I'm starting to hate being in the military. I hate politics in general...

I'm starting to hate being in the military. I hate politics in general, and one of the contractors in my unit who was a prior Marine and served in Afghan/Iraq told me about how the war really was all about oil, and politicians didn't even deny it. I thought that was a conspiracy theory until he gave me all the details.

I haven't even really got to do anything I signed up for. I feel like so far it's all been a fucking lie. I keep telling myself to maybe move to a better job in the military, like EOD or helicopter crew chief (I've been approved for re-enlistment already and can move to the latter) but lately I've been thinking about just denying it and getting out.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Americana
ourworldindata.org/war-and-peace/
business.un.org/en/entities/13
shipmap.org/
ecowatch.com/syria-another-pipeline-war-1882180532.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMyY2V0J0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=YuMTzyxAuzs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia–United_States_relations#World_War_II
investopedia.com/articles/forex/072915/how-petrodollars-affect-us-dollar.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe don't be such a fucking pussy OP. You're in the military, it's your duty to be a solider not think about the political part of it. If you can't focus enough on that then get out and go be a chef at Wendy's. Former military now paid firefighter. I don't get paid and train to think about the politics of the department that's what higher ups are for. If you're not even doing what you want to do you probably just signed back up after your intial contract, this is the time to stay in and learn more and work towards influencing the political part of the system. But, if you're unwilling to do the time and shut the fuck up during it then get out.

Tl;dr: I'm too lazy and stupid to try and figure out what I'm doing actually serves a purpose DURRRR

you're a faggot lmao

More like have some pride in being a soldier and do your job bugman

Calm down, i'm not some shit bag who doesn't do his fair share. I've gotten awards and been told constantly how good of a job I do at my unit. Doesn't mean I don't have a right to think of the political side of things.

A random guy "telling you how it is" doesnt make it true just because hes there before you.

It is a pure fact that extreme muslim terrorists have earned millions of dollars from the black market sales of oil pumped out of wells they control.

Its totally logical to defend the wells. Whatever happens with the oil after that is outside my knowledge but theres legitimate strategic purpose to focus on the oil.

>contractor
>in my unit
This is how I know you’re LARP.

thanks for the (You) flaming faggoteer

That's garrison life. Sorry, troop.

Have you considered a more rewarding career field? What about utilizing your GI bill?

Never said you don't have a right. But you're debating if you want to stay enlisted or not partially due to your MOS and partially due to the politics behind it all. If you have a foot out of the door then leave, it's not worth it to stay in and hate and question leadership the entire time.

^ said it better than me.
I got assigned to a Special Operations support unit and I still wonder if the shit I do actually makes a difference. You get told from the beginning that serving in the military is supposed to be some courageous thing to do where you get to make an impact for your country. But I have no doubt that I haven't done a single fucking thing that actually protects American citizens. Just supports the organization.

Just learn the skill you'll need for the race war then get out, thats what im gonna do.

Oh really? Elaborate. You've never been to a unit that has contractors? There's two at my shop and dozens that work for my battalion.

I have. I've had my mind set on being a firefighter for a while now. I'm trying to use some TA while I'm in to get an EMT certification, but trying to convince my SNCOIC to let me off work an hour early to get to the class for a month is a pain in the ass.

seems like you are disillusioned with your mos, what it is?
Btw make the military work for you, not the other way around. If you joined to serve your country, the military is not for you. Try becoming a firefighter or something similar where you have an impact on the community. The military is for adventure, camaraderie or job skills, nothing more

welcome to soldier life, the only job you should care about is making sure the enemy die for his country, not you.
you only have to start giving a shit about politics once you are with the highter up and filling papers in the pentagon because depending on what you do it'll get you a juicy promotion

Your job is to do violence in the name of advancing America's interests. The oil secured will help to keep America politically and economically dominant for another generation, which isn't at all guaranteed without that violence.

You wanted to be the hero, the good guy? No such thing mate, sorry. Just your nation's interests. Google realpolitik.

I'm a generator mechanic. I signed up to be enlisted flight crew, but they decided to tell me when I had already made it to the school that my eyesight was no good.

Also
Guarding
Opium
Poppy
Fields
For
The
CIA

Military is for fucking random hoes across the world.

Don't forget the barracks bunnies

>realpolitik
Seriously dude? Now you’re just being a poofta.

