Character Types

Are there certain types of characters you instantly root for or fall in love with regardless of the anime/manga?

Personally, I'm a sucker for delinquents with hearts of gold. Bonus points if they have a soft spot for animals.

>Mondo
>Heart of Gold

i know it's a fucking cliche, but i like the bubbly, kind and a little naive girl

His broship with Ishimaru was beautiful. Truthfully Ishimaru had the heart of gold while Mondo was the delinquent but it's close enough.

He still murdered for the most mundane and retarded reason in the game, doesn't deserve being called like that

The wise old pervy teacher who is really strong but doesnt show it.
They just teach the young MC about everything they know and kick MC ass if they get out of control.

I won't argue with that. Gundam is actually my favorite character in the DR series and while he has a heart of gold and his murder was more justified than Mondo's IMO, I don't think he's a delinquent.

That's a good one. Always a source of keks and knowledge.

I'm a fan of shitty silver/white haired characters who usually turn out to be evil.

That, and the straight-laced, serious, introverted (but probably actually pretty sensitive) types.

Gundham is too pure for this world

Badass old men are the best archetype

Delinquents are great. I don't even really know why I like them so much. Tomboys are amazing too.

Jabberwock Island didn't deserve him.

Characters with an extremely irrational will to stand up for what they believe in, pic related

Boy, that's a lot of shit hair in one image.

The pervy girl who takes the initiaive/blackmails the guy into doing perverted shit with her, but she secretly has feelings for him which become more apparent over time.
>tfw no perverted gf to hold me down and have her way with me

I was that person once, when they're crawling over you and you're already milked dry you will be crying for help.

Rival-kuns with a hard life

Idiotic justicefags

It's not so much the "we have to fuck until I'm satisfied" (possibly yandere) type girl, but the "you make my girl-bits moist and I'm doing this for both of us" (possibly tsun-tsun) type girl.
I've had a borderline personality disorder gf before. They are insatiable

Those are all delinquets but I dont think the ones on the left are really the archetype you're talking about

> delinquent genre is dead
It's suffering

I root for the bald guys for reasons

I wish nips came up with a name for the "Mirin girl" archetype.It would make my sadpanda browsing expirience better

Why most japanese delinquents have that sausage hair?
Is it a thing in Japan?

Do you know who elvis is?

Gray hair

why do delinquents love elvis so much?

Fun guy that has seen so much shit in his past life.

Fuyuhiko would fit that role closer, and to an extant akane

Based Harima is one of the best examples of that type.

Brotype sexually educated girl who chills out with MC but completely loses compose when MC actually wants her

>Fuyuhiko
Why didn't I think of him before?? The lack of pompadour and baggy white pantsuit must have thrown me off.

Akane would be a good fit too but she's actually my least favorite DR2 character.

>Josuke and Okuyasu not having hearts of gold

I love promiscuous girls. Girls that really want the MC's D and act all lewd to get it but in reality are pure maidens. I tend to root for them a lot

Unfortunately, these types never win, like ever, but there are like a few exceptions

Unpopular bros that have as their personal goal getting his best friend laid and eventually get lucky themselves

Well it's not the same thing but, I instantly get hot for intelligent and somewhat-restrained psychopaths. Actual psychopaths like pic related, not edgy muh violence.

strong grills with this hairstyle

Delinquents with a heart of gold (both male and female) and idiot comic relief girls. Little wonder School Rumble is one of my favourite anime.

i really love genki types, typical osakaians like pic related, and the cold sadist megane.

Demi-god types like Zodd and Skull Knight. Also comic relief that hides their power level.

not the same user but what the fuck are you talking about, yes they are

I love baby gangsta, his relaonship with Peko makes him even better.

it's not dead, Mob Psycho just aired and we got Onigawara and others, there's still hope

Characters that did absolutely nothing wrong but are still self deprecatory and gloomy.

>Exploit!! OrigamiCyclone!!
Gladly

Dudes who act kinda dumb or clumsy but are actually really skilled. And they appear lucky.

>Vash the Stampede
>Main guy from sounds
>Goku sometimes
>Rock Lee when drunk

Thrill seeker but rarely at the cost of someone else's expense. Hairbang over eye is also my fetish.

it's called a regent pompadour and it's a sign of social defiance in Japan, started around 1940s I think when Japan was suffering from the war. The hairstyle became popular as fuck to the point where young people would buy black market pomade hair products instead of food. apparently it's still popular in bosozoku bike gangs

some day we will have an anime adaptation of crows and it will be glorious

>GENRE
Some fucking archetypal chump ain't gonna make a difference.

> apparently it's still popular in bosozoku bike gangs
Those are long gone just like the pompadour itself.

Character that gets into fights because they're a masochist

I like this type of character and quiet old men.
Nice delinquents are cool though.

Delinquents, hot-blooded moralfags, and hot-blooded delinquent moralfags.

no they're not, custom motorcycle clubs/gangs still exist in Japan you smuck

The quiet, scheming, double-triple crossing type. Smugness optional but welcome.
Fuse also fits the bill.

I love their chemistry. Def best DR canon relationship.