Which isekai has managed to achieve 'best' wish fulfillment without trying to break the mold?

Which isekai has managed to achieve 'best' wish fulfillment without trying to break the mold?

Nobuna.

>grand strategy nerd lands in his favorite time setting
>historical figures are cute girls
>MC has to genuinely git gud and contribute to things or he'll carry his boss's sandals around
>MC genuinely tries to rewrite history and this causes butterfly effects that land him in trouble

Youjo Senki.
>salaryman dies
>meets God
>"salaryman-kun, are you ready for you next life?"
>muh cience
>salaryman proceeds to trash talk god
>God decides to punish him by making so he is born on a magic world where science is useless
>he is reborn as a magic loli
>he is the so strong he turns into an army general
>a Nazi magic general, to be more specific.
>Magic Loli Nazi General.

Mushoku tensei

>best wish fulfillment
>salaryman wants nothing more than a cushy job but keeps getting sent to dangerous situations and has to pray to a god he has no faith in

>MC has to genuinely git gud

No he doesn't, he's fucking retarded. All he does is copy what is recorded in history or think up a silly method to counter it and still barely get by the skin of his teeth. Furthermore, half the time he just does what the recorded historical people do as an exact copy acting like it was his plan when it clearly wasn't. The genderbent girls are a bajillion times inferior to the recorded history counter parts and would even have a hard time against the likes of Andrew Fork.

I mean if Saru from Nobuna was genuinely gud at war, then fucking Liu Mang from that MFILILB isekai is above Lelouch then, plus a lot manlier. And that's clearly not the case.

That really wasn't it, if you aren't shit posting and actually mean what you said you lack reading comprehension. He wasn't smug though that's obviously the comedy in how he comes off as smug as shown in the manga. His inner thoughts simply rationalized way too much and basically was a fancy way of saying "Prove you're god and not just some very powerful being like the devil or an alien, why are you acting like this when I just got killed do you do that for everyone?" and then God fucked his ass cause he's so out of tune with humans he has no hope talking to the autistic HR guy.

He's not some atheist or anything like so many idiots on Sup Forums believe, he clearly believes in the Devil, so by nature he has to also believe in God. He's just venting very very hard and making cheap remarks while having false hope (which quickly shattered) that maybe he would get compensated.

That attitude of his stays the exact fucking same after he reincarnates, he still accesses people the same way as he's always done like a machine, extremely consistent to a fault. That's why he was fucked over by God, cause being a guy who has lived his life only one way, he could only communicate the same way.

Which naturally is totally foreign to you guys, the opposite of someone climbing the ladder.

Spirit Migration.

Not worry about dying, help everyone like Jiminy Cricket.

Explore, wander, see people do interesting things, and help them, receive their adoration, then carry on.

The only chapter that made me want to drop Mushoku Tensei was flowers in two hands, I ended up self inserting as Norn for the rest of the novel and I wish she slapped his shit harder.

>updates fucking never ever again

Depends on what you mean by best and mold. Would KENS fit the mold even?

Every chapter made me want to drop Mushoku. I finally managed to do so on like volume 18

So you're a masochist.

I hate Rudeus with a passion for the first 12 books and constantly think of ways that I would do better.

So yeah, I guess it is the "best" wish fulfillment then.

Shouldn't the opposite of that be best? An isekai where he did everything right and thus fullfilled your all wishes?

That makes sense, but the opposite can also work well. Think of it this way. Spent most of MT thinking about how I would function in that world and how I would interact with the characters. I did so even after finishing the books, so it successfully brought me into the world and fulfilled my "wish" by having me mentally replace the MC in the story with myself and make my own decisions.

>hates Rudeus
>thinks up ways to make the series better
are you me? mushoku tensei had potential to be decent but it's plagued by uninspired writing and a shitty MC.

Escaflowne.

This was good

this! Bear Form is the best!

There are none. LN authors are autistic manchildren who can't even write garbage right.

Was honestly sad when they gave him a generic mecha body he could call on whenever. Liked it when he was limited to his current body's capabilities.

Also Hans no Junan is best wish fulfillment, hot blooded country girl gets to be superman, yankee farmer gets to have his own monster farm, aging yakuza gets a perfectly young body and can follow his love of cooking, lonely and stressed high schooler gets to have true friends and be someone depended on.