Not an argument

This. What would you consider to be a worthwhile cause, OP, if not advancing American interests worldwide? Sure, your primary purpose isn't to ensure the concrete national security of the US in the sense of protecting lives from terrorism (although it's a lot of that), but economics *is* national security. You provide a stabilizing force for the American and international economy. Just try and imagine what the US would look like if we had overnight Oil rationing and exuberant prices again. How is that not a matter of national security?

Allahu Akbar!

The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Japan is the country which has been promoting Globalization!!!
Allahu Akbar!

Yeah, you're basically G.I. Joe for some rich kikes.

Fuck you, people like you are "trigger pullers" and order followers. You'll do anything your higher ups tell you and you will accrue the karma for it.

You being in burger corporate mercenary army is a shit situation.
But make the most of it and look to use it to improve your life.
When you are done with the millitary, work your ass off to become a private defense worker on merchant ships.
You know, the guys that are paid to sit on ships going through dangerous zones that are prone to pirate/terrorist attacks.
Iy's a well paid job that's chill, you can try to branch to prvate yach guard and that one is paradise

stop being a faggot Afghanistan is about drugs, Iraq is about oil.

excuse me, um, sergeant? I..uh...I don't like the way this makes me feel.

>signing away your life and dignity to be a ZOG trooper ensuring globalist corporations get their agreed upon slice of foreign nations while the politicians that decided to erase entire populations off the map get an additional tugjob full comp from their lobbyists so you can end up on a watchlist for the rest of your life as being a probable enemy of the system you fought to maintain

Well done OP.

A. There's no oil in Afghanistan
B. It has nothing to do with oil. There has never been and never will be a war over oil. When people want oil, they purchase it.
C. The USA gets less than 200,000 barrels of oil a year from Iraqi sources. The USA uses about 7,000,000,000 barrels of oil a year. Most of which comes from the USA. The biggest foreign source? Canada.

You're part of maintaining the Pax Americana.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Americana
ourworldindata.org/war-and-peace/

Yeah oil companies, defense companies, politicians, Jews, etc. make a bunch of money from it, but nearly everyone on the planet benefits as well.

>genocide of the jews

Fake data.

>told me about how the war really was all about oil, and politicians didn't even deny it. I thought that was a conspiracy theory until he gave me all the details.

So what did you think your wars are for? For democracy and freedom meme? You think you are fighting sandniggers in other side of the world for protecting America? Holy shit do some Muricans really think that?

1. You're dumb
2. This is LARP
3. Resources are literally the only thing worth fighting for. War requires massive resources and organization of society with inherent loss and risk. Therefore war is only worthwhile if your society stands to gain or control more resources or at least rare or specially coveted resources than it already has or at a cheaper overall price than acquiring them through trade.

Yes, I did

You're the second person to say this is LARP. Why?

>oil

We weren't in afghanistan for a decade and a half for oil.

Oil is just one of the covers.

Guess where the world's largest oil supply route is?
Can't purchase oil if it can't be transported
The US isn't just about itself, it's about global stability to ensure global trade.

Should’ve joined the coast guard faggot

Saddam had a stargate

It is a conspiracy. We rolled over Iraq without much resistance. Where's the oil? It sure as fuck didn't come here.

Because it doesn't sound like how someone in the military speaks. So either OP is Low-Energy, stupid, or fake.

FFS, we've been in Afghanistan for 16 years, back and forth in Iraq since 1991. If you hadn't figured out that these wars were largely about controlling access to oil resources and managing the political environment of the Middle East to control larger geopolitical foes, what the hell did you think they were for?

>implying he controls socotra or aden

Dude, just get out. Life is so much better on the other side as long as you have some kind of skills that people want.

>Where's the oil? It sure as fuck didn't come here.
The Iraqis used most of it for hair and mustache treatments

>the war really was all about oil
>he gave me all the details
I knew I should have stopped reading right there, and I was right. Your just a young dumb kid. You'll eventually grow up and not believe every outlandish story you hear. Now if he had shared details about the poppy fields...

I called you dumb and then misspelled words, well fuck me

Around 90% of international trade is by ship.
business.un.org/en/entities/13
No oil = no fuel = no trade

Watch this for a few seconds and let it sink in - shipmap.org/

Judge not, lest ye be judged

by your self :^)

In the future, don't do this on 4chins.

There is no reason to prove your identity, and doing so will have absolutely no positive benefits.

