So I'm taking this course in college and one of the course assignments asks: "why is diversity in the workplace...

So I'm taking this course in college and one of the course assignments asks: "why is diversity in the workplace important?"

You know that thousand yard stare you get sometimes where your vision goes blurry for a few seconds and you're just so deep in thought but at the same time can't process anything?

I'm trying so hard to keep my power level in check but reading some of my classmates responses it's becoming so incredibly difficult when people (all women) are like "diversity is so important! it's sad people still hold old values!" and shit like that.

I don't want to get in trouble for my opinions but it's hard letting this shit slide without saying anything.

What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Seven
inc.com/jessica-stillman/more-diversity-means-more-revenue-but-less-happiness.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

approach with logical arguments, maybe emphasis on the process in capitalism has already reduced efficiency to its lowest common denominator and diversity isnt necessarily integral to peak workplace performance.

as a progressive myself i find it shocking and appalling to find the true lack of diversity in manual labor jobs when it comes to including women.
get them to come to your conclusion through their line of reasoning

the workplace is about money, capitalism, not diversity and liveral talking points. people have to do what makes sense economically in the workplace, now if there are affirmative action regulations then it makes sense too avoid a costly lawsuit. but ubless the company is targeting a foreign market rarely does a foreign element in the workforce help the goal.

What are some of the reasons they give for thinking diversity is important? Most importantly what's the "official" class position on the suject?
I'm assuming it has do with the dubious argument of multiple points of view provided by people with different backgrounds and experiences.

>"why is diversity in the workplace important?"
it's not, people able to do their fucking job are important

Ladies and gentlemen, leaf education. Seriously though, meritocracy is far more important than "diversity". Tell the truth. You don't believe diversity is important and with good reason and evidence, prove it.

go all out, stats, everything. drop out and go become a carpenter or something. go back to school in 10 years once it blows over/balkinization.

Fuck you nigger. FUCK YOU

>With cultural/racial/gender/sexual diversity come new and important perspectives/ideas and that's the most important kind of diversity for a business to become a successful venture.
It's complete horseshit but at least you can needle the commie faggots that their idea of cosmetic diversity is fucking dumb without giving them something firm to scold you over.

Sad thing is that you used to be able to go to work, do your job, not get personal but now everyone is fucking SJW. I'm taking notes to get my boss fired one day. Until then we are commanded to use the proper fucking pronouns. Can't wait till all is exposed. I'm saying Merry Christmas like a mother fucker this year. Building a yard sign right now.

Don't forget to mention homogeneity and IQ. Your in college, it really means nothing, so just say what you think. It's only when you offend an employer that it makes a difference to your life.

It can be important for a lot of jobs. It's just that commies have hijacked the thought so that now the only diversity is skin color. It should be diversity of thought, values, background, experience, etc as everyone will tackle a task in different ways and their own personal experiences will dictate how they do that

If by diversity you mean bringing in people with different skills, experiences, education, etc, then diversity can be beneficial to large companies.

If by diversity you mean giving less-qualified people jobs because they are brown or have vaginas, then diversity is toxic and you hurt the company.

>"why is diversity in the workplace important?"
A: Diversity of thought is important to allow the best ideas to emerge and rise to the top.

If I were him, I'd totally bring it up. Argue diversity of thought and skillset are far more important than hiring someone just because you need them to feel up a quota.

talk about diversity of ideas, instead of diversity of gender/race/sexuality

Argue diversity of ideas and opinions is undervalued without including any racists arguments etc. and you will be fine

this

Just hide your power level and write what's expected of you. When you get out in the real world and join the workforce, that's when you implement your master plan or take part in efforts to bring them down from within.

Diversity of ideas is important. Try writing about that.

>why is diversity important in the workplace?
It gives you the widest candidate pool to draw the best workers for the lowest price. The only answer that isn't full SJW that won't get you kicked out of school.

If diversity was helpful they wouldn't need laws in place to enforce it.

This.

If you can't redpill them from the right, then redpill them from their own side. Repackage their own idiotic ideas and throw it back at them. Their distaste for doing manual labor will override their love of having "women in the workplace".

Followup: Just say that diversity allows for different thought patterns because races/sexes have different genetic predispositions towards certain thought patterns and behaviors.

That is the leftist meaning behind it. They just double think around it when questioned on those details.

Respond in a way that you reject the idea that diversity has anything to do with skin color. Explain that in a colorblind society, diversity is in your thoughts and personalities and there is more to humanity than 7 or 8 shades of skin. In a society which judges you on the content of your character, it is impossible to have a room full of people who are not diverse.

Easy. Don't take a stance. Provide arguments and counter arguments and state how diversity of thought, meritocracy are what is really needed.

Make it about intellectual diversity and if they ask "wtf" you just feign ignorance.

Don't fight the question. Just reply with vapid supporting arguments that give you convincing plausible deniability.

Truth is a game for grandmasters. The class you take is a honeypot. Save your ammunition for the real war and learn to hide among the enemy.

>logical arguments
>against women
>leftist women
Kek, you go full emotional argument. They want a story to whine about not cold numbers.

so big employers have a convenient reason to give you the shaft and abuse visa programs. it probably makes organized labor harder to organize.

Actually, there is research into how mixed-sex collectives are healthier. Use google.

As for the skin colour or nationality, I think there's a lot to say on the topic that goes beyond 'muh diversity'. I observed multiple times that some teams have national majorities. Like, in a British company, Germans would try to hire Germans to their team, Arabs would try to hire Arabs, Ukrainians would try to hire Ukrainians, etc. This may in principle conflict with the hiring policies of a company. I've seen a reverse situation as well; I know an Eastern European guy who was specifically looking to work under German management.

