Does Sup Forums watch anime subbed or dubbed?

Reminder that the only people who watch anime dubs are Americans who joined their high school anime club like some fucking sperg.

raw

Subbed because dubs are usually trash.

lolied

Dubbed so I can Alt Tab and do something else.

Anime is boring.

Dubbed when available

I don't watch anime

I watch subbed with no sound and I read out all the subs in different voices for different characters.

dubbed because I have trouble reading fast enough

Thanks for inspiring people to make threads like this, fake Kinomod. Guess Sup Forums is much better now (for people who never cared about Sup Forums before).

Only one way to learn my friend, keep the subs bro. I used to have a hard time reading fast, but thanks anime, I read faster than most of my friends.

Subbed

Is this an actual problem with subbed? I've always read fast so I've never experienced this.

That's what you get for living in a country that never uses subs on the TV

You need to be 18 to post on this site.

I'm not even english or american and I have literally no problem to fast shit in English, even Tatami Galaxy was just okay, how the fuck do you read this slow?

Mostly subbed but sometimes I find the dub to be as good or even better then the sub. That is a rare occurrence though.

>Subtitles
>Can't read fast enough
This shit would make sense for a fast language like spanish but japanese is slow as fuck even when it's shit like tatami galaxy.

Keeping being butthurt that your little circlejerk got swept up along with the rest.

>dubbed
I hope you don't do this

I watch with no sound too, but I don't use subs either and I try to guess the lines from the lip movements.

The way that lets me hear that DELICIOUS Yukarin voice

Neither

Not sure, you'll have to ask him.

dubbed in one language and subbed in another.

Usually dubbed in Japanese and subbed in English.

Subs, unless the dub is really worth it (ex. Cromartie)

What a fucking waste.

Subbed, but if the setting is western like Hellsing or Baccano! and the dub isn't complete trash i'll try the dub.

Quints have spoken

I watch subs, often with the volume muted because nip voices scare me.

Subbed. Dubbed only if the voice cast isn't shit.

Depends on the show and how shit the voice acting is.
Subbed for hentai, dubbed for everything else in general though

checked

probably ESL, honestly.

Dubs. Check em

Both.

I always wish for the english dub to be available.

Not him, but I'm on the same boat, at least I think.
I have lack of focus. I read slow. English is not my mother tongue. First of all I can't even read the subtitle instantly without having to pause and replay it. Second I can't watch what's happening above the subtitles when I'm busy reading so I have to keep pausing and replying.
Dub almost fixes all my problems.

only top tier dubs

Oh the old times where Mei considered top tier imouto.

Time sure flies huh.

jesus

What are some anime with good dubs?

Master of Martial Hearts

Marketing still ongoing?

>Quint
>All 9

Never thought I'd see the day. His words have been deemed truth by Kek himself.

Japanese dub with English subtitles confirmed.

On a board where everyone pirates their anime? It would make sense on Sup Forums since half of them actually buy their games.

Only dub I've ever watched is Fullmetal Alchemist.
White people can't voice cute nip girls properly.

Muted Raw.

Dubbed if possible, unless the dub is really bad (like Pokémon now or Laurie from Little Women if subs for that existed)

>dubsfags on modern Sup Forums

Purge this garbage, Kino.

Always subbed.

I can tell when voice acting is shit when it's in english but not so much when it's in japanese.

I like dubbed when possible, but overlord's dub is utter shit.

>all these dubfags on Sup Forums now
A year or two ago, I'd think people were just fucking around with their answers. Nowadays? Not so much. Board really is dying.

>watching anime dubbed

Fuck off normalfags.

Usually just subbed. If I happen to rewatch a show I'll watch the English dub if there's one available.

Depends, mostly subbed but sometimes the Japanese voices are so bad I go dubbed. There are also a few rare cases where the dub is decent enough that I watch it anyway, like Ghost in the Shell or Samurai Champloo.

yeah this is how i like my chinese cartoons too

And the digits have spoken folks!

>american reading comprehension speed

Not everyone here has english as their mother tongue.

I watch my anime dubbed.
check em

Good hit.

Remember that if you watch anime in english dubbed, you're not watching that anime at all.

90% of anime has boring characters and tropey bullshit. I'm not going to sit for 30 minutes and read the same text over and over again. I just put something on and do some monotomous work on the other screen.

I don't know how any of you sustain jobs if you're watching this much anime while doing nothing else.

Some anime was made with the English voices in mind first.

>any of you sustain jobs
Fuck off, normalfaggot.
NEETLIFE

raw

That's silly and wrong, in high school where anime was featured, we would always have original audio with sub titles (while not in an "anime club" as well)

For mandatory foreign language courses, Japanese language was the most popular choice.

