Why do anime girls always hold their fingers like that, with the middle fingers together and the others out?

Why do anime girls always hold their fingers like that, with the middle fingers together and the others out?

It means a handjob costs 30,000 yen.

That's just kyoani.

They watched star trek while drunk once.

They trying to be nerdy but they still fuck it up

Any serious answers? This is really confusing me

It's the reverse spock, look it up.

It's cute and girly.

It's just a thing a certain director at KyoAni does.

I can accept that but how did he come up with that?

This seems to be the name of a sex position.

Its an art thing. Drawing 4 fingers doing stuff is really annoying, its why simpsons and such only have 3 fingers. This lets you accomplish basically the same thing without being a mutant.

Maybe he hands hurt?

From what?

ROCKMAN

>he

This, trips never fail to speak the truth.
And it's damn effective, I love the way Kyoani does hands.

The fuck you just say bout me?

>I can accept that but how did he come up with that?
I read somewhere that animators who are used to drawing four fingered cartoons do that when they have to draw five fingers

You can find it in disney movies too

that and japan has a real taboo against depicting 3 fingered hands.

Is that similar to how they can't show the Prime Minister on television?

Prime minister is okay.
Royal family is not.

But 3 fingers just implies yakuza.

>But 3 fingers just implies yakuza.
How so?

Google "yakuza finger".
Yakuza are the reason why anime characters don't have tattoos as well.

Ah. Thanks for the information.

Damn yakuza. They ruin everything. I'd love to see a cute girl with a badass dragon tattoo.

Sometimes they do though, Kamina in TTGL for instance has those blue tribal shit on his shoulders.

Kamina has a lot of characteristics that are associated with gangsters in Japanese stereotypes.

One in the pink, two in the stink.

That is extremely gross.

It means they believe Mary Magdalene had a child with Jesus and they're part of the Order dedicated to protecting this bloodline.

I love you Tamako, I love you.

nami has tattoos :)

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

we need more tattoos!

Nami is different because One Piece started in the 90s, before the yakuza existed.

dubs of truth. ok sorry user

yakuza are a group of millenials.

Easier to draw.

Oda said that he wanted to slowly introduce all the pirate cliches into the main cast.
Nami is a pirate after all.

so you're saying tattoos are... taboo?

it feels pretty natural if you try it

Eventually one of them will be a fat neckbeard who steals video games?

No, not really. My fingers pressing against each other like that is uncomfortable.

My fingers are very slightly crooked. I can't get middle- and ring finger perfectly together while keeping them straight.

So I'm told

Beside the tattoos, what else?

All his shit about being "bros", having simon call him Aniki.
Been a while since I watched gurren lagann as well as read anything about yakuza, but that stands out off the top of my head.

The sword too.

He also basically runs a gang.

>having simon call him Aniki

I miss TTGL. What's the waifu equivalent of being bros? Because that's what Kamina is for me.

TABOO TATTURU

>TATTURU
This hurts to read. Tabuu Tattuu would be more proper. Don't just add "URU" to everything to make it sound "japanese'.

People are very annoying in general when it comes to mockingly pronouncing Japanese (you can tell these are people who only know one language), but this is unforgivable because that's the actual title of something and only a complete idiot would say "tatturu."

desu desu nii san nee tuttu ru tutturuu ^.^ i know katakana-uru HaHaHa I WILL live in japan someday!!! hahaha I just LOVE ANIME & MANGA-RU! but not like to love ru just perverted -.-

haha yeaaaaaah people are SOOOO annoying with their japanise geeze... they dont speak like that fuckign stupid people cant they do anythig right???? -.-

Hell, I'm ESL - I don't even have a good grasp on English yet, and I don't know japanese at all - but it still feels really fucking insulting. It's like people trying to speak french or german just based on stereotypes, without actual knowledge.

i know riiiight! fucking rascists always with their fucknig "desu" and "uru and so on.... no one actually Speaks like That GROW UP!!!! i know since i went to tokyo and it was so cooool.....

