Can someone expert explain evangelion to me?

can someone expert explain evangelion to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JtXT-8C-6OE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Being an introvert with no friends is bad
Grow the fuck up and learn to deal with people even if they are cunts most of the time

this seems a simplicistc explanation at best senpai

Thats the message Anno wanted to convey, everything else is fluff to get said introverted teens to watch it and hopefully learn the lesson in the end.

Everyone has brain issues.

I don't buy it. yes the "don't be a sperglord faggot" idea is obviously thrown around a lot, but i believe there is something more interesting, about sex and the relationship between the two sexes. also I don't believe one could be needing psychological help every time he makes a movie about such obvious and common-sensical message, there must be something more to it all

If you want to make an omelette, you've got to break a few eggs

>get over yourself and don't be an antisocial faggot (most of the characters in the show)
>being a teenager sucks, muh hormones and all that (Shinji)
>a lack of adequate parenting is very destructive (most of the characters in the show)
>raw sexuality can't replace a proper relationship (Ritsuko and her mom)
>if something's too good to be true, it probably isn't, though damaged people can't help but fall for it (Kaworu)
>don't get lost striving for an ideal at the cost of what's in front of you (Gendo, Fuuyutski)
>if you kill yourself you're just a pussy, don't do it (Instrumentality)
That's just off the top of my head, so there's probably some stuff I'm forgetting.

Piloting a mech hurts. Shinji doesn't like being hurt, so he runs away at times, but Shinji also cannot bear to be without a purpose, so he stays.
Rei a boring, Asuka a shit, Misato a best, purityfags be damned. You are now up to date and ready to shitpost.

You'd be surprised how many people lack common sense. Also sex does play a role in all of this but it really depends on the character, it's is not what Eva is strictly about - Katsuragi says she needs it in order to "validate her existence", prove her worth, Shinji dreams of the 3 women in his life, Asuka tries and fails to win over Kaji since she thinks she is mature enough, she is after all pretty desperate for love.
This all weaves into the broader term of inter-human relations which Eva is most definitely about.

What didn't you understand?

Don't masturbate to anime, you disgusting NEET.

this is more like it.

it's not about what I did not understand. I have my theories about the "truest meaning" of the series, but I was also curious to know what you all think.

but if you truly care about what I did not understand here it is: why(how?) did gendo get that tiny adam embryo embedded in his hand? also wasn't adam that big white crucifixed thing deep down in central dogma? why the fuck was kaworu chosen to be a pilot? and more. it's plenty of things that elude me about the secondary detail and the lore of it all, but I believe that they have nothing to do with the message/moral

Kaji delivered the Adam embryo to Gendo and then he just attached it to his hand.

Lilith is the white giant in central dogma.

Kaworu is a clone with Adam's soul.

why in the rebuild after the third impact everything is fucking destroyed but the nerv hq seems to be up on a reversed pyramid on top of a pole, deserted and in ruins, and how does it continue to be functional to the point of building the new eva (the one shinji operates with kaworu)?

>rebuilds

Not him but I'll have a go at it.

Gendo just embeds it in his hand, there is not much thought put into it, he needs a piece of Adam and a piece of Lilith (Rei) to begin instrumentality and see his wife again. In the manga he eats the embryo - it doesn't really matter that much.

That big white crucified thing in central dogma is Lilith. That is why the angels are attacking NERV, if Lilith and an Angel make contact it is 3rd impact and the end of humanity.

Kaworu was chosen as a replacement for Asuka since her brain was fried. He is sent by Seele to both pilot and to initiate Instrumentality, but I don't think there is much more since the series ends abruptly, they probably would have explained Kaworu better in a few more episodes.

I've never bothered to analyze the rebuilds.

well fuck

another thing that confuses me, I have always tought that seele's goal was to unify all the souls of humanity with the instrumentality project but now it seems that they just wanted to exterminate all humanity and leave angels in our place . which one is it and why?