There are only 5 shows I prefer in english.

Outlaw Star
Ghost Stories
Hellsing (and will probably be Drifters by extension if Taliesin Jaffe is given total control of the dub like he was for Hellsing)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Gun X Sword

That's it, literally everything else is better in Japanese to me. Honorable mention though to ATHF, the greatest anime.

Oh shit I forgot Big O. Ok 6 shows

Is this a serious question?

Lurk moar.

Or, you know, there actually are ones that are good.

Granted I can count them on my fingers, but it IS a quantity greater than 0.

dubbed if its a good dub (baccano, black lagoon, etc etc)

Dubs whenever possible, because weaboos are gay. Nothing worse than a fat weaboo spouting japanese anime lines while you're in the room.

Subbed except for a select few. Usually older shit where they still got voice actors who could actually act. Like Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop.

Both. Sometimes dubs are really funny.

Ghost Stories is amazing dubbed, but absolute dogshit subbed. Weirdest thing, I wonder why that is.

Touch me.

Keked

are you fucking retarded?

>nd will probably be Drifters by extension if Taliesin Jaffe is given total control of the dub like he was for Hellsing
He's not even involved.

Dubbed if the anime is trash, subbed if I know it will be good. I sometimes do both if I enjoyed it subbed just to see how good the dub is in comparison. It's a low chance it might be better.

well meme'd

How's that autism treating you tonight?

Have you fucking seen this scene dubbed? It's atrocious.

Subbed, with almost no exceptions.
Voice actors in America, especially for anime, are paid so piss-poorly that the only people who would stoop to doing them are pretty shitty at it.
Whereas Japan has a highly competitive industry with huge wages for those who climb to the top of it.
You have to have a ton of money and connections to actually get good voice work done, for example Disney, which is why Ghibli films are some of the rare exceptions where the dub is acceptable.

How was it shit?
I rather liked Ainz's dubbed voice.

Why doesn't Sup Forums dub an anime?

>dubbed

Normalfags generally want everything dubbed. Also since dubbed voice actors are not taken seriously like they are in japan, they offend don't have a lot of new blood which leads to them either being a labor of love or just washed up actors because the pay is shit.

The 'subs are better than dubs meme' is one of the oldest and dumbest things about the entire anime fan culture in the west. Because subtitles have been done for so long by non-professionals, the expectations the community has are all totally unprofessional. Like, leaving honorifics and random untranslated words would literally never even been considered for a moment by any real translator, but it creates outrage anytime subs are released with actual standards like that. And it's like that top to bottom. So, western fans would rather read poorly, partially translated versions of shows they pirate, basically, than listen to professional voice actors read actually properly prepared scripts. It's completely insane, to be honest.

>than listen to professional voice actors

Because localizations are handled poorly and the production values are often not as good as the Japanese version.
Not to mention the dialogs and character interactions feel weird because they are made with Japanese mannerisms in mind.

Then again most Sup Forums users don't really think that far about dubbed anime and they just hate it because it's the cool thing to do.

Well, that's one way to show you're an idiot.

I don't think you read that post correctly

Ah yeah. I read it right the first time but then I just read it wrong.
Also I'm sure we have dubbed anime on Sup Forums.
At least joke dubs.

>leaving honorifics and random untranslated words would literally never even been considered for a moment by any real translator
Nobody in the business of localizing for western audiences perhaps, but since fansubs are done by and for fans, their viewers are expected to have a working knowledge of Japanese language and culture that a general audience might not. When I watch a sub, I want to read an accurate and direct translation of what is being said, rather than the translators idea of how the scene might go if it was written natively in English. If that means leaving honorifics or occasional untranslated words in some contexts, then that's what I want. Of course this has to be done in moderation so you don't get ridiculous translations like "just according to keikaku" but even in communities like this such translations are objects of ridicule.
>professional voice actors read actually properly prepared scripts
"d-list actors who can't get a real job but still need to pay the bills emotionlessly reading a script they were just handed" would be a more accurate way of describing the average anime dub.

Fuck off. Yeah subs aren't perfect but most dubs just sound awful to anyone who isn't American and are completely unwatchable garbage.
Also there is absolutely nothing wrong with leaving honorifics in. They can't be translated without being distracting, clunky shit and leaving them out entirely causes problems when characters specifically refer to them in dialogue.

Depends on the mood and if im eating

If im tired and half asleep or if im eating I watch it dubbed

If not subbed

There are also some times I may watch it dubbed due to its setting or what not as I try to watch it in whatever language makes the most sense given the characters and location

Dub for me