normalfags is because despite being an isekai genre, Subaru was such a pathetic piece of shit main character that you could not possibly self-insert as him even if you wanted to.

I was highlighting the fact that they criticize the harem genre for having a weak cliche plot, fanservice, and bland MCs. Yet despite this, they continue on watching their SoL flavor of the month with zero plot and everyday life and say 10/10 masterpiece.

I'm sorry, I just hate these types of fans. This is the type of reddit and MAL scum that I find pretty laughable.

SoL and BL have always been the present and future, which is why I'm slowly picking up other hobbies at this point.

Yes they are bland, but it is no different than any other flavor of the month. Harems just get criticized much more harshly for no reason.

>I was highlighting the fact that they criticize the harem genre for having a weak cliche plot, fanservice, and bland MCs. Yet despite this, they continue on watching their SoL flavor of the month with zero plot and everyday life and say 10/10 masterpiece.
Are you sure they are the same people? Not that there's really a double involved anyway. Harem and "moe" shows aren't the same thing.

Flavor of the month doesn't actually mean anything by the way.

>there can be only one winner just because.
I think most people prefer it that way. I'm not against a true harem end, but I remember a while back there was an epidemic of harems with bland MC, and no ending whatsoever other than "lol lets just all stay friends". I don't want to go back to that, I need closure user.

Haremshit deserves to be demonized.

Being cliche done to death garbage alongside having Infinite Stratos, Demon King Color Wars, and SAO as things deserve hatred

The problem with the self-insert MC is that they are so without personality and character.

I prefer my anime to have an interesting MC as opposed to a boring one.

They aren't self-insert MCs. You just think they are because you think in terms of self-insertion.

Well, forgetting about the self insertion part just focus on the last half of my post.
>I prefer my anime to have an interesting MC as opposed to a boring one.
Even though I like to insert myself into the strangest places that's all I mean.

Which is a shame.

Make the mc a vagrant looking for something/with an objective, just make him go around the world and make him stumble on the the rest and it would be instantly more palatable, even with those other negative trademarks.

Just the fact that these shitty series have to be in school and the whole world/plot revolves around tournament/school regulations forbids me from even trying them.

>DxD
>Battle School
Why are you associating high-class harems with such excrement, friend?

Not in general, but many do consider battle harem genre bottom of the barrel works. I, for one, love battle harem, but I can understand why they hate it. The writing tend to be poor and full of fanservice pandering in order to compensate for bad plot and character development. On the bright side, battle harem tend to be fun, silly, and cool with interesting concepts.

It's the worst part of the shitiest genres in anime with none of the redeeming qualities of either.

I love harems. However battle harems, school ones specifically, are far worse than their other contemporaries in the genre.

Is there a battle harem next season?

Which is fine, I can respect a position like that. You've made peace with their inherent traits and that's cool.

I can make that leap when the series brings something interesting to the table if only just for me, otherwise I drop all of the series on first episode if nothing catchy is presented.

As such I've made my peace and can admit eating up moe garbage and all-female bait shows with liking original Color Wars with the MC not wanting any of it at first, Mahouka for it's ironic ability to make a robot dodge the harem, and 35th for it's ability to make it revolve around the "work" most of the time.

I could point all the flaws in those shows or my favorite kirara shows and it only rubs me the wrong way when people jerk off their "favorites" like it has no flaws and is the best thing ever.

>I need closure user.
Is the harem finally agreeing to share not enough closure, user? If you want that goo read standard romcoms.

There is one which is a battle harem similar to kuusen madoushi where MC is a teacher. The title has the keyword akashic records iirc.

>tfw there will never be a battle school anime where there's a balanced cast members
>tfw there will never be a battle school anime where everyone has a crush on everyone instead of everyone focusing on a single beta

Rewrite S2. Maybe Grandblue and KonoSuba S2 as well.

What makes you think the protagonist of a battle harem show must be a "beta"? Have you ever watched them?

Like I said I'm okay with a true harem end. A lot don't end that way though. Dense MC stays dense, and from episode 1 to episode 12 nothing changes in the relationship between characters.

I prefer a clear ending, whether it's a harem end, or an ending with just a single girl, as opposed to an end where nothing has changed from the beginning.

>balanced
Explain

>tfw there will never be a battle school anime where there's a balanced cast members
>tfw there will never be a battle school anime where everyone has a crush on everyone instead of everyone focusing on a single beta
Isn't that basically what Mahou Koukou is?

Everyone wants Tatsuya's dick

Did F/SN made Battle Harems popular just like SAO made Isekai popular?

No, IS popularized battle academy harems while FSN might have had to do with the increase in urban battle fantasy, harem or not.

Basically I want cast members to just stuck with what they have and use their head instead of asspull last minute power.

>IS
My bad. Forgot that existed.

Blame Harry Potter.

So you want no upgrades at all?

They can but they gotta earn it. And we get to seem them struggling for it

So how come harem authors just do this?
>make a story about a dude and his harem of girls
>all of them gets the same amount of screentime
>all of them actually have a chance of winning
>last volume/ last 10 chapter arrives
>the author does a /tg/ roll deciding which girl will win ONCE
>sticks with the result

That girl who used to be a terrorist ended up with that one guy. The megane will end up with spirit magic guy. Sword girl will end up with Leo.

That leaves Kaichou, Imouto, and classmate girl for Tatsuya. That's still borderline harem, but it's different from many other battle harems in that male supporting cast is halfway alright, and some of the females go for them.

So how come harem author don't just do this*

Think about what you just wrote.
If 'anime fans' hate them so, why is there at least 2 new ones every season?

Pretty close until the the last two.
But even then, some girls had more favoritism

>If 'anime fans' hate them so, why is there at least 2 new ones every season?
Not anymore!

He's probably talking about the western side of the anime fandom. Youtube anime reviewers and casual anime fans tend to dislike them.

That's Japan and they love battle harem. It's the most frequent genre that never stops popping up. Isekai currently is right behind it. Interesting to note, a lot of fantasy battle harem and isekai authors are chuunis.

Sports and magical girl anime, among others, have come out on a consistent basis since long before the battle harem genre even existed.

>MC is just a cool dude who goes around literally fucking bitches and being a badass

Why can't we have shows like this?

Basically why can't we have a non-h Rance.

At least you don't like pink houki.
Claudia a best.

If you've seen one you've seen them all. Or at least 90% of them

Predating before the genres exploded doesn't mean it's the most frequent now, user. There are endless stories being created for battle harem and isekai ever since it genre exploded in the hundreds in just a couple of years, and it's still expanding. The majority of them are unpublished WN or are obscure.

All the main girls are shit from that series.

Claudia is the worst Asterisk though. I feel like I owe you a (You) for forcing houki meme when it doesn't apply.

They're more frequent than battle harem and isekai shows. You're really overestimating their prevalence.

Julis > Saya > Kirin > Claudia