What' the better power:

What' the better power:
Mind control or time stop?

Depends on the duration and range of the time stop and mind control, if there are no limitations then time stop.

Time Stop.

>Depends on the duration and range of the time stop and mind control
yeah specifications are key here

is this a jojo reference?

Mind control because it's subtle and no one could prove it. Time stop is something that could actually be observed or detected and might get you captured at some point if the government really wanted to.

Za Warudo

Mind control makes you literally able to conquier the world.
Time stop allows you to beat up people 1 on 1 and maybe steal things that aren't locked up?

Mind control is so much better it's not even funny. For sexual purposes, for business and or school, for sexual purposes, for betting, for sexual purposes, for daily life.

Why not both?

Do i age during time stop.
This is very important.

mind control

i can zap some bitch to loving me with all her heart

time stop just making me fuck a statue

You're underestimating time stop.

Mind Control is subtle if
1. You only need to establish domination, but not maintain it
2. Its not verbal
3. Target follows orders after moving outside of range
4. Degree of dominance varies. I.E From making target follow influences, to total domination

It has severe limitations if any of the above is true.

Please tell me what applications it could have other than beating up/raping someone, stealing whatever's not locked up or cheating in an exam. I frankly don't see much more.
It only worked for DIO because he also had a superpowered spirit to do stuff in stopped time.

Time Stop is in many ways worse than Acceleration.
I.E The Flash, Quicksilver, etc

I would choose timestop purely just so that I can sleep in more.

is this a shitty meme ?

You could just mind control people to not care if you sleep in, you know.

Just time stop or time manipulation?
Time stop has it uses, but time manipulation is more versatile.

Yeah, I guess so, but timestop seems like less of a bother than mindcontrolling an entire company.

doesn't matter, I have both

I prefer Time Stop because you can pull pranks on people or other useful stuff.

Depends on how the time stop works.

Every other person freezes, that's a given, but how do inanimate objects behave? Would your computer still work if you stopped time?

Mind control makes you the king of the earth
Time stop make you a more than human

Do your heart stop beat with the time stop?

That's not how you do mind control.
>pick a company with most fuckable president's daughter
>mind control HR to join sales
>become best salesman ever
>rush through management to the top
> (optional) mind control president's daughter

Why would it stop?

If your computers still works, Internet wouldn't

Time Stop no question.
If someone shoots you before you can mind control them, you're dead.
If someone shoots you, Time Stop, move the bullet to behind the shooter's knee, find where he lives via his wallet and then resume time and watch him become crippled. Tell him you're going to rape his family and then do so because Time Stop.
Then as he gets home he is instantly mulched by knives thrown in stopped time just as he sees his family lying dead and cum covered.
That's what time stop is, the power to rule over anyone's life.

If you had mind control,he wouldn't shoot you in the first place

If your computer works that means it's receiving electricity, which means a whole lot of infrastructure is still running. Security cameras could be active as well.
It doesn't make much sense unless everything is completely frozen.

Fucking this. Why would you want to fuck a deadfish when you can make someone lust over you.

Then you don't stop time, you just pause people

Power to beat the cock

Depends on the limits obviously, it's too vague.
How long can you stop time for?
How can you interact with your environment?
How long does mind control last?
Is there a maximum number of people you can control?

I am still sad

My sides you're a fucking psycho, we could be friend

this

So the air would be frozen too and you couldn't move?

If time stop allowed you to interact with people you could defeat an entire building in a split second.
Mind control might be fun but its not as impressive.

>you could defeat an entire building
I know what you meant, but this is fucking hilarious.

Mind control is way better. Time stop, despite being cool in action manga, doesn't really have a lot of practical applications in real life. This is especially true if you're going for the rape route. Time stop just lets you fuck inanimate girls. With mind control, the girls can actually react, you can do all sorts of fetish play, make a harem, etc. I just don't see any reason to pick time stop.

>stops time
>punches building
>breaks hand
truly the power to rule the world

Depending on how physics would interact you could also punch somebody and hit like a wrecking ball
mostly because slowing time would cause you to act like a really fast object

Only whatever's close to you gets to move, a la DIO's World. He moves around in his clothes and throws knives but they stop like 5 meters after being thrown

Light would also be frozen and after absorbing it it wouldnt be replenished so you cant see something from the same point you viewed it before

You would need some insane reflexes in order to activate the timestop before the fired bullet hits you.

Mind Control is the absolute worst rape of your fellow human beings. Because you make them think that whatever happens is what they wanted.
It's the absolute worst supernatural power in every situation.

What happens if you mind control yourself

Surprised nobody posted this superhero

>pseudo-immortality
>practically own everything on earth
>can learn anything and everything instantly
>can spend an infinite amount of time studying to find cures, immortality, time travel, etc.
Mind control isn't even in the same league.

It would actually be even more broken, lets rule out some "oh shit everything is energy!" and "suddenly its an infinite black hole"
You would act as if you were really really fast, according to the universal laws but you don't possess the energy to move fast, which means you literally create energy.
With some accidental end-of-the-universe scenarios, you could punch anything in slowed time and hit like a bunker buster.
If it was realistic though you'd just destroy the universe because infinite/total stop = infinite speed = infinite energy = infinite matter

Having direct influence on another person's mind is a very powerful tool. A lot of conflict can be avoided by simply MCing your opponents, on or off the battlefield. A major issue would be if that's the morally correct decision, though, and I wouldn't trust another person with the same power to do good.

>pseudo-immortality
>implying you wouldn't keep aging and only cause your life to end much sooner

I feel like MC would be a bit of a cheat power, too boring.

