WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHOW EVEN?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHOW EVEN?
WHERE DID IT COME FROM?
WHY IS THE ANIMATION SO GOOD?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/10/08/flip-flappers-episode-1/
blog.sakugabooru.com/tag/flip-flappers/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27003/animated-artist_unknown-effects-flip_flappers-smea
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27226/animated-character_acting-flip_flappers-yasunori_m
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27304/animated-chikashi_kubota-creatures-effects-explosi
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27457/animated-effects-flip_flappers-smears-toya_oshima-
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No seriously.
Whose crazy mind came up with this ridiculous show, and why is the animation so well done.

Sakuga cant carry a bad show, flip floppers is flopping hard. Another victim of style over substance.

blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/10/08/flip-flappers-episode-1/
blog.sakugabooru.com/tag/flip-flappers/

Honestly it kind of reminds me of Kaiba, if it were a lot more lighthearted and absurd.

It isn't a bad show and sakuga isn't carrying it.

Do you have sales data for the first volume--if it's even being sold yet--or are you just projecting your butthurt onto others?

I'm only on episode 3, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
The plot is pretty non-existent so far, but I'm interested in what the show has in store.

Reminds me of that anime with the elves and the namesless firl with the pink hair.

Pre-order numbers aren't looking good. It's pretty much a confirmed flop at this point.

>flip floppers

4 episodes later and the plot is still non-existent. Also animation quality drop.

Amazon?

It's a great, fun ride with cute lesbians.

>Also animation quality drop.
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27003/animated-artist_unknown-effects-flip_flappers-smea
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27226/animated-character_acting-flip_flappers-yasunori_m
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27304/animated-chikashi_kubota-creatures-effects-explosi
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27457/animated-effects-flip_flappers-smears-toya_oshima-

The joke being that Flip flappers has plenty of substance too.

It's flip flopping because nips don't like good things.

I'll just judge for myself by watching the show, thank you very much.

But seriously, who's directing?

I'm reminded of SamFlam

>WHERE DID IT COME FROM?
The words of every single person who ignored the show at first and didn't know what they were missing out on.

>But seriously, who's directing?
Everything you probably need to know about the series is answered here:

>ep18 of Space Dandy
Good shit

>sakuga blog shilling

I'm not "shilling" anything you dumbfuck. It's a great resource for learning more about anime production.

Fucken' sold

>great resource
Speculation by a bunch of niwaka who can barely understand Japanese does not make for a great resource.

If you have no interest in anime production then just shut the fuck up and go argue about Rei vs. Asuka or something, nobody wants to hear your whining.

guys please, I'm trying to let this thread die in peace

I hate how they kiss KyoAni ass every time, while saying FliFla animation is "standard" despite the fact that it's way better and more consistent than Shitphonium.

>I hate how they kiss KyoAni ass every time
Of course you do, because it's the hot new meme that Kyoani is shit for some reason and must be denounced at every opportunity. Even though nobody here watches or knows anything about their shows.

You even went as far as to pretend that he doesn't like Flip Flappers and that it's because he is such a terrible Kyoani fanboy.

Ultimatebetamax or kVinfag detected. If you lurked the board for 30 minutes, you'd know that there's a decent kyoani fanbase in this board. The fact that you're acting like all of Sup Forums hates kyoani is outing yourself as an outsider, probably one of those sjw retards I mentioned, since they always use this site as their boogieman when people ditch on or disagree with them regarding anything related to kyoani on their(your) shitty sakuga blog.

As much as I like kyoani myself I feel the need to tell you to stop this kyoani circlejerk you got going on with your little sakuga community, they're not without flaws and you overrate their direction and animation quite a lot.

>Ultimatebetamax or kVinfag detected
I am not either of them you fucking paranoid retard.

>If you lurked the board for 30 minutes, you'd know that there's a decent kyoani fanbase in this board.
All I see is people whining about them.

>The fact that you're acting like all of Sup Forums hates kyoani is outing yourself as an outsider
I've been here for many years.

>probably one of those sjw retards I mentioned
So I'm a social justice warrior because I point out that Kyoani is hated here? What the FUCK are you smoking?

>(your) shitty sakuga blog
Again, you are a paranoid fucking retard.

>As much as I like kyoani myself
No you don't.

>I feel the need to tell you to stop this kyoani circlejerk you got going on with your little sakuga community
There is no circle jerk.

>they're not without flaws
Nobody said they are.

>you overrate their direction and animation quite a lot.
No I don't.

The posers over at /jp/ are like this too, they shit on anyone who takes the topic of otaku seriously and claim they're niwaka or shills or fucking whatever. Dank memes, waifuposting, roleplaying, fetishes and other shitposting are the only acceptable things to talk about around here.

You're still acting as if kyoani wasn't one of the most.popular studios on the board. Please go back to wherever you came from

People need to realize that all art is subjective and how you see one vs another is entirely on your perspective. Saying that flipflap is better than hibike is basically saying that turkey tastes better than chicken. It's basically opinion. These threads just boil down to a bunch of dick waving from pretentious assholes that can't separate.fact from opinion. Fuck all of you.

Again all I see here is people shitting on them because that's the latest meme.

