The results of the 2016 US election are clear that some sort of electoral reform is desperately needed in America...

The results of the 2016 US election are clear that some sort of electoral reform is desperately needed in America. I am a Trump supporter, I am glad he won, but the circumstances surrounding his victory are fucked up. How can one candidate receive more support from the populace and still lose an election? That does not make any sense. The electoral college might have functioned properly 200 years ago but it is clear that in 2017 it is broken.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/01/18/politics/obama-voter-fraud-fake-news/index.html
unvis.it/cnn.com/2017/01/18/politics/obama-voter-fraud-fake-news/index.html
youtu.be/hDc8PVCvfKs
youtube.com/watch?v=sK-sdVDdUOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A fucking sage

>The electoral college might have functioned properly 200 years ago
It's working just fine. The founding fathers foresaw the dangers of direct democracy so they invented a system that invested electoral power in the states.

By the way, I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else on this Manchurian Christmas tree forum: fix up your own shitty country before you tell us what to do with ours.

There is nothing wrong with my country. I want to do as much good in the world as possible and that involves suggesting improvements to other countries.

checked and /thread

Yes, we indeed need a reform.
Let's make the Senate and Chamber only relevant at making the people's voice heard to the Leader, so that he keeps working not only in the best interest of the nation but also as to not push them around... too much.
Beside, democracies are a plutocratic scam.

>There is nothing wrong with my country.
>Being this stupid
Oh Leaf it's worse than you know

Trump campaigned to win the electoral college, not the popular vote.

good fucking god, they call us stuck up

>I want to do as much good in the world as possible and that involves suggesting improvements to other countries.
We tried that, it's a bad idea.

>I want to do as much good in the world as possible
I'm glad you're going to kys then.

/thread

Worry about Canada.

>Yes, we indeed need a reform
>we need reform
No "we" exists faggot, there is yours and there is mine. Or are you dumb enough to not realize we are separate countries leaf ?

He won by the electoral vote which is how it is how it always was. We can't have California or New York electing our president each time.

Learn our history before you start talking about it. The US is NOT a direct democracy.
The presidency is not based on most votes but most state support.

The federal gov't was ratified by the states not by individual citizen. When you vote you are voting not for who should be president but who your state should support for president.

You may not like it and think a direct democracy is better but it is not broken and works as intended. Maybe the democrats should do a better job of appealing to people in middle america

Why don't you deal with your Trudeau problem before you worry about what happens down here?

>We can't have Texas or Florida electing our President each time

If you subtract all the illegals voting in California and dead people voting in Chicago, he wins popular vote quite easily too. Why do you think the left screeches every time regarding voter ID’s?

>muh illegals
You drumpanzees are a one trick pony

most of hillaries support that topped trumps in any district in any meaningful way were in california. remove 5 districts from southern cali which are inhabited by illegals and hillary didnt win the popular vote

also hawiia didnt vote in the 2016 election. it was given to the democrats and a fake number of votes denoted to the election from hawiia. obama tried to hold japanese ex-patriots who legally immigrated to america in hawiia in a fenced off enclosure while a volcano erupted and lava slowly edged towards them then he deported old samoan (not really a thing) men to a island with no electricity or running water and they almost all died then he imported in muslims from mylasia who started fights with the "somoans" and white people didnt want to buy the land any more since the volcano was still active and there is no such thing as volcano insurance and it was all baka obamas fault

>Muh illegal voters

The rules of the game were to win a select number of states, weighted by population. If the rules were to obtain a popular vote plurality, Clinton would have campaigned in red states and Trump would have campaigned in blue states. If you think about people who live in hard red and hard blue states, a lot of them don't vote because they have little affect on the result. There are a lot more Republicans in New York than there are Democrats in Wyoming, just when talking about sheer numbers, which is all that matters in a popular election.

There is simply no way to determine who would have won because the campaign would have been different from the start. I think Trump would have at least closed the gap, since the states he lost were much bigger in population.

>Blumpf is about to get impeached or drop out any day now. Ree
>voter IDs are discrimination because Muh poor people don’t have $10-25 yet they somehow have IDs to get on section 8 and welfare

As long as the trick pony is true and not corrected, why would we stop talking about it?

Even with your illegal ballot stuffing, illegal aliens voting, felons voting, etc. you still lost. So what's your solution? Change the rules until you win. Fuck you loser. Gimme some more tears

While you hillshills don't even bother and just beat and rape the same dead horse over and over again. Is Brock really paying you so little per post that you have to constantly post your trash in order to earn more shekels?