Ah, forgot something.
If there's any universal element that you could mock - it's elongated vowels (at times), and softer consonants. e.g. "gattsu-poozu", "naisu-midoru" (notice that both are loan words, and that they have their meaning skewed, so they won't make any sense to a native english speaker).

hahahaha sootanaa!!!! so many dont know this things.... stupid bakas..

What the fuck is going on in here

Also, if you're an american, read some articles by "Andrea Simon-Maeda". She's an American, but she's been in Japan for quite a while - her first exposure to Japan and the Japanese language was what...40 years ago now? She's been teaching English over there at various universities and colleges since then.
Anyway, it's really interesting seeing the perspective of an outsider, who has been LIVING there. It's not like she watched anime and fell head over heels for Japan, that would be dumb.

Everything she writes is a good read.

looking back at my drawings with hands in them, I notice I do the same thing.

>The vast majority of loanwords have been taken from English. However, in the Katakana words have only one meaning or usage. For example, 'akusesari' accessory - refers only to artificial or costume jewelry. Hats, ties, scarves or other such objects which are included in the English of the word have other terms in Japanese
>The "Japanization" of English words has in shortening, limiting, combining and extending English words to the extent that they are incomprehensible to native speakers. It would take a special imagination to link 'mai-kon' with the English micro-computer. 'Ame-futo' is a long way from American Football.
>Distinguishing between loanwords used only colloquially and those used in written Japanese also demand study. 'Baransu' in one sense is used in written language, but in another it is colloquial.
>Most loanwords are nouns in their original language. But in Japan they are often used as verbs by adding a Japanese verb ending or verb. Others merely add 'suru' to make a verb. 'Dabingu suru' for "dubbing" or "to dub" comes to mind
>Loanwords are frequently blended with Kanji or other loan-words to make a new word. "Denwa fakkusu" is a fax machine; "doa-tsu-doa" means from one place to another.
>Finally, many former brand names now have taken on a general meaning. "Bando-eido" for Band-Aid, refers to a bandage or the verb to bandage. These specialized words require a knowledge of the original name in order to mean anything in Japanese. Certainly, many other categories could be added to this outline of special challenges. But I think we have enough now to realize that loanwords themselves call for extensive study on the part of any serious student of Japanese.

Though the thrust of this paper has been toward helping students of Japanese understand loanwords, a few thoughts about the dangers loanwords present to students of English should also be given some consideration. It has been my experience that Katakana English is, without a doubt, one of the main sources of English pronunciation problems. Stressing every syllable and adding a vowel at the end of the word, English students often sound as if they are reading Katakana placed alongside of the words. It has often been pointed out that what students consider to be good English often is a confusing and meaningless Japanese-English or "Japlish." Add to that a wrong interpretation of the original loanword, and you can readily see why an interesting conversation a comedy of errors.

There is no simple solution for this problem. But for starters, Katakana should never be used as a guide for pronunciation in English textbooks. With so many useful tapes, videos and pronunciation manuals available, it is foolish for students to rely on Katakana as a sort of crutch.

Repeating the admonition given above to students for students of English, too, loanwords as used in Japan must be thought of as Japanese words - not as English, French, German or anything else. English students must learn the words in their own context, not as adaptations from the Japanese usage.

Particular attention must be given to grammar. Just because articles, prepositions, conjunctions and other such parts of speech are not needed in Japanese, it does not mean that English students can disregard them when using the loanwords in their original language.

weeaboos got triggered

>reason why anime characters don't have tattoos as well
good. tattoos are utter fucking trash. yakuza good for some shred of decency whether it was intentional or not

Katakana English...is weird. Why is it so hard for the japanese to learn a different alphabet system, and its' pronunciation? I mean, they would likely have more success learning Slavic languages (e.g. Ukrainian, Russian, Bulgarian). English pronunciation can be a bitch. It's one of the world's simplest languages - it doesn't have gender forms, and everything else which makes German, for example, hard. The grammar is easy, different tenses are used with ease..but the pronunciation...