SEELE just wanted humanity to evolve beyond the need for physical bodies and consequently physical boundaries. They got what they wanted with the sea of LCL.

Shotgun three Heineken's, take six shots of Everclear, smash your face into your keyboard until blacked out. There, the plot of Evangelion.

If I am remembering correctly the exterminate humanity part is a lie they tell Kaworu at the end, again this is not developed on since the series ended. Seele's goal is absolutely to unify all the souls of humanity using instrumentality, it is even described by them as "the next step in human evolution". At the end, a member of Seele is seen smiling as he turns into LCL, they firmly believe they are helping humanity and ensuring the next step in evolution. If anything they are trying their best to protect and help humanity.

it's not the plot i'm mainly interested in, famila

ok but if that was the case, why was gendo "double-crossing" them with his own agenda? he basically wanted the same thing so that he could see yui again. instead he got at odds with seele resulting in the attack on nerv by the UN forces

Yui is still stuck in Unit-01 when the sea of LCL is formed so the two plans are at odds with each other. Gendo's only goal is to get Yui's soul out of Unit-01.

NGE is a love letter to all otaku. Its telling you to get off your fat ass and live your life. You will never be happy if you are alone and not making human connections.

Yes you can get hurt, but you can also find joy.

That's it, all the tropes and robots is just a nice foil for a story about people.

Gendo's scenario would allow him to take control of the hive mind and become a singular God, whereas Seele wanted a proper hivemind with no individuality whatsoever.

which one lads? (personally I believe this )

Now see this is what I was going to write as well but we know that instrumentality, regardless of its inception, would have resulted in all souls being merged into once, because when Shinji rejects it the last person he sees in the sea of LCL is his mother, meaning that her soul was there.

Is there anything that mentions him wanting to become a "God" and control everyone?

Shinji can only 'speak' to Yui because at that point he's still in Unit-01. Once he re-emerges in the sea of LCL, Yui peaces out into space and goes on to say that she'll always be proof that humanity existed because her soul will be inside Unit-01 for all eternity.

The only thing we know about Gendo's plan is that he wants Yui back. There's nothing about controlling anything as a god.

Gendo's goal is fully personal while Seele wants to push humanity's evolution further.

not that I know of, no. also if he wanted to become a god, why would foyutski or whatevere the fuck it is called have helped him?

wasn't eva 01 itself gonna be the proof of human existance and bla bla bla? shouldn't yui's soul have been merged in the sea of lcl?

also where the fuck does lcl comes from?

Why? Shinji choking out Asuka is prime spank bank material.

Right, you are correct.
That's how I remember it too, no mention of any God stuff, just his wife.

Yui is still inside Eva 01, so they both remain as proof of humanity.

LCL is what humans are made of. It comes from them breaking down when their souls are removed. Also Lilith secretes it.

Remember what happened in Rebuild when Shinji tore Rei out of the Eva she was stashed in like Yui was, and destroyed the world?

That was probably more or less Gendo's plan.

Yui's soul can't be merged into the sea of LCL because Unit-01 re-activates and rips and tears its way out of Stay Puff Rei. If her soul wasn't inside the Eva it couldn't move.

When all the living beings on earth get turned into LCL it forms an ocean because of the sheer quantity of it all.

the two sisters are light/darkness or day/night ?

>also where the fuck does lcl comes from?

That is one of the many things that does not matter, its just window dressing. The eva, the robots, everything.

Those questions are not important. The story is about a people learning to love themselves so they can love and be loved by others.

FYI The lcl comes from lilith and when they destroy your at field, the barrier to your soul that keeps people separate you turn into lcl.

That all is junk, its not important, just focus on the people

Three cunts with daddy issues (or mommy), and a giant twat.

Get in the fucking robot Shinji, stop being a faggot.

So the show refers to the Eva once or twice as an "ark" of sorts. This is relevant to Yui's interest, which is to ensure that humanity will never be forgotten. The contact experiment she conducts with EVA-01 basically houses her soul inside the more or less invincible EVA.

