Bleach

This absolute madman is single-handy responsible for childhood friends ending up together. Why aren't you praising him?

Because he's still a shit tier main character.

He's not childhood friends with Orihime though.

Better than
>I WANT TO BE THE HOKAGE OF PIRATES!

Hes the only main character I know that never had a consistent goal or anything throughout the series, He could not possibly have any less development or characterization. Kubo truly is one of the worst writers in manga history

No, but Rukia, and Renji are childhood friends. Yet Ichigo, and Orihime became highschool sweat hearts. How are idiots still lacking reading comprehension?

Just because he doesn't want to be the king of shinigamis doesn't mean he doesn't have a consistent goal.

Are you going to say that japanese heroes in toku are bland because they want to protect people? Fuck off.

Ichigo wants to protect his friends and he gets a kick out of fighting even if he doesn't want to admit it, his goal is just not seeing his friends die, like his mom did.

To be far. Even Yusuke from Yu Yu had no end game goal. He just wanted to kick people asses for getting in his way. Goku wanted to fight stronger opponents. Ichigo wanted to be strong to protect everyone. Naruto wanted to be Hokage and have everyone recognize him.

>Are you going to say that japanese heroes in toku are bland because they want to protect people? Fuck off.

Comparing bleach to equally crap "classic" shonen is fruitless. Naruto at least had a goal, and had a dynamic going with sasuke. Goku and Yusuke at least make more expressions than the poker face and the I am angry face.

The problem was having the manga be extended past the Azien story line. You could blame WSJ for not letting him end the story there. Even Dragon ended eventually.

Ichigo doesn't need a goal, he needs a personality.

Renji and Rukia are childhood friends turned lovers
Ichigo and Orihime are highschool sweethearts

>Even Yusuke from Yu Yu had no end game goal

Is Yu Yu Hakusho supposed to have good writing?

Old shonen has awful writing user, Ring ni Kakero, Hokuto no Ken, Kinnikuman and the second batch like Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball.

They're fun series, but they don't have good writing.

Then what is the point of this thread?

Correct

His goal was to protect and the whole point was that he didn't change, he is who he is.
Take your 4th rate criticism to reddit.

Shipping shit? Have you read the OP?

The rest is just you replying to shitposters shitposting about a popular series

This is the manga I've ever finished reading.

>Rukia holding to Renji like a baby monkey would to his mother

Ichigo USED to have a personality.

HE PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE
Wait,Are you telling me that Ichigo was a character?

when? before the soul society arc?

>THE WHOLE POINT WAS....
Really? How is that the point? What gave you the impression that he was supposed to not change at all over the course of 700 chapters, which conveniently takes no effort of the author to do?

>reading comprehension
>sweat hearts

True

Why is development so important to you? there's more than one way to write a character, not everyone needs a dramatic attitude change every 50 chapters.

How many times did ichigo get a new sword? I remember he lost his after Aizen and I didn't pay much attention after that. He got some new one and it broke and then another new one? Anyone got pictures of all his swords

I want to touch his lips.

YYH is interesting on a variety of levels, very likeable characters, someone for everyone. While they change, I think what's consistent is a narrative about crooked or dark people finding solace in their walks of life. Yusuke starts out as a delinquent, becomes heroic, but learns to really care about people by the end of Dark Tournament. Chapter Black is darker, more philosophically engaging for him, but this is more of a waiting period for the turn his character takes by Three Kings where he's faced with decisions about who he is, and his /own/ existence again because he's got much more than when he was a delinquent. But that's what I like about the end, it's about growing up and living with the people around you. I really love YYH.

I wonder if Ichigo wouldn't have been such a blank slate had Masaki not died.

I remember liking Ichigo before, but his lack of development further on really hindered my enjoyment. It all seemed more about the upgrades then him actually growing and evolving.

How about any character change, or any development, or anything at all over 700 chapters? Is that a niche thing to desire in a story?

didnt read much of it did you?

>implying you didnt cry like a bitch when he accepted himself fully and became a perfect vizard lorde

well given the fact that he goes from being a human to a shinigami to a hollow to a quincy, for him to still hold the same personality from episode 0 is impressive af. He did not change and that's why he was perfect.

i miss him

Nothing after the farewell stare is canon

>Masaki > White
>White > Ishien without Shiki
>Ishien > Aizen
>Aizen > most of Soul Society