Why are Americans incapable of using metric like the rest of the world?

Why are Americans incapable of using metric like the rest of the world?

celsius is stupid and D/M/Y is no better or worse than M/D/Y

We tried back in the 80s to convert to Metric like everyone else, but there was such a huge push back from the bureaucrats in our education systems that refused to do it. Government has since given up trying.

>celsius is stupid

brainlet detected. celsius is OCD autismo tier, and therefore, superior

Because we're better.

something something money

Your chart is wrong. Everyone knows that dates should be YYYY MM DD, as in...

Especially when naming computer files. That way, when you sort by name you're also sorting by date.

(and no, you can't simply sort by date because if you have to edit a past file that screws up the date sort)

I think it was to piss off england, but that was a while ago. Kinda weird way to be snotty. Stubbornly sticking to an Imperial system when we claim to hate kings, and empires.

When I was a kid, they kept telling us that by 1975 all of America would be on the metric system.

10 seconds per minute
10 minutes per hour
10 hours per day
10 days per month
10 months per year
10 years per decade
10 decades per centennial
10 centennials per millennium

Shittier is better? Maybe in Amerimutt land.

That's a lot of mental gymnastics to try and justify shit tier units of measurement

We do use the metric system, you dumbass.

Just not for everything.

>can't remember 32 and 212

Because the rest of the world is uncivilized?

>incapable
>unwilling

Ftfy

>not using furlongs to measure how much oxen can plow in a day

No more brother wars.

I plowed 12 furlongs of ass last month.

Although American system is retarded, the date problem can be solved by writing the word for month instead of the digit.
writing 19 Nov 2017 will at least decrease the confusion.

I recall a Stephen Fry joking that Brits use Celsius for cold days and Fahrenheit for hot days.

Stephen fry is a pederastic kike

True. Isn't his bf like 30 years younger?

We refuse to fall in line like a bunch of witless Nazis!

It's to protect American industry and identity, stop trying to make mono culture I like our system just fine

For the life of me I can't see the wisdom of using Celsius for measuring ambient temperature.

>0 degrees
A typical winter day if you live in a temperate climate.
>100 degrees
A record breaking temperature unless you happen to live on the edge of an active volcano.

>100 degrees
>moderate temperature

lol

Go back and read that again, slowly.

metric is so easy a caveman can do it
no wonder refugees like it so much

france should be blue

Lol
I like this post

A scale from 0-100 makes more sense to a person, 0 = cold, 100 = hot. F > C.
You can't 3rd, 16th, or 32nd centimeters, imperial > metric.
There are more years than days in a month, and more days in a month than months. small#/larger#/largest# m/d/y > d/m/y

k.
the thing is most obviously saying a hundred degrees is a moderate day. if you wanna argue that it's just a horribly designed chart, it could say 50 degrees is which also isn't a moderate temperature.

LMAO at eurotards who can't into fractional math.

Even our dope dealers can do fractions. Ask a eurotards to divide by anything other than 10 and he'll cry like a bitch.

No we also use metric system

I trust the map more than some random user, it's science man.

also got beat by fucking vietnamese farmers

Kek

Yeah, and that's the public one. If you follow me.

Who cares about that? Why do Europeeons drive on the wrong side of the road?

It is more practical because we've been raised on base ten. Base twelve might actually be more efficient though.

Somethin about redheads with plump asses or fat tits that makes me want to demolish them

How old are you bro?

when certain quantities of cheese powder accumulate on the collective fingers and roll themselves into a dusty jewish cheese ball president. oh wait. nah nevermind. americans' idea of luxury in car design always falls short. For about 65 years now, countries have been trying to make luxury cars. and every generation, something always "JUST" falls short with the american ones. whether they blow on fire or are made out of dunkin donuts containers or if they have shag carpets and living room sofas in them, Americans have no clue what theyre doing. and theyre so work hungry and drunk off their asses too

I know right? They just awaken some sort of primal urge in my DNA to rape a Celtic woman

holy shit who irritating can you be

what's the correct side to drive on?

> We use retarded nigger math, even our retarded niggers use it.

A mile is a big distance than an inch measurement should be big.
It's more logical than your communist measurements, make them all uniform.
Ridiculous, big distances deserve big numbers.
As far as the c date goes, the most important information that you need is the month. When someone asks you when something is happening in the year. Do you answer the 28th? Only if it is in the same month that you are currently in. Otherwise you describe the time by month. And then you tell them the day it will be on. And you should already know the year, making it the least important description that you need.
The rest of the world is just jelly of the superior methods we use.

how many quarts are in a furlong
>gimme a one and four hundred and twenty seventh, two and two hundred and ninety secondths of an inch socket

Only we do that actually

He's a cancerous boomer, clearly

the eu flag user should be shooted,searching any minor difference to make a point

making something difficult means it's good. You're worse than poo in loo apologists.