LCL comes from Lilith, it is described as a "primordial soup" from which life originates, kinda like the one in biology books.

Lads, I didn't mean that Gendo's primary intention was to become God. I was simply explaining why Seele saw him as a threat; no matter how virtuous his intentions are, his method still would appoint himself as God and fuck up their plans.

Frankly, we don't know what Gendo's plan would mean for the rest of humanity. It's entirely possible that all he would accomplish is reforming Rei into Yui.

Seele saw him as a threat because he was planning to take control of all the pieces they wanted to use to do something very different from what their goal was.

I know man, as I wrote herei'd like to hear if anyone had the same interpretation of the meaning of the story as I do. I agree that the robots, the abrahmitic references and shit are just sugar to give the series an exotic appeal for the gooks, to make the thing more interesting and basically make it sell

I thought he wanted to turn the world into Tang? I thought fourth impact was his ultimate goal?

Just go watch RE Death, it will explain everything

youtube.com/watch?v=JtXT-8C-6OE

There's actual meaning to the religious symbolism. It just doesn't pertain to anything religious.

Again, all we know about Gendo's main goal is that he wanted Yui back. His goal was not to destroy the world or humanity, nor to rule over it. Gendo just wanted Yui back, consequences be damned. The main thing we do not know is whether his plan would have resulted in the collecting of everyone else's souls like the Instrumentality we saw or not. It certainly could have done that, or it might have been extremely small scale, only changing Rei, or anything in between.

and what would that be?

>consequences be damned.

So he would have destroyed the planet to get his gf back. Gendo needs to grow the fuck up

>Gendo needs to grow the fuck up
You don't come between a man and his waifu.

Potentially, yes. Gendo is essentially a failed person; an example not to follow. He shunned the world and others because he couldn't move on, and essentially spent a solid 15 years running from reality.

But Yui sacrificed herself for Shinji. Gendo is a massive dick for ignoring that sacrifice. Plus, he's banging everything with a vagina, so his true motivations are murky are best.

And that's why he was punished in the end.

All his fucking around was solely to manipulate, though. We can be pretty sure he didn't give a shit about Ritsuko or her mother.

how can you tell that yui sacrificed herself for shinji?

also he fucked the two scientists because he needed them for his ultimate goal, he didn't do it for love and most likely not even for lust

who can say....

So in the movie Gendo says something to Ritsuko but there is no audio before shooting her bitch ass, and she responds with "You liar". What does he say?

They don't tell you, its not really important. Its implied to be i love you

the real question is, where do you fall in the waifu wars?

The cross symbolizes the conflict between your own perspective of yourself and other people's perspective of you and how they change each other.

It's left silent because what he says isn't important. The point of the scene is that Ritsuko wouldn't have believed him regardless of what he said. Their relationship deteriorated to the point that everything he said, she interpreted as a lie.

"I truly needed you."

The main reason to believe this is because Ritsuko/Rei types it on the computer as she tangs Maya, and also it makes sense.

It's absolutely not love. Gendo's whole character is based around his undying love for Yui.

He fucking laughed at Ritsukos mom when she sprayed the wall with Rei pt. 1.

Because Yui knew what was coming. She wasn't some mouth breathing retard.

>It's absolutely not love. Gendo's whole character is based around his undying love for Yui.

Obviously he does not love her, but he is the type of person to say i love you or i care for you right before he kills them.

She knew he was telling a lie and being a selfish asshole

I see. Like this one too Every girl is waifu, I just want to hug everyone in the show, that's all these fucked up people need, maybe a cup of tea.

it just works

i'm sorry, i believe

well dude the contrast between asuka and rei it's quite obvious. rei rapresents platonic love and genuine affection born of kindness and interest, while also being an anti-vital force; while asuka rapresents eros and sexuality: especially in the anime she constantly talks about sex, the boys being perverts and such things, but she also rapresents a lively force because sex is intrinsically related to life, and also the fact that she fights to stay alive as she did when her mother tried to kill her, while rei killed herself for shinji and was nultimately never truly alive

Even then I'm not convinced he loved her. I think he flipped shit because she died before he could initiate 4th impact.