What I hated was how every girl becomes a puppet devoid of all personality as soon as she marries him. She just becomes 'a wife', and that's all there is to her.

What would you do to make it better

A Chinese novel called Long Live Summons

>Perverted MC get literally kicked into another world after trying to extort an immortal
>Sent to a Monster taming world where people capture and battle monsters like pokemon/digimon
>gets the SSj realm right off the bat
>gets a legendary item/ability after any battle he goes through
>all of his pokemon he raises into monster girls
>every battle is essentially him trolling his enemies to death

though it has ran into a problem of being bogged down with harem hi-jinx (though all the harem girls are also ridiculously OP).

Add NTR. NTR makes everything better.

Agreed

everytime I ask for a way to make MT better there's always someone suggesting something that would make it worse

>"it was all a dream" ending
>Luke and Eris fucking
>Orsted kills all the characters anyway
>Rudi reincarnating again

Overlord
>Papa Bones Spooky Adventure: Nazarick is unconquerable

Sasuga Ainz-sama.

bur he doesn't have a dick

Increase the speed of the plot ten times

Re:zero

Eris was kept her personality for a few more volumes and it fits Sylph but what happened with Roxy was a travesty.

Kuro no Maou

No isekai has achieved my wish fulfillment, so I guess none. Fucking isekai these days not being wish fulfillment but power fantasies. I don't want to be OP.

I think the plot was too rushed as it was
especially the arcs after the second Orsted battle

>read Asura arc
>expect an arc Machiavellian political intrigue and fleshing out of the kingdom and its politics
>arc pretty much gets finished once they reached the capital

>read Millis arc
>expect a big upheaval and family drama with opposition that uses traps and poisons rather than outright brute strength
>lol misunderstanding lol

>read final arc
>expect a fight that will cover the entire world as well as two full arcs about the Ocean continent and Heaven continent
>get pre-arc wrapping up everything and settling the beef in a country in the middle of nowhere
>pissed that they made Gisu an antagonist from out of nowhere but think he will be a cunning antagonist
>none of his plans works and he gets quickly fucked over

You got the Adventure arc, School arc, and Labyrinth arc that seemed fully fleshed out and memorable then you got the last few cramped arcs that felt more like a summery.

Not Isekai but Utawarerumono

Re:Monster.

Unless it has broke the mold somewhere down the line, but I'm not aware of so.

You're right, but those are kind of unrelated to the speed of the plot, just bad decisions from the author. The had all the volumes in the fucking world to develop and finish a story correctly, yet he spent so much time showing Rudi convincing his two wives to have a threesome with him.

Actually he did miles better than what Chinese authors do. You get this interesting story with each chick and as soon as she marries the mc she becomes obedient chinese wife #48585. Only very few books have kept the chemistry going. In Mushoku Tensei at least you got moments with each girl where you actually felt like they were a couple. Except Eris. I don't know what the fuck he did to Eris.

One of the side characters from Kumo desu ga
>be reborn as Prince in a country with huge magic potential
>your big brother is a Hero of the world and you look up for him very much
>your best friend from last life is also there but now female AND a daughter of a Duke in your country
>your little sister likes you so much she'll kill anyone for you

That's because Mushoku Tensei is just an introduction. The main series has yet to be written and that one will include the ocean and heaven continents, the dragon whatever dungeon, the hell dungeon, etc. I can't wait for all the Greyrats' interactions. I'm just scared about the true mc-kun.

Completely disagree. Sylph and Roxy evolved well. Eris barely even talked anymore.

Mushoku tensei had the potential to be as complex and good as Steins;ate if it was made into a visual novel. Being written in the Ln medium truly held it back.

He'll be good because he's got years of experience writing under him now.

This, and also if he never married, and if the story didn't try to focus on family (making it larger, that is). Mushoku tensei sounds so good on paper, but it's executed so poorly it hurts.

that's an exaggeration Rudi didn't spend that many chapters on his sex pursuits

really the problem was that after getting a house, three wives, and a small fortune there was not much more reason for MC to develop. All shifting the reason to the battle of Orsted and Hitogami did was shift the focus away from the MC made him less important

no game no life, until the sock sweat sucking vampires, that shit was too much

>sounds so good on paper, but it's executed so poorly it hurts
Every LN ever

What? The main reason I like MT is because of the focus on family. If it didn't have that it'd just be another generic light novel. His relationship with each girl, the way they handle being a polygamy, family dinner, his conversations with his father, taking care of his mother, his children, sisters, friends. That's the whole point of the story.

