Besides breaking the 4th wall all the time repeating the same type of gags

Besides breaking the 4th wall all the time repeating the same type of gags...
>Zura ja nai, Katsura da
>Mayonnaise
What does this series do well again?

Gintamafags kept telling me it gets good at episode x. And goddamn, one-note comedy characters are not built for these tryhard serious arcs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x28cp3UOpTk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing.

Toilet humor, poop jokes and satire.

I really want to like it, but I feel I need something more than that for 316 episodes worth.

The serious episodes/arcs just kill it for me, though.

It's shit.
Beelzebub was 1000 times better. But it didn't have fujo appeal so it got cancelled. Fucking nips.

Go watch Keroro instead. It's a better self-aware comedy.

Funny. I've seen Keroro referenced in tons of anime. but never once seen a Gintama reference.

yea it really should stick to the comedy and not half-ass a plot

Those things you listed are character traits, repeated as the long running jokes.

>What does this series do well again?
Voice acting, likable cast, best girls, some unexpected feels.

>tryhard serious arcs
how are they "tryhard"? In fact, the earlier light-hearted mood and pace only makes those darker / sadder scenes hit even stronger, IMO.

>He didn't like / watch up to the Nabeleon ""recap"" episode.
This a photo of OP ?

Reddit: the anime

You mean Re;Zero. It's okay, we all make mistakes.

Is this the Gintama thread? The last chapter might have been the best one this year. Classic Gorilla-sensei.

>no Kagura fanservice unless we count when they turn her into old hag herself
More casual than casual.
Good for some shallow watchinig.

So, any dates on the new season yet?

Or when the fuck are we getting Love Potion arc's part 2??

The character conflict over petty things like in episode 25 generally results in some of the best humor in the series.

>Kin-san and Tama working together.
Fucking kek.

feels episodes

shogen episode are the best part of gintama . if you don't like them just drop it

The author wanted to end Beelzebub because he didn't know what to do.

Gintama is a shonen that mocks of the genre that is its own basis. Toilet humor, referential humor, violent gags, the shit is funny in a very simple level. Then you have Gintama being actually respectful about the tropes in the most serious arcs. So, basically, Gintama is a shonen done right. There is thin veil that Gintama never break, when it comes about taking itself too seriously or too random.
So you may appreciate Gintama if you like shonen, and if you are tired of the random plots that take themselves too serious when deep down are just too shallow.

not to mention no second ova yet. not even a raw

This.

I just got past the Jirocho arc and my god, what a ride that was.

I actually teared up when Gin found Otose and got terrible goose bumps when Gintoki attacked Jirocho. The savageness in that fight was unreal

Lesbian here.

Just a reminder that we are taking over. The fact is women have NEVER been attracted to men: we needed them for protection, economic support and procreation, and sex is what we traded for those things (or they just raped us).

But now? First-world men have been totally domesticated, so no need to worry about violence. We're taking over the work force too, so we can provide for ourselves. And medical science has made procreative sex totally unnecessary; we can just buy the sperm (with our superior earnings) and have it cleanly injected without getting within ten feet of a penis.

Women are naturally more attracted to other women. Who wouldn't be? We're beautiful, soft and smooth and curvy, basically the opposite of hairy oafish ape-like men. And we know how to please each other like no man ever could. Lesbian sex can last for hours.

Every day more and more "straight" girls are being turned. The world of the future is where a small number of strong men act as our designated studs and the rest of you losers are eunuchs designated for manual labor exclusively. Deal with it.

-/u/

It's just the best anime ever.

>Being respectful about the tropes
I'm sure that stuff like this happened all the time when the Japanese tried to prevent assassinations

>What does this series do well again?
Humour. And despite being pretty much a parody, it can still do drama well.

However. It's about twice as long as it should've been.
If the whole Gintama anime consisted of only the best episodes, it'd be a 100-150 episode long show and probably the best animated comedy.

But no, there are also worse episodes mixed into that.
And yes, it does get good after dozens of episodes, which is why I never recommend Gintama to anyone.

Is kinda funny that people really think Sorachi is subverting a genre when he is just using it to the letter but just making obvious the many flaws.

Guess the character

youtu.be/x28cp3UOpTk

what are you trying to imply ? you know this is Sup Forums and this is gintama thread right ?

Just watch Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, my good sir

>Not watching it for the best girl

Are you trying to say there's something funny about a kin/tama duo? How could you ever think that team kin/tama is funny?

Mutsu

Mutsu's ass

Will Gintama make some gags in final chapters about famous manga endings?

The comedy is why you read the series, the serious arcs make you cry when you thought you just wanted to laugh. The serious arcs are what make the series so endearing and able to last so long because you become attached to characters that should just be one note.

Also, serious arcs are hardly that serious overall, they are still usually filled with humor like the Ketsuno Ana arc. I admit all this final arc stuff does put a lot into question in how the series will be remembered because it's going on for over a hundred chapters where before no arc was really longer than four or five chapters, but even now, there's been all sorts of great comedic chapters mixed in and I'm hoping Gori-sama can stick the landing.

And it's through comedy it can tackle some pretty heavy subjects that other shonen do not.

I've stopped reading Gintama ever since that long winded serious arc started (I think I stopped right after they introduce Kagura's mom's backstory)
Has it gone back to being lighthearted? Should I bother?
I'm watching old episodes to compensate

Oh fuck off, Kagura's mom was awesome, though that arc was killing me too as it got on too long...it has gone right back to being light-hearted once they go to Earth though. We've had great returns of characters like Madao and even Prince Baka had a great chapter this week.

Almost sure

Tsukky ass is superior

Funniest anime
Does feels well
Does action well

More or less does everything well.

Where did I imply I disliked Kagura's mom you goddamned faggot?
But thanks for the info anyway.
When did they come back? How many weeks ago was that?

Feminism

I wanna fire my Neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon into Tsukki's moon.

Fuck off Kyuubei.

A few weeks ago

We are now with Prince Hata backstory

I'm sorry it's not your battle harem # 145 with abusive tsundere females and boobs everywhere.

The best way to end it would be them getting arrested

There's a series called Sket Dance that came from the exact mold as Gintama. Yorozuya at high school setting.

You guys kidding me? Sorachi brought Hata back? That's amazing.
What's that, 400 chapters since we last saw him?