Shouldn't it be animes&mangas?

Shouldn't it be animes&mangas?

Other urls found in this thread:

learnersdictionary.com/definition/anime
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/anime
myenglishteacher.eu/dwqa-answer/answer-for-list-of-words-without-plural-form/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It should be Animu & Mango.

I know mango is great in a smoothie but what about animu?

>manga
>plural form

anime and manga is the plural

i watched 10 anime vs i watched 10 cartoons
i read 10 manga vs i read 10 comics

It should be Animoe & ManGAR.

They should just go back to Animu & Mango.

GAR?

Moe and gar no longer exists.

It's a corruption of "animus", the life force in classical Aristotelian philosophy.

Dumb EOP.

it depends if the foreign word is regarded as a normal english word or not. Compare for example samurai and ninja - in English, the usual plural forms samurais and ninjas can be used (even if samurai and ninja is correct).

Not lexicalized words? Keeps the filthy -s away from them.

It should be "Asian Comics & Cartoons"

Why is comics first then cartoons but anime first then manga?

>animes&mangas
user please
If it's a serious question then lurk more.

Fuck off faggot.

Stop being such a sperg autist with your elitism.
Animes mangas is fine.

Sup Forums hasn't been able to understand the concept of loanwords since its conception, it won't learn today either.
When a word is taken from another language, you incorporate it into your own. It no longer adheres to its native grammar rules. We speak English, and many words in English are pluralized by adding an s to the end.
In languages where they don't pluralize words, like Japanese, loanwords then obey the new language's grammar rules. A Japanese will say "hitotsu hanbaga" or "futatsu hanbaga". He won't say "futatsu hanbagazu" just because hamburgers is the plural form of hamburger.

>American English
learnersdictionary.com/definition/anime (Merriam-Webster owned)
Look at the [noncount]
>British English
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/anime
Look at the [mass noun] (it means uncountable)

Animes is incorrect. Hell, have you ever seen an anime news site use that word? They always say 'anime' to refer to multiple anime series. The ones that say "animes" are the people in the stupid comment sections.

> It no longer adheres to its native grammar rules.
Why are people saying anime and manga are exempt from this when no other loan word is?

>Tfw Anime are more respected on Sup Forums even though it's just a popular marketing tool to promote 'x' manga/novel
>Tfw Comics are more respected on Sup Forums even though all modern comics are just retelling/adapting the same story that existed in a different generation

The internet is sure confusing.

Yes it should be like that

Actually, it should be animera & mangara.

No and fuck off

It should be animii and mangii

Because they're weeaboos who have a false sense of superiority because they learned one facet of Japanese grammar despite not even fully comprehending their own native tongue.

Who are you quoting?

It's not even that. Sup Forums just attracts all the tryhard teenagers who think elitism makes them cool. So they repeat shit they see posted without understanding why they're posted. Case in point: all the kiddies get mad at "animes" and "mangas" but they never get mad at "doujins" and even use the word themselves.

Fuck off faggot.

The plural of anime is anime.

Go back to your nigger school.
myenglishteacher.eu/dwqa-answer/answer-for-list-of-words-without-plural-form/

It should be animes and mangas, but the creator of this sight was a retarded weeb who really thinks plurals don't exist in Japanese. They do exist, there's just not a separate way to make a noun plural, it's all implied. Japs don't point to a pile of rocks on the ground and say "Look at that rock!" when they mean all of them, even though that's what they said directly translates as.

See:

Sup Forumsmics and cartoons
Sup Forumsnime and manga