That's the whole point of the isekai genre. To find happiness in another world because you hate this one and being an OP moron gets boring. You need a family to keep you going especially when internet doesn't exist. MT is the best because of this and it keeps the story going instead of just being a window into how they lived happily ever after.

Mushoku Tensei was a reincarnation story and it followed his Rudy's life from start to finish. Can't ask for more than that.

Was there talk of season two? Somehow I remember there was.

Juuni Kokuki.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki

I've read countless stories where the mc goes to another world and none have done it like Mushoku Tensei. I don't know, I just liked the whole family relationship. I thought it'd just be MC going to explore the world and more political intrigue once again but I got way more than that.

Yeah because you're a beta faggot in real life.

Moonlight Sculptor, also MC officially earns every thing by working 1000% harder than everone else - in tht end it summs up to him: being strongest superman both irl and in game, having for waifu a most beutiful person on earth, winning and owning 70% of world real corporate assets.

Its however ultimate wish fulfillmenet, since his wishes were limited to being able to afford to pay electric bills and for sisters education and grandmothers healing - both fulfilled very early.

Explain to me how he worked harder than everyone else and became so successful. I thought Moonlight Sculptor was shit.

Has Moonlight Sculpture been fully translated yet? I heard the author only allowed up to volume 20 to be translated.

He did work harder than everyone else. But he also has the good old MC's devil's own luck. ANd the inhuman capacity to stay up 72 hours straight. I think it was 72 hours. Or maybe it was only sleeping like 1 hour. Am I confusing stories? I've read so many that are similar that they've all blurred together.

No idea, I've never read Moonlight Sculptor, tell me more.

Tell us more. Also, how is he not living a nightmare by 72 hours what the fuck

He worked hardest doing 10x jobs since early age since was poor fag. Became best player in one MMO by playing obsessively, sold account for millions which all immidiately went to debt.

Proceed to spend a year preparing for next MMO researching absolute everything about it, training irl in dojo obsessively becoming one of the world best real fencers just to be effective in MMO.

Spent weeek 25/7 without sleep and food hittingi training dummies as insane first time he logged in the game to raise stats. Spends EVERY single free minute doing something to raise skills - crafting, training etc. Everyone who played with him reports its impossible to keep up with his inhuman pace and endurance as he perfects the process to be inhumanely effective - not a single second of rest/wasted.

etc. The guy is a machine.

46 vollumes so far translated.

It is great, read it - can just start with webcomic and then switch no novels. Have to make clear though its primarely comedy about jew greedy character and his antics - no real drama happens there at any time: its all about him making money and being fun anti-hero.

So it's not even an isekai with mmo mechanics but just a guy playing mmos? Why read a ln about a guy playing mmos when you can just play an mmo?

I read it years ago. From what I remember he was a very famous player in an old mmo because he achieved the highest ranks in everything but was always alone. The truth was that the guy didn't sleep shit and just kept playing nonstop for days without heath repercussions. He sold that account for a lot of money but got screwed over and then entered the new vrmmorpg where he decided to once again play non stop to fix all his problems. He takes like a year to study all he can about the game before it comes out, trains in martial arts and form a game plan to do everything perfectly once the game starts. The story is actually slightly more original than others and it takes an interesting spin where he can create huge sculptures that give special effects.

It's much quicker to read about it than play it. It's cheaper too.

I know what I'm doing this Christmas then.

Isekai is "another world", not "rebirth" as many falsely thing. So VRMMO books also fall in this category, as VRMMO worlds are still "different world". And why read? Because its fun.

Example would be , a perfect wish fulfilment manga of an old guy just raising his char and having fun.

How do you study for a game that hasn't come out yet?

Because unlike the mc in Moonlight Sculpture, you'll never be a special snowflake in an mmo user. You'll never command an army of monsters to rain fire upon your npc enemies in real time while every watching through screens in awe. I wish it wsan't so, but that's how it is.

Do you play mmo's at all? They always release a lot of information about it before hand.

i think you mean boner

Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki

It did come out at the time. He was just studying to make a proper start in it, as well watched if its the worthy time investment as his primarily goal was to make money. Like eSport players assessing upcomming titles for potential.

