It's another Eva thread!

It's another Eva thread!
This anime was chalk full of plot holes. Even after the viewer drew their own conclusions from the minor details given (assuming they drew the correct conclusions), many questions, essential to the plot, went unanswered. Only after these plot holes were answered by external canonical souces such as the manga, the Eva magazine, the card game and the archives from the second Eva game was it fully understood and heralded as a masterpiece. Enthusiasts who claim the original anime (including EoE) was without flaw are simply confusing information revealed in the original series to revelations made clear by external canonical sources.

I need everything spoon fed to me: the post

eh, I've only seen the original series so far, and it seems pretty straightforward.

Shinji is a fucked up kid who won't take any initiative or open up to anyone because he's afraid of fucking up and getting (emotionally) hurt, so he just rolls along with whatever comes his way, but that just makes him even more unhappy, especially because he has to go fight ancient aliens in a robot which is also made from ancient aliens.

And then in the end his even more autistic dad sticks ayy lmao to his hand, shoots some flighty bitches for snooping, and forces everyone to undergo some crazy psychic introspective bullshit which probably ends the earth. And then shinji realizes he has the option to maybe not be a mopey fuck up so much, and all his mental figments of his friends congratulate him on that stunning bit of detective work.

>make a quiz
>give no way to know the answer
>wait
>put the solution somewhere else
>people look at the solution and tell everyone else "no you're just too dumb to get it"
WOW

Agree completely with OP. I was massively let down by evangelion for its undeniable cop-out psychological bullshit ending, bad animation later in the show, few interesting angel fights (about 4) and I was more interested in anyone BUT Shinji by the end.

Nice analogy autismo

There's really nothing you need to know that isn't in the series already, user. What's important is pretty simple, really:

Angels are born from Adam, humans born from Lilith. If Angels reach Adam, boom, 3rd Impact, game over, they reformat reality.

Gendo wants to cause a different 3rd Impact using Rei to get his waifu back.

SEELE wants to immortal or some shit. Whatever.

The actual story is about Shinji, his emotional difficulties, and the fact that even though it's difficult, even though it's hard, reaching out to other human beings is worth it. The Hedgehog's Dilemma is the entire series, and what it's about.

Rei chooses Shinji to control 3rd Impact, at first he lets everyone die, then Rei and Kaworu pull a It's a Wonderful Life on him to let him see how things would be better with existence, stuff gets low-level arthouse film for a bit. (not even that extreme. You want surreal? Watch something like Week End or The Mirror.)

Shinji chooses for humanity to return, he returns first, enough time passes for him to make a grave for Misato who hasn't returned (just look at the scene, he nailed her cross necklace to a post, amidst 14 or so posts for all the characters in the series he knew.) Asuka arrives. Shinji's fucked up, chokes her, she touches him, he breaks down, she still hates him, total encapsulation of the hedgehog's dilemma and a great anti-Adam and Eve twist, since they hate each other and probably won't be rebuilding humanity.

Not hard, you just have to pay attention.

Also, the manga isn't canon.

>because he has to go fight ancient aliens in a robot which is also made from ancient aliens
wasn't eva 01 made from lilith ?

/thread

I can explain that you have shit taste

>If Angels reach Adam, boom, 3rd Impact, game over, they reformat reality.
can you explain why ?

how can you transfer a human soul into giant robot? i don't think science can do that .

why is merging adam and lilith would cause a third impact ?

why did rei reject gendo ?

why was the story so dump ? shit doesn't make anysense

Incredible. It's a topic so beat to shit even Sup Forums won't discuss it. I've never bothered to watch Eva and, after this thread, I never will. Thanks Sup Forums.

>can you explain why ?
You have both the fruit of knowledge and of life, so you basically have all the power and knowledge of humanity and the huge power the angels had combined which makes you an entity close to god. With such power you can create an anti-AT feald. AT is what seperates souls in the forms of LCL. You put it in geofront (chamber of Guth) and control it all with the previously mentioned power.
>how can you transfer a human soul into giant robot? i don't think science can do that .
As you've seen every angel has this big red orb in their chest. That's the place where their soul resides. With clones the orb is empty since clones don't have souls. You just transfer the LCL/soul (it's just a name) into it and boom the robot got a soul.
>why is merging adam and lilith would cause a third impact
Because of what I mentioned in the first question.
>why did rei reject gendo ?
Because of her relationship with Shinji. Shinji actually cared about her and it made her realise that Gendo would just use her. Before she didn't since she was basically isolated from other people or those other people (Ritsuko) treated her as a tool.
>why was the story so dump ? shit doesn't make anysense
You're just too dumb to make sense of it.

I think it's fine. Honestly, eva is too popular for its own good. It's like if half the population had to go through advance calculus. You'd just end up with people who are mad with it and claim that math is stupid and makes no sense. Eva is not the kind of story for everyone.

The things you are wandering about are called rules of the in-series universe. Only children and retards question the rules set up by a fictional story.

>It took people only 20 years to get tired of regurgitating the same things to infinite waves of retarded newfags daily? The show must be shit then.

I agree with you but fucking up the spelling of wondering doesn't help your case senpai

>chalk full
Threads like these sure are a diamond dozen.

Anyway, list some "plot holes" in Eva.

It's claimed in the show that Eva programming is based on MAGI and its personality transplant OS. In my head this makes sense since in Shinji's repressed memories of Shogoki's construction they don't put Yui inside the plug like a pilot, they submerge her in the core directly. Only she and Fuyutsuki weren't surprised by how it turned out, so the implication seems like everyone else expected it to take a cast of her and then they'd winch her back out.

I know you're dump since you're an eva fan so I'm gonna spoonfeed you the ones listed ITT

Those aren't plot holes you stupid faggot, that's just the rules of the universe. It's literally like saying, "Well, why does scoring a touchdown in football add a point to your score?"

>ignorant amerifat doesn't know the definition of a plot hole
Why am I not surprised.

None of those are plot holes you mouth-breathing retard. A plot hole is a direct contradiction of the series' own logic. Not something that wasn't explained, or something that was explained but you're too much of an idiot to understand.

Well, that's one way to show you're an idiot.

/thread

Ask one question at a time.

I don't recall ever seeing these images. Where did they come from? I love this shit.

OP, I don't know if you understand the phrase "plot hole," nor do you understand how a multimedia franchise works. NGE does have some plot holes, but they're actually rather insignificant- if there are any significant plot holes, give some examples rather than just making the blanket statement. Most of them can actually be explained using information just from the TV series + EoE, like As for why so much other media exists and why information is passed down that way, it's just another way to allow the fans access to the world they love so much. Plenty of popular franchises do this, making them multi-media franchises that can not only grab a much larger audience but often do it at a reduced cost (the cost of running a short comic book is much cheaper than animating or filming an entire season's worth of material just to explain a sub-plot or backstory). Again, this is usually little more than supplementary information, but fans who want to completely indulge themselves are given this option while more casual fans do not have to go so far.

Personally, I love all of the extra information given, and it's because of all of the digging and conversations I've had about Eva that it has become one of my favorite franchises to date. Without the extra media or fanbase to interact with, you are right- it would not be nearly as enticing, but that doesn't mean that it is incomplete without those extras.