What kind of damage to energy-beam attacks like the kamehameha do?

What kind of damage to energy-beam attacks like the kamehameha do?

Are they concussive, having weight to them and then smacking the enemy with all that momentum built up over the beams travel time?

Or does the damage come from heat, burning the target as they come into contact with it?

Why don't you just watch the show/read the manga and figure it out?
It's not that difficult.

but I watched it all and still can't tell

It's probably plasma

it's cum

nope, i don't even think it is plasma. Too unrealistic.

Maybe it's somekind of qi/

heat wave

Depends on the technique

Kamehameha is usually concussive as the enemies are pushed back by it (or like to ride it like Vegeta), most other beam attacks are burning or vaporizing type, some are piercing

It's whatever the fuck Toriyama wants. Seriously, the beams are regularly shown to bave both concussive and thermal properties such that they freely switch between blowing people around and just straight up vaporizing them.

What about Cell? He literally got Atomized.

wasn't the original point of the kamehameha to show the force needed to create waves/shove water out of the way

but like others said, looking for this level of consistency in dragon ball is like looking inside your own ass for philosophy

good luck with that shit

It's never heat.
Just take a look at the fucking effect.
Was there a single character that even managed to melt the ground around his target?
It's always concussive*, unless the attack completely overwhelms the target in which case it atomizes them.
You might argue about the piercing/cutting techniques, but they are just locally concentrated versions to the same effect.

How can you even get the idea that it's heat?

it is hard to derive physical properties of those beams from their applications to other characters because they also have defenses that surpass any known material.

Gohan cooked a chunk of meat with a Ki blast and caught his dads hair on fire...

someone post that concrete revolutio webm

What does that have to do with Dragonball?

OP said "like the", meaning also other energy attacks.

>OP said "like the"
And used a Dragonball image.
Unless specified, it's wise to consider general statements in this thread to be on the topic of Dragonball.

> manga doesn't follow science
In other news water is wet and you're a fucking idiot.

Who's talking about science?
Are there any signs that it's heat? Any at all?
Do their clothes get black when they get hit?

>What kind of damage to energy-beam attacks like the kamehameha do?
Pretty heavy damage, usually.

Concussive.

It's probably similar to getting hit by extremely high pressure water.

That's your interpretation and I do not see why it would be any more valid than mine.

I heard Raditz is back.

dont mind me, just passing by

A charged particle cannon?!

He let his Ki guard down when he got overpowered

Impact + Blast + Radiation

The same way how a spirit bomb which is powered by the spirtual power of living beings are able to be used as a weapon.
Just not think too much about it user, then you enjoy much better. Like DB nowadays.

>Just not think too much about it user, then you enjoy much better.
Typical retard
It's clear as night and day what is happening in dragonball, and there are still people who just say 'heh, don't think about it, user'. Literally mentally disabled. I bet you think DBS is good as well, because you just accept eating shit and say it tastes good.

Heat obviously. The only time characters get pushed back is when they manage to counter the blast with their own ki. Whenever they actually get hit they get atomized or end up cooked with smoke rising from them like with Piccolo.

>What kind of damage to energy-beam attacks like the kamehameha do?

Not as much as you've just damaged the english language. Back to Brazil with you.

DB was never good user.
You are just so much butt fucked by Toriyama's shit writing that your nostalgia have made you forgot how shit Z actually was.

i re-read DB and DBZ from time to time because i enjoy it. Why is it bad exactly? Have you gon any more inside joke you read on Sup Forums and knowyourmeme dot com?

I bet you would blow Toriyama if he asked you.
user I going to ask to stop talking from your nostalgia and then you see that even DB had it's problems.

Jesus fuck, triggered. Just kill yourself if you're going to get this butthurt about fucking posts on Sup Forums.

No I would not blow Toriyama. I'm glad that DBZ was created though, even if it had its problems. I'm just glad it turned out the way it did. I know it's not perfect. I'm also not a fanboy who accepts whatever toriyama throws at me. Not understanding what is happening in film/art/anime/whatever and just winging it and saying 'don't think about it, you'll enjoy it more' is just a bad approach.

you might kill yourself as well, since you got triggered by a post on Sup Forums

You're sitting in Sup Forums defending your love of DB and trying to say it's anything but nostalgia.

You're a fanboy. And a faggot.

great post

How do they handle swordsman(any weapon type) vs fist fights?

E.g. Zorro vs. Sanji (Both same level Haki)

wouldn´t it be that sanji would definetly loose his legs? I always think of how I would do my manga and still don´t know any answer to this.

Also same-level and endboss like fight.

Thanks, Lori.

can i save it?

>like to ride it like Vegeta

Are there any signs that this exists in our universe? you are a fucking moron

>we'll never get awesome shit like this ever again
Vivid Strike ruined everything.

I'm more curious as to what Yamcha's front looked like when the Saibaman blew up.

>this
What "this"?
Heat?

well in Dragon Ball its all just ki

ki is primarily just raw life force energy

it exists in every living thing and anyone can be trained to control it and manipulate it into different forms

the majority of ki based attacks in the series seem to have explosive properties of some kind, but some can cut like a blade, some can pierce straight through solid objects, some can envelope and vaporize, etc...

the first time the kamehameha is used its used to extinguish fire
this is because it is a technique that was developed purely for the purpose of destruction
ki is not like an element which has discrimination or you could say inherent weaknesses and strengths
it simply does whatever you are capable of making it do

Reminder that Roshi put out a fucking huge fire in DB with a kamehameha, so it can't be heat based.

You always have that problem.
But since the only reason people use less effective weaponry to begin with is the rule of cool, you may as well just go with it and let coolness decide how the fight plays out.

Well going by (equal haki), then it's sharpest sword vs hardest shield, hence their constant stalemate.
Basically you gotta have better Color of Arms than your opponent, like Doffy or Cracker vs Luffy

Ki blasts are weird as fuck. What kind of particle or energy can keep a spherical form, be thrown and explode on contact with something solid, but not be affected by air? Also emanating light on its way.

>What kind of particle or energy can keep a spherical form, be thrown and explode on contact
Raw eggs.

Well, two people with the exact same strenght, one attacking with a sword and the other with his leg, ussually the leg gets cut. Or legs can win but they still have to avoid the edge. Equal levels of Haki should nullify against each other and leave us with this case.

Do they generate electromagnetic waves on its path? Can they disintegrate what they touch?

>they still have to avoid the edge
It's not that easy.
When you try to win the fight by kicking your opponent, you better make sure that you DON'T avoid the edge.
Grab his sword by the blade and don't let go.
He has no obligation to aim for your leg. If you keep your leg out of harm's way, he's just going to thrust his steel into your torso.

>Do they generate electromagnetic waves on its path?
They contain iron, so yes.

>Can they disintegrate what they touch?
Depends on how fast you throw them.

It's an unknown type of radiation, that can manifest itself in lightwaves, and can have both heat and concussive properties. Kamehameha's frequency can be adjusted to disperse around the heated air particles that conform fire, stopping the combustion reaction, but at the same time not affecting anything solid.

No damage at all because it's not real, it's a TV show

I should also add that Sanji wears nice shoes, the kind with a big heavy heel on them. He actually seems to have made it a point to master 'sword catching' with them so that the enemy's blade is caught against the thickest part of his shoe.
Now cover this with haki and Diable Jambe.

It can damage your brain

How about no. That's not how it works at all.