The year wasted resulted though in him starting behind others, so while he played most efficiently - the others were already 400-500 levels and huge guilds running a continent.

He never planned to compete with them initially though, all he wanted is to become gold farmer - farming dungeons for loot and selling it, to earn money irl. Didnt went quite like he planned though, things escalated quickly.

The moments where he focuses on money are boring as fuck But it's always fun when things spiral out of his hands and shit hits the fan quickly.

Has it ended yet?

But he can command army of monsters to attack you in real life too. 500 "Geomchi"s aka "Swords" - korean to 500 martial artists, ready to beat everyone irl for sake of their "youngling".

He also has super AI with army of drones potentially under his command, and 70% of world assets and essentially controllingi whole planet if he becomes Emperor - since the corporation that created the VRMMO also invested in robotics, and bought every other relevant bussiness on planet and controls goverments and ready to destroy opposition with Robot armies they developed too.

Of course thats if he survives genetic altering procedure supposed to make him Superhuman if he 'wins' a Game

but LMS is not an Isekai because he still deals with the real world.

So Outbreak Company, Gate, Inu Yasha etc. arent Isekai either?

10 Nen Goshi HikkiNEET WN was pretty good.
Then the editor ruined the LN by making the author add a heroine that wasn't a bitch.

those are literally new worlds and there is no way around that. VRMMOs can only possibly be considered isekai if the real world is close to being irrelevant.

Does the SAO alicization counts as isekai or something?

The farmer is still the best part. Gotta love how even the heavenly monster girls are over him.

Does Sup Forums not read xianxia at all? There's xianxia's that are isekai too. You read one xianxia and you've read them all. And they're all the epitome of wish fulfillment. The mc ALWAYS wins. He'll ALWAYS get all the hot chicks. He will ALWAYS become the most powerful. He will ALWAYS win the arguments.

And yet there's something so freeing about those stories. No having to look behind your shoulder hoping the author won't decide to screw you over. No fear that the mc will be cucked. No fear that the mc will be a wuss. You go in knowing what you'll get and yet for some reason just can't stop enjoying it. At least that's my case.

>Does Sup Forums not read xianxia at all
>does the Vietnamese shadow puppetry board read Chinese pulp fiction at all

>Alicization (アリシゼーション, Arishizēshon?) is the 4th main Arc (第四部, Dai Yon-bu?)[† 1] in the Sword Art Online series.
Putting aside the fact that you have shit taste for even having in mind SAO's 4th arc, I don't fucking know. I don't know and I don't care about SAO's 4th arc. What I do know is that if SAO had ended after Aincrad was cleared then it would have been an Isekai. That is even if you include a conclussion act in the real world because it would not influence the core story.

SAO is the epitome of wasted potential and of milking a dead cow.

Its on my back list, but too busy reading russian isekai novels. They are generelly lot better than Asia, since all MCs are always adults and stories more in line with proper sci-fi/fantasy.

I just read about it on one of Sup Forums's threads about an SAO american adaptation movie or something.

>russian isekai novels
Any recommendations? Or are there none being translated and you read them in Russian?

I love the series for always keeping the shit going out of control for him but also dislike it for giving him the "key components" early on in the quest lines/arcs and they turn into "I win/solve the quest" bit too easily.

And that early series "I'm not good enough for her/she just wants to murder" me repetition got old pretty fast.

All in all it's fun to see him come out as a winner in the long run but it certainly isn't without flaws, subjective dislike or not.

This is one comfy thread

Wait fuck this got a LN too? Also how old is he, I hope he is still 30 years old or being neet for 10 years while being a teenager doesnt make fucking sense.

It really fulfilled your Sup Forums wish right?

He's 25 now.

my safezone, yes

That seems fine I guess but what does her cousin add to the story? I hope she isn't transported into the new world with him.

>but what does her cousin add to the story?
A romantic interest obviously.
>I hope she isn't transported into the new world with him.
She is.
The Amazon reviews are pretty amusing. It sits at a solid 3 because most of the reviews are 1-stars going "a heroine appeared..." or 5-stars going "A HEROINE APPEARED!!!"

There was this oneshot where some random dude gets hit by truck and goes to magical world and becomes wizard only to find artefact that sends him to Japan where he sends his past self to fantasy world so he doesn't get hit by truck
Anyone knows the title?