Mueller has only just begun. Tick tock, drumplets

Stop trying to fear monger over something that doesn't exist.

cnn.com/2017/01/18/politics/obama-voter-fraud-fake-news/index.html

>How can one candidate receive more support from the populace and still lose an election?
Because they encouraged illegal citizens in California and elsewhere to vote since there are no provisions and regulations to stop them.

Obama even did it on television in front of the face of everyone. Anyone still confused about the results are either shills or complete idiots.

Please archive unvis.it/cnn.com/2017/01/18/politics/obama-voter-fraud-fake-news/index.html

Fuck off leaf! You are not even original. I have seen this thread like a million times.

The electoral college will be fine as is, if we deport the spics.

>There is nothing wrong with my country
Wake up Leaf.
And Fuck off.

Haha. Fuck off leaf.

the electoral college makes it a lot harder to rig the vote. too many different jurisdictions and voting systems. if you really believe hillary got 65 million votes I've got a bridge to sell you. I mean her rallies couldn't even fill high school gymnasiums and they had to use CGI and blatantly fake crowd shots. i mean c'mon.

Last I heard back in May is that Trump wouldnt make it through the first year. Awfully close to January now. Back in 2016 at this time I heard that he wouldn’t even make it to inauguration. Tick tock is right, soyboy. Prepare to cry some more estrogen filled tears on New Years Eve.

Hillary Clinton was so fucking egotistical that she STOPPED running polls in October and spent MILLION (MILLIONS!) of dollars turning out the black people vote in New Orleans. She NEVER had a chance of winning Louisiana but she was unironically ironically worried that she'd win the election but lose the popular vote. She's accusing Trump of the exact same muh poplar trees that she spend MILLIONS of Bernie's money to avoid.,

What's wrong with this? Parents could do permanent mental and psychological damage to their children if they don't accept who they are .. It is the worst form of child abuse.

Actually the system is working perfectly fine. The electoral college system is retained solely to stop the Democrats winning every single time through the mass-importing of foreigners into the country to demographically trash it and boost their electoral share.

Who gives a fuck about the total voting numbers. First of all the electoral college worked because it stopped the peoples from 3 or 4 States from being able to decide for the entire country.
Seconds of all, this election was fucked, our political parties are fucked. Just about the entire united stated literally thought one candidate or the other should be arrested and in prison and we had to vote on one of them.

I also agree that conservatives need not fear the popular vote. Trump would have won anyways in 2016 since he simply ran the better campaign, and didn't waste MILLIONS of dollars on total bullshit. The current election landscape would fundamentally change with a popular vote system. Conservatives living in the depths of liberal hellholes like Detroit and LA would finally come out in droves, pissed that they can't stop liberals from throwing their city down the drain, but inspired that they can seize back the country.

Democrats will never win another election if we switch to popular vote. Imagine every grandma in Idaho pouring out to vote, knowing that her ballot DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS some liberal pussbag in Berkeley. It will be the glorious revolution we've all been waiting for.

This is the reason why

CNN
>Unbiased journalism.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't the libs ever thought Trump should be in prison, what did he do that would warrant that?

*doubt

Most of the red areas are sparsely populated by uneducated, racist rednecks who will always vote Republican because of their low IQ.

Sexually assaulting 12 women, raping a 13 year old, tax evasion, the list goes on and on ..

>The results of the 2016 US election are clear that some sort of electoral reform is desperately needed in America.

YES AND THE REFORM IS CALLED REMOVE FIRST PAST THE POST

If you think first past the post is not the biggest problem and electoral system is YOU ARE MENTALLY RETARDED.

How I would think usa should do elections instead of first past the post. (depends what electoral rules allow to be made):

First part
Candidate have numbers and tell their numbers.
At election day, there are various rows full of numbers where you checkmark the digits of your candidate.
You can vote at a max of 9 candidates and a min of 0

Part 2
Top 9 most voted at the state are going to be voted with electoral votes. The top 9 candidates with more electoral votes go to the next part

Part 3
PS: if there are 9 candidates or less only you can skip part 1 and 2 and go here.
People at state give votes from 1 to 10 to every one of the 9 candidates, your vote is INVALID if you dont give a score to all 9

Part 4
Electoral voters give the average score the candidate had at their state.
The one with better average win

I need a High Res version of this to hang on my wall

Also it'd be interesting to see thus map overlaid with crime statistics

tax evasion, meaning NOLs. completely legal. the others are just unfounded allegations. hillary being a corruopt unindicted felon however, there is plently of evidence for that.