>Please go back to wherever you came from
Take your own advice.

I've never said one is better or worse than the other.

>all art is subjective
I hate this, it's just not right. People confuse this with taste, people can have different tastes and some tastes are shit. But there is a reason that you can learn how to do good art, how color schemes work, how perspective works, animations, anatomy. Even people that haven't learned these crafts can see when they are done wrong, our brains are wired to enjoy correct looking things.

>But there is a reason that you can learn how to do good art, how color schemes work, how perspective works, animations, anatomy.
The 19th century ended a long time ago, user.

So question, is this show SamFlam tier amazing or is it just LOLSORANDUMBxD bullshit?

Is it flopping because of /u/?

I want to watch more this season but I'm kind of hesitant to touch any of it after reading all the synopsis. I've only got 3-4 anime I'm following right now, which is an all-time low.

I know, sometimes I miss it.

It's good, but nothing like SamFlam.

Yes user, it's lolsorandumb. Don't bother watching it and seeing it for yourself. It's better to just jump to conclusions and assume the worst.

The synopsis probably makes it look really generic, but it's a really well executed and animated show, its story might deliver some great final episodes, or a shitshow, but it's too early to say.

Yuru Yuri sold well enough to have three seasons and OVAs. Flip Flappers has barely any /u/.

It's just another fall meme show like Psycho Pass, Kill la Kill, or Cross Ange.

Great to hear, might actually check it out. Thanks as usual, Sup Forums.

Yes, of course it is. It's shit. Just a meme. Like every other show. Why watch anything? It's all shit. Fuck everything and just go back to re-watching Cowboy Bebop for the 100th time.

I'll have to disagree with that, it pretends to have substance but really just provides the pure illusion of substance. Ultimately none of the characters are particularly compelling or original, really it's just the relationship between Papi and Coco that people are mainly sticking around for, though their relationship is developing well, neither of them are outstandingly interesting or unique as characters. The show has a unique style to it and many strong points that make it worth watching, but in the end it's mainly just about a confused girl going through puberty with every other plot element sorely neglected and unexplored and that's hardly what I consider substantial.

Are you really this insecure? This or you have massive shit taste.

Just insecure. I just hate investing time for something to turn /u/ on me, and I really hate looking up spoilers.

>Flip Flappers has barely any /u/.

Yes that is indeed what I said you moron. You don't need to quote it back to me.

I am watching the show you colossal retard. I am not just randomly proclaiming that it has barely any /u/ in it. You are cherry-picking, and if you are so triggered by yuri then maybe you should be watching fujoshi anime instead.

You know he's probably a /u/ poster trying to make it appear /u/, not someone trying to say the anime is bad because of some minor /u/ undertones at times.

But I love this show.
I'm just denying that it has barely any yuri

You are cherry-picking and obviously triggered.

It's flopping because it's too weird for average nip.

And discs sales no longer matter much. If it manages to sell one CD or some merch it's not going to be a flop.

I'm not saying it's about /u/ but it contains /u/

I already said it contains it you fucking moron.

>anime with males has some minimal yaoi undertones
>OMG fujoshit!!!

>anime with girls is full of yuri undertones
>LOL it's not /u/!!!

I never called anything fujoshit you stupid fuck.

>It's flopping because it's too weird for average nip
Wasn't it because it has abrely any marketing? And I don't think that this show is so weird, but that it doesn't look that special at first glance.

It's /u/ from the beginning.

It's really sweet though and not heavy handed. It seemed pretty bad with the fanservice at first but it gets less annoying on repeated viewings, after you know what the characters mean to each other etc.

Quick tip, if you're not in love with the show by the end of episode 3, then don't bother watching the rest.

I don't think FF is even undertones anymore. It's straight out has Cocona questioning (in her PI) whether she loves Papika.

If 99% of us subjectively think your opinion is shit it might as well be objectively true that your opinion is shit.

Seriously this whole art is subjective meme has been explored. Can we go back to actually putting effort in now that we've demonstrated the boundaries of artistic expression?

Quads confirm

Why bump a thread if you have nothing to say?

The only problem with this statement is that your not comparing the mona lisa to an abstract statue of a person sucking his own dick. Your comparing two pieces of animation that both have their own strengths and weaknesses. To say that one style of animation is clearly superior or inferior like many of the shitposters in these threads do is fucking stupid. Thats where the art is subjective comes from. Some people like the always on model lighting effect shows kyoani does and some people like the vibrant off model flashy action that flipflap does.

You cant judge them both in the same way just like you cant judge Van Gogh and Michelangelo in the same way. Both do paintings but both have different styles. To say that one form is always better than the other is just fucking stupid.

They're arguing based on technical mastery. Like boring unimaginative basic shit done perfectly. Like Bouguereau paintings or something.

Making an Excel sheet of which name to put on which cut is not "interest in anime production", it's inventing an extreme niche interest just so you can be the best in it.

>go back to re-watching Cowboy Bebop for the 100th time

overrated plebshit, true connoisseurs only watch LoGH

>It isn't a bad show and sakuga isn't carrying it.

Couldn't chose better words

>Psycho Pass was a fall meme show
>Cross Ange was a show and not a pile of dogshit