English speakers (and especially those of them who are Americans) should give ESLs a break. Not every german/austrian person sounds like fucking Schwarzenegger. Slavs worth their salt can mask their accents - but still, don't fucking poke fun of them. They're trying their darnest and you're making fun of their hard work. The japanese situation, however, is a bit weird. They don't share the interest the most of the world has in the English language. Still, don't mock them, and the way they speak your language. At least they can speak it understandably!

just jump off a bridge would ya

Right when you stop being an asshole perpetuating skewed stereotypes. For somebody (presumably) American, priding themselves on their progressive attitude, you're surprisingly hell-bent on NOT trying to understand foreign cultures. America is not №1, bud.

im not even american

everything doesnt revolve around your country you failure of a son

your substanceless self-righteous attitude is the reason you have practically no friends and no one wants to spend time with you

Don't post about "dubs" on Sup Forums. It's a direct rule violation. Use on containment boards only.

>practically no friends and no one wants to spend time with
This is the majority of Sup Forums, really. What, did you think you'd strike a chord in me, make me feel sorry for making those posts?
I agree, I am a bit substanceless right now, since I'm arguing with you over proper Japanese romaji usage. You're on Sup Forums, those should be common knowledge; common sense if you're been here for a while.
What kind of fucking tool says "TATTURU", as to refer to the way the japanese say "Tattoo"? Your "Tatturu" would "translate" to "Tattle", not 'tattoo'.

i am just very confused why you take this subject so seriously

this is a genuine question

The Prince is overrated

Agreed, to be honest. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it gets a lot of praise - by people who haven't even read it; they praise it just because somebody else praises it. This kinda tends to bring people's view of the book itself down.

It's a El Greco homage.

>draw three fingers
>draw a line in the middle of the fattest finger

e.z.p.z.

bullshit

Basically in Japan they have a group that basically forces people to pay them money to allow 4 fingered characters in which they did to Jew Disney to keep Mickey with 3 fingers 1 thumb. Disney basically pays 5 illion a year to keep his fingers the way they are.

To quote and dev for some game

>The moral of this story is... if you want to pay, then it's ok. If you don't want to pay, then it's a horrible insult to our culture. In other parts of the world we have a word for these types of two-faced tactics. We call it extortion. If it is truly offensive and degrading, then don't allow it at all. But to allow it for a price... is to belittle the case altogether. It suggests that the real truth behind these groups is that they are using the darker moments in their own cultures' history as an excuse to coerce money out of content providers.

This is undoubtedly the best post I have seen on Sup Forums in the past 2 years.

I suspect you are new here, and slithered here from reddit.

I will tell you this. Never underestimate the power of anonymous.

now get this shit off of my Sup Forums

I'm not, really.
Just in a shitty mood right now. I'm a bit better now.

Fuck. Was in a shitty mood earlier*
That's what I get for editing my sentences midway.

you can't stop me :^)

Someday you'll look back on this post-ironic bullshit and you'll be so ashamed that you'll die of embarrassment.

Yeah, God forbid people on this board have a fucking clue what they're talking about. They should all be like you, people who post in lowercase all the time and spam memes and watch anime muted while talking to their so-called "friends" on Facebook and listening to Avenged Sevenfold.

>reddit
>"Never underestimate the power of anonymous."
>"MY Sup Forums"
What a fucking laugh.

Just looked up the source of that. That is really fucking strange. I feel like if it were any other country besides Japan, that group would be toast by now.

That said, I'm of the opinion that anime characters should have five fingers anyway. That stylistic choice always bugged me.

why is this allowed?

Yamada self inserts.

>his waifu doesn't have a beauty mark

First of all, you are way fucking late on this considering this anime is from like three years ago.

Second, it is distinct and cute. A lot of anime forgets that beauty marks are even a thing that exist so I think it's really neat that this one tried something different.

It's a comfortable and relaxed way to have your fingers due to the position of muscles and tendons in the hand.

It's a Mega Man homage.

>his waifu doesn't have ticks

Why is 4 fingers hard but not 3 fingers? Why not draw just 2 fingers and turn it into a regular spock?

why just not draw any fingers at all and call them mittens?

because by including tiny quirky details the viewer is fooled into thinking the character is cute

Easier to draw and animate.

>implying beauty marks aren't best