Good things come to those who wait, drumplet. In a year from now drumpf will be crying in prison and Hillary will be in the white house fixing his mess.

You made it legal to fuck dogs in Canada.
>nothing wrong

No the electoral college is best. If it wasn't for the EC the candidates would only need to focus on a couple states. Different states have vastly different needs. The people in NYC/LA/Chicago and shit don't have the same needs as people in Montana, Maine, Texas, and Iowa. There needs to be a president that represents the needs of those people too. For example
>some of us live in areas that have bears/wolves/mountain lions.
For people like us, we have a legitimate for things like semi-auto rifles. An AR10 can stop a pissed off bear with cubs in the area, or take out a bunch of wolf's attacking pets and livestock. You can't do that with a bolt action, single shot, shot gun, or handgun. I live on a ranch, I have plenty of animals I need to protect. I need the ability to pop off a lot of shots, and be able to just throw another mag in real quick incase there's more/I missed. Citiots will never understand that.
If Hilary had won my ability to protect my animals and family would have gone away after Vegas.

>I am a Trump supporter
No you aren't. It's to prevent mob rule and maintain individual sovereignty.

Plain majority is too easy to manipulate. What I see as a problem are things like VA going blue in the Senate despite 6/10 districts are red in Congress.

>Leaf sucking terrorist cock
>I am doing good
Good goy leaf

trump didn't break any tax laws. if you don't like that he can claim carry forward net losses well than change the tax code.

I don't know, the fact that he committed treason to help his butt buddy, Putin?

Why do you care if some person you have never met and will never meet wants to partake in beastiality? How does that affect you in any way? Why do you feel a need to control other peoples lives?

but why? you would need evidence first which we don't have.

>We have an age limit on drinking
>We have an age limit on smoking
>We have an age limit on consensual sex
>My 8 year old is old enough to know what gender ze is and we should respect zis decision

where's the damn evidence?

>Most of the red areas are sparsely populated by uneducated, racist rednecks who will always vote Republican because of their low IQ.

STOP TRYING TO GUESS FIRST PAST THE POST

all elections that used fist past the post until now are irrelevant, because first past the post is a shitty system that can't be used to gauge opinions.

If somoene vote republican (or democrat) this doenst mean they prefer republicans (or democrats), they maybe hate both candidates but think only those 2 have chance to win, so they dont want to waste their vote and pick the lesser of two evils.

Also with fist past the post, if hillary, bill and trump run for president, anyone voting for bill is saying trump and hillary are equal, if someone vote for hillary they are saying trump and bill are equal. This because of bullshit first past the post.

There are more problems.

Anyway stop trying to guess something about an election made using first past the post, its stupid.

Calls for electoral reform always come from the side that lost. Had the election gone the other way, there would have been cheers and comments to the effect that the American electoral system is the finest system in the entire universe.

>It's working just fine. The founding fathers foresaw the dangers of direct democracy so they invented a system that invested electoral power in the states.

Exactly. It makes no sense to say that it's not working because the popular vote didn't win. If its purpose was to always produce the same result as the popular vote, they would not have bothered and instead just had the popular vote.

>Most of the red areas are sparsely populated by uneducated, racist rednecks who will always vote Republican because of their low IQ.

I thought you were trying to defend democracy in your first post. You just gave up on it.

Voter ID laws, you fucking idiot shill. There's a reason why democrats supress more stringent voter identification laws.
And because I doubt your intellectual faculties to answer that statement, here it is: it's to facilitate voter fraud using fake identities to enable double votes, and enable illegals - who don't even have a fucking citizenship - to vote.

youtu.be/hDc8PVCvfKs

the electoral college was made because the founding fathers did not trust the common people to choose a rightful leader. I reckon they knew a thing or two.

>all elections that used fist past the post until now are irrelevant,

When I means irrelevant, I TRULY MEAN THAT.

Yes, if jesus christ his era an electionm ade with first past the post it would be irrelevant.
Selecting a pet with first past the post is wrong.

Anyway, its really this irrelevant.
>"but this means all elections at many countries made with first past the post until now are irrelevant"
YES THEY ARE, DEAL WITH IT
Humans do some ultra stupid shit, this is one of them

This user is the biggest faggot in Canada. That is really saying somthing.

youtube.com/watch?v=sK-sdVDdUOc

>there is nothing wrong with my country
Shits so bad that you deny the plethora of issues to criticize America. Watching Canadian news and talk shows are amazing because they talk so much about everyday Americans and literally Americans couldn't care less about Canada

does that mean super delegates would be out?