It wasn't about oil you fucking retard.
It was about the counties we fought in.
Who do you think owned the central banks there?
That's right, their own people.
OOPS now it's in the hands of (((someone else)))
Why do you think they offed gadaffi? Because he was a dictator? They don't give a FUCK.
He was attempting to create a gold backed currency without (((their))) influence.

Your contractor friend is correct. Here's a good article that explains a lot of the history of our involvement in the Middle East.

ecowatch.com/syria-another-pipeline-war-1882180532.html

Afghanistan is rich in minerals though. The kind that go in smart phones and similar tech.

Also interesting to note that OPEC will only sell oil for dollars. This is what's known as the petrodollar.

Mostly went to European countries.

Some of it's more about fucking over Russia though. Like, the reason we wanted to overthrow the Syrian government was so Saudi Arabia and Qatar could build a natural gas pipeline to Turkey and sell natural gas to Europe.

Europe is currently reliant on Russia for their natural gas needs, so this would've fucked over the Russian economy. That's why Putin's dead set on not letting Assad fall.

Guess I was wrong about #1 then. Don't worry mate. Go break a leg in training, get yourself a nice 30% from the VA and $1000 a month for life. Or better yet, get some skills training, EAS, and work for a contractor raking in the big bucks. If it makes you feel any better, thousands of paratroopers are serving with the distinct dishonor of knowing they will never engage an enemy after jumping from a high-performance aircraft in the middle of the night

>Why do you think they offed gadaffi?

youtube.com/watch?v=BKMyY2V0J0Y

It's very long, but it is the best speech in UN history. He names everyone from switzerland to NATO. Says Israel should merge with Palestine, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=YuMTzyxAuzs

non french translator, sorry.

>and one of the contractors in my unit
Tell him to shut the fuck up and do his job. He isn't being paid taxpayer dollars to blab about his opinion.

I ETS'd out of Fort Polk after deployment with 2-28 Black lions (2011-2012, Pakita Province Afghanistan), I saw guys fresh out of basic going to HHC Garrison units, a total disaster, they train for an MOS like 19Kilo (Armor Crewman) or 11Bravo (infanty) and ended up doing FRSA or S1 work, waste of good guys with fresh discipline. Im glad that wasnt my first duty station,

>Afghanistan is rich in minerals though.

Not really.

Afghanistan isn't even top 20 for coltan.

Believe it or not, there are 4 level chess moves being played when it comes to national defense that the average joe can't comprehend. Until we can run this economy on fucking water, oil will be something we will fight for so get over it. We will also fight to keep from getting cucked by Russia, China and Iran, again, get over it. That is unless you want to be sucking salty Chinese / Russian / Iranian balls for the rest of your life.
BTW what sad MOS do you have? PAD? Cook? fucking go Infantry or get out.

Why the fuck is the bomb armor guy carrying a fucking smg? lol
Like defusing fucking IED's wasnt hard enough with those gloves.

>Being a solider is a courageous act
wow you sound like a fucking retard who probably has a group of retard friends and family if they pushed you thinking that was the military's ideal in the modern era

like how the fuck did you not know that the middle eastern wars have all been about the US establishing a puppet government to control oil prices and keep the USD afloat via the petrodollar conversion

It IS a lie. Actual defense of the country takes place here, at home. The only real threats are, and have always been, from within.

Ok OP, so what DID you enlist for? Seeing as we're stuck in dozens of tiny wars across the globe for murky reasons, what was your motivation for joining the Marines?

No reason to bully him, user. He's already questioning motivations.

Afghanistan is about poppy fields

Good pawn, keep acting as the armed wing of corporate interests. Exonn mobile thanks you for your loyal service.

Most of the people you will encounter while in seem to have an IQ of around room temp, however it is possible to be in the military and have an opinion. That's why we're allowed to vote. You just don't disobey orders etc due you our political beliefs. You sound smart. Get out, the GI bill is fucking amazing, you're going to get paid to get a degree. Choose something that will get you a good paying job which you enjoy after - medicine, finance, engineering, whatever. Don't listen to lifer faggots who tell you your only job prospects are fast food or fire fighting/police work - those might be the only options for them, but it's not the only option for intelligent people.

Shame nobody tracks the GSK shipments.

>t soy boy

I wanted to do things for this country and it's people, and also doing good around the world. Seeing and hearing about things like toys for tots, humanitarian missions and disaster relief, stories about Marines building schools in asian countries. I thought the war in the middle east was purely to eliminate terrorist threat, I wanted to be a part of that.

