Is Jimmy Kudo a gary stu?

Is Jimmy Kudo a gary stu?

Yes

Depends.

What do you think a "Gary Stu" is?

All detective protagonists basically are, across all mediums.

>Jimmy
Please.

How would you avoid that? Split the skillset of your typical uber detective between 3 characters?

Or just try to portray your detective as having some other severe flaws.

Not completely Sup Forums but I've seen my share of this format and it isn't much better. The problem is the majority of them are written in a 1-2 epiosde format. The flaws might pay off in the long run but you've got 80% of the story dedicated to the autistic crimebusters being pretty much perfect.

>jimmy

>"My name is Jimmy Kudo."

In the Phoenix Wright games, all of the main characters manage to avoid coming off as Sues despite always saving the day.

No, he's canonically worse than his dad and Kaito who is also worse than his own dad.

>english dub
hahahahahaha

Yes, but always get saved by the last minute because the prosecutor decided to be a faggot and gave the characters a chance.

The ones from more procedural based shows like the detective from Law and Order: Criminal Intent tend to avoid it.

No. His plans get utterly BTFO when it comes to Black organization chapters. Yet, his buddies/parents/FBI manage to save the day somehow.

Isn't his name Shinichi?

His name is Bobby Jackson.

DROPPED

I know his dub name is Jimmy, but what do they change Edogawa to? Or do they just drop it and have him referred to by the mononym "Conan"?

> X character is a Gary Stu

Getting tired of this meme and threads made by people that didn't bother to look up what it really means