This is why, you fucking retard

The left can not meme, you fags just need to stop.

And why should you care about our elections?

Sage you Leaf.
Our country was never intended to be a direct democracy when will you retards ever learn, our entire system is a representative system. We vote for representatives to represent us in the federal level. Our representatives vote for our president based on our state's majority vote.

>In a year from now drumpf will be crying in prison and Hillary will be in the white house fixing his mess.
Lol,what? you do know there is no fucking way she's going to be president. There are people below Trump in the republican party that are in line if he is impeached. That's a big if.

democrat cities are pretty much all plagued with voter fraud. This statement is separate from trumps claim. The point is, literally if you don't know there is a large amount of voter fraud, then you are naive, too young, or a partisan

Because policy changes made by the US president have great impacts on my country and it is in my best interest to fix your electoral system in order to make sure the right person is elected.

>How does that affect you in any way? Why do you feel a need to control other peoples lives?

If this is how you feel then why the fuck did you make this thread retard? Fucking Canadians I swear to god.

Because electoral systems, american and our own, are not direct plebecites. In order to win in the USA you need to win the states. Getting 51% of the vote in Florida gets you all 29 electoral votes. Winning 95% of California gets you all 55 electoral votes. You need to win the states. In the exact same way, in our system you need to win the ridings in order to win enough seats to form a government. The number of votes is similarly skewed by the winning of the individual ridings. Majority PMs like Harper and Turdeau won approximately 60% of the seats with only around 40% of the popular vote. So you are criticizing them when your own system operates in a very similar way. You need to win states and ridings to win our respective elections, not popular vote. Now go away.

Never forget

Do you want war City faggot

It would be like having a hockey game, scored in goals, and your team loses 4-3. Then you saying "well we won because we had more shots on net 25-18. So we are the true winners" The game is scored in goals. Elections are scored in ridings and electoral votes. Kys.

War you dumb mother fuckers
Do you want it?

see

United STATES of America. Not the United States of California and New York.

You do realise hillary was exposed for rigging votes right. whether it be by destroying votes for trump or voting multiple times which is illegal. But as you said she still lost

Bring it on

>Because policy changes made by the US president have great impacts on my country and it is in my best interest to fix your electoral system in order to make sure the right person is elected.
Too bad you can't and won't.

go away with your shiddit spacing and spazzy sloppy bullshit

Fucking thank you. can't stand when Canadians talk about America- really hate it when they do that and think Canada is all good and Americans should consider what they think at all

The electoral system is in place to prevent certain locations from completely dominating all of America’s politics. Without the electoral system, New York, California, etc. dominates the politics of not so large states which may carry different needs. The electoral system also helps isolate the effects of voter fraud. In an electoral vote system, if an organized voter fraud campaign happens in one state, the effect is isolated to the one state and doesn’t have as heavy of influence on the overall election vs the popular vote scheme. So for example, California is horrible about bussing around illegals to vote as well as having loads of dead people voting Democrat. Thankfully, the effect is isolated to California because California will only have its set number of electoral votes. Adding so many thousands of illegals and dead votes won’t be able to alter the larger scheme of things against the other states. In a popular vote system, those illegals and dead votes would further outweigh things against the smaller states or the places who don’t allow this sort of fraud to happen. This is why I’m fine with our electoral system and don’t care to see it changed.

The current system prevented the worst timeline for Earth. i.e. Shillary winning

This. What's so hard to understand about having a different locale will make you more likely to hold different values? If we were to take the popular vote as is, all you need to do is have a look at this electoral map to see that the majority of the country would not have had their votes heard. The electoral college is necessary for the US.

Ok so what about large states like Texas and Florida deciding the 2016 election for the entire country? Also .. voter fraud doesn't exist. That is a yet to be proven weak conspiracy theory.

They reccieve electoral votes according to the number of members of the house and senate like all other states. Their higher popuations give them more seats in the house and therefore more electoral votes. Read a fucking book loser.

Why would we want California deciding every election with its army of Mexicans and Baizuo? Hillary’s entire popular vote victory came from Cali

Trumps win came from two states: Florida and Texas. Why should they get to decide the election for the whole country?

Electoral College is better than Democracy AKA Mob Rule

saged