I love when people straight up admit the US military's main purpose overseas is supporting the economic interests of a few corporations run by a handful of jewish oligarchs with outsized political influence, and then try to spin that as if it's some sort of noble and necessary service. It's like the Goldman Sachs faggots who talk about how ripping off some average schlub's 401k is "ensuring the continuing liquidity of the capital markets," as if they're single handedly allowing the world to continue functioning. You're comically delusional.

THIS

You signed up to be a mindless drone for the government. No one to blame but yourself.

So was Vietnam and the golden triangle.
The opiod crisis is self inflicted.

Have to justify it somehow. Otherwise they have to come to terms with the sociopathy. Most are incapable, as doing so will break the very foundation of their psyche.

>But I have no doubt that I haven't done a single fucking thing that actually protects American citizens.
Okay, I kinda get ya. Think about this (and since I don't know your MOS I can't really say anything to that): just being there supports the country. And Marines are one of the rapid deployment forces used for emergencies. I served 82nd Airborne, signed up post-9/11 to go fight Osama in Astan and instead was sent to Iraq a few times for no particular reason

Army Airborne units are similar to Marines in that they're used for emergency rapid deployment. My first actual deployment was to New Orleans to help chase looters after Hurricane Katrina. That was a good gig helping Americans. My unit also deployed to Haiti in 2011 to help with their earthquake. My gramps was in the Marines and deployed to Nicaragua to fight Sandanistas for banana corporations but ended up doing relief work for the major earthquake in '37.

So you don't get a choice of how you serve while you're in (I mean shit, even when I was in Iraq I was more of a peacekeeper trying to halt the civil war post-invasion than anything else), but being there trained and ready is an important service by itself.Who knows, maybe your unit will just play dick dick games, or maybe Trump will summon you to fight off a coup and save democracy?

The military sucks in general but a large part of what you get out of it is what you put into it and how you look at it. Your attitude really will determine your service's worth to you in the long run. You just have to find reasons to make it worthwhile. For me, it was my fellow troopers and the little people overseas who weren't much different than us that we were able to help (until Obama fucked them by creating ISIS and a power vacuum in Iraq post 2011...)

Seriously, I think the most rewarding thing I took from my service was opening girls schools in a shitty backwater village

Just become private security for an oil company and make money while you can before our collective debt gets called bro.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia–United_States_relations#World_War_II
>On 16 February 1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt declared that "the defense of Saudi Arabia is vital to the defense of the United States"

investopedia.com/articles/forex/072915/how-petrodollars-affect-us-dollar.asp
> After the collapse of the Bretton Woods gold standard in the early 1970s, the U.S. struck a deal with Saudi Arabia to standardize oil prices in dollar terms. Through this deal, the petrodollar system was born, along with a paradigm shift away from pegged exchanged rates and gold-backed currencies to non-backed, floating rate regimes.
>
>The petrodollar system elevated the U.S. dollar to the world's reserve currency and through this status, the U.S. is able to enjoy persistent trade deficits, and become a global economic hegemony.

The global order requires enforcement. We had this debate post-1991 when the USSR folded and there was no clear hegemon to keep things aligned. Global trade relies on open passages and the US Navy largely ensures maritime law is uphelp. US security agreements back out trade deals and keep our trade partners trading with us and not someone else, which keeps our GDP high enough to support the social programs of the 47% non-tax payers and foreign aid.

Shit's a lot more complex and interwoven than just (((banker elites)))

>Shit's a lot more complex and interwoven than just (((banker elites)))

Have you ever thought that it doesn't have to be?

That band-aiding unsustainable economics with self-destructive policies is not a viable future?

Yeah because the US' obscenely destructive and disruptive foreign policy for the past 20 years have been so great for the """global order.""" Like assassinating Gaddafi and backing "moderate" jihadis in Syria, causing the migrant crisis. Like overthrowing the only Arab strongman holding the Middle East together, then precipitously withdrawing and letting ISIS take over. I get making these rationalizations to yourself while you're in, but if you think objectively and rationally for even a second it's just so clearly bullshit. Our foreign policy, and therefore the US military's actions abroad, are akin to a retarded chicken running in circles after its head was cut off.

>muh trade routes

Yeah, totally makes sense to spend trillions having the same ships go back and forth over the same routes. A handful of retards in skiffs with AKs in the Malaca straits totally calls for that. It's not like our trade partners in Asia want the shit their slaves made shipped back to American walmarts and would ensure open trade routes anyway.

