Raw manga thread

Raw manga thread
What are you reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KLl6DZtyWpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice try /djt/

I think you mean Raw Manga Thread RMT #1

Didn't you know? It's suddenly illegal to have a thread subject or have numbered threads.

Thanks for the rec djt-user
The thread is dead, long live the thread

Hmmm.... if only we had some type of guide to put in the OP

I think you mean in the second post

this, since im a newb that is struggling with キノの旅

ちっぱい lol

you weren't kidding

If you're trying to crosslink its ">>>/board letter/number"

thanks

I kind of like this raw manga thread idea better. we could actually learn some stuff.

beats posting with stupid flags, i wouldnt have cared much otherwise
didnt even browse Sup Forums

i'd rather talk about raw cartoons than raw 漫画 to be 正直

そういうこといいけどどうしよう

Naruto

Shino a cute

acceptable as long as it's in japanese and you don't bother reading shippuden

Starting on よつばと. There's plenty in each chapter that I don't quite understand though. Would it make sense to read a translated version afterwards to make sure I've got the gist of it correctly?

No, you don't know enough japanese to know whether the translation is doing the right thing, and it wasn't translated with japanese learners in mind. Yotsubato's story is simple enough that you'll understand the gist anyways, and any confusions you have will reinforce any realizations you make about what someone is saying later on, making you learn more.

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.

I can almost always follow the story anyway but every now and then I'll find a few words that I don't know that end up with me having little idea of what is being said in that panel. I'll just keep adding those unknown words to my deck for now.

Am I allowed to ask questions about the language in here?

depends, is it from a made-up manga that doesn't actually exist
if so yes

Of course, but keep in mind that anything you learn from this thread must only be used to read raw manga.

RIP, djt.

>this on the banner

No you absolutely not.

still not my favorite

Which is a better choice for first time trying to read raw manga? An easy manga I'm not too interested to read otherwise or a difficult manga I'm interested in reading? Weighing out the sides and on one hand I'd be less motivated with easier but less interesting works, but on the other hand the difficulty and work for the higher level manga might hamper my enjoyment if I just read it translated in English.

Both, and continue reading the one you feel more like reading.

Depends on how easy and how hard you are talking about. Depends on what kind of person you are. Depends on your resolve. Depends on a lot of things.

You've given us almost 0 information so far so I'll just stick with

its pretty good imo, havent seen the anime yet
dont know if im ready for raw, couldnt find any subs on kisunekko

Is からかい上手の高木さん a good starting point? I've read the first two chapters and they look pretty easy.

Have you done your reps today yet?

What do you mean "reps"? You mean read a certain number of manga pages?

I put all of my raw manga into supermemo so that I can read incrementally. So yes, my manga reps.

I use anki in bed every night. Same place I read inuyasha.

dont joke about that someone will do that

why do you think i'm joking

actually i am but i've always wanted to do it. i just don't want to ruin a manga by doing that. i'm going to do it with something i've already read once i'm fluent.

Woah there, are you trying to start a fire?

What classics are you reading this week?

日本語を暗号にして隠し話しようぜ

いいアイデアだぜ
あのモッドくんはEOPだから俺らの話がわからないよね
多分

Reminder that manga is not reading and you're deluding yourself if you think so.

Okay, I'm fine with playing my manga instead.

Raw manga thread
What are you playing?

>reading is not reading

epic

ググル翻訳というものがあるのでそれは効率的な解答ではないと思います

does inuyasha count

Don't smuggle the shitposting from the late djt to the raw manga thread. We've had enough.

I actually don't read much manga anymore, but right now I like:

メイドインアビス
Hiatus x Hiatus
僕のヒーローアカデミア
つぐもも
ダンベル何キロ持てる (found it on /fit/ of all places)

I also briefly followed ケンガンアシュラ, but that got kinda boring after a while because I realized カルラ will never get to breed with MC.

何も読んでない。何かオススメがあったら教えてほしいな。

小規模なスレだったらModも見逃してくれるかな?
学校に行くより4ちゃんの皆と一緒に勉強したほうが分かりやすいし。
生い立ちが日本じゃなかったのが悔しいけど、今日も一日頑張るぞい。
はぁ、日本語が上手になりたいな。
最高までレベルを高めたい。
高く目標を設定しなきゃ!

だぜ~

Ah shit, posted prematurely. Fucking misclick. Ruined.