Only use it in the most dire of circumstances, like a crutch

Why would someone be shooting you in the first place? Do you have the reflexes to stop time before the bullet hits you? What if they caught you unaware and shot you without revealing themselves?

Only if you're not aging while time is frozen and if, as pointed out multiple times in this thread, you can actually interact with certain things.

Under ideal circumstances time stop really is superior though.

It really depends on the minutiae of the powers. Like does mind control work like Lulu's Geass where it requires line of sight and hearing, but only works once? Is it like Jesse's Voice from Preacher where it's absolute, but it does require having to be heard (and thus won't work on deaf people? Does it wear off? Does it last only until a command is executed? Does it override any free will or personality traits? What sort of trauma can come to people affected by it if it clashes with their free will or personality?
Too much to consider without trivial specifics.

probably time stop because if you can literally control people's souls they stop being human beings and become more like dollsyou can program.

unless you can only do temporary mind control for a certain period of time.

but if you could like instantly change poeple's minds or beliefs about things or make people fall in love with you or behave differently then it would be boring and detached.

You become an anime hero

tl;dr you become saitama without the durability, just don't create too much energy.

I imagine Mind Control to be more akin to puppeteering than just nudging someone's thoughts into a direction you view as favorable

This. How do you stop yourself from abusing mind control? Shit would require insane mental strength.

Time stop is cool AND situational enough.

then don't use MC for that
only use MC when serious conflict is inevitable

Depending on time stop specifics you could basically charge punches like some vidya character.

You'd get addicted to it though, unless you have a will of steel. Not for everyone.

Though it depends on the person, I'd imagine that most people would abuse it and (possibly) eventually grow bored of controlling every facet of their life. This won't happen if they're using it to escape death or punishment

Well MC implies quite strong mental control, since it's a psychic thing. Willpower is a given

not necessarily, we're dealing with fake super powers so we can easily say that some snobby low IQ dipshit was magically granted with MC.

If you could become wise and strong enough, then sure, MC sounds like a good deal. You'd be fit to use it for personal purposes AND to do good to the world, which means a win:win for everyone.

But if an user got MC, it'd be pretty disastrous.

You're not a very creative person are you?

superb points
it really all depends on the person who posses the power and if they have a good moral compass

I forgot pranks and magics. Maybe becoming good at boxing or something?
That's pretty much it.

I think this one takes the trophy.

I came to tell you the same as this user. Why would somebody try to shoot you? Do you live in a warzone? Just don't get into trouble. At least you can control a bodyguard that jumps without fail infront of bullets.

Good exemple of why knowledges of how physics works can ruin a lot of fiction enjoyment.
I bet that you everytime have to tell yourself that it's just fiction to not be annoyed by the stupid shit they pull out with powers.
At least that's what I have to do

A universal power like Time Stop would be much more powerful when used right.

KANE LIVES!!!

How would you earn money legitimately without being traced back to you with time stop? Besides corporate espionage (which isn't really legit), there isn't really much compared to mind control

There was a power thread once upon a time and the best ability ever was decided to have been a) telekenisis b)intangelbility and c) time

Basically intangability is the best.Time shitters can blow me. Time is easy to work around once you know it's happening. The only way you can't work around it when there's some KC shit going on.

Kill anybody trying to get you, steal cash

How would you use it then?

And the cash earned is either so small thus negligible or you have undocumented cash and leave a trail. No more civilised life in the latter.

>money
Once a wagecuck always a wagecuck. Funny isn't it.
What you would do is be a free man who doe whatever he wants. Go pick some esoteric goal for your life. One man can change the world. One man with SUPER powers can do as he pleases.
Steal plates of food in resteraunts to eat. Snap into facilities as they close to sleep and shower. Steal clothes as required.

There would be evidence of tampering but honestly so to would there be with mind control if you know enough about neurology and so on. The trick with BOTH is that no one will accept that as a rational outcome so they will hypothesise crazy solutions to explain even the most trivial use of your power. Who would arrest you for stealing while time was frozen? Even if the case was air tight the courts might laugh. Even if the judge thought it was fine, imagine the presses reaction.

You would be bullet proof.

You could sleep out in time stop and do whatever you want during the day anyway, not sure if you would even burn calories in time stop

>"Are you my master?"

>What you would do is be a free man who doe whatever he wants
That's the reason you don't have a job, user. You're entitled and lazy. The shit you'd steal doesn't craft itself.

I guess he was right.

I could try to become famous by pretending that i'm Hit and i can time-skip box people to death

>you le wagecuck haha:p
>>>/reddit/

put a tack on someone's chair just before they sit down and appear innocent

And? There is an over abundance of prodduct in a consumeristic world, further, if you're being withdrawn based on moral good there are always allowances made to recoup losses of certain magnitudes. The point is, why be a petty piece of shit and try your hand at corporate espionage? Is that any less disgusting as an act? You're still taking credit for others work and reducing their livlihoods for the sake of your own. The difference is in this other life you accept that you'd be doing something like that. Instead of devoting yourself to the desire for money (product) you give yourself something to actually DO with those powers. Some people grind in corporations all their lives. Others take a risk and start corporations. Others take an even bigger risk and look outside the world of financial gain to political gain and ideological fullfilment.
You're a pety loser if the only change in your life is how to scam people better at work.

Assuming the powerlevels to be fair (eg. not comparing freezing time for 15 seconds between 2 and 3 am every other monday vs dominate will), time stop. The upper limit is just so much higher.

It really depends on their limits
Without loopholes and people breaking free of your control, mindcontrol would be my choice

My idol honestly

I'm won't criticize your beliefs but don't force them on others.