This, idk what it is but that’s a good insight

>have to use decimals to tell the temperature outside

Fucking lmao

>Europe is becoming a mutt continent faster than America did
>this is despite the fact they could watch America become a mutt country and yet ignored such an obvious bellwether
>"at least i have my base-10 measurements"

Fahrenheit doesn't give a shit about the properties of water. It's for weather, which has a much better scale than fucking celsius.

Kinda funny how India has literally become a rare flag since memeflags were reinstated

>The rest of the world is just jelly of the superior methods we use.
NASA would disagree with you.
If you need something measured, do it properly.

Americans are just naturally smarter and prefer a challenge. Eurodopes have to use an easy system for brainlets.

As a civil engineer, yes, metric is superior.

However, at this point we are too far gone to change from retard units.

That being said, number of countries using customary units, 1.
Number of countries on the moon, also one. Coincidence?

>There are more years than days in a month
What? How many years are there in a month?

The laughter is hurting me

The numbers are with you, I concede.

Let's restructure that sentence.
>what's the correct side to drive on?
Well saying 'right' is another way to say correct, so let's replace 'correct' with 'right'.
>what's the right side to drive on?
Oh look, we answered the question.

>Sup Forums has lost as step

/thread

>EU flag
>1 post by this ID
I live, work, and was born in the US, and I think metric is superior. Granted, I work in a chem lab, so I'm a bit biased on the topic. It's just easier for math.

>Intentionally using measurements that are great for science and math but piss poor for quickly deriving useful and relatable measurements
>b-but we operate on base 10. That makes it better or something

100F is hot, 0F is cold, 50F is somewhere in the middle
A foot is roughly the size of a foot
One pint of water is one pound
What about your measurement system?

>incapable
We know both and use both interchangeably depending on the circumstance. It's kind of like of like how we force a large portion of the rest of the world to learn English due to how widespread U.S. influence is. Faggot.

digits confirm

All unit systems are based on random bullshit, for instance, 0C is when pure water freezes at 1 atm, are you ever at exactly 1 atm with completely pure water? What if you live at a high altitude, what temp does water boil? The meter is based on the distance light travels in 1 / 299,792,458 seconds, do you have any way to measure that and verify the length of a meter? Is the length the same if your meter stick is moving?

>One pint of water is one pound
One litre of water is a kilogram.

dammit, then you go and back up Imperial as being roughly x.
Measurements should be precise, not lazily slapped together like two fatties in heat

Indians hate themselves and anywhere they go they are quick to shed their identity and obtain new ones.

It didn't help that even a good post was only responded with "poo in loo" but if they had thicker skins they'd continue to post better replies. The truth is that most Indians do not have anything valuable to contribute to a post.

The moment they join something en masse then it becomes (((Shit))) look at all the cricket blogs and websites. eg cricbuzz. Even Aussies have to run for their lives.

>Norway rich af
>Sweden can't even beat fucking Montana

Diversity is strength, everyone

>Why are Americans incapable of using metric like the rest of the world?
Because we are backward as fuck and totally retarded. We do use metric, however it is used in technical applications like science. Doctors and lab workers etc.

The imperial system is for plebs. It is only used by dumb people who don't know better. I know better, but deal with it because I have no choice. I work construction as skilled labor, and 99% of my blueprints are this travesty of a fucking measuring system.

Inches are divided into 16ths
Feet are divided into 12 inches
Miles are 5240 feet

None of it makes sense, and lets not get into weights and volumes.

However, there are also people so retarded to weight themselves in "stones".

Trivia: In Hungary, the yyyy/mm/dd format is the one being used.

>OP confirmed for knowing nothing about geometry, navigation, time and mathematics in general

Stick to writing boobies on your HP calc, m8

The richest man in Sweden is only ranked #43 on the list of richest people in the world.
Swedecucks BTFO.

Chemists use metric. Mechanical and electrical engineers use imperial. It's why a CNC machine bed's resolution is measured in 0.25 mils and a typical proto-board hobbyists use have holes drilled 0.1" apart.

>holohoax reference
You fell for the programming, huh?

Have you got the 9/11 edit with the month/day/year thing as an aeroplane?

0 degrees is literally you're finna die. 50 degrees is cold. 100 is holy fuck if it gets any hotter im gonna die.

great system you fucking retards

Cool, didn't know that. It's the same in Japan too.

pinocio tier

Oops I think you made a typo
Green: countries that have never been to the moon
Blue: countries that have been to the moon

>Mechanical and electrical engineers use imperial
I've been going to a trade school for elec. engineering, and I've noticed this. Why is that the case?

We've been the frontrunners of modern technology since the founding of our country, and we use a hard mode system of measurements. Can Eurocucks even compete?

Ignore this self hating cuck. He is a sad little bitch and is no American.

>Aussies are autismos who bring out probe thermometers to gauge the weather
>Never leaving the house without their trusty measuring stick to accurately determine length

I walked 7 feet to my door and it felt cold so I assumed it was roughly 30F outside
I bet you have a pretty good idea how far I walked and how cold it is at a glance

lost

I think you made a typo
> Allegedly been to the moon

:DD amerilards mad

China, too.