Officer here, he has a point in regards to what war has devolved into. It used to be about facing an existential threat and fighting alongside those of your kin and blood.

"How are things, in this respect, in the world of the ‘democracies’? They now want, for the third
time in this century, to lead humanity to war in the name of ‘the war against war’. This requires men to fight at the same time that war as such is criticised. It demands heroes while proclaiming pacifism as the highest ideal. It demands warriors while it has made ‘warrior’ a synonym for attacker and criminal, since it has reduced the moral basis of ‘the just war’ to that of a large-scale police operation, and it has reduced the meaning of the spirit of combat to that of having to defend oneself as a last resort." -Julius Evola

Most military personnel fight for "peace" while forgetting that achieving peace will eliminate the need for a military and the men who fight in it, and make life boring as a result.

"Peace" just means war by another means, a feminine means where soyboy faggots and other cowards can mouth off whatever they like without getting their jaw dislocated for it.

To me, it just feels like we're in a death spiral, where we put convoluted bandaids on top of convoluted bandaids, and say it's okay, because it buys us another 3 years?

We desperately need someone to take a step back and ask: What the fuck are we doing?

pretty stupid if you had to get all the way there to realize soldiers are gunmeat for people in power and servin your nation is rellu secondary.
fucking gringo estupido

>toys for tots, humanitarian missions and disaster relief, stories about Marines building schools in asian countries
Man you should have joined the Peace Corps or an NGO instead of the military.

>I wanted to do things for this country and it's people, and also doing good around the world.
You absolutely are, it's just that the good you're doing isn't the good politicians talk about on TV. If they told the truth, too many voters and potential recruits would freak out even though they and most of the world benefits from the system. Realpolitik is beyond them. See for a case in point. Pic related, guess what enabled that? Global trade. Guess what enables global trade? The Pax Americana and US hegemony. OP, you are directly part of that now. Thank you for your service.

The only reason to sign up for the military is if you are desperate for the money/career opportunities. Otherwise, it putting your goy life at risk for the sake of Israel worth it?

Afghanistan is about oil? Fuck you retard.

>Have you ever thought that it doesn't have to be?
Yeah, I have. A lot. My 4-year degree was entirely focused on such topics. The thing is that history shows over and again that in order to maintain an order you need e hegemon or two for polarity and to prevent smaller nations from sparking larger conflicts, but not more than that because then the hegemons aren't powerful enough to actually prevent a power rebalancing if smaller nations flip sides. Look at the Cold War vs pre-WWI.

Unfortunately the world requires resources. Those resources are more available (for many reasons) in certain areas and not others. Conflict will always arise, even during times of great trade (look at mercantile Italy for example). Even our best attempts to deconstruct this Realist system invoke a larger hegemonic power, like a UN with balls or an EU with an army. The hierarchy persists, it's only the clients underneath that change

>it putting your goy life at risk for the sake of Israel worth it?

Depends on YOUR motivations.

Those aren't the major problems I have. It's things like purposefully making your population unhealthy to profit off their care.

I'm not going to abide this shit much longer.

>It used to be about facing an existential threat and fighting alongside those of your kin and blood.
Since when? In certain cases, sure. In most others? Nope. Most wars have been about controlling access to resources, be those commodities, trade routes, or populations (in the case of religious movements). The rest is emotional cues to engage a population who aren't directly benefiting from the resource exchange.

>It's things like purposefully making your population unhealthy to profit off their care.
Ah, yeah but I see that as beyond the bounds of this topic. That's more domestic policy and shouldn't be handled by the military

Another one is the French greenlighting qaddafi because the EU actually bought into "refugees" being the Mexicans of the EU.

It's all just self-destructive bandaids. Unsustainable and utterly without honor.

>That's more domestic policy and shouldn't be handled by the military

It's all connected, though, is the problem. We aren't in Afghanistan for the people, or for the country. We're there for "U.S. Interests" which is an entirely separate concept that boils back to my original point.

It's a giant turd wheel, rolling in circles. We stick some glitter on it, but it's still going in circles.

It is not your duty to ask why but to do or die.

If not him, then who?

:^)

America is #1. What you are fighting for is keeping America #1.
If you don't think America is the best, go somewhere else and fight for them.
Clearly you think you know how to do the job better than our political leaders, so go run for congress and enlighten them. Otherwise do your job because America is counting on you to succeed.