How much value do you put into visual direction?

How much value do you put into visual direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nidp1YR0joo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Enough to hate backgrounds with infinity focus because it looks like flat crap. This alone is what makes a lot of anime look very cheap.

It's extremely important to me. That's why Kyoto Animation is my favorite studio, as they are the industry leaders in visual direction, animation quality and single frame drawing quality.

Just fucking to yourself already. Sage this faggot and his thread.

What did he mean by this?

>infinity focus
You have no clue what you're on about

Why does most modern anime look like gravy was spilled on the lens?

that lighting is too much

If you're going to be technical and a basic bitch about it it's called deep focus and it belongs in the 60s cinema not in modern entertainment.

Why?

None. I'm blind.

Deep focus is in no way archaic, the camera is not supposed to always be a human eye

Not the person you responded to but infinity focus is the correct term at least in photography

What kind of mental issue makes a person make the same thread over and over again, Sup Forums? Some sort of weird OCD? Can they not make short term memories like in Memento? What?

Visual direction threads can foster some of the best discussion on this board

No they can't

We'd have even better discussion if OP actually put some effort into changing it up, instead of posting the EXACT same post every time.

Fair enough.

I'm slowly starting to hate these threads

>Visual direction threads can foster some of the best discussion on this board
The operative word being "can". The topic itself can be grounds for ripe discussion, but these threads always follow the same template. At some point, Kyoani webm cinegrid user and Naruto cinegrid user will show up, a bunch of other people will post cinegrids devoid of context, insight or opinions of their own, nothing of substance will be said, and it'll just be a bunch of people thirsty for (You)s weakly baiting eachother for 200 posts like every other one of these threads.

You can open these threads at any time of the week and they're the exact same thing right down to the replies and OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nidp1YR0joo

A lot since I'm what they call a KyoAni connoisseur.

posting reddit shit