The real question is why are you even in this class wasting your life.

>I don't want to get in trouble for my opinions but it's hard letting this shit slide without saying anything.
Better learn to do that. People have their lives destroyed for dissenting opinions. Fight smart.

Honestly, in my classes a guy brought up the Edinburgh Seven...

It made me appreciate merit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Seven

White women are the enemy

Diversity is bad for society (reference "Bowling Alone") therefore it is bad for the work place. Pretty easy argument to make and defend.

I'm in the exact same situation OP, the fucking groupthink and shaming amazes me. I'll be leaving uni here soon, going back to my own country to study there. Huge mistake though... now I'm in debt.

yep.

>Edinburgh seven
So they were "stronger together." These Hidden Figures worked together to kvetch real loud. Ok then.

WOMEN ARE 3/5 OF A PERSON

BLACKS ARE NON-HUMAN PERSONS, 2/5 AT BEST

Don't debate me. Debate reality.

Well what diversity means exactly? Diversity of races? Genders? Or inner experience? Where is the limit to diversity?

if they kick you out of the class, then you can complain for them fucking with your freedom of speech.

>Well what diversity means exactly?

minimum presence of white males. preferably none, in fact.

I work for an R&D company run by an Indian and two Jews. They hire nothing but American Polacks (me plus five other people whose names start with K and end with -ski) who do the heavy lifting for the company, then hire Chinese to fill up the menial work slots. THAT is true diversity

This. Reduce to absurdity

>I work for an R&D company run by an Indian and two Jews
Google, amirite?
>pooinloo: Sundar Pichai
>jew 1: Larry Page
>jew 2: Sergei Brin

If race and gender are social constructs, why are they always looking for diversity and demanding affirmative action?

if there is no such thing as the white race why are only white people able to be racist?

when did the word MINORITY change to meaning skin tone instead of a math term....meaning LESSER NUMBER (brownies are the MAJORITY on the planet, whites are the MINORITY...time to RECLAIM our English language)

why are they are not demanding diversity in football, basketball, diversity in black colleges, diversity in La Raza, diversity in Jewish Rabbi's....?

why are they so focused on a "white social construct" that they claim "whiteness" isn't real to begin with?

why are women screeching about the PATRIARCHY while trying to get into industries run by the PATRIARCHY?(do they like being triggered?)

Why are blacks ALWAYS looking for 50% representation in all industries when they only make up 14% of the population?

Why are Indians (from India) talking about white racism and "all men are created equal" when they come from THE MOST RACIST RACE and live under the caste system? Many who are here are here because they are on the LOWER caste system and can't rise above, yet lecture whites about equality.

why are women more focused on being men (which they hate) and do they REALLY KNOW what it means to be a woman? (hint: being a woman isn't being like a man)

why are they hyper focused on genitalia and skin tone for jobs and education (which has nothing to do with great minds) while demanding to not be sexualized due to genitalia and discriminated agaisnt because of their skin tone?

>What does Sup Forums think?
that you're selling your morals and beliefs for a meme degree that won't you buy anything because you can't even get enough of a loan for a downpayment on a home because your country is like a refugee camp for rich chinese who buy up all real estate.

As others have stated above: they've left diversity undefined, so define it in a non-racial/gender fashion.

Focus on diversity in education (if a job requires a degree, why does it, and are their alternative access routes?) and viewpoint, but also state that a workplace only exists as long as it is a viable business; if efforts to bring about diversity compromise the viablity of the organisation, then it should not be pursued.

What school. What course?

This.

Lost my job cause I spoke too much truth around nogs. Now I'm a NEET for the first time in my life.

It is important because the goyim must suffer needlessly

Brownies are still a minority in the west.

hArdCore.

No tho, you're a whiney bitch.

May kek bless you. The demiurge sees what you did there. Keep going user. All of you keep going.

>Falling for the General Indoctrination meme

Education is dead and has been for a long time.

Hang tight. We've got your back, trooper.

you know you can answer "why is x y" questions with "x is not y" user?

What were their responses?

Diversity helps the bottom line but makes workers less happy. It's important if you don't want workers to be able to unionize and not kill themselves at their job. But hey, who cares about that when there's money to be made?

Forgot link:

inc.com/jessica-stillman/more-diversity-means-more-revenue-but-less-happiness.html

be sure to include that government institutions have always had higher rates of discrimination or enacted laws that made private companies enforce discrimination. The market only cares about money, not skin colour.

End with suggesting your Uni's faculty increase it's diversity quotas and that your prof should be replaced with a fat black crippled trans dyke.

>this
sjw faggots only recognise mainstream conservatism anyway, so just go so far right that they don't have the defenses for it because it wasnt refuted on Colbert or Jimmy Fallon and they will be a lot more reasonable
literally unironically do this user im not joking, far-right positions are so alien and different to a liberals idea of conservatism

Mention manual labor and the percentage of women that choose a traditional lifestyle. I don't think you should have to force diversity. Whoever is best at their job will get the fucking job

go to a real collage fucking leaf

This.

Sometimes you'll get a professor that cares about formulating a logical argument but in the social sciences you got to be careful. They may want you to conform to the ideology since you know for damn sure that all your classmates will be doing so.

Diverstity is NOT important in the workplace.

The only thing important is that you hire the best people with the best skills.

Nothing more profitable than hiring a diversity Vice President for six figures who doesn’t produce anything but HR lawsuits.

>college

There's your problem. For white males of modest means, college is a waste of time and money.

Tell your prof where to stick her dumb assignment, pack up your stuff and move to Alberta tomorrow. Plenty of work for white men out there, no thanks to the NDP.