だぜ

youtube.com/watch?v=KLl6DZtyWpY

いいだぜ

じゃ翻訳機を騙すようにスッギョクヤバイ俗語を使おうよ

そ~よっ
ちmぷんぱmぷんの音ではよまへ~ん

これ、かのーかな
テキトーにかーけばゴゴルサンがわかーらへっんはずぜ

this is good manga

私だぜは日本だぜ

モッドさんだぜは出来ない子だぜ

Pic made me kek
how is ゆるゆる as a starting point?

yuru yuri is a little tough as a starting point but not impossible

dont miss this secret gag in vol. 2 though, its one of my faves now

You can discuss things in japanese on /jp/. Sup Forums maybe about anime and manga, but it's not about jap.

Damn meant ゆりゆる

Decent. It has some spoken dialect difference puns, gloss over them. If you want something that sticks to standard japanese you'll have to stick to stuff that works its comedy off "themes" instead, like SZS.

This is a manga thread.

This thread is about manga.

What's wrong with posting in japanese?

Pro tip: Manga and anime are ONLY produced in Japanese. Without it you can't consume them.

Literally making posts in Japanese about how mods probably can't read and how it's a good idea to cloak comments. Idiots.

If you used your brain a little, you'd realize that it's not unnatural for people to post in Japanese in a thread dedicated to discussing untranslated Japanese media.

Yes, but you can still discuss in english.

Yes, but it's not part of Sup Forums to discuss that content in japanese or to know japanese at all.

Which belongs to /jp/.

Started mining some words I hope that by Christmas I can read it without help

>Yes, but you can still discuss in english.
That doesn't mean people must.
>Yes, but it's not part of Sup Forums to discuss that content in japanese or to know japanese at all.
If you can read raw manga you can read posts written in newbie japanese.
>Which belongs to /jp/.
Do you even go to /jp/?

>If you used your brain a little
You'd see that half the comments have nothing to do with manga and are directly about not discussing manga and using Japanese to get away with off topic shit.
This is why you fuckwits are cancer who got the boot.

>What are you talking about?
Don't play coy.

There is a place for that, and it's not here.

kill me

If this thread isn't allowed, then it would have been deleted a long time ago.

did i get banned

>That doesn't mean people must.
So I can also discuss things in chinese on this english board?
>If you can read raw manga you can read posts written in newbie japanese.
Not everyone can or has to be able to do it. You're logic is flawed.
>Do you even go to /jp/?
no, but I know that japanese posts should be on /jp/ (or Sup Forums)

Manga threads belong in Sup Forums - Anime & Manga. If you don't know Japanese, you can just go to one of the other manga threads instead of shitposting here.

I don't know why you're shitposting the thread with unfunny comments in an attempt to false-flag, but this is a manga thread, dude. Please delete your garbage and leave.

FUCK YOU

BRING BACK THE DJT YOU STUPID MOD FAGGOTS

EVERYONE ARGUING AGAINST THE DJT IS A DEKINAI KEK !

Justify this:

>Let's use a Japanese codeword to secretly discuss things (off topic).

>Good idea, user. The mod is an EOP so he probably won't understand what we're saying.

Nice falseflagging.

This is an english board. Just because the source is japanese, it doesn't justify to speak in another language here and actively exclude people.

問題は言語じゃなくて、内容です。

「モードさんってどんだけ馬鹿なの」は完全アウトと思います。

I do and it's fairly obvious through some of your Japanese posts that they are about evading mod detection through Japanese.

>your
user...

hi google translate

Calling the mods stupid and insinuating they will lose their position based on moderation you disagree with can get you banned for GR8, shitposter-kun.

でもさ、今時日本語もできないやつって、残念過ぎないか?30代童貞の俺よりかわいそうだぜ

>actively exclude people
It's a RAW manga thread. So obviously, people who doesn't know Japanese will be excluded.

そうだぜ

The posts you're referring to were deleted, you can stop shitposting about them now.
If you don't know Japanese, why would you open a raw manga thread?

>Let's use a Japanese codeword to secretly discuss things (off topic).
>Let's use a Japanese codeword
翻訳お上手ですね

Am I actively excluded from a homolust thread because I'm not a faggot? No, it just means the thread isn't for me. There are lots of other threads you can still browse.

私の漫画が難しすぎ
はずかしい
ゲンソウに行こう
イイだろう
wあらう

So the whole thread shouldn't be here. Ok.

>If you don't know Japanese, why would you open a raw manga thread?
Being able to read Yotsuba, doesn't mean you're fluent and understand everything. You can clearly come here to choose about what you want to talk. In english.

Fuck off 2ch or 2chan if you want to discuss manga in Japanese.
Face it: all you want is a little safe space to treat like a chatroom for off topic chatter.
>you can stop shitposting about them now.
It's not shitposting when it's still happening right here, moron. You're not clever.