Every single thing Gendo does and says is about Yui, while there isn't a single thing that points to him solely wanting to go after 4th Impact. Your objection doesn't make any sense.

what is ritsuko/rei types it one the computer as she tangs maya?

can you please explain? I don't follow

The scene when everyone sees Rei come to them in the form of someone they love, touches them, and turns them to tang as she retrieves their souls. When Rei comes to Maya, she takes the form of Ritsuko, hugs Maya, and types on the computer Maya was using. When it shows Maya being tanged, we see the screen of the computer with the words "I need you" as Maya's hand flies off and hits the screen.

she types i need you, or i love you, or some such nonsense.

it was all part of the being happy moment before you turn into tang that seems to befall most people. well except for the one male bridge bunny, he was scared as fuck

are you sure you watched eva? is this some elaborate troll?

Other than the fact that he was always madder than a spring hare.

SEELE, while evil, knew that he was throwed off.

Again, Gendo is an example of a failed person. He's not the person you're supposed to look at in this show and think "Yeah, that's a good person. I should follow his example!"

Both Seele and Gendo were wrong for different reasons.

oh ok, I didn't quite catch the equivalence "tang" = lcl

read above

>it's another infodump thread for newfags

Helped out someone understand some parts of it and learned something new about it myself.
How is this an issue.

You're right, we should be shitposting about waifus instead.

well its about time

I'm not convinced Gendo ever had pure motives. His obession over Lilith and Adam, his need to be wanted, his desire to be the architect of 4th impact. I mean, how can you objectively look at any of that and think he's got some good ideas?

Hell, the arrival of Angels is entirely his fault for his fuckery in the Arctic.

>how can you objectively look at any of that and think he's got some good ideas?
I'm not. Do you now know how to read?

Do you not know*

No, you're right, we need to enable newfags to be completely incompetent and end our questions without a question mark to emulate gaiafags. Of course.

>I'm not convinced Gendo ever had pure motives.

That much is obvious, Gendo had only one motivation. To be reunited with Yui, his waifu. Literally everything he did was to further that goal.

Everyone in the show is broken, they are all examples of bad human beings who fail to connect with each other, make selfish decisions, and then fucking end the world.

No. I'm a chimp wired into a computer, using my brain to put words on screen.

Exactly, user. Let's shitpost about waifus! Boy, I sure do bet your waifu is shit. Mine, however, is the best! Take that, faggot!

>gaiafags

grandpa where did you come from, did i fall in a timewarp back to 2007?

What's sad is Shinji got the long dong. He's broken because Gendo is a giant douche.

Gendo was such a cool guy.

No, user you see spoonfeeding newfags is simply the cornerstone this board was built upon.

On the contrary, it's shitposting about waifus that lays the foundation of this board.

You see it actually is whereas spoonfeeding newfags has never been something regularly participated in. Thanks for playing.

Thank you for agreeing with me. Now, stop spoondfeeding me about this board's culture and start shitposting about your inferior waifu already.

Only thing getting laid around here...

You don't seem to understand what spoonfeeding means you tasteless faggot. In addition, you're insisting upon a false dichotomy that proposes only two modes of communication in Eva threads.

In short, you're a faggot.

it's not only that gendo is an asshole. he is probably the weakest character of them all- he takes the last name of his wife, he abandon his child because he is not fit to be a parent and is afraid to fail him - failing him still through his own absence - and is not even able to keep on living without yui. his hard ass act is merely a facade

We've already come to an agreement, yet you refuse to shitpost about waifus. What's wrong with you?

I liked the episode where he talks to Shinji at the graveyard and then just casually flies away in his cuckcopter.

well someone has to start the shitposting.

fucking reifags, what do they see in that fucking toilet?